C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Anyone buy CLS rims from USARIM

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 10:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toyota Supra Turbo
Anyone buy CLS rims from USARIM

Just checking out the website, the rims obviously are knockoffs but they looks pretty good. Anyone with experience with them?
Old 01-24-2010, 11:32 PM

Looking for CLS55 AMG
why would you put knockoff fake wheels on your 100k car?
Old 01-25-2010, 01:42 PM

CLS63
Maybe:

snow wheels?
pot holes bend and damage both replica rims and real rims... and the former is cheaper to replace?
Old 01-25-2010, 02:52 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2007 CLS550
USARim is the same company as Eurotech Luxury Wheels. Eurotech operates as a storefront on ebay and Amazon. The phone number and web pages are the same all three sites. I looked up reviews via Google for Eurotech and found extreme opposites with some hating them and others very happy. Here are some complaints: http://search.reviews.ebay.com/eurotech_W0QQuqtZg and here are some compliments: http://feedback.ebay.com/ebaymotors/...edbackAsSeller. There are also some unhappy campers on this MBWorld site. Most complaints seem to be about vibrations that come from the new wheels and poor customer service when warranty issues are raised. They had a sales manager named Russ who cussed at and threatened customers, which was a big source of complaints. I read that he was replaced in March 2009 with a very competent and customer friendly guy. The store warranty policy is conflicted. In the FAQ section of the USARim web site the response to a warranty question is "it comes with a Lifetime Warranty, protecting you from defects as long as you own the wheels." Sounds good, but then at the bottom of the age there is a Return Policy Statement stating "If there is any issue with the wheels, please do not install them, call us right away at 858-361-4121, do not install them. Remember, YOU MOUNT THEM YOU OWN THEM." The caps and red color type is a direct copy from their web site. Looks pretty ominous.

I would love to hear from someone on this forum who was a happy customer. These prices seem to good to be true.

While these wheels are really cheap, by the time you add shipping, sales tax, new tires, mounting, balancing, labor to move the Tire Pressure Monitor System Modules, hassle with disposing of the old wheels and tires...you're in this for over $2,000 easily. And when you drive out of the tire shop with your new wheels and tires, what are you going to do when the car has a new vibration or sound? Is it the wheel? The tire? The balance of the wheel? The balance of the tire? Which wheel? Which Tire? How will you diagnose the problem. USARim will blame the tire shop. The tire shop will blame USARim. You will be tearing your hair out. Oh, and will you really feel safe when you crank your CLS up to 186 mph? Is it really worth taking the chance? And compare that to how you would imagine the experience with genuine Mercedes AMG wheels. Is there any question that you would be 100% satisfied and would have 100% confidence in the quality and reliability of those Mercedes wheels? I think not.

Last edited by Art-by-Art; 01-26-2010 at 10:48 AM.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:48 PM

CLS55
I also read the mixed reviews about this company, but when they didn't answer the phone, or reply to my email, they didnt get my business.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:01 PM

Looking for CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Art-by-Art
USARim is the same company as Eurotech Luxury Wheels. Eurotech operates as a storefront on ebay and Amazon. The phone number and web pages are the same all three sites. I looked up reviews via Google for Eurotech and found extreme opposites with some hating them and others very happy. Here are some complaints: http://search.reviews.ebay.com/eurotech_W0QQuqtZg and here are some compliments: http://feedback.ebay.com/ebaymotors/...edbackAsSeller. There are also some unhappy campers on this MBWorld site. Most complaints seem to be about vibrations that come from the new wheels and poor customer service when warranty issues are raised. They had a sales manager named Russ who cussed at and threatened customers, which was a big source of complaints. I read that he was replaced in March 2009 with a very competent and customer friendly guy. The store warranty policy is conflicted saying in one place that the products have a lifetime warranty and in another that they will replace a rim if found defective before you mount the rim, but once you mount the rims you own it.

I would love to hear from someone on this forum who was a happy customer. These prices seem to good to be true.
its because they're selling an inferior product. They can get away charging nothing because they're not selling anything thats quality
Old 01-27-2010, 01:23 PM

CLS55
I have experience with Eurotech Wheels and replicas ...

I had 2 bent front wheels, and 2 cracked rear wheels (all OEM). I replaced all 4 with OEM wheels from the dealer ... and within a year the front wheels were bent again and the rear wheels were cracked again. At this point I became convinced that the CLS55 OEM wheels are just mediocre built wheels that we just want to believe are great quality since they are OEM and AMG stamped! But that's just my opinion ...

So, instead of spending > $4K on another full set I decided to play with some replicas to see if they were any better, and that's when I came across Eurotech Wheels. I spoke to them a couple times on the phone and they seemed knowledgeable and familiar with the car (i.e. offset, rear concave, etc.). So for 1/4 of the cost I decided to test out a new set, with the thought that I could always use them as emergency replacements. A couple things to note:

1) The wheels are approx. 5mm-6mm higher than factory offsets, so while they will fit, they fit closer to the inside on the car (i.e. less aggressive fit).

2) A lot of the factories overseas use the same manufacturing standards, etc. and sometimes production quality is just hit or miss.

3) Not all their wheels are stamped with the AMG logo. You have to make sure you ask because they have some that are stamped and some that aren’t.

4) They (that are stamped) look exactly like the OEM wheels, seriously.

I also replaced all 4 tires at the same time. I used Discount Tire since they had a local shop, and because they will help diagnose any problem you have when you purchase tires from them … and it’s free no matter how many visits.

Well this service turned out to be very useful because there were vibration issues from the beginning that seem to be coming from the front wheels/tires. While the rim wasn't purchased from Discount Tire they actually made it their responsibility to correct the problem. They assured me that the wheels were new and true, and verified it with run-out specs from both of their balance methods (i.e. regular and road force). I started covering all possible factors: Discount Tire for tires, Eurotech Wheels for wheels, and the Dealer for suspension and alignment. The dealer (free of charge) replaced the ball joints and bearings, and thoroughly inspected the suspension and alignment. The tire shop brought in 4 new tires, and re-balanced the wheels on 5 different occasions. The result was the same vibration issues.

I was preparing to return the wheels to Eurotech and had spoken to them on the phone and provided updated re: all the vibration issues. While they didn’t seem convinced it were the wheels, they seemed OK with having them returned (like they had a choice!).

In the mean time I had my other bent/cracked OEM wheels repaired in anticipation of returning the Eurotech wheels. During that time I had a service appointment at the dealer and they noticed that my motor mounts were worn down and close to “collapsed” … so they replace them. Interestingly enough, the vibration issues were gone when the car was returned.

I have since put the repaired OEM wheels them back on the car after 9 months of use, because I didn’t like the (less aggressive) look of the replicas, especially the rear concave … and all is still fine.

Moral of the story: IMHO I think the replicas are built just as good as OEM, which is mediocre at best! I couldn't tell you what really caused the vibration issues (replica wheel, original tires, engine mounts, suspension, etc.), but I learned not to focus only on the tires and wheel, but instead focus on all the components working together.

Just wanted to share my experience in hopes that it helps someone out there ...
Old 01-27-2010, 02:15 PM

06 CLS55 AMG
Funny story... This reminds me of a meet I attended a while back between some G35 and 350Z guys...

I had just purchased a set of (pricey) Volk rims for my G35, and there was one (cocky) guy with a 350Z who made it his mission to let everyone around us know why he would never ever get rid of his OEM wheels because he didn't want to chance having to waste his hard earned $$$ on a possibly inferior wheel.

His comments exactly "doesn't matter what they cost, you never know what you're getting with an aftermarket rim... the OEM stuff will always hold up better than anything aftermarket..."

That's when I felt compelled to let him know that his OEM 350Z wheels were in fact manufactured by the SAME company as those who made my Volk wheels... RAYS ENGINEERING... I pointed out the companies marking on his so called OEM wheels and at first he refused to believe it, but after a few others chimed into the conversation to confirm the fact that he actually had rims manufactured by an aftermarket company, he simply shut up...

Isn't ignorance bliss?
Old 01-27-2010, 03:25 PM

CLS55
Yeap, true indeed. I used to work for Nissan/Infiniti and you're absolutely correct!
Old 01-27-2010, 09:22 PM

CLS55
I have seen my share of OEM wheels that have cracked too. Who knows why they are so expensive new...
Old 01-30-2012, 11:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E500 "The Diplomat" W211
Originally Posted by jeflufa
I had 2 bent front wheels, and 2 cracked rear wheels (all OEM). I replaced all 4 with OEM wheels from the dealer ... and within a year the front wheels were bent again and the rear wheels were cracked again. At this point I became convinced that the CLS55 OEM wheels are just mediocre built wheels that we just want to believe are great quality since they are OEM and AMG stamped! But that's just my opinion ...

So, instead of spending > $4K on another full set I decided to play with some replicas to see if they were any better, and that's when I came across Eurotech Wheels. I spoke to them a couple times on the phone and they seemed knowledgeable and familiar with the car (i.e. offset, rear concave, etc.). So for 1/4 of the cost I decided to test out a new set, with the thought that I could always use them as emergency replacements. A couple things to note:

1) The wheels are approx. 5mm-6mm higher than factory offsets, so while they will fit, they fit closer to the inside on the car (i.e. less aggressive fit).

2) A lot of the factories overseas use the same manufacturing standards, etc. and sometimes production quality is just hit or miss.

3) Not all their wheels are stamped with the AMG logo. You have to make sure you ask because they have some that are stamped and some that aren’t.

4) They (that are stamped) look exactly like the OEM wheels, seriously.

I also replaced all 4 tires at the same time. I used Discount Tire since they had a local shop, and because they will help diagnose any problem you have when you purchase tires from them … and it’s free no matter how many visits.

Well this service turned out to be very useful because there were vibration issues from the beginning that seem to be coming from the front wheels/tires. While the rim wasn't purchased from Discount Tire they actually made it their responsibility to correct the problem. They assured me that the wheels were new and true, and verified it with run-out specs from both of their balance methods (i.e. regular and road force). I started covering all possible factors: Discount Tire for tires, Eurotech Wheels for wheels, and the Dealer for suspension and alignment. The dealer (free of charge) replaced the ball joints and bearings, and thoroughly inspected the suspension and alignment. The tire shop brought in 4 new tires, and re-balanced the wheels on 5 different occasions. The result was the same vibration issues.

I was preparing to return the wheels to Eurotech and had spoken to them on the phone and provided updated re: all the vibration issues. While they didn’t seem convinced it were the wheels, they seemed OK with having them returned (like they had a choice!).

In the mean time I had my other bent/cracked OEM wheels repaired in anticipation of returning the Eurotech wheels. During that time I had a service appointment at the dealer and they noticed that my motor mounts were worn down and close to “collapsed” … so they replace them. Interestingly enough, the vibration issues were gone when the car was returned.

I have since put the repaired OEM wheels them back on the car after 9 months of use, because I didn’t like the (less aggressive) look of the replicas, especially the rear concave … and all is still fine.

Moral of the story: IMHO I think the replicas are built just as good as OEM, which is mediocre at best! I couldn't tell you what really caused the vibration issues (replica wheel, original tires, engine mounts, suspension, etc.), but I learned not to focus only on the tires and wheel, but instead focus on all the components working together.

Just wanted to share my experience in hopes that it helps someone out there ...
How did you bend and crack so many wheels? Do you hit speed bumps and **** going like 45 haha. Ive only heard of that happening to people who either A: live in some f***d up part of the world where the roads are non exsistant, or B: the gas pedal is more interesting than the breaks over bumps and curbs.

Do you guys have any recommendations for good quality replica wheels? I know there are some really crapy and unsafe ones made and I want to avoid those. I was looking into a set of Monarch Euro 63rs wheels and realized that the real Euro 63 wheels are actually made by a wheel company called Monarch. Most of the "Monarch Euro 63rs" wheels for sale just use the Monarch name but are knockoffs of Monarch, which is a knockoff of AMG.. haha Does anyone know about the quality of the actual Monarch brand? I want to trade my Gianelle 20's for a set of AMG wheels but it makes no since that people are selling their AMG wheels for 2500-3000 in some cases. Thats a huge rip. My Gianelle's were 24000 and are alot more unique and classy than AMG. 3 months after I bought them I took them off because I was an idiot and should have got black wheels not chrome.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E500 "The Diplomat" W211
Question Euro Optional AMG Replicas? Speed Vision Motorsports? Anyone know these companies?

I was just looking online and came across a company called "Speed Vision Motorsport" out of Glendale California http://www.speedvisionmotorsport.com/index.php/. They have a good selection of AMG Reps and high end luxury wheels for sale.

Through their website I was transfered to a company called "Euro Optionals" who I am guessing manufacture the wheels? http://www.eurooptionals.com/.

I couldnt find any information on either of these companies on the forums so I would like some advise. Has anyone used them? Their prices for AMG reps are over 2x the price of most reps on ebay and other websites so I hope that means they are actually pretty quality. Thanks for the help! - REX