C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Need Advice on Adding More Power to HPS SC

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.

Old 02-09-2007, 06:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 C-Class Sportcoupe
Originally Posted by jgsx
Dear lord. You're already looking at using another fly by night blower kit? You never fail to amaze me.
Assuming that Josh at HOP made a blower kit for the 6.3 motor (which he hasn't), it would definitely not be a fly by night blower kit. I just had to clarify this. However, if AMGSC had a blower kit made for the 6.3 by "top notch engineers and fabricators" in China, then I guess that would be considered a fly by night blower kit.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:18 AM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by pshek
Your engine is better off without the HPS kit.

And your car is better off without that engine.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not an AMG :(
Originally Posted by AMGSC
For all of you that say I don't heed your advice, that's false BUT SOME of you C32 owners have a bias against the C55's potential of extending the advantage..........

........Imagine a 6.3 motor with 10+psi........
If you do mod your car by dropping a 63 motor into it, you best go ahead and do the 'Trunk Monkey' mod while your at it. You're going to need something effective to prevent those impish C32 drivers with small hands and smelling like cabbage who lurk around at night sabotaging modded C55's.........
Old 02-09-2007, 12:19 PM
MBWorld Founder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ones too fast according to CHP!
Let's keep this civil. I don't want this thread escalating into hurling insults at each other.
AGREE - please!
Old 02-09-2007, 01:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 GL350
I'm done with this 5.5 motor with a 11:1 CR. There's just not much more you can do with it. Imagine a 6.3 motor with 10+psi. If I can't get a motor to fit under my hood and configured properly then I'll just get the C63 and go with Kleemann's new kit for that motor.
...and the 6.3's 11.3 CR is going to make forced induction easier??? Not.
Old 02-10-2007, 03:54 PM
zee

2004 Silver CLK500
Lightbulb I spent three hours today reading this thread

This will rank as the most eye-opening thread that I have ever come across on the Internet. For a thread that lasted more than a year, with no post whoring involved, that is remarkable.

Mr. AMGSC/Robert, I would not sir for one second try to vilify you or make a personal attack. There were many people here that genuinly tried to help you here, and to their credit, they tried again, and again, and again. You are the only reason this thread lasted so long, and you are the only reason this thread is the most informative and eye-opening thread that it is.

I would not bore you with the rants of how bad your lack of judgement is. But I fear for you that if this is how you deal with losses, you may find a tough future ahead of you. For one thing, there is something to be said about stopping oneself out of a loss, rather than blindly trying to squeeze a little good out of deteriorating catastrophe. You remind me of Nick Leeson, a guy up to no good in mid 90s. Try googling his name to see what I mean.

I wish you all the very best.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by zee
This will rank as the most eye-opening thread that I have ever come across on the Internet. For a thread that lasted more than a year, with no post whoring involved, that is remarkable.

Mr. AMGSC/Robert, I would not sir for one second try to vilify you or make a personal attack. There were many people here that genuinly tried to help you here, and to their credit, they tried again, and again, and again. You are the only reason this thread lasted so long, and you are the only reason this thread is the most informative and eye-opening thread that it is.

I would not bore you with the rants of how bad your lack of judgement is. But I fear for you that if this is how you deal with losses, you may find a tough future ahead of you. For one thing, there is something to be said about stopping oneself out of a loss, rather than blindly trying to squeeze a little good out of deteriorating catastrophe. You remind me of Nick Leeson, a guy up to no good in mid 90s. Try googling his name to see what I mean.

I wish you all the very best.
Wait a minute. You think I'm up to no good? Please clarify.

Besides helping everyone reading this forum have fun learning from other people's experiences with one of man's favorite hobbies, I was also trying to get these Kit manufacturers and Tuners to be truthful with consumers.

I am not trying to destroy my car just for fun but was geniunely trying to see if I can take a bargain of a name brand car (the C55) and raise it to SUPERCAR status performance wise. What got me started was the article in Car and Driver about the Kleemann C55 S8 that made 580rwhp with 0-60 in 3.6 seconds. I would have gone with Kleemann but could'nt make time to take the car all the way to Colorado and I happened to stumble onto HPS when I googled "Mercedes Superchargers". It was the first or second listing that came up. It still comes up today on page 1 either as HPS or Mechtech. Kleemann appears on page 2. The fact that they were only 3 miles from my workplace in OC was a key decision since I thought post-sale service was important with the proximity rather than dealing with Colorado Springs several hundred miles alway. At first I was suspicious of the price difference but when I discovered that the blower was made by the largest manufacturers of SC's in the world and most OEMs use Eaton's I was convinced. PRICE was never a major consideration.

I may have wasted alot of time and money trying to get this kit to work as promised but I DID COME CLOSE. What kept me going was the fact that I have only seen 1 dyno of a SC'd C55 that made more power than mine (AMGDRAGON's) but it was not done on a dynojet and did not measure true rear wheel horsepower. It was converted to brake horsepower by Kleemann using a theoritical conversion factor with the wrong correction factor. I'm not just calling out HPS but Kleemann, Renntech, Carlsson, Brabus, etc...or anyone else that makes a SC kit for the C55 to SHOW ME THE PROOF that we consumers are getting what we paid for!

In fact, If my engine gets a clean bill of health. I might be back at it again with a Hi-Flow Cats, Headers, Exhaust, Cams, Quaife LSD, Seconary Heat Exchanger and gaskets, phenolic spacers and port/polish of heads to lower CR. A friend of mine's C55 is going back to stock and wants to trade the above for my stock Exhaust. The only complication is what happens if I need to go back to stock and I don't have my stock components anymore? Should I do it?

Last edited by AMGSC; 02-10-2007 at 08:11 PM.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32

Besides helping everyone reading this forum have fun learning from other people's experiences with one of man's favorite hobbies, I was also trying to get these Kit manufacturers and Tuners to be truthful with consumers.

I am not trying to destroy my car just for fun but was geniunely trying to see if I can take a bargain of a name brand car (the C55) and raise it to SUPERCAR status performance wise. What got me started was the article in Car and Driver about the Kleemann C55 S8 that made 580rwhp with 0-60 in 3.6 seconds. I would have gone with Kleemann but could'nt make time to take the car all the way to Colorado and I happened to stumble onto HPS when I googled "Mercedes Superchargers". It was the first or second listing that came up. It still comes up today on page 1 either as HPS or Mechtech. Kleemann appears on page 2. The fact that they were only 3 miles from my workplace in OC was a key decision since I thought post-sale service was important with the proximity rather than dealing with Colorado Springs several hundred miles alway. At first I was suspicious of the price difference but when I discovered that the blower was made by the largest manufacturers of SC's in the world and most OEMs use Eaton's I was convinced. PRICE was never a major consideration.

I may have wasted alot of time and money trying to get this kit to work as promised but I DID COME CLOSE. What kept me going was the fact that I have only seen 1 dyno of a SC'd C55 that made more power than mine (AMGDRAGON's) but it was not done on a dynojet and did not measure true rear wheel horsepower. It was converted to brake horsepower by Kleemann using a theoritical conversion factor with the wrong correction factor. I'm not just calling out HPS but Kleemann, Renntech, Carlsson, Brabus, etc...or anyone else that makes a SC kit for the C55 to SHOW ME THE PROOF that we consumers are getting what me paid for!

In fact, If my engine gets a clean bill of health. I might be back at it again with a Hi-Flow Cats, Headers, Exhaust, Cams, Quaife LSD, Seconary Heat Exchanger and gaskets, phenolic spacers and port/polish of heads to lower CR. A friend of mine's C55 is going back to stock and wants to trade the above for my stock Exhaust. The only complication is what happens if I need to go back to stock and I don't have my stock components anymore? Should I do it?
Face it guys, it is obvious that this guy hasn't learned from this experience, and it looks like he never will. His decision making is the worst that I've seen of anyone with these kind of resources. I'm not trying to insult him, but it is amazing that he still doesn't get it.

AMGSC I'm giving you some honest advice here. Go back and delete every single post you can from this thread. If any employer were to ever read this, you'd be stripped of any decision making powers and they'd probably try to find a reason to fire you. Any prospective employer will probably google your name, and if they somehow find this thread, you're TOAST!
Old 02-10-2007, 08:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: San Diego, CA & San Jose, Costa Rica & Stuttgart, Germany
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1959 220S / 1979 230 G / 2002 A210 AMG / 2003 C320 SC / 2004.5 C320 SS / 2005 ML350 SE / 2008 smart
Anyone here who thinks they have been helped by AMGSC's follies, please raise your hand....

Originally Posted by crickets & frogs
. . . . .
the point is that these "kit manufacturers and tuners" have never been truthful with consumers !! So what the heck made you think your downward spiriling quest for the impossible was going to change anything ?

I guess, you are somewhat right... the only thing this thread has helped,
is to avoid forum readers to follow in any of your tuning footsteps.

Good luck blowing up the 63 !!!
Old 02-10-2007, 08:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by jgsx
AMGSC I'm giving you some honest advice here. Go back and delete every single post you can from this thread. If any employer were to ever read this, you'd be stripped of any decision making powers and they'd probably try to find a reason to fire you. Any prospective employer will probably google your name, and if they somehow find this thread, you're TOAST!
Please!...I'd wish I'm that famous that my name would come up. Great free advertising for my custom kit (if I decide to go forth) would'nt it? Now you're getting silly.

Next up for you! When do you want to race for PINKS? I'm ready. As a matter of fact. Since I'm getting so much LOVE from C32 owners, here's my CHALLENGE. I will take on ANY C32 in a quarter mile race or 3 laps around either ButtonWillow or Willow Springs, CA tracks and the winner will take the other's ride for keeps! ITS TIME TO PUT UP or SHUT UP!

Last edited by AMGSC; 02-10-2007 at 08:21 PM.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S

Please!...I'd wish I'm that famous that my name would come up. Great free advertising for my custom kit (if I decide to go forth) would'nt it? Now you're getting silly.

Next up for you! When do you want to race for PINKS? I'm ready. As a matter of fact. Since I'm getting so much LOVE from C32 owners, here's my CHALLENGE. I will take on ANY C32 in a quarter mile race or 3 laps around either ButtonWillow or Willow Springs, CA tracks and the winner will take the other's ride for keeps! ITS TIME TO PUT UP or SHUT UP!
Are you sure you don't need some Lithium or Depakote? Sounds like you're in a hypomanic state. Did you recently start taking SSRIs or any other anti-depressants? You also show some features of a paranoia.... I wonder why??

Please, save yourself some embarassment and move on. Your M113 is more likely to blow up than not so please don't abuse it any further.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This thread may very end with either me making at least 450rwhp with my current motor or it blows for good.

Then I'll start another thread with a 6.3 motor and look for somebody to Twin Turbo it after lowering the CR to make 650bhp or something ridiculous. I'll still plan on doing it cheaper than having to buy a higher CLASS model with the OEM blower or Turbo. It'd be fun to blow away Z06s, M6s, and all the higher Benz classes for under $90K.

Last edited by AMGSC; 02-10-2007 at 09:12 PM.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
This thread may very end with either me making at least 450rwhp with my current motor or it blows for good.

Then I'll start another thread with a 6.3 motor and look for somebody to Twin Turbo it after lowering the CR to make 650bhp or something ridiculous. I'll still plan on doing it cheaper than having to buy a higher CLASS model with the OEM blower or Turbo. It'd be fun to blow away Z06s, M6s, and all the higher Benz classes for under $90K.
OK, you're either hypomanic or schizotypal....

It's good to have an ambition, but being realistic is also important...... How're you goin to put the 6.3 engine in your car? Where are you going to get one? What makes you think the new M273s appropriate for supercharging since it has high CR as well? What are you going to do to the Motronics? How about transmission? It uses the new 7G. How do you mate the engine with the older 5sp tranny?

I said it once and I'm going to say it again, "I feel sorry for your car because it has an owner like you."

Last edited by Kev04C320; 02-10-2007 at 09:32 PM.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:29 PM
Out Of Control!

I'll take it blows for good for $100 Alex.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
I'm convinced you should be barred from ever owning another Mercedes, or any nice car

For that matter, you really sound crazy here, constantly contradicting yourself, then actually planning on BLOWING UP YOUR MOTOR!

I am not trying to destroy my car just for fun......

PRICE was never a major consideration.

I may have wasted alot of time and money trying to get this kit to work as promised

In fact, If my engine gets a clean bill of health. I might be back at it again

You say above that "PRICE WAS NEVER A MAJOR CONSIDERATION" then below you say you "Plan on doing it cheaper than having to buy the higher class model?"

Then I'll start another thread with a 6.3 motor and look for somebody to Twin Turbo it after lowering the CR to make 650bhp or something ridiculous.

I'll still plan on doing it cheaper than having to buy a higher CLASS model.
I think you've lost it Come on man I know your a good guy, and share the same hobbies as us but.... What are you saying? Doing?

Last edited by Thericker; 02-10-2007 at 09:48 PM.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Originally Posted by JamE55
I'll take it blows for good for $100 Alex.
Maybe we should convince William-Hill to setup a bet for MBWORLD.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:38 PM

C 55
Omfg!!!!

I haven't been on the board for a few months and STILL your at this!
WHY????
Old 02-10-2007, 09:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Thericker
For that matter, you really sound crazy here, constantly contradicting yourself, then actually planning on BLOWING UP YOUR MOTOR!

You say above that "PRICE WAS NEVER A MAJOR CONSIDERATION" then below you say you "Plan on doing it cheaper than having to buy the higher class model?"

I think you've lost it Come on man I know your a good guy, and share the same hobbies as us but.... What are you saying? Doing?
It's too easy to just buy an E, CL, CLS or S with Factory SCs or TTs. You'll be just like EVERYBODY else who can affort it. You'll be one of the many clones with money.

I want something truly UNIQUE that breaks the mold in terms of Value, Quality AND Performance. What if it can be done? I was hoping it was HPS but maybe another company? Imagine a common guy like some of us who can step into the SUPERCAR realm with a GERMAN made car for under $60K and add 150 to 250bhp for a grand total of under $70K.

The C55 or C63 would be a god among German tuner sedans!
Old 02-10-2007, 09:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
It's too easy to just buy an E, CL, CLS or S with Factory SCs or TTs. You'll be just like EVERYBODY else who can affort it. You'll be one of the many clones with money.

I want something truly UNIQUE that breaks the mold in terms of Value, Quality AND Performance. What if it can be done? I was hoping it was HPS but maybe another company? Imagine a common guy like some of us who can step into the SUPERCAR realm with a GERMAN made car for under $60K and add 150 to 250bhp for a grand total of under $70K.

Can we say wishful thinking? You plan already failed once and you don't appear that you learned anything from your mistakes? What's going to prevent from failing for a second time?
Old 02-10-2007, 09:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by SuperC55
WHY????
Because it's in your blood just like me! Do it! I'm sure YOU have the team that can shoe-horn the 6.3 into a C body and TT it. If you succeed I will follow..
Old 02-10-2007, 10:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo

I see what you're saying but....as your own experience has shown you, it can't be done, unless you use a proven real tuner such as Kleemann etc...

This does not reflect Jessies abilities, as the gen II is inherently flawed.

Given what he had to work with (gen II) it's truely amazing that he got any power outta that blower, a true credit to his tunning abilities I hear he's working on TT for his new CLS63 That is gonna be hott!!

Also using a Merc as a platform??? If you want Super Car perf grab a C6 and slap twins on 'err you'll run in the 9's for about 70k and be able to handle the twisties...

But with your mentality I'm surprised you have'nt just tried adding NOS to your current set-up? talk about going out with a BANG

Obviously you'll do what you want w/your car, but the Huns are restless & you're bound to get far more negative replies if you continue this path...Good luck!

All these statements are merely my opinions, yours may vary.

Last edited by Thericker; 02-11-2007 at 12:03 AM.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:01 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
04 E55 B07
Robert, did they replace the intercooler already or you're still waiting?
Old 02-10-2007, 10:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by SuperC55
WHY????
Yo what up Brandon?
Old 02-10-2007, 10:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by mertd93
Robert, did they replace the intercooler already or you're still waiting?
Just curious...Are you an HPS customer or basher? Either way I'll be truthful and tell you that I'm still waiting since I have not heard from Jim yet. He told me it would take 1 day...Jim also told me they are upgrading the intercooler that is much more durable and higher capacity with greater cooling surface area. I hope ALL HPS customers gets theirs replaced as well. Hey if you are an HPS customer I'm sacrificing my car to make the kit better component by component, one at a time for all. Don't forget to thank me by honking your horn if you see me on the freeways of SO CAL!
Old 02-10-2007, 10:23 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
04 E55 B07
Just curious...Are you an HPS customer or basher? Either way I'll be truthful and tell you that I'm still waiting since I have not heard from Jim yet. He told me it would take 1 day...Jim also told me they are upgrading the intercooler that is much more durable and higher capacity with greater cooling surface area. I hope ALL HPS customers gets theirs replaced as well. Hey if you are an HPS customer I'm sacrificing my car to make the kit better component by component, one at a time for all. Don't forget to thank me by honking your horn if you see me on the freeways of SO CAL!
I am neither a customer or a basher, but i have a friend with the kit and his is running flawless. You have 1 of the first kits that had bad intercoolers.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.

Quick Reply: Need Advice on Adding More Power to HPS SC