C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Need Advice on Adding More Power to HPS SC

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.

Old 05-08-2006, 02:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C 55
All i'm going to say is my HPS 2 Blower is off my car for good!!!!!!!!!! Mabye NOS, i have the kit. What do you think? This will hold me off till the 63's come out.
Old 05-08-2006, 04:28 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06' Clk 500 Cabriolet, 01' CL 55, 00' Clk 430
Originally Posted by MARK CUMMINS
So Linh is the CL55 Back up and running?..With or without a HPS system?

Mark,

I will soon post my experienced with HPS. I will tell it all like "it is" and nothing but the truth !!! Alot of people will be very very surprised.
Old 05-08-2006, 05:43 PM
Out Of Control!

Originally Posted by Clk&Slk
Alot of people will be very very surprised.
Old 05-09-2006, 02:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
HPS has offered to fix faulty wiring?

Adam authorized the repair/replacement of the faulty wiring as soon as I can schedule a visit to Mech Tech. I'm not sure if I trust Jessie to do anymore work on my car since he bad-mouthed me to Linh about things I never said. He can't even prove that I signed a settlement agreement because I never did. Jessie also told Linh that I told Adam he was going to sue him. Linh never told me anything about this. I was the one comtemplating it and I told Adam so to his face unless we work something out. I even tried to get Adam to agree to refund Linh in full but he has refused so far.

I just hope they do the right thing and issue a full refund for Linh's car since MBUSA already knows about his car and the fact that the warrantly is voided.

What's the point of dueling it out with customers? The bad publicity is just not worth it. Focus on improving your kit and selling more of them instead of denying customers what they rightfully deserve.

As for me. I've had it. They are so gosh darn cheap that they won't even offer me a partial refund. This product has proven to make little power and big problems for every HPS Gen IIcustomer I have personally spoken to. I do not know of a single Gen II customer who is satisfied with their purchase.

If you are out there please speak up. I am officially organizing a class action law suit. Please PM me if you would like to join in.

Last edited by AMGSC; 05-10-2006 at 12:37 AM.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Another HPS Customer Alert

I got a very unusual email from Adam today regarding Linh's situation.

Believe it or not, Adam told me that he was pressured by MBUSA to report if Linh had an Aftermarket supercharger installed. Does anybody believe that MBUSA would do this? Especially after they already denied Linh's warranty claim for the replacement of the engine because the damage was caused by the HPS Supercharger?

I perceive this message as a threat to me that I better cooperate and sign the Confidentiality Statement, kill this thread and not post anything more about HPS.

Remember all HPS customers that this message could be directed at you in the future if you complain about their product.

If you are a potential HPS customer, would you want to take the risk that the seller may report their own product in order to void their own customer's warranty if they are unhappy and want a refund like Linh or I?

I will post his email here tomorrow to prove that I am not making this up.

Last edited by AMGSC; 05-10-2006 at 12:30 AM.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:19 AM
Banned

Mark,

I will soon post my experienced with HPS. I will tell it all like "it is" and nothing but the truth !!! Alot of people will be very very surprised.

Well, since it already made public. I will speak my mind also. I got the same F$^^CK e-mail like Robert from Adam and it is a threat !!! This is his second threat that he try on me. He quoted me the above quote and tell me that he will also do the same by telling NA Mercedes like "it is" and with PICTURES damages engine to proof it if i don't response to him. One thing he does not realize is, my car warranty is already AVOIDED !! Just like what Vadim said "code 88". I called Mercedes warranty and verified it myself . My warranty for engine, tranny, rear diff...etc. is GONE !! So why Mercedes even care to know more about it. It not like i sue Mercedes for not honor my warranty.

This is his BIGGEST mistake by threat his customers. Who's in their F$%$%CK right mind now want to do business with him? I can not believe it when i read the e-mail but then i'm glad that he wrote it, this go to show, what kind of a person he is and how he run his business.

Last edited by Clk&Slk; 05-10-2006 at 11:41 AM.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

HPS might as well do everyone a favor and close up shop now. Threatening customers? them guys must be dumber than a bag of rocks. Who the hell wants to buy their wack *** SC kit now? Freakin' amazing.....
Old 05-10-2006, 07:10 PM

'05 C55 AMG
heh, whenever i hear the name HPS, i think of that video where some kids attach a leafblower to a car's air intake and get HP increases on a dyno.

http://videos.streetfire.net/Player....AD23CA9564&p=0

then they proceed to spray nitrous directly at the leafblower to get even more power. lol HPS should have hired these kids to tune their product.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by genechien
HPS should have hired these kids to tune their product.
They did hire one of them his name is Jesse from Eurodump.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:01 PM

AMG 55, 335i, Mini Cooper S
Originally Posted by BlownS430
They did hire one of them his name is Jesse from Eurodump.
Congrats on the new car! you are going to have sooooo much free time now that HPS is out of your life. LOL
Old 05-11-2006, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Well, since it already made public. I will speak my mind also. I got the same F$^^CK e-mail like Robert from Adam and it is a threat !!! This is his second threat that he try on me. He quoted me the above quote and tell me that he will also do the same by telling NA Mercedes like "it is" and with PICTURES damages engine to proof it if i don't response to him. One thing he does not realize is, my car warranty is already AVOIDED !! Just like what Vadim said "code 88". I called Mercedes warranty and verified it myself . My warranty for engine, tranny, rear diff...etc. is GONE !! So why Mercedes even care to know more about it. It not like i sue Mercedes for not honor my warranty.

This is his BIGGEST mistake by threat his customers. Who's in their F$%$%CK right mind now want to do business with him? I can not believe it when i read the e-mail but then i'm glad that he wrote it, this go to show, what kind of a person he is and how he run his business.

Adam at his GAMES again...LOL...Mercedes Benz of South Bay 88 Linhs CL 55 Because of the AFTERMARKET system (HPS) that was Installed on Linhs CL.It Was determined that The (HPS) system caused the Failure..
Once it was (88) entered into the System..SEVERAL Weeks ago Thats IT..
As The Dealer also MUST follow up with a Memo as to WHY the Car in Question was Denied ANY further Warranty on the Engine...As I was Told this from SEVERAL Employees from Mercedes Benz of South Bay...

Good Luck Linh!

Last edited by MARK CUMMINS; 05-11-2006 at 12:35 PM.
Old 05-11-2006, 10:01 PM
Banned

WOW........i just noticed that this thread got 16,937 views and counting but it not over yet !!! Have there been any post in the past that got this much publicity?

Last edited by Clk&Slk; 05-11-2006 at 10:04 PM.
Old 05-12-2006, 12:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

As Jessie has said before...Good or Bad, As long as their talking about us.

I wonder how that translates into $$$ for them.
Old 05-12-2006, 01:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by AMGSC
Removing Soon: HPS Gen II.
Old 05-12-2006, 02:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W210, W220, W163, W164, C6
That's interesting about the upgraded intercooler, pump, & heat exchanger info, Richard023 did exactly the same when he had the gen II on his E430, I talked w/Jim from Mcdonalds about doing it to my set-up and he flat out refused saying "That's why Richard removed everything and took his E430 back to stock, It never ran right after the cooling upgrades" Though I talked w/Richard about it and he said it gave him more boost.
Jim's statement is untrue!!! Just for the record, after picking up my car from Mech-Tech, I was never in contact or in speaking terms with Jim nor did I have any desire to. Any questions I had regarding the HPS kit or it's install were directed to Adam or Bill at HPS, on the contrary the "cooling upgrades" assisted in running a more consistent PSI even during hard runs the heatsoak effect was less and I shared my findings with Adam as I was data logging via Car Chip EX.

After 3 months of use, an opportunity arise to sell the kit $500 less than what I paid, Adam did assist in finding the buyer and offered to have Mech-Tech remove the HPS kit, I declined and stated I will do it myself. The buyer is also a forum member here, I haven't heard of any complaints from him yet.

Sean...Congrats on the new C6 Corvette!!!

Robert & Linh...I can't even imagine being in your predicament, I wish you both the best of luck!!!
Old 05-12-2006, 02:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Richard023
Jim's statement is untrue!!! Just for the record, after picking up my car from Mech-Tech, I was never in contact or in speaking terms with Jim nor did I have any desire to. Any questions I had regarding the HPS kit or it's install were directed to Adam or Bill at HPS, on the contrary the "cooling upgrades" assisted in running a more consistent PSI even during hard runs the heatsoak effect was less and I shared my findings with Adam as I was data logging via Car Chip EX.

After 3 months of use, an opportunity arise to sell the kit $500 less than what I paid, Adam did assist in finding the buyer and offered to have Mech-Tech remove the HPS kit, I declined and stated I will do it myself. The buyer is also a forum member here, I haven't heard of any complaints from him yet.

Sean...Congrats on the new C6 Corvette!!!

Robert & Linh...I can't even imagine being in your predicament, I wish you both the best of luck!!!
Thanks man...

I wasn't trying to put you in a bad light w/my previous statements, I found Jim to be helpful w/my situation but we did differ on a few things I also found his pricing to be a bit exorbitant.

Ps. please post a few shots of your Vette I need to see those black wheels again before I pull the trigger & copy you.

Last edited by Thericker; 05-12-2006 at 02:13 AM.
Old 05-13-2006, 05:32 PM
Banned

Jim's statement is untrue!!! Just for the record, after picking up my car from Mech-Tech, I was never in contact or in speaking terms with Jim nor did I have any desire to. Any questions I had regarding the HPS kit or it's install were directed to Adam or Bill at HPS.

Hi Richard,

Jim may not talk directly to you but i'm sure Adam and Bill reported all info back to Jim. Some of you may not know this......but Jim is actually doing all the R&D/tuning before Jesse came along. Jim help HPS put this kit together. Adam, is the one that told me this. I know for a fact that some of the parts in the HPS sc system is the same parts that Jim used on his buggy SC system.

When the SC installed on my car. Right away, on the first test drive on the freeway, i has a problem with shifting. I told Adam about it and Adam said that it will go away once the ECU re-adapt itself but we all know now that's NOT true. When asked Adam if any of his customers has this same problem and Adam responsed, NO !! You're the only one, Linh. But when i asked Jim about my shift problem, Jim said that he have seen about 2-3 cars with this problem but only on the AMG car because of the driver adaptation tranny on the AMG cars. The point to this is, I never reported any of my problems or give any of my finding solution to fix a problem to Jim but Jim alway thanks me for finding solution to some of the problem like checking the sc module for intercooler coolant leak, turn on the fan sooner to prevent heat soak after boosted and finding Jesse for the software tuning. Jim really really apreciated me alot for finding Jesse. I guess Jesse save HPS !!! So Jim does know everythings going on with HPS system.

Last edited by Clk&Slk; 05-13-2006 at 05:56 PM.
Old 05-13-2006, 10:52 PM

Hi Richard,

Jim may not talk directly to you but i'm sure Adam and Bill reported all info back to Jim. Some of you may not know this......but Jim is actually doing all the R&D/tuning before Jesse came along. Jim help HPS put this kit together. Adam, is the one that told me this. I know for a fact that some of the parts in the HPS sc system is the same parts that Jim used on his buggy SC system.

When the SC installed on my car. Right away, on the first test drive on the freeway, i has a problem with shifting. I told Adam about it and Adam said that it will go away once the ECU re-adapt itself but we all know now that's NOT true. When asked Adam if any of his customers has this same problem and Adam responsed, NO !! You're the only one, Linh. But when i asked Jim about my shift problem, Jim said that he have seen about 2-3 cars with this problem but only on the AMG car because of the driver adaptation tranny on the AMG cars. The point to this is, I never reported any of my problems or give any of my finding solution to fix a problem to Jim but Jim alway thanks me for finding solution to some of the problem like checking the sc module for intercooler coolant leak, turn on the fan sooner to prevent heat soak after boosted and finding Jesse for the software tuning. Jim really really apreciated me alot for finding Jesse. I guess Jesse save HPS !!! So Jim does know everythings going on with HPS system.
Of course Jim knows and has always known. From what I have read and heard, Jim is a crook just like HPS. And finding Jesse didn't help save the pile of **** HPS G2. The problem with HPS is the hardware not so much the software.
Old 05-13-2006, 11:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by E55Cent
And finding Jesse didn't help save the pile of **** HPS G2. The problem with HPS is the hardware not so much the software.

Very true, Mario. Oh btw, i heard it was a good race between you and Sean.
Old 05-14-2006, 02:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hi Richard,

I don't doubt for a minute that both parties (HPS & Mech-Tech) report/share info of their customers as you well stated, my post was just to clarify that Jim's statement was erroneous as to why I remove the entire HPS kit & upgrades. I'm not here to discredit Jim nor Mech Tech, he seemed like a standup guy from the short time I knew him and I admired the level of custom work he has done on the dune buggys. Unfortunately, we didn't share the same performance goals of my car and I felt he could have extended a helping hand during minor issues.

On the day of my vehicle pickup, Adam & I took a test run on the freeway and we experienced a "bucking" during WOT at mid-rpm range, Adam did say the ECU would re-learn itself to the new hardware but I later found the added FMU was the culprit. Also, when I removed the kit I found the Harmonic Balancer wasn't pinned to the crank...that worries me, the supercharger drive places extra load on the single accessory belt, it is necessary to reinforce the HB and supply a balancer bolt TQ to specs.

Looking back, I can honesty say I'm in a better place now, HPS is...History Per Say.

Mario has a point, supporting components on the Gen II needs improvement, the MP112 is already a poven work-horse!....the CTS-V MagnaCharger kit utilizes a huge heat exchanger (radiator size) & high output WP and the necessary hardware for less than $6K. I witness one gain 126rwhp/119rwtq on a dynojet.

Linh, what's your next move?....time to raise some hell!!! I really hope to see you & Robert come out of this ordeal holding the jackpot.
Old 05-14-2006, 12:39 PM

Very true, Mario. Oh btw, i heard it was a good race between you and Sean.
Yeah it was a good race but most of all it was just FUN! A few of my friends showed up to meet Sean. My three buddies with a Viper, MCoupe, and Supercharged Vert C6. The five of us just raced around town raising hell.
Sean's car is fast and I would love to get a Vette but I still need 4 doors. Maybe this year I will be able to get a SL55.

Good luck Linh with everything.

Richard, we missed you. As soon as Ole's car is done we will have to get everyone together.
Old 05-14-2006, 01:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Yeah it was a good race but most of all it was just FUN! A few of my friends showed up to meet Sean. My three buddies with a Viper, MCoupe, and Supercharged Vert C6. The five of us just raced around town raising hell.
Sean's car is fast and I would love to get a Vette but I still need 4 doors. Maybe this year I will be able to get a SL55.

Richard, we missed you. As soon as Ole's car is done we will have to get everyone together.
For only owning my Vette 3-4 days it was the most fun I've ever had a great way to break in my new car thanks Mario for getting everybody to come out and tear it up!!! Will have to do it again.

I think I liked our stop light to stop light 0-100 races the most just freakin' hilarious I loved it! At one point Marios car & mine were like 2 magnets when we hit from a dig they started to burnout going sideways away from eachother I wish I could of been watching it from the sidewalk for just a few seconds it must've looked :

Here's a pic' I snagged outta my car before the Viper & Sc'd Vert tore it up!!
Attached Thumbnails Need Advice on Adding More Power to HPS SC-05-12-06_2318.jpg  

Last edited by Thericker; 05-14-2006 at 01:38 PM.
Old 05-14-2006, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You guys are having too much fun without me...

With over 800rwhp, Ole's C5Z would MASSACRE all of us...he!!, I might race him from 0-30mph.

SL55...
Old 05-14-2006, 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

For only owning my Vette 3-4 days it was the most fun I've ever had a great way to break in my new car thanks Mario for getting everybody to come out and tear it up!!! Will have to do it again.

I think I liked our stop light to stop light 0-100 races the most just freakin' hilarious I loved it! At one point Marios car & mine were like 2 magnets when we hit from a dig they started to burnout going sideways away from eachother I wish I could of been watching it from the sidewalk for just a few seconds it must've looked :

Here's a pic' I snagged outta my car before the Viper & Sc'd Vert tore it up!!
Sean...looks like your proudly representing the Corvette Brotherhood well!!!

Okay...Jason's V10 vs Dwayne's C6 maggie, no offense to Jason cuz his Viper is plain baddazzz, but in the straights my money goes to the blown C6. You need that sh*t on video!!!
Old 05-14-2006, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Sean...looks like your proudly representing the Corvette Brotherhood well!!!

Okay...Jason's V10 vs Dwayne's C6 maggie, no offense to Jason cuz his Viper is plain baddazzz, but in the straights my money goes to the blown C6. You need that sh*t on video!!!
Dwayne lost traction bad on the 1st run, They did it over and Dwayne took down Jasons V10.....

Did I mention I luv this fuken CAR!!
Richard I want to see a show down between Jason & you Maggie verses Procharger that'll be tight....

Last edited by Thericker; 05-14-2006 at 04:36 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.

Quick Reply: Need Advice on Adding More Power to HPS SC