C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Come on...someone race a CLS63 vs CLS55!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 12:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'10 Panamera S, '06 AMG CLS55, '07 Miata MX5, '02 MB SPRINTER, '99 Spec Miata Race Car (2X)
Originally Posted by MHK
That could be an idea, PM me with details, I have never been up there. My office is in Boca, so I could head up afterwords. (I also have PMs out to others in SoFla on the board). I do not have the 030 package, does that make a difference? Michael
Hi MHK

you should definitely make the run on Friday - it won't be the best conditions for getting your best ET or traps - will be a little warm - 80 degrees and humidity in the 60-70's. But it will be the same for all of us

Track opens 6pm (try and get there a little earlier so you get through tech inspection quickly) and you get to make as many runs as possible till they clost at 11pm - most I have ever got was 7 runs least I ever got was 4 runs - Friday test and tune sessions are better than Saturday Midnight madness events - fewer cars means more runs less waiting (short turnaround time can be hard on the 55K motors due to heat sink - wont affect the 63 motor near as badly)

Regarding the LSD - there are many who say its a total waste of time - I dont have enough history with the CLS to venture an opnion yet - my best was a 12.509 at 111.90 with a really crappy 60ft of 1.912.

That time is way slower than the launches with my E55 where I regularily got 60ft times in the 1.78 range, and ended up with an ET of 12.169 at a trap of only 114 - so you can see how a really great lanuch can make all the difference. Note that the E55 has 18" tires and the CLS55 has 19" tires (too low a profile for launching- not enough sidewall to flex).

I run my rear tires around 25lbs with the fronts at normal pressure - 40psi

If you are commiting to go, let me know I would love to meet you, check out your car and have some friendly drags - whether you run 11 seconds or 17 seconds is really immaterial - you will have a blast - learn a lot about getting a good launch and you wont be able to get the grin off your face for at least a week - its a total high

and maybe we will have some more info to post to the forum regarding the ongoign 55K vs 63NA debate...... I am actually personally hoping that you will kick *** and help stop some of the very negative speculation on this forum. - most of it unsubstantiated.

look forward to meeting you

And Schiz - sorry I cant make it - I know Chappy will be putting on an amazing show - have fun guys!!!
Old 09-28-2006, 12:54 PM
MHK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB S63 AMG Coupe
I spoke with the track, renting in the short term does not sound promising. I plan to go tommorrow night to the extent I get my car back from MB either today or tommorrow. I should know this afternoon and post once I hear back from them.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'10 Panamera S, '06 AMG CLS55, '07 Miata MX5, '02 MB SPRINTER, '99 Spec Miata Race Car (2X)
Originally Posted by MHK
I spoke with the track, renting in the short term does not sound promising. I plan to go tommorrow night to the extent I get my car back from MB either today or tommorrow. I should know this afternoon and post once I hear back from them.

MHK
thanks buddy - its on for tomorrow night - guys, here's the new thread

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...00#post1773900
Old 09-29-2006, 06:17 AM

CL65 AMG 2008 / G63 AMG 2013
the two cars needs to be the totally stock, same wheels, and tires and about the same mileage. I think those two points can make the difference with such close cars.
Old 09-29-2006, 07:51 AM
MHK

MB S63 AMG Coupe
Cars sound about the same, except mine does not have the 030 performance package.