C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Need Advice on Adding More Power to HPS SC

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.

Old 02-13-2007, 05:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVE
Originally Posted by ScottW911
What has Vadim ever posted to make you go after such an upstanding member/sponsor in such a vicious, ignorent and underhanded way?
What HASN'T Vadim posted that would'nt want anyone who uses SpeedInnovation to NOT stand up for a guy (Jesse - or me whatever you think) not able to represent himself to all the thief-calling, fake, BS slanderous claims, that surrounds the software in the MBWorld environment.

More . No one takes it for what it is. I never had a problem with Vadim UNTIL all the bashing on this software happened (I've been a completely satisfied customer of SI tuning for ALL my household vehicles - '01X5, '02 1.8T, '03C230 - yes, that encompasses nearly 3+ years of no hassles.)
Old 02-13-2007, 05:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVE
Originally Posted by Cops_h8_me!
+1 Vadim seems like the best and certainly the only MB guy that gives a $#it!

As for Mig888 well he is upset because Vadim called him out about being Jesse or Jose from Speed Innovation that is *hiding* behine the Mig888 handle. Thats all.
You're the freakin' world's greatest, buddy :\.

edit: Awesome, my reply to mr. "hidden agenda" is my 1000th post ;D.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:01 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac
+1 Vadim seems like the best and certainly the only MB guy that gives a $#it!

As for Mig888 well he is upset because Vadim called him out about being Jesse or Jose from Speed Innovation that is *hiding* behine the Mig888 handle. Thats all.
Oh yeah, I had forgotten that junk. Now it all makes sense.

Post #1401 sure sounds like someone with a personal stake in SI.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVE
Originally Posted by ScottW911
Oh yeah, I had forgotten that junk. Now it all makes sense.

Post #1401 sure sounds like someone with a personal stake in SI.
Lol, do you want to see a picture of all three cars in front of my house?
Old 02-13-2007, 06:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 A4 S Line
Did you miss the part of this thread where Vadim and Brad owned themselves by jumping to conclusions that were incorrect regarding Mig888?
Old 02-13-2007, 06:11 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
Blake,

I certainly would not call it an "owning" that the site owner was shown facts to support a conclusion. And upon continued investigation proactively reversed the finding and made all right. I guess you and I are different though. LOL

Thanks for being part of MY site - maybe you should remember that. The fact is that without ME and Simon you would not have this site. This is not a public forum, but a private one that Simon and I pay the bill for each and every month.

Further if I, or anyone at evosport, were as biased as people like you claim and try to promote, we would not let ANY of these discussions continue, we would simply ban anyone who does not sell ours stuff. Ever think about that?

Thanks
Brad
Old 02-13-2007, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Originally Posted by otoupalik
Blake,

I certainly would not call it an "owning" that the site owner was shown facts to support a conclusion. And upon continued investigation proactively reversed the finding and made all right. I guess you and I are different though. LOL

Thanks for being part of MY site - maybe you should remember that. The fact is that without ME and Simon you would not have this site. This is not a public forum, but a private one that Simon and I pay the bill for each and every month.

Further if I, or anyone at evosport, were as biased as people like you claim and try to promote, we would not let ANY of these discussions continue, we would simply ban anyone who does not sell ours stuff. Ever think about that?

Thanks
Brad
Brad, you would have to change your screen name to GUSTAV to do that
Old 02-13-2007, 06:17 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
Originally Posted by Kev04C320
Brad, you would have to change your screen name to GUSTAV to do that
LOL!
Old 02-13-2007, 07:30 PM

C63 AMG (stock right now), Beach Cruiser (debadged), Piper Cherokee 280 (too much to mention)
now attack me...

Originally Posted by mig888
You're the freakin' world's greatest, buddy :\.

edit: Awesome, my reply to mr. "hidden agenda" is my 1000th post ;D.
LOL whatever you say on adgenda's! I am not the first person to see it...

Perhaps if you didnt spend so much time posting thousands of times you could afford a 'big' C350 instead of the lil 230 engine.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 A4 S Line
I don't care what you call it, but you definitely did the right thing.

Trust me, I appreciate it. Thanks guys!
Old 02-13-2007, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: San Diego, CA & San Jose, Costa Rica & Stuttgart, Germany
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1959 220S / 1979 230 G / 2002 A210 AMG / 2003 C320 SC / 2004.5 C320 SS / 2005 ML350 SE / 2008 smart
i love MBWorld !!!
Old 02-13-2007, 09:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Audi C7.5 S6
This thread is more bizarre than Anna Nicole Smith stories, I hope it turns out better.
Attached Images  
Old 02-13-2007, 10:04 PM

W208 55 & R170 230
haven't been on the forum for a while.,! wow., what a funny...
story.

anyways.,,,,,,,,,,,,,, some technical question, any one know what is the voltage for the MAF before it will be picked?
Old 02-13-2007, 10:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Not trying to string this thread out on purpose

Guys, I'm trying to close this thread soon because all I'm getting now are bashings and insults instead of the advice I was getting earlier. You guys said I never listened to your advice but look at what actions I took based on the advice from the better forum members posting on this thread.

1) I got chip tuning
2) I upgraded the intercooler pump and now the intercooler.
3) I got the colder plugs and wires.
4) I took off the 2.5" pulley.
5) I got the MeH2O.

As for the latest update before I go "Dark". My compression check was completed and according to Jim. Each cylinder tested between 195-202psi and were within 10% of each other which is ideal. So bottom line is NO ENGINE DAMAGE. I hate to dissapoint you C32 cynics.

I have this documented on my invoice as evidence in case something happens in the future. I paid $200 for this service plus another $100 for a complete racing oil and ultra high-performance filter change.

Jim test drove it and it felt smooth and powerful with instant throttle response and white knuckle acceleration like NEVER before.

As for going "Dark", I am going to follow-up on some encouraging information on the MP122H (High Helix) that Jim disclosed to me.

He told me that the MP122H made 75rwhp MORE than the MP112 with only 6.5psi versus 7.0 on the Corvette LS1 and LS2 engines during testing by swapping one out with the other on back-to-back runs.

He also showed me two blowers side-by-side and the physical footprint is almost identical except that it's a 1/4" longer. That's were the similariy ends. The intake port is much bigger, rotors much more twisted and the outlet port has a different more tapered shape.

All HPS needs to do is drill two new holes in plate that mounts to the outlet port of the blower and "Viola" a new more powerful kit that Jim thinks may put out an additional 50rwhp over the MP112. The reason he thinks it will not produce 75rwhp like the Vettes is because of the restrictions of the Drive-by-Wire throttles of the MBs.

I am trying to reach Adam and Bill to see if they are willing to use my car as the prototype for this RE-INTRODUCTION of the GEN II as Jim coined it. Furthermore Jim claimed that I would not need to retune the car after this blower swap.

My plan is to see if HPS is ambitious enough to pursue this MP122H route because Jim is DEFINITELY a strong advocate. If not then I'll probably just go with the Kleemann because Jim and Mike (the mechanic/technican) both said this the MP122 is just too SMALL for my 5.5 motor and putting a smaller pulley to increase boost will do no good. The TVS is no longer in the immediate plans since it has a completley differenct footprint and characteristics and would be a complete kit redesign.

Last edited by AMGSC; 02-14-2007 at 01:59 AM.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:02 PM
Banned

06' Clk 500 Cabriolet, 01' CL 55, 00' Clk 430
Originally Posted by mtimmy
anyways.,,,,,,,,,,,,,, some technical question, any one know what is the voltage for the MAF before it will be picked?
Old 02-13-2007, 11:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
Originally Posted by AMGSC
Guys, I'm trying to close this thread soon because all I'm getting now are bashings and insults instead of the advice I was getting earlier. You guys said I never listened to your advice but look at what actions I took based on the advice from forum members posting on this thread.

1) I got chip tuning
5) I got the MeH2O.

As for the latest update before I go "Dark". My compression check was completed and according to Jim. Each cylinder tested between 195-202psi and were within 10% of each other which is ideal. So bottom line is NO ENGINE DAMAGE. I have this documented on my invoice as evidence in case something happens in the future. I paid $200 for this service plus another $100 for a complete racing oil and ultra high-performance filter change.

Jim test drove it and it feldt smooth and powerful.

As for going "Dark", I am going to follow-up on some encouraging information on the MP122H (High Helix) that Jim disclosed to me.

He told me that the MP122H made 75rwhp MORE than the MP112 with only 6.5psi versus 7.0 on the Corvette LS1 and LS2 engines during testing by swapping one out with the other on back-to-back runs.

He also showed me two blowers side-by-side and the physical footprint is almost identical except that it's a 1/4" longer. That's were the similariy ends. The intake port is much bigger, rotors much more twisted and the outlet port has a different more tapered shape.

All HPS needs to do is drill two new holes in plate that mounts to the outlet port of the blower and "Viola" a new more powerful kit that Jim thinks may put out an additional 50rwhp over the MP112. The reason he thinks it will not produce 75rwhp like the Vettes is because of the restrictions of the Drive-by-Wire throttles of the MBs.

I am trying to reach Adam and Bill to see if they are willing to use my car as the prototype for this RE-INTRODUCTION of the GEN II as Jim coined it. Furthermore Jim claimed that I would not need to retune the car after this blower swap.

My plan is to see if HPS is ambitious enough to pursue this MP122H route because Jim is DEFINITELY a strong advocate. If not then I'll probably just go with the Kleemann because Jim and Mike (the mechanic/technican) both said this the MP122 is just too SMALL for my 5.5 motor and putting a smaller pulley to increase boost will do no good. The TVS is no longer in the immediate plans since it has a completley differenct footprint and characteristics and would be a complete kit redesign.
You didn't answer. You challenged to race the C32. Someone bit. Are you going to "put up or shut up?"
Old 02-13-2007, 11:27 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac
Originally Posted by m444
This thread is more bizarre than Anna Nicole Smith stories, I hope it turns out better.

From the sound of it, not likely.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:25 AM
Banned

06' Clk 500 Cabriolet, 01' CL 55, 00' Clk 430
Jim claimed that I would not need to retune the car after this blower swap.
I have BIG problem with these statement..............How can he claimed something that he have never test the product itself on a C55? He said that all the testing and tuning of the kit that was on my car and 3 others people cars that we know and said that everything was running perfectly but in reality when we re-dyno the car..........all the cars was running lean and not making the power until Jessie tuned it. That should tell you alot about a person of their words. Do not take anyone words for it unless there are proof. Robert, why are you still asking for more nightmare? My advice, if your engine is still in good condition, why not go with kleemann?
Old 02-14-2007, 01:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by jgsx
You didn't answer. You challenged to race the C32. Someone bit. Are you going to "put up or shut up?"
Yes I accept the offer! Now I just need to find a driver. Perhaps the instructor at Willow Springs who drove the Modded "Stang" like a man possessed. I will ask him.

The race may have to wait a week until I get an answer from Bill and Adam about the MP122H. I guess I can always just get a machine shop referral from Jim to modify the plate to fit the MP122H since the kit now belongs to me and is out of warranty.

There's no point in putting on the HI-Flow Cats, Headers, Downpipes and maybe cams until I get the new blower possibility sorted out. Quaife is still going in next week.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Silver 2002 C32, Silver 2006 CLK 350
Yes I accept the offer! Now I just need to find a driver. Perhaps the instructor at Willow Springs who drove the Modded "Stang" like a man possessed. I will ask him.

you were challenging us for a race then now your looking for a driver. you just proved it your all talk!
Old 02-14-2007, 03:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
I never said I would race a pro driver at the track AMGSC. Your quote was that even a novice like you would have me pointing you by every lap (because your car was so much quicker). So I say earn that point by by your self with your current car.

I could go strap an acme rocket to my car and fly past Fernando Alanso....
Old 02-14-2007, 05:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Guys, I'm trying to close this thread soon because all I'm getting now are bashings and insults instead of the advice I was getting earlier. You guys said I never listened to your advice but look at what actions I took based on the advice from the better forum members posting on this thread.

1) I got chip tuning
5) I got the MeH2O.

As for the latest update before I go "Dark". My compression check was completed and according to Jim. Each cylinder tested between 195-202psi and were within 10% of each other which is ideal. So bottom line is NO ENGINE DAMAGE. I hate to dissapoint you C32 cynics.

I have this documented on my invoice as evidence in case something happens in the future. I paid $200 for this service plus another $100 for a complete racing oil and ultra high-performance filter change.

Jim test drove it and it felt smooth and powerful with instant throttle response and white knuckle acceleration like NEVER before.

I've got news for you Robert, your being duped bro! I'm in the Vette world now, follow this closely the MP122 is being SCRAPPED remember you said so yourself earlier in this thread, only a few Vette guys are trying to use this mp122, and only in scenarios where they have "HEAVILY MODDED ENGINES" IE.. HEADS, CAMS, HEADERS, FORGED ENGINES, is when the tuners selling the mp122 are advocating it use making any aditional power, they even admit on an otherwise stock engine there is ABSOLUTELY NO POWER TO BE GAINED FROM IT'S USE! and they've found it "DOESN'T MAKE ANY MORE POWER THAN THE MP112" on heavily modded motors, I don't know where Jim is getting his info but from everything I've read and there's a plethora of it over on the Vette forums, guys are pissed, w/extra expense same or a hair more power than the MP112.

Do I have to go dig up your old post for you? where you state the MP122 was just a stepping stone for the latest rumored TVS, or whatever it's called?
That was the only true thing you've said about this blower in a long while.

Did you even know Maggie/Maggnuson was bought out by Callaway? a couple months back?

Also w/this new mp122 bogus info, I wouldn't trust this white knuckle never felt new power on your old abused engine garb... You are a salesmens dream customer constantly buying the next pitch, never doubting a word, until it's too late.

Last edited by Thericker; 02-14-2007 at 06:57 AM.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
I'll go did up some comparitive MP112 v. MP122 dynos for you to cry over, or hopefully learn and listen to some of us that are trying to help you.

Here's a bone stock C6 6.0 liter w/older MP112 maggie DYNO rwhp rwto...
@only 7psi on a A6 auto tranny..

Now here's a MP122 w/8psi of boost, Manual 6 speed, so much less drive line loss % has a perf blower Cam installed, long tube headers, hi flow-cats, custom x pipe, 100mm maf, cat-back exhaust, LPE cold air intake, same 6.0 liter engine...

Above mods alone would add 70rwhp 70rwto, easily ask any C6 Vette guy, now throw in an extra pound of boost this is at 8psi another EZ 15-20rwhp here's the MP122 dyno below...

Last edited by Thericker; 02-14-2007 at 07:05 AM.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
So that's 63.4 more rwhp & 23.3 rwto

Mods..
Longtube headers w/hi flow cats & X pipe, add easy 25-30rwhp
blower Cam-----------------------------add easy 25-30 rwhp
Cat-back less than 5 rwhp
100mm maf less than 5rwhp
cold Air intake less than 5rwhp
manual 6 speed less dyno loss % compared to A6 auto 5-10%
1 more pound of boost lets say 10 rwhp just to be really fare
total-----just round it off to a really under estimated 70 rwhp 70 rwto

497.8 467.4 ---------bone stock LS2 w/ mp112
70.0+ 70.0+
-------------------
567.8rwhp 537.4rwto what the MP 112 would be w/above mods + 1 more lb of boost

Now tell me how much better the mp122 is? and why aren't they keeping it if the Vette guys are gaining 75rwhp w/it as Jim says?

Also I giantly under estimated those gains, they'd be a lot more in the real world over the mp122... mp112 makes way more torque..

Last edited by Thericker; 02-14-2007 at 07:06 AM.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
You did it again. Just when I think you can't get any worse, you outdo yourself. The offer was with you driving. You obviously can't put up.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.

Quick Reply: Need Advice on Adding More Power to HPS SC