Thinking of giving up my CLS55 spot.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 01:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 140 Likes on 107 Posts
ML350
Thinking of giving up my CLS55 spot.

Just wanted to think out loud and wondering if maybe i should hold off until the new SL comes out. I think ill be placing an ad on ebay but i wanted to gauge interest here first. My CLS55 arrived and is in port and should be delivered in about 7-10 days.

Flamers feel free to torch me. :v

T
Old 02-04-2005, 01:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
something fast
What color and options is your car?
Old 02-04-2005, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML350
white exterior with beige interior....no options that i know of except the bigger wheels. The price of being the 1st car in the state i guess.

T
Old 02-04-2005, 06:01 PM

2004 Dodge Viper Mamba Edition - White
Originally Posted by Doctodd33
Just wanted to think out loud and wondering if maybe i should hold off until the new SL comes out. I think ill be placing an ad on ebay but i wanted to gauge interest here first. My CLS55 arrived and is in port and should be delivered in about 7-10 days.

Flamers feel free to torch me. :v

T
If you are really flipping the car because you are waiting for the new SL, I wouldn't if I were you. The SL that you are thinking of will only have a MINOR facelift on the front bumper in 2006. However, the new SL will not come out for another 3-4 years. If you want to wait that long, I guess that is fine with me. But if I were in your case, I would probably drive the new CLS 55 AMG for a few years and then get the true new body SL.

In the other hand, if you want to flip the car to make some quick money, go for it. You will certainly get more than the MSRP for your car as long as it is a real car and the dealer that you ordered the car with sells you the car at MSRP and doesn't screw you by selling it to someone else who is willing to pay more than the MSRP!

Last edited by NelsonExotics; 02-04-2005 at 06:04 PM.
Old 02-04-2005, 09:35 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2007 CL600
Originally Posted by NelsonExotics
If you are really flipping the car because you are waiting for the new SL, I wouldn't if I were you. The SL that you are thinking of will only have a MINOR facelift on the front bumper in 2006. However, the new SL will not come out for another 3-4 years. If you want to wait that long, I guess that is fine with me. But if I were in your case, I would probably drive the new CLS 55 AMG for a few years and then get the true new body SL.

In the other hand, if you want to flip the car to make some quick money, go for it. You will certainly get more than the MSRP for your car as long as it is a real car and the dealer that you ordered the car with sells you the car at MSRP and doesn't screw you by selling it to someone else who is willing to pay more than the MSRP!
Why not just get the SL? If you don't need four doors or a trunk and money is not the issue, then go for the SL over the CLS55 and you'll not be mistaken for a standard issue grocery getter (instead of a grocery getter with a big motor)
Old 02-04-2005, 10:30 PM

*sigh* Wildcat is on every CLS forum just ******* this car...lol. Man - what happened to make you so bitter? Some dealer screw you and take your place in line for it?

Your favorite word of the day is "grocery getter" yet you drive a lolipop red SL??? I don't go around calling your car "the ultimate 40-year old MILF car" or the "my wife made me get it" car. Shame on you...lol. Go back to the SL forums where you're an outcast and leave the CLS people alone - To anyone reading this, you have to read this guy's post in the CLS forum titled "A Piece of Crap".

My advice Wildcat - Trade in that SL for an SLK and spend the difference you get back on self-esteem counseling for your insecurities and secret infatuation with the car you feel you're too old to drive. Now that would be money well spent.
Old 02-05-2005, 09:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML350
owned......hey wildcat, read my sig and you will see that i already have an SL55.

I think ill just flip the CLS after a bit cuz i have some bigger expenses coming along for my office and i need the $$$ space. But i dont want to leave my sales guy hanging so that is why i am not going to just drop the car. I was thinking about selling my spot but he told me that it has to be titled to someone in the same county.

T

Trending Topics

Old 02-05-2005, 11:57 AM

2007 CL600
Originally Posted by john87699
*sigh* Wildcat is on every CLS forum just ******* this car...lol. Man - what happened to make you so bitter? Some dealer screw you and take your place in line for it?

Your favorite word of the day is "grocery getter" yet you drive a lolipop red SL??? I don't go around calling your car "the ultimate 40-year old MILF car" or the "my wife made me get it" car. Shame on you...lol. Go back to the SL forums where you're an outcast and leave the CLS people alone - To anyone reading this, you have to read this guy's post in the CLS forum titled "A Piece of Crap".

My advice Wildcat - Trade in that SL for an SLK and spend the difference you get back on self-esteem counseling for your insecurities and secret infatuation with the car you feel you're too old to drive. Now that would be money well spent.

Lollipop. That's good. Why do you attack me personally? I thought were were discussing the merits of MBs.

Bitter? If that was my tone, then it was not intended. I'm just having a discussion.

Uh, what did I say that was not true? As I said, I actually like the way the CLS looks. The CLS55 is probably a nice balance between a sports car and a family sedan--I'm sure the CLS55 kicks butt; however, to non-MB experts enthusiasts, it's viewed as a regular 4-door benz, like the standard issue CLS. I make a distinction bewteen the CLS and the CLS55. My problem with the CLS 500 is that my impression of it is that it does not live up to the hype AND it's pricey for what you get (or don't get for that matter). I'm sure that the AMG version will be as exciting as other AMG vehicles. Why are you trying to discount my expereince with the 500? I only gave my impression based on my expectation. Perhaps I expected too much from a $70k car. I just don't think the 500 is a good value. The 55, I suspect is a better value for me, although it'll be more money. If the car is all it's cracked up to be, i.e. the 55, then I plan to purchase one for my Dad for his 60th birthday--I've even placed a deposit. He loves the way it looks, but I also want him to have some fun that I did not experience in the CLS 500.

Also, you can call my car "the ultimate 40-year old MILF car" (that's probably accurate for some) or the "car my wife made me get" (although she's quite capable of getting her own). The fact of the matter is that the SL600 is everything that it claims to be. Forgive me, I hate to get off topic, but, people keep trying to sling mud at me and my "lollipop" and my CL becuase I have an opinion.

If you love what you drive, the why do you care about my opinion? Also, for those of your reading, I do encourage you to read the thread I started, "A Piece of Crap" in the CLS section. Drive the CLS500 1st and then comment.

Last edited by WIldcat465; 02-05-2005 at 12:03 PM.
Old 02-05-2005, 12:12 PM

2007 CL600
owned......hey wildcat, read my sig and you will see that i already have an SL55.

I think ill just flip the CLS after a bit cuz i have some bigger expenses coming along for my office and i need the $$$ space. But i dont want to leave my sales guy hanging so that is why i am not going to just drop the car. I was thinking about selling my spot but he told me that it has to be titled to someone in the same county.

T
If you can make a profit, then flip it.

If you have the SL55, then I've found it good to have another car with a back seat. For me, sometimes the SL feels cramped. I'm interested to read your impressions of the car once you get it. I'm on the list at two dealers for the CLS55 (just to be sure that I'll have one ready for my Dad's birthday) so I'm eager to hear about 1st drives. Keep us posted.

By the way, I see you have an X5. I traded mine for the 600 and I regret not keeping it. I loved that BMW. You may not need the CLS after all.

Last edited by WIldcat465; 02-05-2005 at 12:15 PM.
Old 02-05-2005, 09:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML350
Today I decided to trade in my SL55 for the CLS55 since i think it will be easy to sell here in Florida. PM me if anyone interested in buying my CLS55 with no waiting. Asking $95,000 and dont pay any sales tax cuz im a private seller.

T

Last edited by Doctodd33; 02-05-2005 at 09:28 PM.
Old 02-05-2005, 09:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML350
Wildcat...i love my X5. But most of all i feel safe in it. It is my daily driver. Plus i pull my boat with it on the weekends.

T
Old 02-05-2005, 09:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2018 Mclaren 720s, 2021 Aston Martin DBX
Today I decided to trade in my SL55 for the CLS55 since i think it will be easy to sell here in Florida. PM me if anyone interested in buying my CLS55 with no waiting. Asking $95,000 and dont pay any sales tax cuz im a private seller.

T
If you sell the car in Florida, the buyer will pay the full sales tax upon getting a FL title unless you say it was a gift.
Old 02-06-2005, 02:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML350
That is right....a gift from a distant cousin.

T
Old 02-06-2005, 07:54 AM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
And then Uncle Sam will get you both unless its declared. Which is worse: sales or gift taxes? Ask your accountant/lawyer.
Old 02-06-2005, 09:46 AM

2007 CL600
Wildcat...i love my X5. But most of all i feel safe in it. It is my daily driver. Plus i pull my boat with it on the weekends.

T

I was in two accidents in my X5 in which I was struck by other drivers. One guy hit me at about 45 MPH. His F150 was destroyed. Obliterated. He sould have died.

The X5 had minor damage to the rear (e.g.,mufflers, tailgate) about 6k in damage. The worst part of the accident for me was that the fuel was cut off and I could not drive away. I had to call my wife (who was in the middle of a meeting) to pick me up.

If you have to be in an accident, make it in an X5.

Good luck selling the CLS.