Cls 63 Vs Gallardo Se

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 05:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq

Why only TREZ63 gets all the love?

Ahhh.... it must be because I have '89 tercel listed... LOL.

But I'm sensing something is missing here....

Not sure about TREZ63.... I think all MBWorld-ers (the fantasy islanders ) just don't believe G would rape CLS like the video suggests.

But TREZ63, the difference in outcome you suggested was basically it wouldn't be a rape.... just a slow walk.... like how 0.5-sec difference in 1/4 should look like. Am I right? Correct me if I'm wrong...

So AJ, stop talking who's winning or losing.... or which one is faster or slower.... on average... CLS is slower... so CLS will lose...

But do you think ~0.5-sec difference in 1/4 based on dragtimes would result in a rape the video shows?

Answer me answer me answer me.....

It takes more than 0.5-sec difference in 1/4 to make the video plausible.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:14 PM
ON PROBATION

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zoink

Why only TREZ63 gets all the love?

Ahhh.... it must be because I have '89 tercel listed... LOL.

But I'm sensing something is missing here....

Not sure about TREZ63.... I think all MBWorld-ers (the fantasy islanders ) just don't believe G would rape CLS like the video suggests.

But TREZ63, the difference in outcome you suggested was basically it wouldn't be a rape.... just a slow walk.... like how 0.5-sec difference in 1/4 should look like. Am I right? Correct me if I'm wrong...

So AJ, stop talking who's winning or losing.... or which one is faster or slower.... on average... CLS is slower... so CLS will lose...

But do you think ~0.5-sec difference in 1/4 based on dragtimes would result in a rape the video shows?

Answer me answer me answer me.....

It takes more than 0.5-sec difference in 1/4 to make the video plausible.
Forget about the drag times for a second and think of this. I have a C6 Z06 that walked by the same Gallardo SE you see in that video by about 1 and half car lengths. There is about a 400 LB difference between the Z06 and the G coupe and the HP is about the same between the two cars as is the case with the CLS 63 and the Gallardo SE except the weight difference is 1,100 lb's. After owning and driving all 3 cars with nothing to gain nor giveing a rats *** which one is really faster it makes sense when you look at the weight and the HP numbers between all 3 cars. I have nothing to gain from this video. I had the same cars before this conversation started and the end results have always been the same. There is nothing wrong with any of the cars. The video was 100% real and was not staged in any way shape or form. I welcome anyone to come down and take my car for a ride and run next to the my G spyder or the G coupe. You will get the same result everytime and if I ran the Z06 against the CLS you would'nt be able to see both cars in the same frame for more than a second it would be such a beating.

Last edited by AJGlobal; 08-17-2007 at 06:17 PM.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by juicee63
So a non stock 1000 lb less Gallardo destroys a 63 driven by the lighter cars owners best buddy. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, where is Gustav?

Today a twin batteried powered Golf Cart blew past me in a similar manner, whatever guys..
for starters gustav is cool moderator on the m5board.....second off i completely agree no way that would happen with a cls63 and gallardo...i raced my buddies 07 sypder gallardo in my m5 and i was as fast or faster then him. Since the E63 amg is as fast as a m5 or abit faster...no way what was depicted in the video, would happen.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:34 PM

SL65 AMG
Ok guys this is getting to be more of a fight then just looking at the video and taking it for what it is. I posted thie video up. I didnt think it would turn to this. Now any of us that have raced know that when racing anything can happen. I dont care what car you are in ANYTHING can happen. The cls63 owners said they raced lambos and said what the out come was. These lambo guys race on video and we can not except that? I have raced a few c6 z06 and some I walk 2-4 cars and some walk me. It all depends on the driver. It also depends on the car and where it does best. I do not know why people keep saying the weight will not hurt much in a roll? It is still 1000lbs and I dont care what speed your going it is going to play a role. I think most of us are forgetting we just like fast cars and they are all different. I think it is cool some one is making videos of these cars racing. If we dont like the out come get a camera and make your own race to prove other wise. I dont think we need to fight and attack each other. I know when I was new here I posted how a turbo s walked my e55 and everyone jumped on me and how they would not have lost and I was doing something wrong etc. No one would just take it that the turbo s was faster then a stock e55. I know we look at 1/4 mile times but if you are not racing a 1/4 then who cares. Maybe allan is a better driver, maybe aj gave it all he could who cares. Cool video and that was the outcome of THAT race.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Drag times are a valid, 99% fair and square, and easy-to-digest information to judge whether a car is faster or slower.

Yes, I agree that drag times does not show complete information about a car. A car may be fast in first 1/4 but slower in 2nd 1/4. Just like comparing E55 to E63 or E60 M5... which both of the latter cars (E63 and E60 M5) are believed to be faster than E55 above 100mph due to better gearing and higher HP.

But the point here is not about drag times.... and most of all, the question here is not about which ones faster or slower.... I for one support you that G is faster (assuming similarly skilled drivers).

Here's why I don't think the video is plausible for stock CLS63 vs. stock G:
In order to have the results the video shows, the G has to be A LOT (and I mean A LOT) faster than your CLS63.

I saw a similar video where modded 996TT murdered a stock M6 (http://media.putfile.com/TT-and-M6-68). How 996TT moves relative to M6 is approximately similar to how the G moves relative to your CLS63.

Assuming from and to speed between the two races are similar, the relationship of 1/4-mile numbers should be pretty close also.

And we know that the modded 996TT shown in the video above puts 10.6 in 1/4... and we know that stock M6 puts ~12.5 in 1/4. This means in order to achieve the result the G did to your car, the G must be ~2 seconds faster than CLS63.

This is where it's hard to believe....

Drag times show G is only faster by 0.5-sec than CLS63. So either your CLS is a lot slower than what is found in dragtimes or the G is a lot faster than what is found in dragtimes.

Since you own the CLS63 and you're pretty damn sure your CLS63 is healthy, then my next guess is the G is modded.

Do you know for sure that Alan's G is not modded?

Alan may have claimed his G is not modded.... but we believe his car is no longer stock.

So if it's not stock... then yeah, I believe the outcome.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by BiTurboAmg
Ok guys this is getting to be more of a fight then just looking at the video and taking it for what it is. I posted thie video up. I didnt think it would turn to this. Now any of us that have raced know that when racing anything can happen. I dont care what car you are in ANYTHING can happen. The cls63 owners said they raced lambos and said what the out come was. These lambo guys race on video and we can not except that? I have raced a few c6 z06 and some I walk 2-4 cars and some walk me. It all depends on the driver. It also depends on the car and where it does best. I do not know why people keep saying the weight will not hurt much in a roll? It is still 1000lbs and I dont care what speed your going it is going to play a role. I think most of us are forgetting we just like fast cars and they are all different. I think it is cool some one is making videos of these cars racing. If we dont like the out come get a camera and make your own race to prove other wise. I dont think we need to fight and attack each other. I know when I was new here I posted how a turbo s walked my e55 and everyone jumped on me and how they would not have lost and I was doing something wrong etc. No one would just take it that the turbo s was faster then a stock e55. I know we look at 1/4 mile times but if you are not racing a 1/4 then who cares. Maybe allan is a better driver, maybe aj gave it all he could who cares. Cool video and that was the outcome of THAT race.
I completely agree.... but to conclude the performance of two cars using this video is certainly ridiculous.

The fairness of the video is questionable. We are based on the assumption that it's a stock G.... as TREZ has suggested, given typical results, it must've been a staged race or driver's error or unhealthy CLS or modded G.

And all four of them have been denied by AJ, while we believe at least one of them did happen. This is IMO the start of sticky arguments It's not about who's winning or losing.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:12 PM
ON PROBATION

Drag times are a valid, 99% fair and square, and easy-to-digest information to judge whether a car is faster or slower.

Yes, I agree that drag times does not show complete information about a car. A car may be fast in first 1/4 but slower in 2nd 1/4. Just like comparing E55 to E63 or E60 M5... which both of the latter cars (E63 and E60 M5) are believed to be faster than E55 above 100mph due to better gearing and higher HP.

But the point here is not about drag times.... and most of all, the question here is not about which ones faster or slower.... I for one support you that G is faster (assuming similarly skilled drivers).

Here's why I don't think the video is plausible for stock CLS63 vs. stock G:
In order to have the results the video shows, the G has to be A LOT (and I mean A LOT) faster than your CLS63.

I saw a similar video where modded 996TT murdered a stock M6 (http://media.putfile.com/TT-and-M6-68). How 996TT moves relative to M6 is approximately similar to how the G moves relative to your CLS63.

Assuming from and to speed between the two races are similar, the relationship of 1/4-mile numbers should be pretty close also.

And we know that the modded 996TT shown in the video above puts 10.6 in 1/4... and we know that stock M6 puts ~12.5 in 1/4. This means in order to achieve the result the G did to your car, the G must be ~2 seconds faster than CLS63.

This is where it's hard to believe....

Drag times show G is only faster by 0.5-sec than CLS63. So either your CLS is a lot slower than what is found in dragtimes or the G is a lot faster than what is found in dragtimes.

Since you own the CLS63 and you're pretty damn sure your CLS63 is healthy, then my next guess is the G is modded.

Do you know for sure that Alan's G is not modded?

Alan may have claimed his G is not modded.... but we believe his car is no longer stock.

So if it's not stock... then yeah, I believe the outcome.
I stated this up above in another post......allan has an aftermarket exhaust which after being put on the dyno gave him 7 more HP. I know where he had it done and the I saw the dyno myself. The video is what it is. If you think that 7 HP makes a difference then I will get out my G spyder which is totally stock and weights 300 LBS more than the coupe and still beat the CLS. Your still talking about 800 LBS difference between the two cars.

Like Bi turbo said...........they are all fast cars and everyone's outcomes can different, but I ran him 3 times and one of the races I actually jumped on him and he still flew by me. I guess me owning all the cars in question and showing the video on top of the all the HP and weight info is not enough. There must be some conspiracy going on.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

OK... even so, I still can't see how avg. 12.0 sec. car ***** 12.5 sec. car like the video shows.

I once raced a C5 Z06 on my W210 E55 years ago.... C5 Z06 should be mid to high 12's and W210 E55 should be low to mid 13's. It wasn't a rape.... C5 Z06 just slowly but surely walked me.

If this holds true, it means SL65 should do similar thing to G, then (0.5-sec difference in 1/4). And FYI, in one thread, Alan didn't even want to admit the SL65 is faster than G.

**EDIT**
BTW, if you put your CLS & Spyder side by side... I want to see whether it could also *** your CLS.

One suggestion: Dyno your CLS.... I'm not convinced your CLS is healthy.... there's one member here w/ a CLS63 or E63 that could only get mid 13's in 1/4. If your CLS is also like that, then yeah.... the video is what it is. Just a friendly suggestion in case you don't realize how much faster your CLS should be.

Last edited by otoupalik; 08-18-2007 at 01:04 PM. Reason: please watch your language
Old 08-17-2007, 10:32 PM

OO7 CLS63///G55TANK ///S80-T6///R1///R6
Originally Posted by TREZ63
I agree, Yeah you SHOULD be ashamed of yourself. Here are the only possibilities I can see:

A) Gallardo was highly modified
B) CLS was a 550 not a 63
C) CLS63 was in C mode and at the top of its band for the gear
D) Video was staged
E) Your particular CLS is ill and needs to go in for service.

Dragtimes don't lie my friend. I am sure we can arrange a race between a G-car and a 63 in the coming weeks.

BTW, saying that you don't want to race on the strip and you want "real" street race condition makes you sound like an idiot, have you even been to a drag strip before? What is not realy about it? The fact that they measure the time for you? Or the fact that your Gallardo would lose to my CLS63?
LOL +1
Set it up tre- my cls is pretty healthy, I would love to race that audi
Old 08-18-2007, 12:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
seems to me the guy has a 63 that is poorly trained.
I would be willing to bet his Spyder would get beaten by either Sam or Trez
If this race was not staged, then the guy really should have his car looked at. He likely has the faulty TB and bad software, TCU failure.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
OK... even so, I still can't see how avg. 12.0 sec. car rapes 12.5 sec. car like the video shows.

I once raced a C5 Z06 on my W210 E55 years ago.... C5 Z06 should be mid to high 12's and W210 E55 should be low to mid 13's. It wasn't a rape.... C5 Z06 just slowly but surely walked me.

If this holds true, it means SL65 should do similar thing to G, then (0.5-sec difference in 1/4). And FYI, in one thread, Alan didn't even want to admit the SL65 is faster than G.

**EDIT**
BTW, if you put your CLS & Spyder side by side... I want to see whether it could also rape your CLS.

One suggestion: Dyno your CLS.... I'm not convinced your CLS is healthy.... there's one member here w/ a CLS63 or E63 that could only get mid 13's in 1/4. If your CLS is also like that, then yeah.... the video is what it is. Just a friendly suggestion in case you don't realize how much faster your CLS should be.

Zoink, good logical posts..

Guy likely is answering you less cause he wanted to egg on the 63 crowd with this bogus video.

I have vids of the CLS on the A** of the new Gallardo, I have raced one coming home from Vegas, no way this car could lose me like what is shown in this video.

I will run a 12.3@116 at MIR, I am very confident records will be broken at the East Coast venue
Old 08-18-2007, 12:10 AM

vw
I cant speak for AJ, but I am just waiting for tomorrow to see if anybody shows with a CLS or CL.

Talking about this video, how its fixed, the car is ill, the driver is bad, is going no where.

Hopefully we see some MBs.
Old 08-18-2007, 02:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55, '05 SLK55, a few others
Guys, I'm not even close to stock or near AZ, but SOMEBODY needs to put the smack down on Alan, he's been owned one too many times. Carbon, bring that ****e to Ca. plenty of E's to run you here. By the way, Gustav is so full of it, his eyes are brown. Think I'm full of it? look at Jay's 600 destroying the almighty M's and L's. Take a hike trolls, a M6 couldn't beat my BONE STOCK '06 from a 65 mph freeway roll.

Last edited by Fast55; 08-18-2007 at 02:37 AM.
Old 08-18-2007, 04:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 RRS ; BMW K1200R; 14 E350 ; 14 RRS on order
Okay my friend Baacel owns both those cars (well he just sold his G car) and his other car is a CLS55 not a 63. Anyway, he owned a Gallardo and a CLS55 for about two years at the same time. I've talked to him about this before but I'll call him tomorrow to see what he thinks about this video. I know the skeptics with try and call BS on whatever I post tomorrow. But remember I am the one that said the Gallardo is faster, just not by THAT much.
Anyway, I gotta be at DemoDays in like 7 hours so I'll post up tomorrow.
Old 08-18-2007, 04:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
Could you get the owner of the supposed 63 to come post some pics of him and his ride also the weights of him and his passenger? I will contact some Benz guys in AZ to come out and play
Given the source, there aren't many people who will do anything with that guy.

It may or may not have been staged, it doesn't matter. It isn't worth the gas money to find out.

Last edited by IngenereAMG; 08-18-2007 at 04:31 AM.
Old 08-18-2007, 05:00 AM
ON PROBATION

Originally Posted by IngenereAMG

It may or may not have been staged, it doesn't matter. It isn't worth the gas money to find out.
Ahh someone besdies Topcarbon that knows me !!!!!! Dino, this is Tony I spoke to you about 6 months ago about buying a V8 Vantage. Don't know if you remember the coversation but I can tell you we are running tomorrow local here and I'm going to try and bring both cars if I can get someone to come get either the CLS or the spyder. Seeing that your here and people know you, would you like to come drive the car and see for yourself ??? We can run it against the spyder or the G coupe again. Both will be on our run tomorrow.
Old 08-18-2007, 05:02 AM
ON PROBATION

Originally Posted by TREZ63
Okay my friend Baacel owns both those cars (well he just sold his G car) and his other car is a CLS55 not a 63. Anyway, he owned a Gallardo and a CLS55 for about two years at the same time. I've talked to him about this before but I'll call him tomorrow to see what he thinks about this video. I know the skeptics with try and call BS on whatever I post tomorrow. But remember I am the one that said the Gallardo is faster, just not by THAT much.
Anyway, I gotta be at DemoDays in like 7 hours so I'll post up tomorrow.
I hear ya.......I checked everything, proper gear, proper RPM. etc etc. The car is running perfect and I had the same result all 3 times. Don't know what to tell you besdies that the car weights 1,100 LBs more and has a little less HP. Its not really out of the ball park when you think of it.
Old 08-18-2007, 05:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by AJGlobal
I hear ya.......I checked everything, proper gear, proper RPM. etc etc. The car is running perfect and I had the same result all 3 times. Don't know what to tell you besdies that the car weights 1,100 LBs more and has a little less HP. Its not really out of the ball park when you think of it.

Life is so funny......

So I am headed home from work and , UH OH could it be a

Lamborghini .. LOL, I fumbled my camera to the floor, picked it up and followed this guy for 15 minutes. We did several small short bursts down Melrose and onto La Cienega continuing to Wilshire. My car stayed right with the Lambo. Maybe you have to be rolling to get slaughtered by the Audi 10

I have no idea what kind this was but no way this car was gonna produce the result previously posted by mr. Lambo

Its long the burst occurs at 1:50 ish.. I was filming and driving so well the camera was dropped a few times and I missed a shift but what is most interesting is the 63 sounds just as LOUD as the whatever Lambo I was running next to. And YOU CAN HEAR my car when going WOT enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A3XKwDP-jA

Last edited by juicee63; 08-18-2007 at 12:34 PM.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:21 AM

You name it i've had it or got it...
what was the point of that video? to show that the 63 is loud a wot when next to a gallardo? i hope your happy i just lost some brain cells watching that...lol. i notice you have taken this very personal. as i said...i have both of these cars to a sense...i have a cls55 and an 05 gallardo....and the results are nothing like that video. i understand there were some changes to the 06 up and obviuosly now a 63 engine...but i find it hard to believe those changes would change the outcome that much...who knows. just to make you happy i might go meet up with these guys and watch it with my own 2 eyes...just to make you happy.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by rbtronnie5
what was the point of that video? to show that the 63 is loud a wot when next to a gallardo? i hope your happy i just lost some brain cells watching that...lol. i notice you have taken this very personal. as i said...i have both of these cars to a sense...i have a cls55 and an 05 gallardo....and the results are nothing like that video. i understand there were some changes to the 06 up and obviuosly now a 63 engine...but i find it hard to believe those changes would change the outcome that much...who knows. just to make you happy i might go meet up with these guys and watch it with my own 2 eyes...just to make you happy.
Hard to film, drive and wait for the other car to step on thy pedal. The cars are close and the video posted by Tommy Carbon presents a silent 63 and a very loud Lamb.. My video has both cars exhaust notes audible. I know the guy would never be able to lose me on the streets of LA.. I think that was a Murcielago?
Old 08-18-2007, 07:19 AM

vw
Originally Posted by IngenereAMG

Hey Dino. Hows it going? You know me too. I have the Yellow Diablo.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:31 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55

Your car is broken dude.... either that or Alan paid you to post this up and defend him.

No money exchanged, but there were *favours*
Old 08-18-2007, 12:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Life is so funny......

So I am headed home from work and , UH OH could it be a

Lamborghini .. LOL, I fumbled my camera to the floor, picked it up and followed this guy for 15 minutes. We did several small short bursts down Melrose and onto La Cienega continuing to Wilshire. My car stayed right with the Lambo. Maybe you have to be rolling to get slaughtered by the Audi 10

I have no idea what kind this was but no way this car was gonna produce the result previously posted by mr. Lambo

Its long the burst occurs at 1:50 ish.. I was filming and driving so well the camera was dropped a few times and I missed a shift but what is most interesting is the 63 sounds just as LOUD as the whatever Lambo I was running next to. And YOU CAN HEAR my car when going WOT enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A3XKwDP-jA

working on the edit of the other 3 runs. I am certain later today we will be barraged with CLS going to slaughter vids. I am just glad mr. Lamb did not claim the vid was me in my car. Looks like AJ has the 030 package as well. Man this guys car needs a mechanic
Old 08-18-2007, 12:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030

Originally Posted by ChicagoX
No money exchanged, but there were *favours*

Old 08-18-2007, 01:25 PM

OO7 CLS63///G55TANK ///S80-T6///R1///R6
Hard to film, drive and wait for the other car to step on thy pedal. The cars are close and the video posted by Tommy Carbon presents a silent 63 and a very loud Lamb.. My video has both cars exhaust notes audible. I know the guy would never be able to lose me on the streets of LA.. I think that was a Murcielago?
JOSH- I see your hunting lambo's now.lol. That was an Audi.aka(gallardo)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cls 63 Vs Gallardo Se