C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

2007 CLS63 Specifications

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 04:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Talking 2007 CLS63 Specifications

have the specifications for the 2007 CLK550, CLK63, CLS550 and CLS63 AMG's.
I will post the data in each of their respective forums.
This data should be available on the mbusa.com site soon.
I am posting only the pertinent information, including:
* Engine and Drivetrain
* Chassis
* Performance
* Exterior Features
* Interior Features
* Instrumintation

2007 CLS63

MSRPTBA
EngineAMG-built 6.3L DOHC 32-valve V-8
Net Power507 hp @ 6,800 rpm
Net Torque465 lb-ft @ 5,200 rpm

Engine and DrivetrainEngine 6,208-cc AMG-built DOHC 32-valve V-8. Die-cast alloy cylinder block. Aluminum-alloy heads.
Net power 507 hp @ 6,800 rpmNet torque 465 lb-ft @ 5,200 rpmCompression ratio 11.3:1Fuel requirement Premium unleaded
gasoline, 91 pump octane.Transmission AMG-enhanced 7-speed automatic with AMG SpeedShift™ programming and direct manual mode.
Electronically controlled shifting. Driver-adaptive programming adjusts shift points to the driver's current driving style.
Touch Shift allows driver to manually downshift and allow upshifts by nudging the shift lever left or right from the Drive
position. Shift into Optimum Gear programming allows one-touch selection of the best gear for maximum acceleration or engine
braking by holding the shift lever to the left of Drive for one second. Driver-selectable Comfort mode starts vehicle moving
in 2nd gear or 2nd Reverse gear, and upshifts at lower rpm, to help improve control on slippery surfaces.
AMG SpeedShift™ AMG SpeedShift programming provides up to 35% faster gear changes, automatically downshifts during braking,
prevents unwanted upshifting in corners, and features torque converter lockup in all forward gears. Direct manual mode allows
direct-access shifting through forward gears via paddles on back of upper steering-wheel spokes (left button downshifts,
right button upshifts) or via Touch Shift feature of shift lever, and will automatically intervene only to select 1st gear
when the vehicle stops. In Sport and Comfort modes, the steering-wheel buttons operate the Touch Shift feature.
Drive configuration Rear-wheel drive.
Rear axle ratio 2.65:1

Acceleration1 0 - 60 mph in 4.3 seconds
Fuel economyEPA estimate2 14 mpg
Highway estimate3 20 mpg
Emission certification TBA

Exterior Features
AMG-designed front apron with mesh intake, side sills and rear apron.
AMG rear spoiler lip to reduce vehicle lift forces.
New "6.3 AMG" badging on front fenders.
AMG dual sport exhaust system with four polished chrome tips.
Silver Grill with tree chrome ribs.
Power tilt/sliding tinted-glass sunroof with one-touch express-open/close and memory.
Dual power mirrors, linked to driver's seat memory and automatically heated. Auto-dimming left-side mirror. Parking-assist
right-side mirror.
Blue-tinted glass. Electrically heated rear window with auto-shutoff based on time and outside temperature.
19" five Spoke sterling silver light alloy wheels.

Interior Features
High grade AMG nappa leather upholstery. AMG sports seats with cross piping design and special perforation pattern with
alcantara inserts in upper shoulder areas and silver AMG badges on frontseat backrests. New AMG ergonomic sport steering
wheel with more aggressive contouring, perforated leather and large aluminum shift paddles. New AMG instrument cluster with
AMG main menu and RACETIMER function. Chrome door sill plates with AMG lettering. AMG leather-trimmed shift knob and
stainless-steel pedals with rubber studs. 4-zone CFC-free automatic climate control. Rear-cabin operating panel with dual
temperature controls. Rear-cabin air vents in console. Electrostatic dust and pollen filter. Sun sensor. Humidity/dewpoint
sensor helps reduce window fogging during humid weather, and helps prevent overdrying of cooled air. Tunnel mode offers
one-touch closing of all windows, the sunroof and cabin air intake via the air-recirculation button. Pressing and holding
button again restores previous window and sunroof positions. Multifunction steering wheel provides convenient, additional
controls for basic functions of audio system and phone,1 plus operation of multifunction display and fingertip manual shift
controls. Power windows, all with one-touch express-up/down. 4-way (tilt/telescoping) power steering column, position linked
to driver's seat memory. Driver-programmable easy-exit feature can move driver's seat rearward and/or raise steering column
when SmartKey is removed from ignition, and restore positions when key is reinserted. Electronic cruise control. Automatic
ambient lighting provides gentle illumination while driving in darkness to the console, door handles, all four footwells and
the front and rear seating areas. Four reading lamps. Courtesy lamps with programmable fade-out time. Entrance lamps in all
four doors. Dual sun visors with illuminated vanity mirrors. Auto-dimming rearview mirror. Full-length center console with
front and rear storage compartments. Wood-trimmed rolltop covers on rear compartments. Four cup holders. Illuminated
glovebox. Storage behind motorized wood-trimmed door in dash. 12-volt power outlet in rear storage compartment. Folding rear
center armrest with enclosed storage. Magazine pockets on front seatbacks. Pockets in all doors. Parcel net in right front
footwell. Illuminated, carpeted cargo area with 12-volt power outlet in side panel.

Instrumentation

AMG-design black gauges with soft white backlighting. Electronic analog speedometer, tachometer and quartz clock, all with
deep chrome rings. Electronic bar-graph fuel and coolant temperature gauges. Digital display for odometer and Touch Shift
gear/mode selection. Multifunction display in speedometer face can be scrolled via steering-wheel controls to operate and
display various menus and vehicle features: resettable trip meter and outside temperature indicator, digital speedometer,
Maintenance System, low-tire-pressure warning system and engine oil-level check, radio station, CD player/CD changer,
navigation system route guidance,1 Distronic adaptive cruise control settings,1 vehicle reminder and malfunction messages.
Driver-programmable settings for instrument cluster, clock, lighting, vehicle and convenience features, trip computer
(elapsed time, fuel consumption, distance to empty) and mobile phone book.1 Mercedes-Benz Maintenance System Plus displays
distance remaining to next basic maintenance service, indicates type of service due, and provides automatic reminder feature
when service interval draws near. The system also monitors brake-pad wear.

Last edited by Peanuthead; 07-01-2006 at 06:00 PM.
Old 07-01-2006, 06:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS 55 AMG
can't wait
Old 07-01-2006, 08:45 PM
Almost a Member!

Hey Peanuthead.....

Are you getting this info from Parkplace Mercedes?...I am dealing with the one in Fort Worth..I have had a deposit down for over a year on the cLS 63......Today they told me that they had no information on allocation etc....the car is not launched yet.....

Do you have more info????
Old 07-01-2006, 09:42 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by AMG-1
Hey Peanuthead.....

Are you getting this info from Parkplace Mercedes?...I am dealing with the one in Fort Worth..I have had a deposit down for over a year on the cLS 63......Today they told me that they had no information on allocation etc....the car is not launched yet.....

Do you have more info????
Hey AMG-1, I bought my 2003 C32 from ParkPlace Mercedes Midcities, in Bedford, but this information is not from them.
I have a meeting with my sales rep. on Monday to discuss a new car,
so I should be able to get more specifics at that time, if they have any.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:43 AM

Received 113 Likes on 80 Posts
2020 S63 Coupe, 2006 Hummer H1 Alpha, 2018 McLaren 720S, 2022 Porsche 911 TurboS, 2022 Tesla Model X
Any pricing on the new models yet ?
Old 07-03-2006, 01:27 PM
Almost a Member!

OK PeanutHead,

I am waiting for a phone call by Marc Krauss or Joseph Tuner, sales Manager in Fort worth, used to be the sales manager in Midcities...that's where I had bought my e55 2004. I will let you know....
Old 07-04-2006, 07:49 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Well, no such luck. The MB reps. did not have any additional information.
Just have to wait a bit more.
Old 07-04-2006, 10:16 PM

2005 E55 AMG
HELLO AMG1. I currently have a cls63 on order right now and I am first on the list and have made my selection on options and color. The car is to arrive at the dealer next month. (august) They told me I will be able to get a vin shortly.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:15 PM

CLS 63 AMG
Price for CLS63

what is the MSRP for CLS63 AMG? thx
Old 07-05-2006, 12:24 PM

2005 E55 AMG
I was told my cls63 will arrive at the end of this month(july). mspr will be around 95k.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:06 PM
Almost a Member!

Hey guys,
went back to MB...he confirmed I was number #1 CLS63 on the list.....

I must tell you..I also have an M5 ordered ...Still hesitating....Please no bashing....after E55 I went BMW waiting on CLS63.....I must say that my current 550i drives beautifully...and I drove the M5 a few months back and it is just brutal power (do not feel the torque difference at all vs AMG)....

I don't know....

PeanutHead ...let me know if you are interested ...if I end up going M5...I would gladly refer you to the Sales Manager at my dealrship.....I have my order form dated from mid 2004.....and they have a copy of it as well.....
Old 07-08-2006, 06:28 PM

2009 C63 AMG
PeanutHead ...let me know if you are interested ...if I end up going M5...I would gladly refer you to the Sales Manager at my dealrship.....I have my order form dated from mid 2004.....and they have a copy of it as well.....
Thanks AMG-1, I am with you on the BMW issue though.
I drove BMW's for 20+ years before buying my C32.
Just yesterday I placed my order for a 2007 335i twin-turbo (only ~$51K, had been on the waiting list for 3 months) at BMW of Dallas.
This should hold me over until the 2008 M3 V8 arrives.
I have enjoyed my AMG, but there really is something special about
how BMW's handle and drive, an almost mystical quality.
I would love to have an AMG and an ///M, but all things considered,
I am going back to BMW, for now at least.
Old 07-08-2006, 09:30 PM

2012 Cayenne Turbo
Hey guys,
went back to MB...he confirmed I was number #1 CLS63 on the list.....

I must tell you..I also have an M5 ordered ...Still hesitating....Please no bashing....after E55 I went BMW waiting on CLS63.....I must say that my current 550i drives beautifully...and I drove the M5 a few months back and it is just brutal power (do not feel the torque difference at all vs AMG)....

I don't know....

Have you read the new Autombile article comparing an M5 to an S6 and the new E63?
The E63 took first, the Audi was second a,d the Bimmer was last.

http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews...7_supersedans/

Also, the CLS63 is up on the US Mercedes website.

http://www.mbusa.com/models/main.do?modelCode=CLS63

I also have one on order (all options ,including the 030,less Distronic)
Old 07-09-2006, 08:52 PM
Almost a Member!

Articles are one thing…driving another…..A journalist in one day cannot make a real assessment of the SMG transmission…every owner will tell you that you have to learn it and when you do…you love it ! Same with idrive…I use to be the most negative person about it until I owned one….

Drive the cars and pay less attention to 4.5 sec vs. 4.3 seconds 0-60mph….
The BMW will always feel more connected to you and the road……Mercedes is luxury first with an outstanding engine from AMG…but you have less of a sport car feel….I think……I think I prefer the rougher driving experience of the M , seems more visceral….especially with the fast climbing RPMs…..a bit like the 911 turbo brutality..

I will drive 63 AMG and decide…but if I don’t …I may go BMW perhaps also based on image…..Just turned 39 and somehow feel more comfortable with the M5 image.....the CLS does not look like me….(trust me I have been the biggest supporter of the CLS AMG….) until I drove the M5…)

This forum and the M5 board forum truly help REAL owners to LEARN a great deal about the cars and make up their decision….I really enjoy it

Both great cars…..
Old 07-09-2006, 08:55 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by Peanuthead
Thanks AMG-1, I am with you on the BMW issue though.
I drove BMW's for 20+ years before buying my C32.
Just yesterday I placed my order for a 2007 335i twin-turbo (only ~$51K, had been on the waiting list for 3 months) at BMW of Dallas.
This should hold me over until the 2008 M3 V8 arrives.
I have enjoyed my AMG, but there really is something special about
how BMW's handle and drive, an almost mystical quality.
I would love to have an AMG and an ///M, but all things considered,
I am going back to BMW, for now at least.
Great strategy...I have convinced a guy that works with me to buy the 335i based on the same assessment...

The M3 will be incredible...too long to wait for me right now....
Old 07-10-2006, 01:44 AM

2012 Cayenne Turbo
Articles are one thing…driving another…..A journalist in one day cannot make a real assessment of the SMG transmission…every owner will tell you that you have to learn it and when you do…you love it ! Same with idrive…I use to be the most negative person about it until I owned one….

Drive the cars and pay less attention to 4.5 sec vs. 4.3 seconds 0-60mph….
The BMW will always feel more connected to you and the road……Mercedes is luxury first with an outstanding engine from AMG…but you have less of a sport car feel….I think……I think I prefer the rougher driving experience of the M , seems more visceral….especially with the fast climbing RPMs…..a bit like the 911 turbo brutality..

I will drive 63 AMG and decide…but if I don’t …I may go BMW perhaps also based on image…..Just turned 39 and somehow feel more comfortable with the M5 image.....the CLS does not look like me….(trust me I have been the biggest supporter of the CLS AMG….) until I drove the M5…)

This forum and the M5 board forum truly help REAL owners to LEARN a great deal about the cars and make up their decision….I really enjoy it

Both great cars…..

The only thing the M5 has going for it over the CLS55 is the transmission.
Hopefully the paddle shifting 7 speed on the CLS63 will eliminate that.
Mind you, I own a CLS55 and prior to that a 2004 M3 w/SMG.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sls, e63
i recently sold my m5 and will be replacing my cls55 with a 63. the m5 is a nice car with some very annoying traits, primarily the smg and i-drive. the transmission is not nearly of the quality of mb's automatic, in auto mode is very slushy, and in 5 or 6 mode brutally rough- can't help but wonder how it will hold up over time with heavy use. m5 is certainly not faster than a chipped 55, and with bmw's absurdly over-optimistc speedometer, probably doesn't handle any better than an amg; certainly one would never notice a difference in real world driving. as for track use, neither of these cars are meant for that. i-drive not hard to master, just not especially user friendly. overall, i found my cls more enjoyable and can't help but think the 63 will be better yet. incidentally, if karcher did the article in automobile, he's a VERY qualified driver/reviewer.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:29 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by chiphomme
The only thing the M5 has going for it over the CLS55 is the transmission.
Hopefully the paddle shifting 7 speed on the CLS63 will eliminate that.
Mind you, I own a CLS55 and prior to that a 2004 M3 w/SMG.
You are right about the 7 speed transmission...sounds interesting...The dealer told me that probably his first 63 in will be an ML! and he would call me to try it....Oh well...better than nothing....may give a bit of a sense for the 7 speed....I will let you know ...should be August......