Classy & Clean...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 12:27 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 C32 AMG 05 E55 AMG
Classy & Clean...

ok so after all the problems initially with the dealership..and all the complaining..i STILL love my car..I keep telling myself...stay stock..stay stock..but something inside wants more speed..and a few minor cosmetic enhancements. Nothing too major, so I was thinking...
Renntech Pulley
Tein Coilovers
C55 Trunk Spoiler
Clear Corners
Possible HREs (It'll prob be a waste since I have this reputation for curbing wheels!)

So many decisions...I also though that I'd sport Walds stuff for my friend...then I thought 2 Brabus beauties would be nice...any recommendations..I want a classy clean looking car
Old 11-03-2005, 10:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK500/Range Rover HSE/E55 AMG/Bmw 328Xi coupe/BMW 4.8x/Bmw 335i/GS350/Audi S5/E350
Keep it stock looking. Lower it with some Tein CO's and go 19. HRE's are nice..... Chip and Pulley will give you some more HP.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:33 PM

'03 C32 Black
Check out EvoSports power packages too. I hear good things and lots of bang for your buck.
Old 11-03-2005, 01:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
Originally Posted by doubleU211
ok so after all the problems initially with the dealership..and all the complaining..i STILL love my car..I keep telling myself...stay stock..stay stock..but something inside wants more speed..and a few minor cosmetic enhancements. Nothing too major, so I was thinking...
Renntech Pulley
Tein Coilovers
C55 Trunk Spoiler
Clear Corners
Possible HREs (It'll prob be a waste since I have this reputation for curbing wheels!)

So many decisions...I also though that I'd sport Walds stuff for my friend...then I thought 2 Brabus beauties would be nice...any recommendations..I want a classy clean looking car
i say you do those mods.... thats the proper way to hook up a C32!! if you get the RENNTech pulley kit, you should look into doing the whole stage I ECU and Pulley package... the car's throttle response is so much more predictable after the ECU reflash!!!
Old 11-03-2005, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by BenzoAMGpower
i say you do those mods.... thats the proper way to hook up a C32!! if you get the RENNTech pulley kit, you should look into doing the whole stage I ECU and Pulley package... the car's throttle response is so much more predictable after the ECU reflash!!!

Benzo, I have the Evosport ODPS (pulley kit) waiting to install in my C32, but I haven't yet decided which manufacturer I'm going to go with for a chip and/or ECU reflash. Do you know if the RENNtech electronics are better than the Powerchip ones sold by Evosport, or even compatible with their pulley kit? Is there any reason to mix & match providers? One thing I really want to get is a more predictible/linear throttle response. in stock form, my car seems to waffle too easily between too little and too much power.

(BTW, I'll also be doing the SL55 splitter and resonator delete at the same time)
Old 11-03-2005, 06:36 PM
Almost a Member!

02 C32 AMG 05 E55 AMG
Wow you guys are all awesome..thanks for the input..I have a question and DONT laugh...what does the stage I ECU and pulley do together?
Old 11-03-2005, 07:18 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2002 c32
The pulley under drives the other systems hooked up to your belts other than the supercharger and the ECU is reprogrammed to deal with that new pulley setup I suppose, but also advances the timing and a whole bunch of other gas/air/mixture stuff and generally tunes the car for higher performance.

I'm doing the Kleeman boost kit and ECU set, also their headers. Seriously thinking about the speed sensitive suspension, but I'm doing some more research on what that would really do for me (is it adjustable like coil-overs and what do speed sensitive dampers do for me?). I'd like to do some exhaust projects, but it would be aesthetic or aural in nature since according to Kleemann:

"KLEEMANN does not offer full exhaust systems, or intake modifications for the C32. The AMG intake and exhaust systems are very well designed. There will never be gains from any kind of intake system, or exhaust system (other than headers)."

That said, I like the Eisenmann race exhaust, if I could get someone to post a wav/video of it (hint hint) I would really think harder about it. I'm not sure on that res delete - I still have to drop my kinds off at school in the morning. I also considered a 'real' dual exhaust project (not like the Weisengoob or whatever that is).

Kleemann also offers camshafts and LSD which I would like, but I'm starting to get up to that 'other' number where I can just get something hotter to begin with

All this stuff comes to about 15k - think I'll start with just the pulley/ECU and headers for raw power tuning which will be $7k.

I would take suggestions from anyone with the various brand kits and how much did you pay for what you did?
Old 11-03-2005, 07:39 PM
Almost a Member!

02 C32 AMG 05 E55 AMG
when you say underdrives the other systems hooked up to your belts..what do you mean. Does the pulley have more control over the engine?

Old 11-03-2005, 07:43 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 CLS
when you say underdrives the other systems hooked up to your belts..what do you mean. Does the pulley have more control over the engine?

STF Pinky... ...all the information has been discussed in great detail before..
Old 11-03-2005, 10:44 PM

'14 428i M-Sport, '02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Bif powell
The pulley under drives the other systems hooked up to your belts other than the supercharger and the ECU is reprogrammed to deal with that new pulley setup I suppose, but also advances the timing and a whole bunch of other gas/air/mixture stuff and generally tunes the car for higher performance.

I'm doing the Kleeman boost kit and ECU set, also their headers. Seriously thinking about the speed sensitive suspension, but I'm doing some more research on what that would really do for me (is it adjustable like coil-overs and what do speed sensitive dampers do for me?). I'd like to do some exhaust projects, but it would be aesthetic or aural in nature since according to Kleemann:

"KLEEMANN does not offer full exhaust systems, or intake modifications for the C32. The AMG intake and exhaust systems are very well designed. There will never be gains from any kind of intake system, or exhaust system (other than headers)."

That said, I like the Eisenmann race exhaust, if I could get someone to post a wav/video of it (hint hint) I would really think harder about it. I'm not sure on that res delete - I still have to drop my kinds off at school in the morning. I also considered a 'real' dual exhaust project (not like the Weisengoob or whatever that is).

Kleemann also offers camshafts and LSD which I would like, but I'm starting to get up to that 'other' number where I can just get something hotter to begin with

All this stuff comes to about 15k - think I'll start with just the pulley/ECU and headers for raw power tuning which will be $7k.

I would take suggestions from anyone with the various brand kits and how much did you pay for what you did?
let us know how the kleemann works out i have a short vid of eisenmann race on my c32, just like 10 seconds inside a tunnel/garage. just eisenmann race exhaust, the cats and resonator are as oem. anybody want to host?

also, doubleu211, if you want to look stock, check out Euro Impact Strips instead of clear corners. very understated but european oem and just is a little touch of oem cleanliness.

Last edited by KompressorKev; 11-03-2005 at 11:10 PM.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:06 PM

2019 CLS
gimme some credit for even wanting to learn this stuff
Attached Thumbnails Classy & Clean...-cookie.jpg  
Old 11-03-2005, 11:09 PM

2002 c32

/not a mechanic

Your car has a lot of sub-systems connected to the motor that sap horses from the engine as it drives your rear wheels. All those sub-systems are run by a serpentine belt that winds around all these pulleys and turns those sub systems (A/C, Alternator (where your stereo, lights, battery, spark-plugs, anything electrical) to power them. One of those sub-systems on a super-charged car is the supercharger itself. It needs some power to turn it's impellers (I guess they would be called...anyone chime in here) to compress the air going into your cylinders. The pulley set replaces those sub-systems pulleys with a size that makes them sap less power from the motor (and your supercharger, which requires a LOT of power - like 20% or something high like that) so that power can go the wheels. Also, the supercharger is then over-driven to turn more times in an engine rotation than normal and therefor pump more air during that rotation into the cyclinders.

So, they lower the power consumption of power-sapping sub-systems, and increase the power to the supercharger.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:10 PM

2002 c32
Originally Posted by KompressorKev
let us know how the kleemann works out i have a short vid of eisenmann race on my c32, just like 10 seconds inside a tunnel/garage. just eisenmann race exhaust, the cats and stock are as oem. anybody want to host?

also, doubleu211, if you want to look stock, check out Euro Impact Strips instead of clear corners. very understated but european oem and just is a little touch of oem cleanliness.
Would love to see the video.

I'll host it. Send me an email at bifpowell@gameonthestreet.com and we can hook it up.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:21 PM

2019 CLS
Originally Posted by Bif powell
/not a mechanic

Your car has a lot of sub-systems connected to the motor that sap horses from the engine as it drives your rear wheels. All those sub-systems are run by a serpentine belt that winds around all these pulleys and turns those sub systems (A/C, Alternator (where your stereo, lights, battery, spark-plugs, anything electrical) to power them. One of those sub-systems on a super-charged car is the supercharger itself. It needs some power to turn it's impellers (I guess they would be called...anyone chime in here) to compress the air going into your cylinders. The pulley set replaces those sub-systems pulleys with a size that makes them sap less power from the motor (and your supercharger, which requires a LOT of power - like 20% or something high like that) so that power can go the wheels. Also, the supercharger is then over-driven to turn more times in an engine rotation than normal and therefor pump more air during that rotation into the cyclinders.

So, they lower the power consumption of power-sapping sub-systems, and increase the power to the supercharger.

Lets not confuse Pinky anymore then she already is....messing with the supercharger pulley is not where you want to start.....again STF...everything in the way of mods your little heart will ever desire can be found by doing this....
Old 11-04-2005, 12:13 AM
Almost a Member!

I assume you guys are out of warranty and no longer bring your cars to the dealer? I have a 2004 C32 with two years still on the warranty. I modded the hell out of my VW but this car cost a tad more, so I'm a little scared to muck with it.

I assume the dealer can tell if the ECU has been upgraded? I had a GIAC chip in my VW and the dealer never had a clue.

Thanks
Old 11-04-2005, 01:10 PM

2002 c32
Originally Posted by respdoc

Lets not confuse Pinky anymore then she already is....messing with the supercharger pulley is not where you want to start.....again STF...everything in the way of mods your little heart will ever desire can be found by doing this....
As in short throw shifter?...in an automatic?

Is this a common mod in the C32?
Old 11-04-2005, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator

W221
So the modding starts...I'm sure you'll have it very clean and nice dear
Old 11-04-2005, 01:59 PM

2002 c32
Originally Posted by RBMBC32
I assume you guys are out of warranty and no longer bring your cars to the dealer? I have a 2004 C32 with two years still on the warranty. I modded the hell out of my VW but this car cost a tad more, so I'm a little scared to muck with it.

I assume the dealer can tell if the ECU has been upgraded? I had a GIAC chip in my VW and the dealer never had a clue.

Thanks
They say (yaknow...'they'?) that with the powerchip ecu they can't tell. Don't know if 'they're' right or not. I would think that if it became important to know, the dealer could find out.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:34 PM
Almost a Member!

02 C32 AMG 05 E55 AMG
Thank you sun! I understand the ECU & Pulley thing a lot better..thank you bunches for your help!!! You're wonderful

Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
So the modding starts...I'm sure you'll have it very clean and nice dear
Old 11-04-2005, 07:42 PM

2019 CLS
You're wonderful

Yes, I know....and your quite welcome..
Old 11-04-2005, 08:04 PM
Almost a Member!

02 C32 AMG 05 E55 AMG
haha yea you too..next time i'd like an oatmeal cookie please :p

Originally Posted by respdoc
Yes, I know....and your quite welcome..
Old 11-04-2005, 08:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Pinky, do a search under "R&D" on C32 forum. There are eight R&D threads that cover our research and development on C32 for the last four years, complete with pictures and dyno graphs.

In summary: Crank pulley overdrives supercharger in order to make more boost, to keep accessories from over spinning they need to be underdriven, this where confusion comes in on what to call C32 pulleys.

Our Stage I comes with pulleys for both crank and accessories and software that was specifically tuned to US gas, both West Coast 91 and East Coast 93.

You can find more info below.

http://evosport.com/product/proddeta...VO.PER.M03.P11