C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Need Advice on Adding More Power to HPS SC

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.

Old 02-10-2007, 10:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG 55, 335i, Mini Cooper S
Robert, what is wrong with putting a Kleemann on your car and making 500whp? I guess in your eyes having a car that works everyday wouldn't count as a hobby. Like you I love cars but I also don't want to be fixing them everyday or be worried that it might blow up at anytime. As of now I'm done making power in my 210, 400whp is fine for a car that is 8 years old. Right now I'm working on my 300whp Mini Cooper.
I was wondering if you have added up the money you have spent on this HPS kit, not counting car rentals and your time?
Mario
Old 02-10-2007, 10:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by AMGSC
Let's not put Jessie into Canton just yet. I'll withhold my judgement when all is said and done. Let's just say IMHO he helped the intercooler's death along by not checking the coolant levels but telling me that he did when I asked.

Were'nt you and Jessie almost about to come to blows or "dropping hammers" not long ago on the other forum? Well I'm glad you guys kissed and made up.
Dude are you serious? the guys a TUNER! not a mechanic or Jiffy Lube, it's not his job to make sure your maintenance program is in check, he does not fill or change your oil, gas, coolant, or any other necessary fluids to operate your car at safe levels.

Why did Linhs intercooler fail in the same way? Jessie didn't touch it, you make no sense...

Last edited by Thericker; 02-10-2007 at 10:57 PM.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by E55Cent
Robert, what is wrong with putting a Kleemann on your car and making 500whp? I guess in your eyes having a car that works everyday wouldn't count as a hobby. Like you I love cars but I also don't want to be fixing them everyday or be worried that it might blow up at anytime. As of now I'm done making power in my 210, 400whp is fine for a car that is 8 years old. Right now I'm working on my 300whp Mini Cooper.
I was wondering if you have added up the money you have spent on this HPS kit, not counting car rentals and your time?
Mario
Hey bro, 500whp? I'd think more like 440rwhp
Old 02-10-2007, 11:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Thericker
Dude are you serious? the guys a TUNER! not a mechanic or Jiffy Lube, it's not his job to make sure your maintenance program is in check, he does not fill or change your oil, gas, coolant, or any other necessary fluids to operate your car at safe levels.

Why did Linhs intercooler fail in the same way? Jessie didn't touch it, you make no sense...
I agree that it is not Jesse's responsibility to check the coolant levels. The only reason he might have checked is because temperatures were out of wack after the fact. It is the responsibility of the owner to make sure the car is in good shape to withstand the rigors of dyno tuning and to have all of the fluids topped off before tuning sessions. This has been the policy of most tuning places I've been to.

If that is not done then you're wasting both your time and the tuner's time because setbacks will occur such as the coolant level not being where it's supposed to be.
Old 02-10-2007, 11:20 PM
zee

2004 Silver CLK500
I may have wasted alot of time and money trying to get this kit to work as promised but I DID COME CLOSE. What kept me going was the fact that I have only seen 1 dyno of a SC'd C55 that made more power than mine (AMGDRAGON's) but it was not done on a dynojet and did not measure true rear wheel horsepower. It was converted to brake horsepower by Kleemann using a theoritical conversion factor with the wrong correction factor. I'm not just calling out HPS but Kleemann, Renntech, Carlsson, Brabus, etc...or anyone else that makes a SC kit for the C55 to SHOW ME THE PROOF that we consumers are getting what we paid for!

In fact, If my engine gets a clean bill of health. I might be back at it again with a Hi-Flow Cats, Headers, Exhaust, Cams, Quaife LSD, Seconary Heat Exchanger and gaskets, phenolic spacers and port/polish of heads to lower CR. A friend of mine's C55 is going back to stock and wants to trade the above for my stock Exhaust. The only complication is what happens if I need to go back to stock and I don't have my stock components anymore? Should I do it?
You are free to do whatever you want with your car. It is your money, your time, your effort; go for another supercharger, cats, LSD, whatever fancies your imagination. But I would not be coming back to the same people on this forum and telling them how pissed off I am on the new cheap supercharger thugs, once I was told a few months ago that they were cheap supercharger thugs to begin with.

You did not get the message before and I don't have any high expectations. In fact, I am pretty sure once the latest pain wears off, you'll be at it again. I will still wish you all the very best luck to you and your poor C55.

BTW, there is a member on this forum fr34k. He has got a pretty reasonably priced supercharger on his CLK500. I believe it is a Custom Supercharger + Intercooler by Keuylian Motorcars/Lamborghini Beverly Hills. Since you are going to be back at it, you may find this information useful.
Old 02-10-2007, 11:24 PM
zee

2004 Silver CLK500
Ricker, any updates on the lawsuit filed by HPS Sales Guy

Ricker:

Any update on the lawsuit that was filed against you by the HPS sales guy.

Thanks
Old 02-10-2007, 11:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by zee
Ricker:

Any update on the lawsuit that was filed against you by the HPS sales guy.

Thanks
Sorry can't really talk about it.
Old 02-10-2007, 11:30 PM
zee

2004 Silver CLK500
No problem. All the best on that front.
Old 02-10-2007, 11:33 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
04 E55 B07
Originally Posted by zee

BTW, there is a member on this forum fr34k. He has got a pretty reasonably priced supercharger on his CLK500. I believe it is a Custom Supercharger + Intercooler by Keuylian Motorcars/Lamborghini Beverly Hills. Since you are going to be back at it, you may find this information useful.
I think that car is on ebay for sale, and the s/c looks like a renntech, i don't think there is anything custom about it.
Old 02-10-2007, 11:54 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
the guys a TUNER!
You got to be kidding!!!!!

How about a THIEF!!!!

Common my friend, lets get real.

I know Jesse, I have seen Jesse tune, his is NO TUNER!!!!

Just a wanna-be who got lucky.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Linh's a mutual friend of ours. He's very knowledable and in fact introduced Jessie to HPS. Maybe you should ask him who was tuning his car last. Either way, I have no animosity towards SI, he really did try to help me. Did you know that I was seriously considering a Vette before I got my C55. In fact I ordered a Burnt Orange one from Power Chevorlet but canceled at the last minute when my wife complained about the 2 seats. The only thing I did'nt care for was the quality of the interior but I'm sure I would have upgraded it with Aftermarket stuff. Maybe now in hindsight, that's what I should have done. In fact, I seriously would consider a Z06 and mod it with a TT or SC for a lot less than a 6.3 MB motor. Actually with my excellent driving record and the fact that I haven't had anybody in my back seats since I bought the C that might not be a bad idea after all.

Last edited by AMGSC; 02-11-2007 at 12:12 AM.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Linh's a mutual friend of ours. He's very knowledable and in fact introduced Jessie to HPS. Maybe you should ask him who was tuning his car last. Either way, I have no animosity towards SI, he really did try to help me. Did you know that I was seriously considering a Vette before I got my C55. In fact I ordered a Burnt Orange one from Power Chevorlet but canceled at the last minute when I checked the insurance rates and my wife complained about the 2 seats. The only thing I did'nt care for was the quality of the interior but I'm sure I would have upgraded it with Aftermarket stuff. Maybe now in hindsight, that's what I should have done.
Do it bro! You could spend a few g's on interior and have a really nice one off set-up, there are quite a bit of aftermarket vendors for everything you could dream of, and if you blow one up? hell it's only a Vett, a new LS2 C6 engine only cost $4500 or a forged 402 cid for $5000 you could run 15psi on TT APS proven top name brand system--making 750+rwhp 750+rwto even up to 1,000rwhp w/the right tuning, parts. I'm sure that could cure your need for speed.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVE
Originally Posted by Vadim @ MBLN

How about a THIEF!!!!

(didn't someone up there say something about playing nice?)
Old 02-11-2007, 12:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Do it bro! You could spend a few g's on interior and have a really nice one off set-up, there are quite a bit of aftermarket vendors for everything you could dream of, and if you blow one up? hell it's only a Vett, a new LS2 C6 engine only cost $4500 or a forged 402 cid for $5000 you could run 15psi on TT APS proven top name brand system--making 750+rwhp 750+rwto even up to 1,000rwhp w/the right tuning, parts. I'm sure that could cure your need for speed.
I'm quietly coming to the conclusion that MB was not made to be easily modded with extreme power, not even Kleemann, Renntech, Brabus, etc...could come close to 750+rwph without spending over $50K in mods. I tried to get the best of both worlds but actually a Vette is pretty eye-catching and exclusive in it's own right. Maybe I should change my logo to Callaway SC! Along those lines, I also tempted to sell my Ducati (with performance kit) for an R1.

Last edited by AMGSC; 02-11-2007 at 12:29 AM.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Vadim @ MBLN

How about a THIEF!!!!

What exactly has he done to you? Why all the animosity Why don't you give it a rest? People have been sued over much less than what your doing, take it easy...
Old 02-11-2007, 12:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
I'm quietly coming to the conclusion that MB was not made to be easily modded with extreme power, not even Kleemann, Renntech, Brabus, etc...could come close to 750+rwph without spending over $50K in mods. I tried to get the best of both worlds but actually a Vette is pretty eye-catching and exclusive in it's own right. Maybe I should change my logo to Callaway SC!
Ask Richard, good friend of mine aka Brabus2 from these and other forums, he has this exact same set-up on his C6 freakin' beast of beasts

Yeah, yeah, I know ****y interior...lol..
Old 02-11-2007, 12:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVE
Vadim you seem to know everything, wtf. Haven't you got your own dirty secrets as well?

I would probably suggest you stop talking if Jesse is a tuner or not its not your right to sit here and defamate the guy or slander the work he has done (because he does do it). Dont you realize with that kind of attitude (you know, the "nothing to lose, tell it all" one) you create more trouble for yourself. What if your secrets came out to public? Would you be ashamed? (as you should be for them)

Jesse could literally right now have the right to sue...not you, but the people you work. The people you represent daily (MBLN, no?) and ruin you. Why would you risk that?.. Think about your family man (I'm assuming you're middle aged 50's).

Come on Vadim dont throw yourself out like that you really dont know what happened you are just OBVIOUSLY "one sided".

Last edited by mig888; 02-11-2007 at 12:53 AM.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
I'm quietly coming to the conclusion that MB was not made to be easily modded with extreme power, not even Kleemann, Renntech, Brabus, etc...could come close to 750+rwph without spending over $50K in mods. I tried to get the best of both worlds but actually a Vette is pretty eye-catching and exclusive in it's own right. Maybe I should change my logo to Callaway SC! Along those lines, I also tempted to sell my Ducati (with performance kit) for an R1.
You can get 650rwhp 650rwto on the stock LS2 w/APS TT w/out any forging, that would be the limit though others have exceeded that level w/no mishaps, but all tuners have said 650rwhp is a good place to stop, UNLESS FORGED internals then go on to 750-1000hp.

Last edited by Thericker; 02-11-2007 at 01:08 AM.
Old 02-11-2007, 01:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 C-Class Sportcoupe
Originally Posted by mig888
Vadim you seem to know everything ........Have you forgot your dirty secrets as well............

I suggest you stop talking if Jesse is a tuner or not its not your right to sit here and defermate the guy or slander the work he has done. Dont you realize with this attitude ( The nothing to loose tell it all ) you create more trouble for yourself. What if your secrects came out to public you would be ashamed as you should be for them.

Jesse could litterally right now sue not you but the people you work. The people you represent daily and ruin you why would you risk that.. Think about your family man arent you like 50.

Common Vadim dont throw yourself out like that you really dont know what happened you are just one sided
Jose, keep your cool dude. No need to lose it. Tell Jesse to chill out too. Nothing good will come of escalating tensions. I know many people are angry or slightly offended by the circumstances of AMGSC's car. People can either get angry or laugh. I'm choosing to laugh with you, not at you.
Old 02-11-2007, 01:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVE
Originally Posted by pshek
Jose, keep your cool dude. No need to lose it. Tell Jesse to chill out too. Nothing good will come of escalating tensions. I know many people are angry or slightly offended by the circumstances of AMGSC's car. People can either get angry or laugh. I'm choosing to laugh with you, not at you.
More laughing, less hating. But come to think of it, I'm trying to protect someone else' best interest.
Old 02-11-2007, 01:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: San Diego, CA & San Jose, Costa Rica & Stuttgart, Germany
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1959 220S / 1979 230 G / 2002 A210 AMG / 2003 C320 SC / 2004.5 C320 SS / 2005 ML350 SE / 2008 smart
I'm quietly coming to the conclusion that MB was not made to be easily modded with extreme power, not even Kleemann, Renntech, Brabus, etc...could come close to 750+rwph without spending over $50K in mods.
That's probably because 750+ rwhp costs > than $50k.
You're premise is wrong to begin with.

Do us all a favor and buy a VETTE and go do your thing....
that C55 is so blacklisted no one will ever even come close to buying it.
You might as well have it scrapped in Tiajuana.
Old 02-11-2007, 01:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: San Diego, CA & San Jose, Costa Rica & Stuttgart, Germany
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1959 220S / 1979 230 G / 2002 A210 AMG / 2003 C320 SC / 2004.5 C320 SS / 2005 ML350 SE / 2008 smart
Talking

Originally Posted by mig888
More laughing, less hating.

I've been laughing since Page 1.....

Old 02-11-2007, 02:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Silver 2002 C32, Silver 2006 CLK 350
"that one getto Rigged C55" AMG gods are trying to blow up that car from day one!

if you ever took that car back to Germany to AMG's factory, the guy that put that engine together would grab a screw driver and would start prying that name plate Off

Last edited by Trekman; 02-11-2007 at 02:17 AM.
Old 02-11-2007, 03:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Trekman
"that one getto Rigged C55" AMG gods are trying to blow up that car from day one!

if you ever took that car back to Germany to AMG's factory, the guy that put that engine together would grab a screw driver and would start prying that name plate Off
I bet once I make my last post of my dyno results (with witnesses) and my lap times, 0-60, 1/4, etc.. The C32 haters would go away quietly into the night and mutter to themselves "Why did'nt I trade my car in for a C55"!

Guess what? I'm scheduled to install Renntech headers/high flow cats, exhaust and Quaife LSD this week. Like I said I will challenge ANY C32 to 3 laps around a track or a 1/4 run for PINKS! ANY TAKERS?

After that, I'll still move on to my next project with a 6.3 MB or a Z06.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Silver 2002 C32, Silver 2006 CLK 350
dude what ever floats your boat. Im sure you got money up the yingyang to spend, but still wont fork out the money for a rentech or a kleemann? I can understand that some people go through mid life crisis I hope your not one of them. in anycase have fun and be sefe

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.

Quick Reply: Need Advice on Adding More Power to HPS SC