C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Cls 63 Vs Gallardo Se

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 10:24 PM
ON PROBATION

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by absent
To be honest,I am shocked by the performance of that SE vs CLS.
I would never expect that much improvement over early Gallardo,I was so disappointed with the performance of my '04 E-Gear next to my daily driver at the time ('03 E55) that I got rid off it after just 3 months.
Based on these vids we are talking different level of performance altogether...
I had an '05 E55 and a '04 E-gear G as well. The performance of the G was bad due to the E-gear, the car still had 500 HP and would out run an E55 anyday on the track. I ran my E55 against my '04 G and the G still won. I was not happy with the E55 due to too many electrical issues and got rid of it after 14 months. The new '06/07 and up G's are a great improvements over the '04/05 but I got this one in a 6-speed and I am much happier. The CLS is lacking the torque. I still don't know why they got rid of the 55 motor, it was much better IMO.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:28 PM

You name it i've had it or got it...
the gallardo would not smoke a cls55 that bad....well at least mine. i have renntech stuff and i have a gallardo....and i know that the gallardo is not that much faster if at all. my 997 turbo pulls on both cars...and still not as bad as that g pulled on that cls63..weird.

Last edited by rbtronnie5; 08-16-2007 at 10:35 PM.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:32 PM
ON PROBATION

Originally Posted by juicee63
LOL, its easy when one driver has on the cruise control.

That race is so bad it makes it seem staged. I know the SE is faster but leaving the car as if it is stopped? nope
Your specs in your signature is enough evidence outside of any video you would need to look at. You weighed in at 4,625 #'s !!!!!!!!!!!!!

A G coupe without a driver with all fluids weighs in at 3,500 #'s with about 10 more HP at the crank. What would make any of you think this would be a close a race ?????? Your talking 1000#'s difference.

I also own a C6 Z06. I'd let allan tell you what happen when I raced his SE in that car but I guess he's banned. Yes...he lost by 1 to 1 1/2 car lengths.

C6 Z06 weight 3,100 #'s with 505 at the crank.........G SE 3500#'s with 520 at the crank. Makes sense. I think I have that video somewhere too. I'll see if I can find it.

Last edited by AJGlobal; 08-16-2007 at 10:34 PM.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
vw
Originally Posted by AJGlobal
Your specs in your signature is enough evidence Your talking 1000#'s difference.
Hey, the ashtray has been removed. That is some serious lightening dude.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:36 PM
ON PROBATION

Originally Posted by rbtronnie5
the gallardo would not smoke a cls55 that bad....well at least mine. i have renntech stuff and i have a gallardo....and i know that the gallardo is not that much faster if at all. my 997 turbo pulls on both cars...
Anyone can mod there cars to make them go faster. These cars were raced stock for stock. We have a G owner who just twin turbo'd his G. He'll smoke anything thats out there. He's putting down 750 to the wheels. Not sure if thats all 4 but either way, you get my point.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:48 PM

yeah i hear you...plus my g isn't a se. i have a f430 spider too...and that edges out the g in a race. i have never driven a cls63 either. i just have found from my experience and feel that even stock my 55 was fairly quick. i never really raced anyone when it was stock...i have now after a few mods...including some of my other cars with friends driving...and it is right there with most of them. yes a heffner g is insane...but i think a heffner viper and gt would take that out...lol
Old 08-16-2007, 11:00 PM
ON PROBATION

yeah i hear you...plus my g isn't a se. i have a f430 spider too...and that edges out the g in a race. i have never driven a cls63 either. i just have found from my experience and feel that even stock my 55 was fairly quick. i never really raced anyone when it was stock...i have now after a few mods...including some of my other cars with friends driving...and it is right there with most of them. yes a heffner g is insane...but i think a heffner viper and gt would take that out...lol
Its funny you should mention your 430 spider edging out the G coupe. We have a local club member here in scottsdale that was on a run with us this past weekend and I ran his 430 spider against my G spyder (G spyder weighs 300 lb more than the coupe) and we were dead even and I had two people in the car, he had one. He got the jump on me cause I went to do the 3 honk and go deal and he took off before I could get to the first honk. but once I hit it I stayed with him and we ran clear up to 160 or so.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Anyone can mod there cars to make them go faster. These cars were raced stock for stock. We have a G owner who just twin turbo'd his G. He'll smoke anything thats out there. He's putting down 750 to the wheels. Not sure if thats all 4 but either way, you get my point.
Not my M3, try a W220 S65. 4-door limo that would slaughter a G in a straightline.

As for your buddies car, how can you chuck out the figure 750 "to the wheels" and then say not sure if that's all four. It's an AWD vehicle. Sheesh. Anyway, there are 1000rwhp Vettes and Vipers out there that would crush it so "smoking anything out there" is all talk.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
Dude you have no clue what your talking about.
actually iam one guy that does know what hes talking about as I just went on a run with about 40 lambos and had multiple high speed pulls, iam not sticking up for anyone marque of car, but lets just say they have a newfound respect for the heavy benz
Old 08-16-2007, 11:15 PM

my g is an 05....so maybe that is why it is a little slower.... i didn't realize there was much of a difference compare to the 06 up besides the super leggera or a se and even then i was under the impression they weren't "that much" faster. haven't paid much attention to it...maybe i need to look into it.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:16 PM
ON PROBATION

Originally Posted by transferred
Not my M3, try a W220 S65. 4-door limo that would slaughter a G in a straightline.

As for your buddies car, how can you chuck out the figure 750 "to the wheels" and then say not sure if that's all four. It's an AWD vehicle. Sheesh. Anyway, there are 1000rwhp Vettes and Vipers out there that would crush it so "smoking anything out there" is all talk.
It was done but Jason Heffner and there is a dyno of it somwhere. I can find out for sure from him how it was ran on the dyno. I'm pretty sure it was to 2 wheels as 750 to all 4 wheels would require more than he is putting out at the crank. Not sure though I could be wrong, all I know is I saw videos of it running against a Murcie and the Murcie got KILLED.

As for your S65's I've dirven them and the SL 65 and it would not be a slaughter. Once again you need to look at the weights............this will tell you in itself without needing to look at a video. I don't know what your M3 is ?

Last edited by AJGlobal; 08-16-2007 at 11:18 PM.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:21 PM
ON PROBATION

Originally Posted by E55JAY
actually iam one guy that does know what hes talking about as I just went on a run with about 40 lambos and had multiple high speed pulls, iam not sticking up for anyone marque of car, but lets just say they have a newfound respect for the heavy benz
I understand.............but if it was your car your talking about then it would be a modded car I'm guessing by the looks of you sig. This race we are talking about in this thread is stock vs stock. NO MB car besides the SLR in STOCK form is going to beat out a lambo. The SL 65 vs G coupe race is close, the murcie , not a chance. whats left that is not modded that can touch a F-car or a lambo new lambo ??? Nothing, thats why they are what they are.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
It was done but Jason Heffner and there is a dyno of it somwhere. I can find out for sure from him how it was ran on the dyno. I'm pretty sure it was to 2 wheels as 750 to all 4 wheels would require more than he is putting out at the crank. Not sure though I could be wrong, all I know is I saw videos of it running against a Murcie and the Murcie got KILLED.

As for your S65's I've dirven them and the SL 65 and it would not be a slaughter. Once again you need to look at the weights............this will tell you in itself without needing to look at a video. I don't know what your M3 is ?
No doubt it's a beast.

You're correct it wouldn't be a slaughter if both were stock. On the hwy though the weight becomes less and less important and the AWD and power deficit more so.

Sorry about M3 mix up. I meant to direct that towards "carbon." Lot of newbs to keep up with
Old 08-16-2007, 11:23 PM
ON PROBATION

my g is an 05....so maybe that is why it is a little slower.... i didn't realize there was much of a difference compare to the 06 up besides the super leggera or a se and even then i was under the impression they weren't "that much" faster. haven't paid much attention to it...maybe i need to look into it.
'06 and '07 gave way to more HP and a shorter gear ratio. It made a world of difference. The SE is basically the same as a standard G coupe. Its just a special edition run before they released the '06's. Some say the SE is faster but not according to Lambo.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SE isn't quicker thana regular 06. It just got the extra 20ponies one year earlier. Allan likes think it is though. Now the Superleggera is a real sprinter...
Old 08-16-2007, 11:27 PM
ON PROBATION

No doubt it's a beast.

You're correct it wouldn't be a slaughter if both were stock. On the hwy though the weight becomes less and less important and the AWD and power deficit more so.

Sorry about M3 mix up. I meant to direct that towards "carbon." Lot of newbs to keep up with
Yes I agree but its still a lot of weight to get going faster..........thats a lot of car moving at those speeds. IMO those cars shine in the 120MPH and below catergory.......and the G 100 MPH and up. I've done things in the G at 140 or 150 that You could'nt even try to do in a big body benz. Haveing the CLS 63 I can tell you I would not even want to think what would happen. The g at those speeds is like riding on a sheet of ice. You can drive with 1 finger on the wheel.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:29 PM
ON PROBATION

SE isn't quicker thana regular 06. It just got the extra 20ponies one year earlier. Allan likes think it is though. Now the Superleggera is a real sprinter...
My '07 spyder and his G SE ran and he pulled about a half a car on me due to the extra weight in the spyder. Exact same HP and both 6-speeds.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

new balance
I understand.............but if it was your car your talking about then it would be a modded car I'm guessing by the looks of you sig. This race we are talking about in this thread is stock vs stock. NO MB car besides the SLR in STOCK form is going to beat out a lambo. The SL 65 vs G coupe race is close, the murcie , not a chance. whats left that is not modded that can touch a F-car or a lambo new lambo ??? Nothing, thats why they are what they are.
hmmm a 65 should easily dust a G and pull a murcie, next meet ill get you guys some good videos of me pulling on some of the "big bulls" FYI i was at the exotic rally sponsored by Hovik with alot of your members.
A G superleggera is a sound a sight to behold heres a lil fun we were having http://youtube.com/watch?v=fcdrgWiDvWg
Old 08-16-2007, 11:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Anyone can mod there cars to make them go faster. These cars were raced stock for stock.
allan's car is most certainly not stock, as he himself wrote in these forums:
Originally Posted by allanlardass
B:My time travel Gallardo which I am picking up on Oct 6th, was purchased several months ago and sent directly to SP Engineering. .....

.....Such is the same with the Gallardo. I purchased it, sent it to SP, modified it, and have yet to have sat in it. The dyno confirmed, that brand new, unbroken in, the SE makes approx 50hp at the crank more than an 04/05 Gallardo. We then proceeded to test an intake, and exhausts on my car which were claimed to make power, and with the real word proof we gathered found out that aftermarket exhausts for the 06 LOST power. At that point, we proceeded to design our own one off exhaust system, which on the dyno was proven to gain power. The car was also lowered, wheels, tints, lights tinted, custom mats, calipers painted etc. I dont drive stock.
And that was about a year ago; don't know (or really care) if he's modded it since....but it is definitely not stock.

Last edited by otoupalik; 08-17-2007 at 11:33 AM. Reason: DO NOT USE ABUSIVE LANGAGE TOWARD OTHER MEMEBERS
Old 08-16-2007, 11:56 PM

SL65 AMG
Originally Posted by E55JAY
hmmm a 65 should easily dust a G and pull a murcie, next meet ill get you guys some good videos of me pulling on some of the "big bulls" FYI i was at the exotic rally sponsored by Hovik with alot of your members.
A G superleggera is a sound a sight to behold heres a lil fun we were having http://youtube.com/watch?v=fcdrgWiDvWg
Damn J that G SL sounds great. Did you get a race with that car to see how you did?
Old 08-17-2007, 12:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

new balance
Originally Posted by BiTurboAmg
Damn J that G SL sounds great. Did you get a race with that car to see how you did?
he was racing the m5 in that vid, i pulled him on the outside hard then he let off in the end, but for the record we did not get a true race in...there wasnt a gallardo that could hang with me, i pulled one murci but it didnt last long so I didnt count it, we are setting up more runs soon with better video.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 RRS ; BMW K1200R; 14 E350 ; 14 RRS on order
Ouch. The Gallardo is a quick beast. But that was not a real race regardless. I couldn't hear the 63 at all, which mean the guy didn't even get on it. Either way, I'd bet on the G-car.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by TREZ63
Ouch. The Gallardo is a quick beast. But that was not a real race regardless. I couldn't hear the 63 at all, which mean the guy didn't even get on it. Either way, I'd bet on the G-car.
Dude ...Please that is the fakest race I have EVER SEEN !!!! What a JOKE. You guys taking it serious as if the 63 would get slaughtered like that is ridiculous.

"these guys are drunk, they think this car is faster than the Gall ER do" "did you get it all"

Comon stage stage stage.. You did not even depress the flippin pedal!!!

Trust me when filming a race from within the CLS you can ******* hear the engine.

Here is a stupid race showing a 55 keeping up with a GALL ARE DO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Iw04rK96gs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYWfcBDuaGo

makes more sense.

What a silly thread

Last edited by juicee63; 08-17-2007 at 04:23 AM.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
I am certain Mr. Lambo has some Gallardo owner buddies in So Cal?

I would show up this weekend and respectfully ask the cameraman or babe ride with the Gallardo. If you can recreate this result against me I will sell my car and buy a 599
Old 08-17-2007, 05:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by Improviz
allanlardass's car is most certainly not stock, as he himself wrote in these forums:

And that was about a year ago; don't know (or really care) if he's modded it since....but it is definitely not stock.
So a non stock 1000 lb less Gallardo destroys a 63 driven by the lighter cars owners best buddy. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, where is Gustav?

Today a twin batteried powered Golf Cart blew past me in a similar manner, whatever guys..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cls 63 Vs Gallardo Se