C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

What is immediate delivery of a CLS 55 worth?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 11:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E55
What is immediate delivery of a CLS 55 worth?

expected in February. not sure if the wife will like it - can I get over list for it? if so how much?
Old 01-21-2005, 11:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SL65, E55T, Pending S65
How about MSRP?
Old 01-21-2005, 12:08 PM

something fast
Depends on color and options, dealers will be asking $10-$15,000(maybe more in cali, south florida and other high wealth areas). If you want a quick sale I would say $5-$7,000 over, but you should advertise the car extensively, who knows you could get $10-15k. I would not be too greedy sometimes the market shifts overnight and you are left holding the bag. Start advertising now and you should have a buyer by the time the car comes in.
Old 01-21-2005, 02:56 PM

2012 Diavel
Be serious!

This is going to be one beautiful car but please, only a fool would pay over retail. In 5 days this clown has had no hits
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...sPageName=WDVW

Either buy because you want it or pass. Paying over retail for any new car is throwing money away.
Old 01-21-2005, 11:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
E 63S Wagon Renntech, E55 Renntech, SL65, SL 55 030, ML, bunch of old ones--they come, they go...
I'm afraid you're...

dreaming. There are going to be cars available. It's not going to be like a C class, but there are already plenty of cars shipped and on the ground. I know that one metro ATL dealer has received no less than 6 cars this week. It's just another example of your friends at DC/MBUSA trying to drive units. Too damn much product on the ground!
Old 01-22-2005, 01:07 AM

something fast
Originally Posted by allenjdmb
dreaming. There are going to be cars available. It's not going to be like a C class, but there are already plenty of cars shipped and on the ground. I know that one metro ATL dealer has received no less than 6 cars this week. It's just another example of your friends at DC/MBUSA trying to drive units. Too damn much product on the ground!

According to whom? there is a two year wait list for the CLS 55. Yes, the CLS 500 will be readily available, but even those cars will be in tight supply early on. The Atl dealer you are speaking of told you they have 6 CLS 55's? They were probably talking about CLS 500s. The CLS 55's won't be released for two to three more weeks. Most dealers are only getting 1-2 CLS 55's a month early on and they are already pre-sold.
Old 01-22-2005, 01:15 AM

something fast
Originally Posted by amgplayer
This is going to be one beautiful car but please, only a fool would pay over retail. In 5 days this clown has had no hits
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...sPageName=WDVW

Either buy because you want it or pass. Paying over retail for any new car is throwing money away.
So then you would rather wait two years to get a car? Some people do not like to wait and they feel paying a premium to get something now is worth it. These cars are very expensive, the average american could not afford it. Most of the people who can afford these cars have to work to pay for them, and they don't have time to keep up with what car is coming out and when to put a deposit down so they can pay msrp when it comes out. They normally see one on the road or at the dealer and they are told there is a long wait, but if they would like to pay a premium to get one now they could drive the car today. That makes sense to enough people who's time is worth money.
Old 01-22-2005, 09:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL65, E55T, Pending S65
The reason you are geeting a bunch of flak is that most of the people on this board will not pay more than MSRP for their cars.

I have no doubt that there are people out there that pay over sticker for cars. Take in point the 750K SLR.

My take is that it has turned into a big game with many people thinking they can order these cars really early and then flip them to make some money never intending to keep the cars.

All this does it hurt the enthusiasts that really want the cars because they end up being so far down the list. Can't blame people from trying to make a buck.

With that said let this be a lesson to all, get on the list early and you will both pay MSRP and get your car early.
Old 01-22-2005, 09:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
The thing that I don't get is "not sure if my wife will like it". Is the car for her? If not, what's the difference. My wife has her car and I have mine. Don't really care if she likes it or not. If it were a stick and she can't drive it, that's a different story.
Old 01-22-2005, 09:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
E 63S Wagon Renntech, E55 Renntech, SL65, SL 55 030, ML, bunch of old ones--they come, they go...
Just for clarification, I didn't say....

that the delaer received 6 55's. I said 6 cars. As there are no 55's on the ground yet, they would have to be 500's. But don't you worry, MB will have 55's on the ground soon, and at a rate that's sure to overpopulate.
Old 01-23-2005, 11:15 PM

2005 Brilliant Silver E55
Actually, the CLS55 was already delivered (pre sold of course) to a local dealer here. The customer nor the dealer was given the options to spec the car, they got it as is per say.

As for the CLS55, I think 2 year wait list is a bit optimistic. I'm on the list and my car is scheduled to be delivered to me in March with an early Feb build.
Old 01-23-2005, 11:45 PM

sl and M-class E320 4Matic SLK350
Interesting question

Unfortunately we really do not know yet whether MBUSA will be oversupplying the CLS55 or not. I recall when the SL55 first came out it seemed there were representations of 2 year waiting lists as well. However, it was only a matter of months before one could locate one for MSRP. I know my local dealer had his first one sitting on his showroom floor for close to 6 months with a 20 thousand premium during which time a local buyer offered MSRP, was turned down and he simply picked one up from a volume dealer in another state at MSRP. In that time frame he could have sold the one he had and likely have been resupplied another. I understand that the local dealer eventually sold it for a little over MSRP but nothing close to the premium he was initially demanding.

THe CLS55 is somewhat of an enigma though. It is a stunningly beautiful car but so is the CLS500. Both appear to be maxed out price wise to begin with so it is going to be hard for potential customers to justify adding a premium. Paying close to 100,000 for an E Class is a tough enough pill to swallow as it is.

Last edited by northbenz; 01-23-2005 at 11:55 PM.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL65, E55T, Pending S65
What dealer has a CLS55 in the US? Sounds fishy as the price has not been set, nor is it in the DMV system yet. No way to register the car.....

Hmmmmm
Old 01-24-2005, 02:41 PM

E500
We have a Silver CLS55 coming on Jan , 28th
Old 01-24-2005, 06:22 PM

2005 Brilliant Silver E55
Originally Posted by Schiznick
What dealer has a CLS55 in the US? Sounds fishy as the price has not been set, nor is it in the DMV system yet. No way to register the car.....

Hmmmmm

American Service Center in Alexandria, VA got it it or it's coming in late Jan (I'm can't remember which). I saw it on their computer screen with a Jan delivery and it had CLS55 and it was not a typo since the sales guy had the paperwork already.
Old 01-27-2005, 01:56 AM

Schiznick
You are dead on right about the issues concerning the bidding war. I just went through that crap on the new Ferrari F430. The good thing is that they are doing a SERIOIUS screening to order one of these. All prior Ferrari owners will get priority and will "bump" non previous owners out of their slot. Goot for us with the long resume in car buying. Bad for the entusiast that will actually own/operate one of these and it is their first Ferrari order. But they had to do it cause everyone and their Grandma was buying up Ferrari 360's like it was Google's IPO when it first launched and making 100K over sticker.
I say this because I've had to pay a premium before. Now I'll never pay a premium because the dealer knows I'll be back to buy another car. Heck the owner used to get all the niche cars first for himself as demo. Now I get them, and he wont even ask to bump me becauase I'm his golden boy!