CLS63Vs996TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 04:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
Originally Posted by juicee63
Just as you assertained. He reeled me in but not fast enough. On the slip I lost because I had a red light by .008. His reaction time was .656 so that is why he failed to catch me
OK now i know where i am getting confused. I am not familiar with this type of "racing" we dont use MOV or anything like that, usually bracket racing or we just run to see what we run rarely some type of heads up racing like this. Now if you ask me, and i know you didnt, but i do give you alot of unsolicited advice anyways ...but if you ask me this car is every bit faster and quicker then you. I guess I focus as much on ET as I do on trap speed as trap speed represents you HP, i like to see how my cars would fare against other cars in the real world, not on the track. I could race a ZO6 on the track and I may beat him, but in the real world he has a few more mph on me and would walk me up top. In the real world 8 mph is pure rape, he would be going by you so fast its ridiculous. I look at ET as the clear winner of the race ans you clearly lost to this guy, he was quicker and MUCH faster then u through the 1/4 mile. I hope this doesnt sound as if im trying to take anything away from you or the fun youre having, and your data per your track says you have a win, but it feels as if youre basking in the glory of beating a car that clearly "beat" you if that makes sense
Old 05-15-2007, 09:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by E55JAY
OK now i know where i am getting confused. I am not familiar with this type of "racing" we dont use MOV or anything like that, usually bracket racing or we just run to see what we run rarely some type of heads up racing like this. Now if you ask me, and i know you didnt, but i do give you alot of unsolicited advice anyways ...but if you ask me this car is every bit faster and quicker then you. I guess I focus as much on ET as I do on trap speed as trap speed represents you HP, i like to see how my cars would fare against other cars in the real world, not on the track. I could race a ZO6 on the track and I may beat him, but in the real world he has a few more mph on me and would walk me up top. In the real world 8 mph is pure rape, he would be going by you so fast its ridiculous. I look at ET as the clear winner of the race ans you clearly lost to this guy, he was quicker and MUCH faster then u through the 1/4 mile. I hope this doesnt sound as if im trying to take anything away from you or the fun youre having, and your data per your track says you have a win, but it feels as if youre basking in the glory of beating a car that clearly "beat" you if that makes sense

Yes in a properly drivin race he would RAPE ME, yes the AUDI would KILL ME..

I would normally not have a chance to run these cars.

I could post the other Vids of me raping slower cars but to me thats not at all impressive. My run against the Turbo, the vette, were much more fulfilling because I fully expected to get murdered and I drove better. The winner here is the first car to cross the line. They calculate margin of victory by adding in the reaction times. If you have lower ET and higher Traps and you lose means you had a BAD run.

Last edited by juicee63; 05-16-2007 at 01:03 AM.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 CLS550 & 05 E55
I don't know much about racing but I have to say I like the two diffrent sets of wheels on the CLS thats racing in style.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
LOL, good EYE allied!!!

cls stock 18" silver finish, so much lighter than my 2 piece amg 65 rims. You are the only one thats commented. I still got em on , car drives better with the superior traction of the r compound tire.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:04 AM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by juicee63
YES!!!!

The 996TT chipped is faster than my 63..I saw your old car again in Sherman Oaks at the car wash..
How did it look? Speed Gallery turns out fast cars and it looks like from the video you got the launch on him and then his turbos spooled and he made up some ground. Nice race and congrats.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 CLS550 & 05 E55
Yea like I said I don't know squat about racing but I can understand lighter wheels are better and tire compound making a diffrence. Atleast your racing in the right enviroment.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by Vic55
How did it look? Speed Gallery turns out fast cars and it looks like from the video you got the launch on him and then his turbos spooled and he made up some ground. Nice race and congrats.
Yeah you can feel that car gaining , definately need to know when to shift! Your old car looks GREAT, and I already know how fazt it is. Thanks for the comments Vic.