C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Bummed out

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 11:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG 2002, C 63 AMG 2009
Dude, "Give" it back ASAP!!!! If you decide to sell the car in the future, and you are honest with the purchaser you will inform him or her about the damage. Or if you trade it in, they will deduct money from the car.
Plus, it seems like whatever dealership you are dealing with does not care about answering your questions.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 E63
return it and walk away!!!
Old 06-16-2005, 05:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
If I were you, I would bring it to the best local shop (if your friend is a bonafide body shop, then you can go there).... make sure that only the shells of front fender and door that were replaced (not the steel beam, not the parts behind them).... also make sure that the suspension, tie rod, alignment and everything is still intact.

If that's the case (and for sure you can ask the dealer to pay for it - shouldn't be more than $1K anyway), you can then ask the dealer to repaint it to make it match and lower the price (let's say $35K?). If the dealer refuses the deal, then return it and walk away (I would still ask for a compensation, though.... waste your time, waste your energy, waste your money).

So at the end of the day, you have a perfectly fixed car and got it cheap. If you still cannot live with it, then sell it for profit

My Maxima was sideswiped when it was parked..... unfortunately, the damage was severe enough so the body shop replaced the shell but light enough so nothing behind the shell was screwed.... so if this is the case w/ your car, I don't think you need to over worry about it.
Old 06-16-2005, 08:08 PM

'05 C55 Black/Black Lighting, Premium, NAV
Originally Posted by cayo71
Tell your friend to check the overall chassis geometry, front end symmetry and frame damage. Also have him check for paint thickness, that will tell you if any body work was done in those panels and will reveal any bondo. If that is Ok then it is just a paint issue that can be resolved. The dealer should be willing to pay for repainting those panels and keep you happy instead of getting the car back.
Again, if everything that I mentioned above is Ok and the dealer pays for repainting those panels it is still a good deal.
Anyway, I feel your pain..
Wouldn't they have done this when the car was certified? My understanding is that it can not be certified by Mercedes if there is structural damage. I am having the paint thickness checked tomorrow.