C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Sealed the deal! 06 CLS55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 CLS55 AMG
Sealed the deal! 06 CLS55

Just sealed the deal on a one owner 06 CLS55! White with tan interior, fully loaded (everything available through the factory minus distronic), 40K miles, in what appears to be excellent condition.

I purchased the car sight-unseen from an out of state dealership. After reading up on some of the horror stories fellow forum members experienced, I opted to have the car checked out thoroughly by a third party inspection agency before I felt comfortable enough shelling out the deposit.

Well to make a long story, the car checked out and passed the inspection (which by the way included a 5 mile test drive, and an under carriage examination) with flying colors. I closed on the deal this afternoon and now awaiting transport quotes from both the dealer and my own sources.

Keeping my fingers crossed, I should take delivery of it within 7-15 days. The next few days are gonna seem like months! I guess the only way to make that time go by fast, is to start looking for some goodies for it...
Old 11-12-2009, 08:23 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Congrats Bro. Post some pictures. Love white with Tan leather.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:11 PM

2006 Granite Grey CLS55
Congrats dude... thats one big mistake I made was not getting that inspection. Oh well, got a small project on my hands now fixing the little BS parts. What did you end up paying if you don't mind me asking.

Where on LI are you at?
Old 11-13-2009, 12:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Flying Spur
congrats is this the one that was also listed on ebay? love the tan interior
Old 11-13-2009, 12:33 AM

06 CLS55 AMG
Thank you! The $100 and change I paid for the inspection was def worth it. It helped ease my mind and answer all the "what if" questions I had. You know like what if this or that isn't working, damaged, scratched, and so on. The inspector was quite thorough, down to pointing out that the windshield wipers were in need of changing. Not really a deal breaking problem, but good to know. I was naturally more concerned with the higher expense items, which thankfully all that checked out...

The car out the door (tax, title, temp tag / reg, doc fee's, etc) came out to almost $46K. I'm still waiting for a shipping quote, but estimate it to be roughly $1K, so I'm going to be out of pocket right around $47K on this CLS55. To put that $$$ into perspective locally, Rallye MB which I visited two weeks ago had a black 06 CLS55 with right around the same mileage, but not as loaded, they were asking $48K + tax, title, reg, and all that good stuff. The only advantage, so to speak, was that it was a CPO car. Out the door it would have set me back $53K, $5K more than what I paid, and once again for a lesser equipped model.

Having been shopping around for about two months, I think I got a reasonable deal. Not a steal, but then again not a rip. As much as I wanted a CPO vehicle, the extra $5-$7K they averaged over non CPO CLS55's, really wasn't worth it for me. I priced out some comprehensive and reputable warranty companies, and found for between $4000-$5000 I could get better and longer arranty coverage than what is offered through MB's CPO program, which if you read the details isn't very comprehensive at all.

I'm from Woodbury, exit 44N on the LIE...
Old 11-13-2009, 05:52 PM

06 CLS55 AMG
and here she is... awaiting transport...
Attached Thumbnails Sealed the deal! 06 CLS55-cls55.jpg  
Old 11-14-2009, 09:14 PM

2006 Granite Grey CLS55
Sweet, but tan interior FTL. I love the white though.

Trending Topics

Old 11-15-2009, 06:42 AM

2007 CLS550 Designo; 2009 Mini Cooper; 2011 BMW 335d
Nice!
Old 11-16-2009, 01:12 AM

CLS
Sweet.

Post pics when you get her. Congrats.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
Great car! The CLS55 is definitely one of my favorite AMGs.

When you get bored and start thinking it's slow, give me a call and I know we can put the smile back on your face!
Old 11-16-2009, 04:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ssonss1
congrats is this the one that was also listed on ebay? love the tan interior
yes i believe it is.. ive been looking for a white on BLK myself... I know all the white ones outthere for sale LOL.. I look at autotrader,ebay,cars.com, and manheim almost every 2 days!! thats the one that was on ebay.. its nice but not a fan of tan.. looking for white on BLK... you should sell me yours
Old 11-16-2009, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
06 CLS55 w/ P030, 05 Jag S Type R, 05 TBird-68 Dodge Charger R/T-440 w/4speed I'm original owner
The yellow side markers must go. Check out white ones on ebay.

Enjoy the beast.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Flying Spur
Originally Posted by trboda6
yes i believe it is.. ive been looking for a white on BLK myself... I know all the white ones outthere for sale LOL.. I look at autotrader,ebay,cars.com, and manheim almost every 2 days!! thats the one that was on ebay.. its nice but not a fan of tan.. looking for white on BLK... you should sell me yours
I like the tan I actually have the grey interior. I saw it on eBay as well, the lower part of the front bumper cover was out of shape and the v8 kompressor badge looks like it's mounted too high, paint work perhaps. I'd take the tan over my grey or black.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:20 PM

06 CLS55 AMG
Yep, this was on eBay a few weeks back. In regards to the front bumper and side badges. It seems the original owner parked over a tall parking barrier, and when he/she pulled out, ended up pulling / breaking the mounting tabs underneath that section. There was no real visible paint or permanent bumper damage (other than the out of sight broken mount) so it was left as is. Once I get the car, I'll fab up a new mount and tab to get it back to new. I'm also planning on installing an aftermarket lip, so worse case I can always hide the imperfection.

As for the "high emblems", the dealer claims the fenders have not been repainted. It's his belief the vehicle was originally debadged, and when it was time to sell, they slapped on a pair of new badges, but missed the original placement by a 1-2". In all honesty, I'm probably going to pull them off anyways, so if they're off placement or not really doesnt matter to me.

My inspector that checked the car out, did not see any signs of noticeable paintwork, so it either has never had any paint work done, or if it has, its done so in a professional manor, which I'm totally fine with. After all the car isn't new, nor was it listed as being flawless.

As long as it has not sustained any major work, which once again my inspector conformed it has not, I can live with a repainted fender(s), bumper, and so on.

Last but not least, I'm quite found of the tan interior, specially on white. The last vehicle we had in our family with tan interior, was a red 560SL, and it looked great!