C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Tell me if i have left anything out.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 10:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
Originally Posted by Full Throttle
500whp is definitely my goal. What size pulley will i need to achieve this i had a 190mm in mind. If you guys don't think the air box and cat-back are needed that will save me a LOT of money.
I have read this entire thread, and based on our experience, you should be able to get very close to 500WHP without much of what you are planning in parts and expense.

Some of our clients have their dynos posted in our testimonials area, and are very close to your goal, with much fewer mods. You may want to take a look and see if we can help you.

http://www.veloceperformance.com/testimonial.htm
Old 12-01-2009, 07:40 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by IngenereAMG
I have read this entire thread, and based on our experience, you should be able to get very close to 500WHP without much of what you are planning in parts and expense.

Some of our clients have their dynos posted in our testimonials area, and are very close to your goal, with much fewer mods. You may want to take a look and see if we can help you.

http://www.veloceperformance.com/testimonial.htm
IngenereAMG

My thoughts have always been if you want a 10 second car build one that runs 9's if you want a 500whp car build one that makes 550whp
Old 12-02-2009, 08:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 plus a few Ducati's
My thoughts have always been if you want a 10 second car build one that runs 9's if you want a 500whp car build one that makes 550whp
Great philosophy if you have the money!
I was thinking of similar mods but in reading about the headers and thinking of some of the exhaust work I have performed on my bikes I think better breathing in and out are the best ways to start..... a little more fuel in and and an easier way out generally makes a big difference on a stock vehicle.
After watching this forum for some time my general approach would be a pulley, new map and an exhaust. This should easily give another 60+ at the rear wheels.
Let us know what you decide on Full Throttle.... and good luck.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:11 PM

Looking for CLS55 AMG
whens the car going to eurocharged?
Old 12-03-2009, 07:03 AM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by DucatiNut
Great philosophy if you have the money!
I was thinking of similar mods but in reading about the headers and thinking of some of the exhaust work I have performed on my bikes I think better breathing in and out are the best ways to start..... a little more fuel in and and an easier way out generally makes a big difference on a stock vehicle.
After watching this forum for some time my general approach would be a pulley, new map and an exhaust. This should easily give another 60+ at the rear wheels.
Let us know what you decide on Full Throttle.... and good luck.
Thanks bro i will keep you guys posted.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:07 AM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Nebster
whens the car going to eurocharged?
We are working out details now. Im getting the last few parts together for the trip up to Eurocharged.
Final check list is

Eurocharged stage 3

Dyno Comp LT headers.

Kleemann cams.

Carbonio carbon fiber box and intakes.

LSD.

3" mid section with x-pipe and removable cats.

Meisterschaft Exhaust.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:17 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
We are working out details now. Im getting the last few parts together for the trip up to Eurocharged.
Final check list is

Eurocharged stage 3

Dyno Comp LT headers.

Kleemann cams.

LSD.

Meisterschaft Exhaust.
Are you ding a throttle body upgrade? If so, make sure it works with the carbonio box.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:37 AM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
Are you ding a throttle body upgrade? If so, make sure it works with the carbonio box.
Yes we are, my understanding is the opening has to be opened up a bit. I sent you another pm.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:12 PM

Looking for CLS55 AMG
Final check list is

Eurocharged stage 3

Dyno Comp LT headers.

Kleemann cams.

LSD.

Meisterschaft Exhaust.
Awesome can't wait to see not
Old 12-29-2009, 10:49 PM

CLS55 plus a few Ducati's
You are getting everyone very interested FT. Are you going to do dyno before and after and post the graphs? would love to see the results.... it will be amazing!
Old 12-29-2009, 11:37 PM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by DucatiNut
You are getting everyone very interested FT. Are you going to do dyno before and after and post the graphs? would love to see the results.... it will be amazing!
Thats the plan
Old 12-30-2009, 12:46 AM

LS430
Great setup! The EC Stage 3 is minus their LTs since you're taking the MBH Route correct?
Old 12-30-2009, 05:50 AM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by E55AMGFan
Great setup! The EC Stage 3 is minus their LTs since you're taking the MBH Route correct?
This is correct, Greg suggested this route because the EC headers are E55 specific.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:54 AM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by ronaldo123
Thats some really good information im not willing to pay over $2000 for just sound if my stock exhaust is just as good. Also i would hate to have to modify a $2000 air box to make a $3000 throttle body work. I may just skip the air box and do the throttle body what do you think?

Those sound like my words, i decided to treat my car this Xmas.

Also to follow up regarding the Carbonio Airbox, it comes with an adapter plate for larger than stock throttle bodys. Paul at Carbonio explained that the air box will work with the EC 82mm throttle body.

Last edited by Full Throttle; 12-30-2009 at 05:57 AM.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:59 AM

LS430
This is correct, Greg suggested this route because the EC headers are E55 specific.
Ahh okay, that's what I thought, I wonder what is the rwhp gain difference between the 2, both are very proven. Sick setup bro, I'll see you back on Supraforums. If what you said is coming in, I only can wonder, Eaton blower upgrade....
Old 12-30-2009, 12:28 PM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Ahh okay, that's what I thought, I wonder what is the rwhp gain difference between the 2, both are very proven. Sick setup bro, I'll see you back on Supraforums. If what you said is coming in, I only can wonder, Eaton blower upgrade....
One day soon my friend one day soon but for now like you said either LT header option should be stellar. Your engine bay has inspired me when the blower swaps is released i hope to be the first one back to EC.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:09 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Final check list is

Eurocharged stage 3

Dyno Comp LT headers.

Kleemann cams.

LSD.

Meisterschaft Exhaust.
Sounds like a good list to me! Car should make some good power when its done. Do you plan on doing your own before/after dyno or have EC do it?
Old 12-30-2009, 01:56 PM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Sounds like a good list to me! Car should make some good power when its done. Do you plan on doing your own before/after dyno or have EC do it?
Greg offered to dyno before and after as part of the package. Some vendors wont ship some of the parts directly to Eurocharged so i have to wait until the last few parts get here then its off to Eurocharged. Mid next week if im lucky. Kleemann is closed until Monday so the cams wont go out until then.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:36 PM

LS430
One day soon my friend one day soon but for now like you said either LT header option should be stellar. Your engine bay has inspired me when the blower swaps is released i hope to be the first one back to EC.
Engine bay what engine bay? lol Keep us posted John, perhaps you got me mixed up with someone else.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:26 PM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Engine bay what engine bay? lol Keep us posted John, perhaps you got me mixed up with someone else.
mmm hmmmm

Also this should be pretty exciting for everyone involved. Greg suggested that we dyno the car before, then with just the dyno comp headers and exhaust, then with the full stage 3 package, cams, tune, airbox..ect.

E55AMG fan throw up a pic of that engine bay brother
Old 01-02-2010, 01:08 AM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
2016 E550 Cab & 2011 GL 550 & 09 VROD Muscle & 06 Seadoo Speedster LE .......
Miesterchaft Exhaust Is a Must the GT the Sound is Insane.....on your Supercharged it will be Insane......Dont do the X-pipe you will regret it....
Old 01-02-2010, 10:26 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
mmm hmmmm

Also this should be pretty exciting for everyone involved. Greg suggested that we dyno the car before, then with just the dyno comp headers and exhaust, then with the full stage 3 package, cams, tune, airbox..ect.

Do it up! I love seeing gains after each mod. I'm very excited for you. These are a great header to tune on. When I get back to the office on Monday I will get you your tracking info. Did I mention I'm really excited to see your results.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:33 AM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
Do it up! I love seeing gains after each mod. I'm very excited for you. These are a great header to tune on. When I get back to the office on Monday I will get you your tracking info. Did I mention I'm really excited to see your results.

Please let me know about that other thing we talked about when you can, i think im going to need that.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:51 PM

LS430
mmm hmmmm

What! No, seriously John, I am lost bro, do you have me confused with someone else? No possible way I even have pics of the cars in my profile engine bay. Im so lost about it unless you snuck over pics of your future engine bay to me and have me do the honors. lol I'm guessing you're thinking Im someone else, I'm SupraFan55 on Supraforums.

Last edited by E55AMGFan; 01-02-2010 at 12:57 PM.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:54 PM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
What! No, seriously John, I am lost bro, do you have me confused with someone else? No possible way I even have pics of the cars in my profile engine bay. Im so lost about it unless you snuck over pics of yours to me and have me do the honors.
My mistake i had you confused with AMGFAN

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tell me if i have left anything out.