C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

CLS63 vs Ford GT...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 05:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very Slow Mercedes
Oh, and by the way, I'm on my factory wheels right now, and have been for over a month. Some of you are complete haters, stop reading technical specs and base your opinions on real world experiences like this one.
HE was suprised and probably assumed wrongly that he could take this car with little more than part throttle......I believe it is possible...I know an F50 owner that was suprised when i showed him what his car could do...he was suprised and pissed because he was sure i had damaged something "driving the car like that"....
Old 08-06-2007, 08:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by CoastLine
Oh, and by the way, I'm on my factory wheels right now, and have been for over a month. Some of you are complete haters, stop reading technical specs and base your opinions on real world experiences like this one.
I prefer both. Mag tests are every bit as "real world" as an encounter like this one, in fact more so, because the test is done with the intent of wringing out the maximum acceleration from the vehicle.

In an account such as this, for all we know the guy in the GT simply accelerated briskly away from the light but didn't give it his all at first, and only nailed it after he realized he was getting smoked. In such a case, due to the time lag between the CLS going to full throttle and his going to full throttle, it would take him some time to catch up. But he certainly wasn't driving it to its full potential, with great skill. That's the thrill of it....it's a blast to nail a faster car!!
Old 08-14-2007, 02:46 PM
Banned

Cobra/E55
Originally Posted by TREZ63
Every American Fast car (Vette, Ford GT, Viper ..) Requires some great timing and skill to launch right and come out of frist -> 2nd. So you're not gonna win everyone. But I know for a fact that the ford GT is faster and I am seriously considering it as my next car in two years or so.
I agree 100%. The GT is one mean car, especially with some minor bolt-on mods. I myself am considering one as well.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:51 PM

This guys a clown

I have both a 55 CLS and a 2006 Ford GT. My GT's runs a Whipple with 800 + hp. Don't get me wrong, I love my CLS. But if this clown needs to know the guy in the GT was toying with his sport coupe. The GT is conservitively rated at 550 hp but pulls well over 600 without mods. Take a look at Dragtimes and compare the GT to the CLS 63, it's not even close. Stop with the fairytales.....
Old 08-15-2007, 12:09 AM

I own both a 2006 GT and a CLS 55. I believe in looking at real numbers as opposed to reading fairy tales and supposed "real life experiences." Dragtimes shows the fastest CLS 63 ran a 12.616 at 113.5 (Juicee 63) The slowest GT ran a 11.92 at 122.9, the fastest a 10.92 at 128. Stop hittin the pipe and writing your dumb fairy tales.....
Old 08-15-2007, 12:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
some
people are very impressed with the Ford GT 0-60 because its in the 3's.............look at the gearing, first gear goes almost to 65MPH!!. so u really dont need to shift in a real world stop light race. they are great cars, great bang for the buck.
but when ever u have a manuell car, it comes down to your ability to shift fast!!

Mark
Old 08-15-2007, 12:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 378 Likes on 244 Posts
'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
Some cars are faster by a huge margin then the others but still could lose in some street race against them,especially if their drivers are not really aware of "being raced".
I will never forgot the time when I lost in my then brand new '03 E55,against M3 Cab.
To be honest, I found out that we were racing when the guy told me at the next light :"so what's all the hype about that AMG?Not so fast now ,are we?"
I usually drive very briskly so I assumed he thought we were "racing".
Old 08-15-2007, 03:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by absent
Some cars are faster by a huge margin then the others but still could lose in some street race against them,especially if their drivers are not really aware of "being raced".
I will never forgot the time when I lost in my then brand new '03 E55,against M3 Cab.
To be honest, I found out that we were racing when the guy told me at the next light :"so what's all the hype about that AMG?Not so fast now ,are we?"
I usually drive very briskly so I assumed he thought we were "racing".
Ford GT , and anyother SUPERCAR (street legal) is not faster by a wide enough margin to make a 63 look bad IMO. A wide margin to me is a few seconds at least 2 in the 1/4 mile. The 63 is a better 60 ft car than the GT and it could beat a GT off the line and through perhaps 330 ft. After this it may be silly to compare but on the street could a Ford GT go WOT and feel safe? The OP certainly does not deserve to be called a "clown" . I have beaten many more capable cars on the track and the street in the CLS, it is always fun. Eventually the CLS owner will be humbled but whats the harm in a street race story? Why on Earth does it have to be fantasy? We have measured 0-60 as fast as 3.9 and I have attained a 1.69 60 ft. It is only a matter of getting some good air before a 63 goes sub 12. IMHO
Old 08-15-2007, 08:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by juicee63
It is only a matter of getting some good air before a 63 goes sub 12. IMHO
I don't mean to offend you in any way...but thats just impossible. Good luck trying though
Old 08-15-2007, 09:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 378 Likes on 244 Posts
'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
Ford GT , and anyother SUPERCAR (street legal) is not faster by a wide enough margin to make a 63 look bad IMO. A wide margin to me is a few seconds at least 2 in the 1/4 mile. The 63 is a better 60 ft car than the GT and it could beat a GT off the line and through perhaps 330 ft. After this it may be silly to compare but on the street could a Ford GT go WOT and feel safe? The OP certainly does not deserve to be called a "clown" . I have beaten many more capable cars on the track and the street in the CLS, it is always fun. Eventually the CLS owner will be humbled but whats the harm in a street race story? Why on Earth does it have to be fantasy? We have measured 0-60 as fast as 3.9 and I have attained a 1.69 60 ft. It is only a matter of getting some good air before a 63 goes sub 12. IMHO
Sorry but 2s difference in 1/4 mile is not a wide margin,it's the difference between a supercar and econobox.
In high performance cars ,0.5 s would be considered as a not even comparable level of acceleration.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E 55
Ford GT , and anyother SUPERCAR (street legal) is not faster by a wide enough margin to make a 63 look bad IMO. A wide margin to me is a few seconds at least 2 in the 1/4 mile.
So by that rational then the 63 only makes 14 and 15 second 1/4 mile cars look bad.

Juicee you are a cool guy so please don't take this the wrong way but some of the stuff you post is downright .
Old 08-15-2007, 10:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by absent
Sorry but 2s difference in 1/4 mile is not a wide margin,it's the difference between a supercar and econobox.
In high performance cars ,0.5 s would be considered as a not even comparable level of acceleration.
I completely disagree.

I have beaten a Z06 several times with .5 lower ET. My car was out accelerated by a "WIDE MARGIN". funny how everyone here looks at raw numbers and produces outcomes in thy head vs. actually racing.

When a GT car destroys me, and I have raced a few on the road courses at Willow and Spring Mountain, I will admit it freely here. Only car that has made the CLS 63 "look bad " was a 1972 VW bug and a 1989 325I. Guy spent 17k on his BMW and waxed , by a "wide margin" everything on the track including the Ford GT and the GT3(modded).

Back to the point.

It is possible to have a lower ET in the 1/4 mile and be out accelerated by a "wide margin" so using ET is less accurate than use of trap speed.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
I don't mean to offend you in any way...but thats just impossible. Good luck trying though
No worries.

Xabo will run 11.999 at MIR in October

I know it will be difficult.

The new TB on the 63 is going to help times and 1st gear accel
Old 08-15-2007, 10:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by rflow306
So by that rational then the 63 only makes 14 and 15 second 1/4 mile cars look bad.

Juicee you are a cool guy so please don't take this the wrong way but some of the stuff you post is downright .

It was late, LOL..

See ya in Oct
Old 08-15-2007, 10:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E 55
I was simply throwing support for your fellow Floridian that owns his own company producing light rims that was called a clown by members here.

The terms previously used are "user defined" the use of "wide margin" to me was not an accurate depiction especially since the OP tells of quite the opposite result.

Hey man have a great day.

peace out
I have met ClS63 before and I believe his story, on the street anything can happen. He also admitted that the gt would have surely passed him if the distance was greater as it should.

BTW: I too like the wheels he is currently making.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by rflow306
I have met ClS63 before and I believe his story, on the street anything can happen. He also admitted that the gt would have surely passed him if the distance was greater as it should.

BTW: I too like the wheels he is currently making.
Yeah they are SIK!!

Sorry I tried to erase that as I thought I may offend..

Anyway , I know as well my car is no where close to the performance level of the GT 40 or Z06 or your E55 but as I think we all can agree, a street race can have some wild results.

Have a great day,
Old 08-15-2007, 12:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by IngenereAMG
Sounds like fun, but he might have had the same option activated that I have in my cars from time to time.........CBBSCD....Carbon Based Biological Speed Control Device (Otherwise known as wife/girlfriend)

Ain't that the truth.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:21 PM

OO7 CLS63///G55TANK ///S80-T6///R1///R6
Originally Posted by cls63
So a red Ford GT pulls up next to me at the light on Kendall drive...I'm with the wife in the car, and he's got some hot *** chick in his car. I wasn't sure if he wanted to race, but when the light turned green I stepped on it and he did also at the same time. He got a pretty decent launch and pulled about a half car on me, but once he shifted into second I pulled about a car length on him. My wife was like "how can your car be faster than that thing??!!!" It was awesome!

We got up to about 70, and he was starting to catch up to me pretty quick, but by that time there was another red light so we had to slam on the brakes. He opened the window and was in shock, he couldn't believe what just happened! His remark was "What the hell is that!!!???" He said he was on it as hard as he could be. I told him, I have the AC on full blast too...hah!

I know those cars are fast, but my brother in law had one and it didn't seem all that to me, what's the big hype...Anyways, thought I'd share.
Good run. Its amazing what our cars are capable of even when the A/C is blowing. Thats why I Love my car cause its beutiful all around. Power, perf. , luxury, etc. Dont pay attention to most of the a$$ holes on this board. They dont realize that if a faster car pulls up to us and they make a slight mistake then the AMG will surely obey its master and kill its prey. With A/C and a babyseat in the back