C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

DONT GO TO SOUTH ATL MBZ!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 01:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W219 CLS63
Angry DONT GO TO SOUTH ATL MBZ!

I went to get my emissions done on my car and I would just like to say how HORRIBLE my last two experiences have been with this dealer. They DON'T give a CRAP about their customers unless you are buying a new car. I waited about 10 minutes before someone attended me and asked me what I wanted to do. They weren't even half busy. The guy came after me another 10 minutes later an asked me AGAIN what I wanted. And after that I waited an entire HOUR for my car. They said washing the at took time and I can understand that. But a GOOD wash takes an hour, they half assed the wash gave me back a water spotted car and then afterwards made me wait another 20 minutes standing around waiting for my keys. It was unacceptable. The last time I went to get my service done on the car they didn't check everything because after about a minute of driving my tire pressure warning came on... Wow. And after I sent both the person who attended me and his manager in a PROPER and polite way I never got an email back.

I will not be going to this dealer again for any of my services or anything else for my car anymore.

This is just a heads up to anyone in the ATL area.

This dealer sucks.

Ps- sorry if my grammar isn't too good, I'm on my phone.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 porsche 996 turbo
just take your car to buckhead imports. they will treat you like you want AND take care of your car
Old 08-07-2012, 10:24 AM

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
CLS550 AMG Pkg.
IMO if those two guys you e-mailed did not respond to your concerts, just keep escalating, the general manager should be next. These people are in a customer-facing environment and from what you are saying the way that they do business is unacceptable. They wash your car and leave WATER SPOTS? come on, then what kind of a service are you paying for?
Old 08-07-2012, 10:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55
Sux u had such a horrible experience. I learned throughout years of owning different cars to never take my car to dealership for anything. My CLS saw the dealership once and that was the day I had the previous owner meet me at a Benz dealrship in Dallas to get the car inspected before I bought it from him. From then on it's only been worked on by an MB indie mechanic. From now on just take it to an indie. As someone said earlier, just take it to Buckhead Imports. They specialize in AMG and performance/maintenance.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:07 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
06 CLS55 & 2011 G55
thanks for letting us know. You should write reviews on Yelp.com and google places to let the world know.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
I only go to the dealer for warranty work.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by AmmarYasirA
I went to get my emissions done on my car and I would just like to say how HORRIBLE my last two experiences have been with this dealer. They DON'T give a CRAP about their customers unless you are buying a new car. I waited about 10 minutes before someone attended me and asked me what I wanted to do. They weren't even half busy. The guy came after me another 10 minutes later an asked me AGAIN what I wanted. And after that I waited an entire HOUR for my car. They said washing the at took time and I can understand that. But a GOOD wash takes an hour, they half assed the wash gave me back a water spotted car and then afterwards made me wait another 20 minutes standing around waiting for my keys. It was unacceptable. The last time I went to get my service done on the car they didn't check everything because after about a minute of driving my tire pressure warning came on... Wow. And after I sent both the person who attended me and his manager in a PROPER and polite way I never got an email back.

I will not be going to this dealer again for any of my services or anything else for my car anymore.

This dealer sucks.

You must have missed my posts and rants I put up Atl MB dealers. MB South Atlanta has a long standing record of overcharging, poor service, and has changed ownership and management (so they said) over the years.

Oh I complained to the SA, SM, via phone, email, and in person. Just a recap:

Overcharged $250 for a front brake job on the R. Called out management on it, got a refund of $200.

Next, on a brake job for the CLS they changed the price by $100 because I have SBC. NO other dealer in GA charges more for SBC. Called them on it again.

Finally, when asking about a transmission service they were about $210 higher than any other dealer in GA. When I asked why they are so much higher on services and parts: "We are in the hood, that's how they do it. "WTF?

Stay away from Mercedes South. Only use them for service A when they send a coupon in the mail. Go to RBM or Buckhead Mercedes if you want to use a dealer.

Yes, most of the work is done by indy's but some things such as transmission service warranty work, and when specials come up I get routine services done at the dealer. Nothing else.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:15 PM

W219 CLS63
Thanks for the responses guys.
Oh, and just to add, they told me they would only put the battery in for the SLS parked inside when a potential buyer walked through the door.... Some times you can tell when some individuals are wealthy, and other times they look like hobo's.... I hope they encounter someone like that.

I was thinking about going to MB of Buckhead as well, but the only reason I went to South ATL was because they were a tad closer... Im assuming at Buckhead they treat you much better since they deal with higher end customers because the South ATL dealer is in the ghetto.

But you guys also mentioned Buckhead imports... What do you guys think and what is the difference between The MBZ dealer in Buckhead and Buckhead imports?

I really want to go to a GOOD dealer the next time.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Oh, and just to add, they told me they would only put the battery in for the SLS parked inside when a potential buyer walked through the door.... Some times you can tell when some individuals are wealthy, and other times they look like hobo's.... I hope they encounter someone like that.

I was thinking about going to MB of Buckhead as well, but the only reason I went to South ATL was because they were a tad closer... Im assuming at Buckhead they treat you much better since they deal with higher end customers because the South ATL dealer is in the ghetto.

But you guys also mentioned Buckhead imports... What do you guys think and what is the difference between The MBZ dealer in Buckhead and Buckhead imports?

MBZ Buckhead is a dealer, owned by the Baranco's no more no less. They are decent, have a performance arm for tuning, but they are not cheap. One thing that sets them apart, they do the A service for $99. Their prices are in line with RBM so to speak.

Buckhead Imports is a indy shop, so prices will be better even using OEM/OES parts not to mention they do tuning. The service is good, they have a good reputation in Atl. I would probably opt for Buckhead Imports. I use another Indy in Riverdale/Fayetteville area, JB Imports owned by Jae Bang. Good service, great prices.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 Kleeman; CLS63 Renntech; Kirkham 427S/C; 308 GTB; 911T 3.0 911 cab 3.6
Kevin Ingold at the Perfomanc Division of MB Buckhead is the man. Very responsive, great (really great) service, knowledg follow-through and follow-up. It's great to have a performance shop in an official MB dealership. He can also help with new car sales.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:00 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,355 Likes on 2,809 Posts
2012 CLS63
yesterday I took my 550 in because some of the speakers were out......

there were literally 6 guys standing around my car.........while it idled for 10 minutes!!!!!!
I asked my SA why the hell they were wasting my damn gasoline!

at my dealer they have a screen in the waiting room that you can use to watch in the shop..........but they don't care.............
Old 08-10-2012, 08:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL63
Originally Posted by hyperion667
yesterday I took my 550 in because some of the speakers were out......

there were literally 6 guys standing around my car.........while it idled for 10 minutes!!!!!!
I asked my SA why the hell they were wasting my damn gasoline!

at my dealer they have a screen in the waiting room that you can use to watch in the shop..........but they don't care.............
Sound like an exciting day in your world....
Old 08-10-2012, 10:46 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,355 Likes on 2,809 Posts
2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by turbotom1
Sound like an exciting day in your world....
lol
Old 08-10-2012, 11:37 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E55 AMG on Ethanol-Meth; 600rwhp BMW M5

We would be glad to help with any of your needs, whether it is regular maintenance, or performance orientated. We have two shops, one in Buckhead, and our performance shop in Smyrna/Vinings area.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:24 PM
alx
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 247 Likes on 213 Posts

This dealer sucks.

just write them a bad yelp review. works most of the time.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by BI-Performance
We would be glad to help with any of your needs, whether it is regular maintenance, or performance orientated. We have two shops, one in Buckhead, and our performance shop in Smyrna/Vinings area.
I called yesterday, bringing one of the cars over to get rough idle checked. Giving BI a go at it, seemed really professional and took the time to answer my questions.

Old 08-10-2012, 04:11 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Good deal, we will take care of you.

Are you going to our Buckhead or Smyrna location?
Old 08-10-2012, 04:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by BI-Performance
Good deal, we will take care of you.

Are you going to our Buckhead or Smyrna location?
The Smyrna location was the one that called me back, I think I will go there. I also inquired about a possible tune on my CLS as well. Before I get a MAF, I thought it may be best to get it on a diag to make sure that is the issue.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:47 AM

W219 CLS63
Sounds like you kids know what y'all are doing. I'll be sure to check you guys out next time I need anything for my ride.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
Originally Posted by bigben320e
One thing that sets them apart, they do the A service for $99.
OMG The price! I really need to find a good indy around my area. I wonder where I can find info on that.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:38 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Sounds like you kids know what y'all are doing. I'll be sure to check you guys out next time I need anything for my ride.
We would be glad to be of service, whether it is maintenance or fueling your performance needs