C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Accidents and repair

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 08:33 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Accidents and repair

Can anyone recommend and excellent bodywork shop in the greater Boston area?

A Mitsubishi Montero plowed into my C32 while I was STOPPED behind bumper to bumper traffic. My passenger (dog) and I were not at all impressed. Have a splitting headache and a stiff neck but the ol' Benz held up remarkably well. There doesn't even look like all that much damage all things considered, although I'm sure the bill won't be a cheap one. The trunk was definitely pushed in and am not sure of the structural damage to the rear of the car. The Montero looked much worse though. The grille was cracked and falling off, the bumper was cracked and the foam behind it looked in bad shape, the fog light assemblies all but popped off, etc. But if you saw my car and I told you that it was pushed forward with my foot on the brake for about three feet you'd never believe it.

Looks like I will have to postpone the sale of my CL600 until this is sorted...

Being the quasi obsessive compulsive that I am, I would want absolutely the best shop in town (who doesn't! :p ). I appreciate any experiences, places to avoid, and recommendations from the community. Thanks a lot!

In addition, given how there are no regional forums (which boggles the mind), is there a better place to post this?

Cheers
Old 06-30-2005, 11:21 PM

Black 05 C55 AMG, White 04 325ci (SOLD)
I know a perfect body shop that takes care of accidents. The guy's name is Edwin. His paint job is great. He will get the job done! only thing is he's kind of lazy so you have to keep him busy. Here is the address.

Invisible Touch, Inc.
5 YD Road
Bedford, MA 01730
781) 271-9110

Tell him that Dan sent you. I'm modding my car there these days. Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by Stickanddice
Can anyone recommend and excellent bodywork shop in the greater Boston area?

A Mitsubishi Montero plowed into my C32 while I was STOPPED behind bumper to bumper traffic. My passenger (dog) and I were not at all impressed. Have a splitting headache and a stiff neck but the ol' Benz held up remarkably well. There doesn't even look like all that much damage all things considered, although I'm sure the bill won't be a cheap one. The trunk was definitely pushed in and am not sure of the structural damage to the rear of the car. The Montero looked much worse though. The grille was cracked and falling off, the bumper was cracked and the foam behind it looked in bad shape, the fog light assemblies all but popped off, etc. But if you saw my car and I told you that it was pushed forward with my foot on the brake for about three feet you'd never believe it.

Looks like I will have to postpone the sale of my CL600 until this is sorted...

Being the quasi obsessive compulsive that I am, I would want absolutely the best shop in town (who doesn't! :p ). I appreciate any experiences, places to avoid, and recommendations from the community. Thanks a lot!

In addition, given how there are no regional forums (which boggles the mind), is there a better place to post this?

Cheers
Old 06-30-2005, 11:37 PM

My ex-cars: 03 E55,04 C32, 05 C55 ,03 E320
Heard some horrible stories from Jlee about invisible touch...

but heres another for you to consider...

Glenville Terrace Autobody
10 Glenville Terrace
Allston, MA

ask for Barry....and say Derrick sent you...he will get your car done REAL fast and i mean REALLY fast! and good job as well..

Im planning to install the underdrive pulleys there too!

its right on Harvard ave where u always hang out Dhan! =D...
Old 06-30-2005, 11:44 PM

what is it? u mind sharing? I might know the story that you are talking about. Don't you think our c55 has such a heavy steering wheel? I'm reconsidering about getting pulleys because it might get heavier..

Originally Posted by derrick_lui
Heard some horrible stories from Jlee about invisible touch...

but heres another for you to consider...

Glenville Terrace Autobody
10 Glenville Terrace
Allston, MA

ask for Barry....and say Derrick sent you...he will get your car done REAL fast and i mean REALLY fast! and good job as well..

Im planning to install the underdrive pulleys there too!

its right on Harvard ave where u always hang out Dhan! =D...
Old 06-30-2005, 11:59 PM

My ex-cars: 03 E55,04 C32, 05 C55 ,03 E320
well...you can ask Jlee for more detailed..
but he told me a few bad things..but the main thing that really caught my attention was that invisible touch....touched his car's (CLK55 i tihnk) transmission and ended up having the warranty voided! freaky eh??

and my other frd who had his car (Lexus RX330) fixed there took months!

and finally,,,i think its a little far from boston!
so thats why i like glenville a lot...they are located conveniently...and do a lot of stuff for me for free (ie. change bulbs, car washes...other simple stuff) cheap tire mounting...and occasional BBQ cookouts at his body shop!

about the steering.....IT WAS SO *******G TIGHT WHEN I FIRST GOT THE CAR! MAN...it still feels soooo tight that im starting to grow muscle!
you think the underdrive pulley will make it worst??

whats your MSN or AIM..??????

Last edited by derrick_lui; 07-01-2005 at 12:01 AM.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:29 AM

when I installed Evo pulley kit to my 3 series, the handling was heavier and the same went for jlee when he had it installed to his clk55. I can't imagine c55's steering wheel getting heavier.. I think the brake is hard, too. I'm growing muscle on my calves..
Old 07-01-2005, 12:46 AM

pm sent to you derrick.

Trending Topics

Old 07-03-2005, 03:04 AM
Almost a Member!

Thanks guys!

Sorry for the delayed response. I've been pretty busy last couple of days. Will definitely check out the places you guys mentioned!

Cheers