C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Gruppe M RAM air intake kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 08:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cls63 AMG
Thumbs up Gruppe M RAM air intake kit

Hey guys, this is my first thread in our CLS forum. I've been reading other members' threads and asking questions for a while but never started anything myself. Well, here we go, I am pretty sure that some people have already seen this. Yes, the Gruppe M Ram intake designed for c63.
http://gruppem.co.jp/news/newsen/cat.../item_173.html
Exotic, isn't it? I think GruppeM has done a pretty good job for the C63 although maybe not as beautiful as what they have done for the M3 and RS4.
I guess it is the first time Gruppe M has a touch on the AMG 63 series. They claim a 15hp increase over the stock intake. It's darn expensive but to be honest, I am jealoused that our little brother C just got all the love. It has all the gadgets and parts to play with while we have very limited options.

Why can't those people at Gruppe M design something for our CLS or the E class for god's sake? That doesn't cost them much to do, as they already got the experience from designing the C class intake. Or is it just because the market segment of CLS63 or E63 are just not as attractive in their eyes? What you think guys?

Last edited by toniboi; 06-11-2010 at 09:02 PM.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cls 55 or FIAT Coupe T20v-6speed
good info

indeed they already made a bigger intake system for E/CLS 55
don't know if they still carry it but if you use the search button here, you'll find it.

unfortunately it was expensive the same, even if it is possible to find something copied/along that same style, but without this new front intake from the front grille.
I think this is what people installing bigger TBs should look for ... and not only them..

this new ram system for the C-series is indeed quite along the line of Brabus ...

good gains, consideing that's without ecu mod

even if those are not Wheel HP !

thanks again for this finding
Old 06-12-2010, 08:14 PM

Cls63 AMG
Hey dyno, you are more than welcome. They still make those intakes for E/CLS 55. But C class is the only AMG 63 model to get the toy.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cls 55 or FIAT Coupe T20v-6speed
Originally Posted by toniboi
Hey dyno, you are more than welcome. They still make those intakes for E/CLS 55. But C class is the only AMG 63 model to get the toy.
I understand that
imo, that toy would usefully apply (as an addition or as an alternative) to their intake for 55 engines because restrictrion is in the opening at the front .. while this new system finally has some really big openings
63 engines have better intake openings than 55s but, if you go for heavy enough mods, this thing will be a must ... and will obviously show a much better improvement than it shows on a stock engine as they tested ..

yes, to fit into a cls 63 or 55, it should be modded or custom made .. and still would be cheaper.
I dream something like that (or Brabus W212 style) going together with the installation of top SLR coolers

Last edited by dyno; 06-13-2010 at 05:41 AM.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:42 PM

Cls63 AMG
Originally Posted by dyno
I understand that
imo, that toy would usefully apply (as an addition or as an alternative) to their intake for 55 engines because restrictrion is in the opening at the front .. while this new system finally has some really big openings
63 engines have better intake openings than 55s but, if you go for heavy enough mods, this thing will be a must ... and will obviously show a much better improvement than it shows on a stock engine as they tested ..

yes, to fit into a cls 63 or 55, it should be modded or custom made .. and still would be cheaper.
I dream something like that (or Brabus W212 style) going together with the installation of top SLR coolers
Yeah the big front induction opening is something catches my eyes first, I was lik OMG that should be potent enough to draw in all the air the engine needs. At least much better than those tiny intake pipes equipped on the stock engine.
Top SLR coolers sounds evil, LoL.
Old 06-11-2011, 05:57 AM

C63
Hi guys I am a newbe so excuse the milk smell

I have just purchased a c63 2009 build with a gruppeM air ram intake. I have a question, underneath the steering wheel is a small black box fitted with a green light that I can press and switch to red or off totally, can someone explain what this is used for? It is has a wire obviously feeding to the engine bay. I have tried to email grouppem directly but they fail to answer?

Thanks
Old 06-11-2011, 08:37 AM

CLS 63 AMG C218, Lamborghini LP560
Hi guys..

just to know, how much is "expensive" for the m intake ?
do you have any numbers please :-) ?
thanks
Old 06-11-2011, 08:43 AM

CLS 63 AMG C218, Lamborghini LP560
ok just found it

248,000YEN...its about 3000 usd
Old 06-11-2011, 11:36 AM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
2016 E550 Cab & 2011 GL 550 & 09 VROD Muscle & 06 Seadoo Speedster LE .......
Originally Posted by Vxxc63
Hi guys I am a newbe so excuse the milk smell

I have just purchased a c63 2009 build with a gruppeM air ram intake. I have a question, underneath the steering wheel is a small black box fitted with a green light that I can press and switch to red or off totally, can someone explain what this is used for? It is has a wire obviously feeding to the engine bay. I have tried to email grouppem directly but they fail to answer?

Thanks
Its a Sprint Booster.............already installed in you car helps with Drag on the Throttle for pick up.......hope that helps...