Tire Wear with 20's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55
Is your CLS non-amg?

Originally Posted by paulfromtulsa
i purchased a kmac camber kit for the rears on ebay for like $400 works perfect. my alignment guys says that it allows for tons on adjustment. my car is pretty low i have 20" with no fender gap at all. he told me i could lower it more and it would not be a problem. the only bad thing i have heard about the kmac kit is that it squeaks. i have yet to hear anything from my rear end. the kit has been great for me
Old 03-31-2010, 04:51 PM

06 CLS55 AMG
Well they list an application for the CLS... Not sure if it's "AMG friendly" but definitely worth inquiring about...

K-Mac Mercedes Front Kits...
http://www.k-mac.com.au/pages/newpro...ercedes_05.htm

K-Mac Mercedes Rear Kits...
http://www.k-mac.com/pages/newprods/...ercedes_04.htm
Old 04-01-2010, 01:34 AM

06 CLS55 AMG
I took it upon myself to contact the good folks over at K-Mac and sure enough, the kits they have will in fact work on AMG models!!!

Price is $465 for the front and $345 for the rear. Shipping averages around $60 to the US.

A bit pricey at almost $900 delivered, but if it'll help you avoid semi-annual tire replacements, then it's a small price to pay...
Old 10-30-2010, 11:02 AM

anyone installed this kit on the AMG yet? The website (http://www.k-mac.com/pages/newprods/...ercedes_05.htm) says "Airmatic suspension - Installation requires remove/replace of air (see workshop manual)." The CLS55 AMG has airmatic right? Does anyone know what that statement means?
Old 10-30-2010, 09:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E55 then E63, now back to an E55
My friend,
welcome to the world of Mercedes. ALL newer Mercedes that is.
Factory height / stock cars included. Multiply this factory when the vehicle is lowered. Part of the way camber & toe are set up on these cars, they wear the inner edges quite quickly - especially right tire.
Ask anyone who truly knows and they should verify my statements.

As far as 13k mile life - you should jump up and down for joy !
I myself, as well as MULTIPLE friends, get between 4000-9000 miles of life on a set of rear 20 inch tires.
You gotta pay to play - 100% in effect here.

Frankly, I grew so tired of the uneven wear and buying replacement tires that I was ready to crush my 20's and haul them in for scrap metal.
But, I sold them and went back to factory 18's with thicker sidewall tires - the ride is much smoother and I am soooo much happier.
No more aftermarket wheels for me folks, no thanks !!

BUT I still only expect to get about 15-20k miles out of these 400 UTQG rated tires.
By the way, my Forged wheel's offset was within 4 ET of my factory AMG wheels - hardly enough of a different to warrant that big of a change.
The wheels were custom made for my car, and the same is true for my friends cars' wheels.

Best of luck

Last edited by jpohl402; 10-30-2010 at 09:43 PM.