C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Is there a way to confirm if my car is a CPO

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 01:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS55 black opal
Is there a way to confirm if my car is a CPO

There's a dealer from out of state that is making a transaction seem quite shady and I want to make sure that the vehicle is a CPO before signing any paperwork.

Is there supposed to be separate paperwork? listed on the warranty sheet? or maybe a dealership can look it up in the system?
Old 08-13-2008, 01:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 S600
Take the VIN # to MB dealership and they came verify if it is or not.
CPO warranties are fully transferable between individuals however once the car has been through an auction or being sold buy non MB dealership the CPO is voided.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS55 black opal
Originally Posted by canes85
CPO warranties are fully transferable between individuals however once the car has been through an auction or being sold buy non MB dealership the CPO is voided.
I talked to one dealership (not the one that I'm buying from) that said the CPO won't show up until the car is completely purchased, but he was in the service department and wasn't sure what paperwork would be seen that made it obvious that it was a CPO.

The sales and finance guy at the dealership I'm buying from have said that it's a CPO but based on transactions it almost seems like the sales guy would be like "oops, I forgot...sorry". I'd hate to call them out on it if they weren't being dishonest to begin with.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:11 PM

2006 CLS55 AMG; 2006 Infiniti FX45;
Originally Posted by azncarjunkie
There's a dealer from out of state that is making a transaction seem quite shady and I want to make sure that the vehicle is a CPO before signing any paperwork.

Is there supposed to be separate paperwork? listed on the warranty sheet? or maybe a dealership can look it up in the system?
When a car is a cpo, the sales department is suppose to give you a cpo packet for the vehicle. It will have your vehicle's info in it. the purchase contract should also state that the car is a CPO.

There u go. Info straight from a former Mercedes/Porsche/Audi finance director.

Last edited by von32897; 08-13-2008 at 02:13 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:02 PM

07 CLS 63
Originally Posted by von32897
When a car is a cpo, the sales department is suppose to give you a cpo packet for the vehicle. It will have your vehicle's info in it. the purchase contract should also state that the car is a CPO.

There u go. Info straight from a former Mercedes/Porsche/Audi finance director.
+1....I received a certificate like document stating that my CLS is a CPO vehicle.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:46 PM

CLS55
On mine there are CPO stickers in the door sills B pillars. Also received CPO paperwork, most memorably a multi point checklist.

Last edited by KungFoo; 08-13-2008 at 09:48 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:27 AM

'06 cls 55 amg, '03 Range Rover HSE, 88 Firebird Formula
Originally Posted by canes85
If u purchased a used vehicle that had a CPO from a non-mb dealer how would the mb dealer know that the vehicle no longer belonged to the original owner who purchased the CPO car?
Old 08-14-2008, 11:51 AM

2006 CLS55 AMG; 2006 Infiniti FX45;
Originally Posted by BlackBeast'06
If u purchased a used vehicle that had a CPO from a non-mb dealer how would the mb dealer know that the vehicle no longer belonged to the original owner who purchased the CPO car?
Not quite sure what you're asking but, only Mercedes Benz dealers can certify the car as a CPO. Non dealers can't sell and guarantee that the vehicle is a certified CPO. U need to call MB.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by von32897
Not quite sure what you're asking but, only Mercedes Benz dealers can certify the car as a CPO. Non dealers can't sell and guarantee that the vehicle is a certified CPO. U need to call MB.
What I mean is when I purchased the car from a non-mb dealer I just happened to call a mb dealer and had them check the VIN. The dealership told me that the car is a CPO. Once I take it to the mb dealer after buying it from a non-mb dealer how will they know that the car isn't a CPO mb?
Old 08-15-2008, 12:58 PM

07 CLS 63
Originally Posted by BlackBeast'06
What I mean is when I purchased the car from a non-mb dealer I just happened to call a mb dealer and had them check the VIN. The dealership told me that the car is a CPO. Once I take it to the mb dealer after buying it from a non-mb dealer how will they know that the car isn't a CPO mb?
When you purchased the car from a non-mb dealer, that dealer should handed you CPO warrenty documentation from the previous owner that states the extended warrenty's expiration date.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:15 PM

When I called the MB dealer and gave them the VIN they told me that the car is CPO and has an extended warranty until 2011 or 100K miles. Just trying to figure out since I'm the 3rd owner will this get flagged when I take the car to the mb dealer for service.