C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Need Advice on Adding More Power to HPS SC

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.

Old 02-17-2007, 09:35 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
monowiper
this thread is hilarious
Miss Cleo said in couple weeks when the car is "ready", the track won't be good enough...
Old 02-17-2007, 10:34 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06' Clk 500 Cabriolet, 01' CL 55, 00' Clk 430
Originally Posted by Thericker
Gee that's not what Linh, told me, he said MechTech had to eat the entire bill?? and hps never paid them back for OVERHAULING his engine

Hey Linh speak up? what's the actual truth?

Sean, stuffs that you heard is MORE then 1 year old !!!! Don't treat it like it happen just yesterday. The Bill was pay by all three parties !!!!
Old 02-17-2007, 10:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Clk&Slk
Sean, stuffs that you heard is MORE then 1 year old !!!! Don't treat it like it happen just yesterday. The Bill was pay by all three parties !!!!
? Linh?? You must've told me a dozen times the opposite of what you're saying now??

How am I "treating it like it happened yesterday?"

Edit: so now you're saying, all 3 parties paid??? You should keep me better informed linh, the last I heard from you on this was about 3 months ago?

Sorry If I didn't have your latest scoop that's why I asked, don't get bent on me bro.

Last edited by Thericker; 02-17-2007 at 10:52 PM.
Old 02-17-2007, 11:05 PM

AMG 55, 335i, Mini Cooper S
Originally Posted by AMGSC
Mario,
I don't get it. You bash HPS yet you are SO PROUD of your HPS KIT.

Anyway, HPS declined to upgrade the blower and it mostly likely would be too costly to do a one-off AND get it Carb-certified as TheRicker pointed out so I'm going to check out HOW much bigger the AUTOROTOR TWIN-SCREW that Kleemann uses versus the MP112 before pulling the trigger and driving up to Colorado Springs.
My kit is a GEN 1 not a GEN 2 and thats why is works. My kit is not the best but I have had good results by tweeking it and having help from others, not HPS. I'm happy with my kit and for $3500 I got 100whp, not bad. I haven't called HPS since I bought it because they just give me the run around. I hate to say but even my company has made some bad products in the past but I was smart enough to buy them back and never sell them again. The last thing I want to hear is an angry customer calling me everyday. My best customers are the ones that never call me. "hint hint"
Old 02-18-2007, 02:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by Kev04C320
It's rather blantantly obvious that you're talking about yourself here, Mr. AMGSC. I don't need to prove to you anything. Also, I don't post my transcript for just about every one. At least, it has to be worth my effort to open the website and download it.

I just feel sorry for your car for having a bad owner and getting hacked. However, you, on the other hand, had made a lot of promises and issued a lot of challenges that you backed out of. Who's more pathetic? You or me?

Enjoy your car in good health and happy new year

[Save this for yourself I wonder who got cheated with a forged dyno chart? I guess you can't tell if I posted a forged transcript either, right? ]
Just when I tried to make peace, you go back and edit your post? Is your ego bruised that bad? You probably won't be able to sleep tonight knowing that your Mail Order Med School Diploma ain't worth Sh*t. I may be hacking cars but no hospital or clinic would ever let you hack human bodies with your intellect. I think you should study Biology 101 more and waste less time here looking for more beating. And OH, did you make your last lease payment?

Last edited by AMGSC; 02-18-2007 at 02:57 AM.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Just when I tried to make peace, you go back and edit your post? Is your ego bruised that bad? You probably won't be able to sleep tonight knowing that your Mail Order Med School Diploma ain't worth Sh*t. I may be hacking cars but no hospital or clinic would ever let you hack human bodies with your intellect. I think you should study Biology 101 more and waste less time here looking for more beating. And OH, did you make your last lease payment?
I already edited the post before you do that. So, I should personally apologize to you for hurting your feelings. Sorry, Robert.

OK, back to answering your lingering questions / "insults": You don't pack enough punch to penetrate anyone's stratum corneum let alone ego. You've proved to everyone on the internet that you'are nothing but an internet tough guy. Do you really think someone will take your insult seriously? I already have two diplomas so I don't really need another mail order one, espeically knowing that I'll be getting a 3rd one in May 2009. Whatever you say is not going to change the facts about how you brutally hacked your car, even if you try to drag me to your own level.

Now that you've said it about Bio101, I do miss my old days as a teaching assistant teaching Bio151/152. You really remind me of some of my old students that would whine whine when they get paper back and found out they got a "C" on it. They would come up to me and tell me how much "effort" and "thought" they put into the paper and why they should have gotten an "A". Don't you see some striking similarities to yourself here? Thanks for reminding me that.

So, Mr. AMGSC, do you seriously think that your post really constitute a beating? Anyone that has pride in their line of work will just LOL and move on. Go take a look at the post of another of your Alma Mater's alumni on the forum to see what would remotely look like a "beating." Oh, wait, do you guys all have the same problem of making invalid assumptions and go on with "bashing"?

The lease payment remark is really uncalled for and you asked for it yourself. Someone tried to use the same rhetorical question on me and back fired in OT, so I'm not even going there again. All I can say is, I'm leasing my first automobile ever in Oct 2009 (335xi). And, no, the Targa4S will not be a lease.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:04 AM
Banned

06' Clk 500 Cabriolet, 01' CL 55, 00' Clk 430
Originally Posted by Thericker
?
1)Linh?? You must've told me a dozen times the opposite of what you're saying now??

2)How am I "treating it like it happened yesterday?"

3)Edit: so now you're saying, all 3 parties paid??? You should keep me better informed linh, the last I heard from you on this was about 3 months ago?

4)Sorry If I didn't have your latest scoop that's why I asked, don't get bent on me bro.

1) A dozen times..........please?!

2) Dude, what I told you is what HPS told me at the meeting I has with them and since then, it has been MORE then a year NOW !!! Things changed.

3) "You should keep me better informed".... Are you kidding me?
"The last I heard from you on this was about 3 months ago".......No, the last times we talked was about 3 months ago WAS about your cases and my case and that's all !!!

4) Dude, it not very smart for any of us to post on here and you know why.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by jgsx

and when someone actually accepts the offer

The guy backs out of his OWN challenge!

ALL TALK! BAN HIM!
This guy is out in left field. Willow Springs is the fast track around. It is a bunch of long straights connected with some sweeping corners. If there is ANY track out there that will enjoy a high power car it is big willow. I just got back from Spring Mountain (aka Pahrump Raceway) and that track is a technical place where you need to know how to drive and transition a car well.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz

"You REALLY don't think I've driven on tracks in my life? Do you REALISTICALLYthink my car can't keep up whether on straights or bends? Have'nt you talked on the phone with Linh who just test drove my car last night? It's insane how much power it has. And BTW...I've got the best suspension system made in the PSS9s AND the Stock C55 brakes are still better than CC's or Trekman's."

Ok here is one example why I dont feel like going back and forth in this thread any more. Rob (AMGSC) posts that a C55 has better brakes than the two C32 guys. Is he that uninformed on what his car came with? AMGSC the C55 and C32 have the SAME brake kits!!!! 13.6 inch 4 piston front calipers (same part numbers) and the rear is the same old twin piston vented rotor.

And before you go off talking about racing people it helps to figure out what you will be running against. I destroyed the brakes on my C32 from driving on the streets. Stock brakes are nearly pointless on the track. At Spring Mountain, the braking zones were so short and you needed to scrub off so much speed that we saw some brake fade on one car (never happened before with these pads at any other track) and caught the other cars pads on fire (forgot to do a whole cool down lap). So no the brakes on the car I use at the track are not stock Rob. Sorry.

All his posts say "when my car is fully built with every mod I can find I will come out and beat you." What we all need to remember is that cash and parts do not make your car fast. The thing between the steering wheel and the drivers seat is in charge of that.

There is no need to continue all this bantering. He will either come out and run or he will not. Either way I personally do not care. I love driving and will be at the track regardless of who shows up! Maybe we should all just leave AMGSC to his own game and just let it all take its course. These stories are just getting old and I dont feel like reading another 1500 posts about a broken car.

Also does he remember which car was the first on MBworld to have the Carlsson RS coil-over kit?

Last edited by CynCarvin32; 02-19-2007 at 02:03 PM.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by Kev04C320
I already edited the post before you do that. So, I should personally apologize to you for hurting your feelings. Sorry, Robert.

OK, back to answering your lingering questions / "insults": You don't pack enough punch to penetrate anyone's stratum corneum let alone ego. You've proved to everyone on the internet that you'are nothing but an internet tough guy. Do you really think someone will take your insult seriously? I already have two diplomas so I don't really need another mail order one, espeically knowing that I'll be getting a 3rd one in May 2009. Whatever you say is not going to change the facts about how you brutally hacked your car, even if you try to drag me to your own level.

Now that you've said it about Bio101, I do miss my old days as a teaching assistant teaching Bio151/152. You really remind me of some of my old students that would whine whine when they get paper back and found out they got a "C" on it. They would come up to me and tell me how much "effort" and "thought" they put into the paper and why they should have gotten an "A". Don't you see some striking similarities to yourself here? Thanks for reminding me that.

So, Mr. AMGSC, do you seriously think that your post really constitute a beating? Anyone that has pride in their line of work will just LOL and move on. Go take a look at the post of another of your Alma Mater's alumni on the forum to see what would remotely look like a "beating." Oh, wait, do you guys all have the same problem of making invalid assumptions and go on with "bashing"?

The lease payment remark is really uncalled for and you asked for it yourself. Someone tried to use the same rhetorical question on me and back fired in OT, so I'm not even going there again. All I can say is, I'm leasing my first automobile ever in Oct 2009 (335xi). And, no, the Targa4S will not be a lease.
Kev just walk away. No reason to go down to his level at all. I live in LA and I know many USC grads. Some are great people and others have a serious ego trip going all the time. My good USC friends are great people but the rude and tacky ones really suffer from the "my sh*t does not stink syndrome."

The ones who walk around USC vs UCLA waving their car keys in the faces of Bruin fans while drinking their 15th beer are not worth dealing with. He chose to insult your education and financial standing so just walk away. That attack was his last a last resort attempt to recover in this thread. Let him "win" and we can all just shake our heads as we enjoy this nice Presidents day.

In time AMGSC will alienate everyone on this forum if he keeps up hes current ways.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
Kev just walk away. No reason to go down to his level at all. I live in LA and I know many USC grads. Some are great people and others have a serious ego trip going all the time. My good USC friends are great people but the rude and tacky ones really suffer from the "my sh*t does not stink syndrome."

The ones who walk around USC vs UCLA waving their car keys in the faces of Bruin fans while drinking their 15th beer are not worth dealing with. He chose to insult your education and financial standing so just walk away. That attack was his last a last resort attempt to recover in this thread. Let him "win" and we can all just shake our heads as we enjoy this nice Presidents day.

In time AMGSC will alienate everyone on this forum if he keeps up hes current ways.
You're right. The 'SC grads at my school do not behave like Mr. AMGSC at all. I just wanted to see how he's supposed to
I could REALLY put him in HIS place on this public forum
Old 02-20-2007, 01:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: San Diego, CA & San Jose, Costa Rica & Stuttgart, Germany
1959 220S / 1979 230 G / 2002 A210 AMG / 2003 C320 SC / 2004.5 C320 SS / 2005 ML350 SE / 2008 smart
can we close this thread now ?

Old 02-20-2007, 01:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by Saprissa

+1
Old 02-20-2007, 12:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Not just yet my friend.

Originally Posted by Saprissa

This message goes out to all the C55 owners out there who are considering a Kleemann/Renntech for 13-18K installed to an HPS for $8K installed. That was the real purpose of my post. To promote a competitively priced kit that actually works as promised and is reliable.

I have gotten Mechtech to agree to upgrade the kit from the ground up. Starting with a much stronger and more efficient blower (MP122H). I just learned that Carb EO certification will be added for this new blower at their cost. Then they are going to look at the Kit components itself to see how the air-flow inside the plenum can be improved (ie. porting out the runners, rounding out the corners, raising the height, etc..)

I will stop reporting every detail but will come back to this forum when the entire project is completed with dyno results and track times.

I estimate will be about a month. Mechtech is supremely confident that it will make significantly more power than the Autorotor Twin-Screw that Kleemann uses. Until then thanks for putting up with this long chronicle of an attempt to bring a product to all C55 owners that can elevate it to Supercar status without the hefty price tag.

Last edited by AMGSC; 02-20-2007 at 12:04 PM.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1959 220S / 1979 230 G / 2002 A210 AMG / 2003 C320 SC / 2004.5 C320 SS / 2005 ML350 SE / 2008 smart
Unhappy

Not just yet my friend.
oh...
ok

Old 02-20-2007, 12:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
To promote a competitively priced kit that actually works as promised and is reliable.
Since when?!

Mechtech is supremely confident that it will make significantly more power than the Autorotor Twin-Screw that Kleemann uses. Until then thanks for putting up with this long chronicle of an attempt to bring a product to all C55 owners that can elevate it to Supercar status without the hefty price tag.
Look at how much you dumped into your car already not to mention the hasle, frustration, time w/o a car, unknown wear and tear, possible serious internal damage, etc., etc., etc., and you think this is a "competitive" "reliable" alternative "without a hefty price tag"??! I understand you think you are doing us all a favor, but you do know the difference between a fool and a hero...
Old 02-20-2007, 01:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by SilverBulletAMG
Since when?!

Look at how much you dumped into your car already not to mention the hasle, frustration, time w/o a car, unknown wear and tear, possible serious internal damage, etc., etc., etc., and you think this is a "competitive" "reliable" alternative "without a hefty price tag"??! I understand you think you are doing us all a favor, but you do know the difference between a fool and a hero...
Yes, I sacrificed a lot because I believed in a concept of making an SC affordable to C55 owners since a Kleemann or Renntech SC kit would make just buying an E a more logical choice.

I think future buyers will benefit from the improvements but of course I did'nt. Yes, I easily spent more on money and time on this kit than probably a Stage 8 Kleemann.

I know I'll never get any "Love" from the C32 owners here because they have absolutely NOTHING to gain if I succeed and maybe something to lose (bragging rights about how a modded V6 can outperform a stock V8) but can any C55 owners out there give a Shout out to support me. Would'nt you want to tear a stage 2 fully-modded Renntech or Evo C32 a new A**hole without spending a fortune?

Last edited by AMGSC; 02-20-2007 at 01:35 PM.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 C-Class Sportcoupe
This message goes out to all the C55 owners out there who are considering a Kleemann/Renntech for 13-18K installed to an HPS for $8K installed. That was the real purpose of my post. To promote a competitively priced kit that actually works as promised and is reliable.

I have gotten Mechtech to agree to upgrade the kit from the ground up. Starting with a much stronger and more efficient blower (MP122H). I just learned that Carb EO certification will be added for this new blower at their cost. Then they are going to look at the Kit components itself to see how the air-flow inside the plenum can be improved (ie. porting out the runners, rounding out the corners, raising the height, etc..)

I will stop reporting every detail but will come back to this forum when the entire project is completed with dyno results and track times.

I estimate will be about a month. Mechtech is supremely confident that it will make significantly more power than the Autorotor Twin-Screw that Kleemann uses. Until then thanks for putting up with this long chronicle of an attempt to bring a product to all C55 owners that can elevate it to Supercar status without the hefty price tag.
I find it very unlikely that other C55 owners would be willing to gamble on an unknown kit with no track record on the C55 as of yet. If I had a C55, I would just save up and go all out on a Kleeman S8 C55k. There's a reason why people buy from Kleeman and Renntech; brand recognition and service track record. Would you rather buy a real Rolex or a knockoff made in China that would only work a few days? Would Mechtech be willing to replace the MP122H kit at their own cost if components fail on it? Kleeman/Cory has replaced superchargers for free on previous customers cars when it failed. HPS and Mechtech did not even pay for your rental car, so I find it highly unlikely for Jim to deliver. I'm not trying to dissuade you from modding since we all share the same passion in our cars, be it C32 or C55. Just warning you that you should not be surprised if Mechtech's kit does not sell in the C55 market. If in fact you do finish installing the rest of your mods, just be happy it's a special one-off.

There's a slogan in business....

"Price, Quality, Speed, -- You can only have 2"
Old 02-20-2007, 02:01 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac
I know I'll never get any "Love" from the C32 owners here because they have absolutely NOTHING to gain if I succeed and maybe something to lose (bragging rights about how a modded V6 can outperform a stock V8) but can any C55 owners out there give a Shout out to support me. Would'nt you want to tear a stage 2 fully-modded Renntech or Evo C32 a new A**hole without spending a fortune?
This is the attitude that cost you the support of many people on this fourm. I do not recall any C32 owners looking for you to fail in your quest. I don't even recall any C32 owners acting competative with you. Only an idiot would believe a S/C'ed V6 couldn't outrun a properly S/C'ed V8. I, personally would have loved to have seen you succeed at what you were attempting. This in not an MB vs. MB thread or forum. But, somewhere in the back regions of your mind, you created this imaginary hatered for your project. Wrong.

What happened is what is called a "self-fulfilling prophecy". You thought we were out to get you, thus "no love". Because of your incoherent ramblings and name calling (liar being one) about our being out to get you, we (C32'er and all) really don't want to share our "love" with you anymore. Please stop being so paranoid, man.

Remember the Golden Rule. If you start treating others with respect, you'll see it coming back at you. I have felt only childish disdain from your posts for the last several weeks. Why don't you just spend some time trying to turn your attitude around. I am quick to forgive and help you in any way I can. I think there are alot of others here, C32 or C55 owners, that would do the same for you.

Are you with us? or against us?

ps: please quit with the infantile challenges to race. You have just made yourself look really stupid and petty with it. "Can't we all just get along".

Last edited by ScottW911; 02-20-2007 at 03:22 PM.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 C-Class Sportcoupe
Yes, I sacrificed a lot because I believed in a concept of making an SC affordable to C55 owners since a Kleemann or Renntech SC kit would make just buying an E a more logical choice.

I think future buyers will benefit from the improvements but of course I did'nt. Yes, I easily spent more on money and time on this kit than probably a Stage 8 Kleemann.

Your concept is flawed. Come up with a more appealing concept that does not isolate, discriminate, or downplay other business products. Picking fights against the C32 crowd will not glorify your character in any way. It only decreases the effectiveness of your accusations. I for one am not afraid of your C55k or the one driving it.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Silver 2002 C32, Silver 2006 CLK 350
I know IM not Scared!
Old 02-20-2007, 05:07 PM

C63 AMG (stock right now), Beach Cruiser (debadged), Piper Cherokee 280 (too much to mention)
Moral of this overly long thread is...

Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
+1
+1 close pointless thread!
Attached Thumbnails Need Advice on Adding More Power to HPS SC-amgsc.jpg  

Last edited by Cops_h8_me!; 02-20-2007 at 06:03 PM.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Cops_h8_me!
who really knows?
BWAHAHAHA!! That picture pretty much sums it up!
Old 02-20-2007, 05:50 PM
Super Moderator

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
It is terrible HPS is still in business with all their failures !
Old 02-20-2007, 06:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Exclamation

How altruistic of you !

Yes, I easily spent more on money and time on this kit than probably a Stage 8 Kleemann.
Ain't that the truth !

Robert, with all respect, this is where you need to wake up.

No C32 owners on this entire thread were up in arms with you until you began to call them out. A modded V6 can outperform a stock V8. Yeah, so ??? Who doesn't know that ??? Think about this... maybe the reason no C55 owners are NOT giving you a shout out of support, is because your method of attaining that love is flawed. There is no mythical C32 vs C55 rivalry on this board. If you notice, this section combines the C32 & C55 based on the same chassis (W203) and similar generational engines. The rivalry is in your head.... Just go to any MB/AMG meet... you don't see the C55 crowd throwing down their pinks against the C32 crowd. Actually, they are all parked together having a good time, laughing at the C230K crowd that wants to make 400 rwhp with $237.59 and a flat hood badge. And if you take a step back, also notice, that most people who gave you sound advice, were not C32 owners, but a myriad of other MB models, some tried & tested with motoring, tuning, racing, and true academic engineering and hands-on mechanical experience. All of which you chose to ignore.

Unfortunately to make the C55 the beast that you aspire to make, it does take a small fortune, and your shortcut methodology was flawed to begin with. That's where everyone chimed in to try to correct your ways, but you and you alone chose to follow the misguidance of broken promise makers and voodoo mechanics.

Carlos

Saprissa@aol.com
www.mbca.org/sandiego

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.

Quick Reply: Need Advice on Adding More Power to HPS SC