opinion: purchasing a cls55/63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 07:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 m3
opinion: purchasing a cls55/63

hello guys,

i'm in the market for a cls55/63. since the new CLS models are coming out soon, will the price drop even more when the new models hit the road?

i've came across some CLS55 with less than 30,000 miles. given that it is a 5 year old car, would it still have a high resale value when i sell it 4 years down the road? meaning would a higher asking price in the future even make sense for a approx. 9 year old car with low miles?

based on this perspective, what's your opinion on getting a 07-08 CLS63 model in the 40,000 miles range instead if the depreciation may be less than an 06 model? i will have a wider range of selection if i choose to go with a CLS63.

any feedback would be great!
Old 01-24-2011, 03:30 PM

2006 CLS 55, 2005 Infiniti QX56, 1994 Softail Springer
Originally Posted by alanm3sf
hello guys,

i'm in the market for a cls55/63. since the new CLS models are coming out soon, will the price drop even more when the new models hit the road?

i've came across some CLS55 with less than 30,000 miles. given that it is a 5 year old car, would it still have a high resale value when i sell it 4 years down the road? meaning would a higher asking price in the future even make sense for a approx. 9 year old car with low miles?

based on this perspective, what's your opinion on getting a 07-08 CLS63 model in the 40,000 miles range instead if the depreciation may be less than an 06 model? i will have a wider range of selection if i choose to go with a CLS63.

any feedback would be great!
Since you asked for opinions, mine is buy whatever you want because it will make you most happy. If you're looking for a financial investment don't buy a car. First, odds are it will depreciate and do so rapidly. Second, all cars and especially AMGs will suck a lot of money out of you to maintain and enjoy them. Therefore, when it comes to cars don't worry about what it will be worth in five years. The one thing that has been proven is that the higher gas prices go the lower gas guzzlers are worth. Who knows where the price of gasoline will be in five years?

If you read the boards it sounds like 55s are a little easier to modify than 63s. If you'll be happy with stock go with a 63. If you love tinkering with mods go the 55 route. Either way you're buying a car that will turn heads and hopefully put a smile on your face every time you step on the accelerator!
Old 01-24-2011, 05:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'13 GT-R AMS Alpha 9+, CLA45, E55
Originally Posted by TraumaDude
Since you asked for opinions, mine is buy whatever you want because it will make you most happy. If you're looking for a financial investment don't buy a car. First, odds are it will depreciate and do so rapidly. Second, all cars and especially AMGs will suck a lot of money out of you to maintain and enjoy them. Therefore, when it comes to cars don't worry about what it will be worth in five years. The one thing that has been proven is that the higher gas prices go the lower gas guzzlers are worth. Who knows where the price of gasoline will be in five years?

If you read the boards it sounds like 55s are a little easier to modify than 63s. If you'll be happy with stock go with a 63. If you love tinkering with mods go the 55 route. Either way you're buying a car that will turn heads and hopefully put a smile on your face every time you step on the accelerator!
This man knows what's up.

Questions like how is gas milage, how much to maintain, how will it hold value etc are questions that really make me wonder why anyone would want to own these cars. They are expensive in every category, plain and simple.

The value of these cars can only be priced by your own happiness to drive something that looks just as great as it performs.

That being said, I think you will find a used 63 will suit what you want. Less moving parts to maintain and the sound is so intoxicating.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:10 PM

2004 m3
thank you guys! you guys are all right, happiness is more important.

having said that, i just purchased my CLS63 yesterday. very happy with the purchase, absolutely no regrets.

Originally Posted by tgoss
This man knows what's up.

Questions like how is gas milage, how much to maintain, how will it hold value etc are questions that really make me wonder why anyone would want to own these cars. They are expensive in every category, plain and simple.

The value of these cars can only be priced by your own happiness to drive something that looks just as great as it performs.

That being said, I think you will find a used 63 will suit what you want. Less moving parts to maintain and the sound is so intoxicating.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:25 AM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
---

having said that, i just purchased my CLS63 yesterday. very happy with the purchase, absolutely no regrets.
Congrats on the purchase. I'm sure you're gonna love your new car. That being said, post some pics already!
Old 01-25-2011, 08:30 AM

2006 CLS 55, 2005 Infiniti QX56, 1994 Softail Springer

Hope you enjoy every day of ownership!
Old 01-25-2011, 09:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 CLS63 AMG 030
Your going to love it!

Trending Topics

Old 01-26-2011, 11:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'13 GT-R AMS Alpha 9+, CLA45, E55
Congrats man! Now like they always say, this thread is now completely worthless without some pics of your new girlfriend