My 500 mile review CLS 63 030

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 01:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
My 500 mile review CLS 63 030

This car is easy on the eyes. After rolling up to the job the president of the company just had to go buy one. Everyone wants a ride. The car is so smooth and settled you would not know it had 500 plus horsepower. When you mash this car is every bit as powerful as the 55k engine. I know the numbers for torque are outstanding on the 55 and you definately notice this all day long. For me the smooth feel is a welcome change. This car feels ironically still at 90mph, the rpm @ 2100 with 6000 to go, incredible. The 63 slams you back in the seat when you want it. This car handles much better than my 03 E55. Power delivery is unique and the sound of the 63, oh it soothes and strikes fear at the same time . The CLS looks amazing and seems to get more comments than my E. There were options on my 55 that were better. Dynamic seats , I loved them, the solar panals, the panorama roof. The CLS 63 would look so amazing with the all glass top. The dynamic seats were great but I suppose they must of had problems to take em out? In summary, The 55 and 63 are vastly different platforms and prior to making this choice they both need to be drivin. The reviews of the two cars here on this forum seem mostly accurate. The 55 feels faster from the get go but from a roll the 63 is a clear winner (stock). It is amazing the cars look identical in every way and could'nt be more different in feel. I loved my E55, but so far the CLS 63 seems an improvement on many fronts for nearly the same price. I cannot wait to get her on the track, I really wanna go 198mph... Oh yeah the blind spot issue is also very real in the CLS, so drivers adjust accordingly please. Car has not had any issues during this first month. Have a great weekend , bye Im going to sit in traffic.
Old 12-02-2006, 05:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 CLS55 AMG & 08 CL65 Mystic White
Talking

Nice post, glad you are loving the CLS. Nothing else like it on the road.
Old 12-02-2006, 06:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AlabasterWhiteSL ObsidianBlackML
great write up...enjoy
Old 12-03-2006, 10:23 PM

CLS63 AMG
Thanks for your post. My 04 E55K lease is up next month and I haven't decided to extend the E55 Lease, get a GL450, or get a CLS63.
The CLS63 would be the most expensive option and haven't total decided if it would be a step up or not. I have drove the CLS63 once, and I did like it. I would welcome a smoother ride, but I didn't want to give up a lot of speed. A little bit of speed, I can live without because the ESP flashes most of the time with so much torque anyways.
It sounds like for you, it was a step up and from what you wrote, I think I would also like the things you mentioned.
Thank you very much for your thoughts.
Would you get the 030 optioin if you had to do it again? I would like a smooth ride, but I just love love love the 030 wheels!

amgBG

Originally Posted by juicee55
This car is easy on the eyes. After rolling up to the job the president of the company just had to go buy one. Everyone wants a ride. The car is so smooth and settled you would not know it had 500 plus horsepower. When you mash this car is every bit as powerful as the 55k engine. I know the numbers for torque are outstanding on the 55 and you definately notice this all day long. For me the smooth feel is a welcome change. This car feels ironically still at 90mph, the rpm @ 2100 with 6000 to go, incredible. The 63 slams you back in the seat when you want it. This car handles much better than my 03 E55. Power delivery is unique and the sound of the 63, oh it soothes and strikes fear at the same time . The CLS looks amazing and seems to get more comments than my E. There were options on my 55 that were better. Dynamic seats , I loved them, the solar panals, the panorama roof. The CLS 63 would look so amazing with the all glass top. The dynamic seats were great but I suppose they must of had problems to take em out? In summary, The 55 and 63 are vastly different platforms and prior to making this choice they both need to be drivin. The reviews of the two cars here on this forum seem mostly accurate. The 55 feels faster from the get go but from a roll the 63 is a clear winner (stock). It is amazing the cars look identical in every way and could'nt be more different in feel. I loved my E55, but so far the CLS 63 seems an improvement on many fronts for nearly the same price. I cannot wait to get her on the track, I really wanna go 198mph... Oh yeah the blind spot issue is also very real in the CLS, so drivers adjust accordingly please. Car has not had any issues during this first month. Have a great weekend , bye Im going to sit in traffic.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:00 PM
Banned

AMGs
Post some pictures...
Old 12-04-2006, 09:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by amgbg
Thanks for your post. My 04 E55K lease is up next month and I haven't decided to extend the E55 Lease, get a GL450, or get a CLS63.
The CLS63 would be the most expensive option and haven't total decided if it would be a step up or not. I have drove the CLS63 once, and I did like it. I would welcome a smoother ride, but I didn't want to give up a lot of speed. A little bit of speed, I can live without because the ESP flashes most of the time with so much torque anyways.
It sounds like for you, it was a step up and from what you wrote, I think I would also like the things you mentioned.
Thank you very much for your thoughts.
Would you get the 030 optioin if you had to do it again? I would like a smooth ride, but I just love love love the 030 wheels!

amgBG
I did not drive a CLS w/o the 030. I know this makes the car move down the road with ease, better brakes, LSD and the upgraded rims. For 9k I do not think you could duplicate what you get from AMG with the 030. Car looks mean, but on the otherhand you will get a better deal on non 030 cars. With the savings you could likely buy some great rims. Oh yeah with 030 there is no limiter on the speeeeeed, so you can get to 198mph if necessary
Old 12-04-2006, 02:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
I did not drive a CLS w/o the 030. I know this makes the car move down the road with ease, better brakes, LSD and the upgraded rims. For 9k I do not think you could duplicate what you get from AMG with the 030. Car looks mean, but on the otherhand you will get a better deal on non 030 cars. With the savings you could likely buy some great rims. Oh yeah with 030 there is no limiter on the speeeeeed, so you can get to 198mph if necessary
Actually the limiter is just moved up from 155 to 186mph. I wish it was delimited.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:03 PM

CLS63 AMG
Juice,

I might have asked this already, but do you think your passengers find the CLS63 030 smoother riding than your E55? I noticed that you are in Hollywood. I actually live in North Orange County. How funny.
I was actually thinking the same thing about 9K. I an NOT a rims guy. I normally just take what is given to me. But the CLS63 rims are so so so boring. My Lexus GS400 had nicer rims. I did see a lorsen LM5 or LM3 rims on a white CLS that just brought my jaw down. It is the same picture that was shared here many months ago next to a hot red F430.
Thanks for your feedback.

amgBG

Old 12-04-2006, 09:15 PM

Unfortunatly Not A Silver Star
Sounds Good

Sounds like u are really pleased with the CLS, thats good to hear, after all the 6.3 is a poweful engine and the CLS is a beautiful car !
Old 12-04-2006, 09:25 PM

1985 380 SL 2001 SL 500 2007 E350 Sport 2008 T & C Ltd.
Originally Posted by MrBenz55
Sounds like u are really pleased with the CLS, thats good to hear, after all the 6.3 is a poweful engine and the CLS is a beautiful car !
Agreed. What's not to like? Enjoy your very special ride.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:44 AM

Juice,

I might have asked this already, but do you think your passengers find the CLS63 030 smoother riding than your E55? I noticed that you are in Hollywood. I actually live in North Orange County. How funny.
I was actually thinking the same thing about 9K. I an NOT a rims guy. I normally just take what is given to me. But the CLS63 rims are so so so boring. My Lexus GS400 had nicer rims. I did see a lorsen LM5 or LM3 rims on a white CLS that just brought my jaw down. It is the same picture that was shared here many months ago next to a hot red F430.

amgBG

the cls63 w/o 030 option yes the wheels are boring..the twin spoke that come on the 030 cars are quite nice.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Juice,

amgBG

I rode in the back for several hours while the wife drove around her sister. It was not as comfy as my E, but a bit more refined. You get the feeling you are in a sports car, a jet fighter cockpit type feel. You have the center console to lean on and the headrest is cool. It is fine for people under 6ft 250 ish. The difference between the E and the CLS is the cls offers a smoother ride while the E is more comfortable for 4. The CLS is really a 4 door coupe, so it has a sportier feel although it may not be as spry as the E63 but I have not raced one yet :-). Likely won't challenge my AMG brothers unless it is pre arranged on a track. The top reason to buy this car is the looks. To me it is a jaw dropper with or w/o super rims. They will enhance but the lines of this car are amazing. Get 030 you will truly love it.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:33 PM

CLS63 AMG
Thanks Juice for all your comments. It has been helpful. Like I said before, when I drove the CLS63 I was so surprised at how much nicer the ride was compared to my E55. So hopefully, when I get a chance, a dealer around here will have one with the 030 option for me to compare. I would hate to get the car without the jaw dropping wheels of the 030.

Thanks again.

amgbg

I rode in the back for several hours while the wife drove around her sister. It was not as comfy as my E, but a bit more refined. You get the feeling you are in a sports car, a jet fighter cockpit type feel. You have the center console to lean on and the headrest is cool. It is fine for people under 6ft 250 ish. The difference between the E and the CLS is the cls offers a smoother ride while the E is more comfortable for 4. The CLS is really a 4 door coupe, so it has a sportier feel although it may not be as spry as the E63 but I have not raced one yet :-). Likely won't challenge my AMG brothers unless it is pre arranged on a track. The top reason to buy this car is the looks. To me it is a jaw dropper with or w/o super rims. They will enhance but the lines of this car are amazing. Get 030 you will truly love it.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
One more discovery

This car will perform better seemingly if you push it hard. On susequent runs after slamming the pedal she was really strong. If you drive moderate the car feels moderate. To match the 55 feel you must drive this car harder than you would the 55 to get a similiar feel. After a few races with a Cobra 520 hp I realized how gentle I was pressing the accelerator during everyday driving. So if you want performance drive more aggresively and the car seems to copy yopur driving behavior, weird. I ran up the Cobra's Arsh prior to getting off the pedal. Guy works for me so likely was not giving it his all. When the car breaks 1200 mi I will head out to the tarck and post some "real" numbers.