C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Need Advice on Adding More Power to HPS SC

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.

Old 02-20-2007, 07:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by Saprissa
How altruistic of you !

Ain't that the truth !

Robert, with all respect, this is where you need to wake up.

No C32 owners on this entire thread were up in arms with you until you began to call them out. A modded V6 can outperform a stock V8. Yeah, so ??? Who doesn't know that ??? Think about this... maybe the reason no C55 owners are NOT giving you a shout out of support, is because your method of attaining that love is flawed. There is no mythical C32 vs C55 rivalry on this board. If you notice, this section combines the C32 & C55 based on the same chassis (W203) and similar generational engines. The rivalry is in your head.... Just go to any MB/AMG meet... you don't see the C55 crowd throwing down their pinks against the C32 crowd. Actually, they are all parked together having a good time, laughing at the C230K crowd that wants to make 400 rwhp with $237.59 and a flat hood badge. And if you take a step back, also notice, that most people who gave you sound advice, were not C32 owners, but a myriad of other MB models, some tried & tested with motoring, tuning, racing, and true academic engineering and hands-on mechanical experience. All of which you chose to ignore.

Unfortunately to make the C55 the beast that you aspire to make, it does take a small fortune, and your shortcut methodology was flawed to begin with. That's where everyone chimed in to try to correct your ways, but you and you alone chose to follow the misguidance of broken promise makers and voodoo mechanics.

Carlos

Saprissa@aol.com
www.mbca.org/sandiego
Very articulately spoken/written! I guess I'm really mad, I mean somewhat crazy to do this. I feel like wanna-be scientist reading a book on how to conduct an experiment with no prior knowlege/training. I'm really beginning to appreciate the value that established companies like Kleemann, Renntech, Brabus, Carlsson, etc...bring with their extensive R&D and intimate knowlege of German Engineering and Mechanics. Well I thought it could'nt be that complicated to make some hardware and attach it to a blower to make serious power but maybe I was wrong. Compatible Tuning, Kit configuration and Cooling are all difficult to replicate.

I admit I got very defensive when advice was turning into frustration for members and myself because I wasn't ready to give up yet.

I am at the crossroads now of either going with Kleemann (If they would sell me one), selling the car and kit (lose almost everything) or going all the way with the MP122H at the risk of blowing my engine.

As you can see I don't have too many favorable options. For the more knowledgable car enthusiasts this is not news but I hope I can save a few car novices like me the headache/heartache I've experienced.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:51 PM
Out Of Control!

Originally Posted by AMGSC
I am at the crossroads now of either going with Kleemann (If they would sell me one), selling the car and kit (lose almost everything) or going all the way with the MP122H at the risk of blowing my engine.
You might just be in luck. The bible is in town.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:13 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
I admit I got very defensive when advice was turning into frustration for members and myself because I wasn't ready to give up yet.

As you can see I don't have too many favorable options. For the more knowledgable car enthusiasts this is not news but I hope I can save a few car novices like me the headache/heartache I've experienced.
Rob, I never thought I would read these words from you.

I am impressed.

I think in the end ,...............there is hope.......................

Lets see if the deeds..................... follow the words........

You are on the right track my friend............
Old 02-20-2007, 10:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 911 C4S
Good luck Robert

Do whatever is the best for your car.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Very articulately spoken/written! I guess I'm really mad, I mean somewhat crazy to do this. I feel like wanna-be scientist reading a book on how to conduct an experiment with no prior knowlege/training. I'm really beginning to appreciate the value that established companies like Kleemann, Renntech, Brabus, Carlsson, etc...bring with their extensive R&D and intimate knowlege of German Engineering and Mechanics. Well I thought it could'nt be that complicated to make some hardware and attach it to a blower to make serious power but maybe I was wrong. Compatible Tuning, Kit configuration and Cooling are all difficult to replicate.

Whoa buddy, you're begining to see the light at the end of the tunnel!
Old 02-21-2007, 12:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: San Diego, CA & San Jose, Costa Rica & Stuttgart, Germany
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1959 220S / 1979 230 G / 2002 A210 AMG / 2003 C320 SC / 2004.5 C320 SS / 2005 ML350 SE / 2008 smart
Very articulately spoken/written!
Thanks Robert. Just trying to bring sanity back to this downward spiriling thread.

I do hope you go with the KLEEMANN. It's tried & tested.

Take careful consideration what experienced forum members say here.
I don't know how many times they've saved my butt from going down the wrong path in the mod & tuning scene.

Carlos

Saprissa@aol.com
www.mbca.org/sandiego
Old 02-21-2007, 02:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Silver 2002 C32, Silver 2006 CLK 350
Robert we understand thats why we are here to give you good advice. No one want to see another member here be a victim.

I wish you luck
Old 02-21-2007, 08:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Kleemann Here I come?

Thanks guys for all your advice. My car is at Evosport now for the Quaife but they after that I'm getting a quote from them for the big K!

Now I've got some other issues with my kit that is either minor and can be fixed quickly (i.e. vacuum leak from loose hose) or will force me to remove it immediately (scraping sound from pulley shaft area). I hope it's not cracked like Eric's 2006 CLS500!

Last edited by AMGSC; 02-21-2007 at 10:54 PM.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Thanks guys for all your advice. My car is at Evosport now for the Quaife but they after that I'm getting a quote from them for the big K!

Now I've got some other issues with my kit that is either minor and can be fixed quickly (i.e. vacuum leak from loose hose) or will force me to remove it immediately (scraping sound from pulley shaft area). I hope it's not cracked like Eric's 2006 CLS500!
Just get rid of that damn HPS SC and get what's known to work already. Your constant speculation and endeavors are maddening! This is retarded now and so is this thread. Jeez! I bet when you get 1 of the 2 kits the whole climate of this conversation will be different because of the POSITIVE results you WILL experience. We'll be waiting to here from you and the great results you'll have from either installing the Renntech or the Kleeman kit. Good luck !
Old 03-21-2007, 01:17 AM
Banned

06' Clk 500 Cabriolet, 01' CL 55, 00' Clk 430
Pictures of AMGSC's car
Attached Thumbnails Need Advice on Adding More Power to HPS SC-412883-r1-12-11a_013.jpg   Need Advice on Adding More Power to HPS SC-412883-r1-21-20a_022.jpg   Need Advice on Adding More Power to HPS SC-412883-r1-23-22a_024.jpg   Need Advice on Adding More Power to HPS SC-412883-r1-24-23a_025.jpg   Need Advice on Adding More Power to HPS SC-412883-r1-22-21a_023.jpg  

Old 03-21-2007, 04:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Cool pic's guys!!

Is it just me? or does the front bumper on Linhs CLK55 look way more aggressive/bigger kooler than the C55? either way they both look hott!

Last edited by Thericker; 03-21-2007 at 04:38 AM.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:49 PM
Banned

Sean,

It nothing wrong with your eyes, the post 2006 AMG bumper is much more aggressive then the 2003-2005 AMG bumper. That's the only reason why I bought it. Btw Sean, you have your fact wrong again. I don't know where you get your info but mine Clk is a "500" not "55" as you mentioned it.

Last edited by Clk&Slk; 03-21-2007 at 01:52 PM.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Clk&Slk
Pictures of AMGSC's car
Thanks Linh for putting up the Pics. Your ride is real CLASS! My ride is more Brute Force.

Looks like there is still a little rubbing in the rear left so I have to get the Cambar kit as well as a set of Sway bars. Let me know what kind of pricing your buddy can get them for. I got quoted $150 to machine the H&R 10mil spacers you gave me. I think you can get it done cheaper.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Thanks Linh for putting up the Pics. Your ride is real CLASS! My ride is more Brute Force.

Looks like there is still a little rubbing in the rear left so I have to get the Cambar kit as well as a set of Sway bars. Let me know what kind of pricing your buddy can get them for. I got quoted $150 to machine the H&R 10mil spacers you gave me. I think you can get it done cheaper.
Where is the rubbing? I happen to be an expert on fixing rubbing on a W203! I have seen it all and fixed it all! What is the issue and I shall fix it

Nice brakes. Talk about a quality upgrade! Now turn those puppies brown with heat and then you are part of the crazy track crew!
Old 03-22-2007, 03:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Sean,

It nothing wrong with your eyes, the post 2006 AMG bumper is much more aggressive then the 2003-2005 AMG bumper. That's the only reason why I bought it. Btw Sean, you have your fact wrong again. I don't know where you get your info but mine Clk is a "500" not "55" as you mentioned it.
My bad! your AMG kit threw me off momentary memory loss....looks hot congratz~ I know you told me it was a 500 just a typo guy nothing to get twisted over Enjoy being topless?

What are the vehicle width wheelbase etc. differences? I swear w/that mean cool AMG front bumper it looks like a CL compared to a C32/C55 verry kool!

Last edited by Thericker; 03-22-2007 at 05:14 AM.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Robert/Linh: Cars are looking great guys!

Linh: is the bumper cover strictly bolt-on or does it require the reinforcements and other parts to be swapped out as well?
Old 03-22-2007, 03:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
Where is the rubbing? I happen to be an expert on fixing rubbing on a W203! I have seen it all and fixed it all! What is the issue and I shall fix it
I took it back to Status and they pounded and trimmed the left inner fender to the Max and it still rubbed. I then took it to Pacific Motorsport a few blocks away for an alignment tweak in order to force a negative camber on that left rear wheel but they could not. They said the same thing as Status. It needs a Camber kit with arm and bushings? The sway bars are just something that was suggested by mig888 (Jose) to further prevent rubbing.

Why are the left rear wheels ALWAYS the one that rubs from all the posts that I've read. The alignment guy told me that performance cars always have uneven camber between left and right wheels to prevent fishtailing and to improve handling. Is that true? What do you suggest I do to fix my rubbing issues? Can you give me some options ranging from low budget to optimal tracking performance? I hope I'm not repeating previous posts and threads but I don't have time to search at this moment.

Thanks.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
I took it back to Status and they pounded and trimmed the left inner fender to the Max and it still rubbed. I then took it to Pacific Motorsport a few blocks away for an alignment tweak in order to force a negative camber on that left rear wheel but they could not. They said the same thing as Status. It needs a Camber kit with arm and bushings? The sway bars are just something that was suggested by mig888 (Jose) to further prevent rubbing.

Why are the left rear wheels ALWAYS the one that rubs from all the posts that I've read. The alignment guy told me that performance cars always have uneven camber between left and right wheels to prevent fishtailing and to improve handling. Is that true? What do you suggest I do to fix my rubbing issues? Can you give me some options ranging from low budget to optimal tracking performance? I hope I'm not repeating previous posts and threads but I don't have time to search at this moment.

Thanks.
I dont want to babble away here in this thread but maybe you can take detailed pics and send me them so I can see the rubbing. I know we just got a 285 (a r-comp 275 which is just massive in size) sized rear tire on the car and it does not really rub anywhere but a tad on the inside and that is just because the fender is to small.

For rubbing on the outside it can be fixed and I will point you down a given road but I want to see what it looks like first. Also maybe you could meet up here in so-cal to see what we did and then you can do the same. Give me a date you could meet maybe.

And yes the drivers side is the bad side on our c32 as well. Mine was the same way too!
Old 03-22-2007, 06:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sdsilverm3
Robert/Linh: Cars are looking great guys!

Linh: is the bumper cover strictly bolt-on or does it require the reinforcements and other parts to be swapped out as well?

What are you talking about? Mine car came with the updated AMG body kit from factory !!!!!! 2006 is the first year model with the updated AMG bumper.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:27 PM
Banned

Why are the left rear wheels ALWAYS the one that rubs from all the posts that I've read.Thanks.
It could be because the weigh of the driver shift to the left side. If you have a passenger with you, the other side might rub too.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

What are you talking about? Mine car came with the updated AMG body kit from factory !!!!!! 2006 is the first year model with the updated AMG bumper.
Sorry wasn't aware of that since I don't see many CLK's around. I'm guessing you don't know the answer to my question then.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:46 PM
zee

2004 Silver CLK500
Thumbs up

Robert,

Nice to see your car in person. I am amazed at the lengths you go to in getting your car modded. Good luck with Kleemann. Keep us posted of your car's continous transformation.

Linh, nice car. Which CLK is that, a 500 or 55.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
It could be because the weigh of the driver shift to the left side. If you have a passenger with you, the other side might rub too.
not really. When you get inside the wheel well and measure the fitments relative to the body you quickly see that most cars are not built evenly. It is normal to have an uneven car but most cars seem to have more rubbing on the drivers side. I can fill the truck to the gills and stick 4 tires and more stuff in the back seat to go to a track event and the car only makes slight rubbing under FULL compression on the drivers side. At that point the entire rear of the car is hitting bump stop so its not a matter of drivers big butt

Also Rob sway bars wont do ANYthing to stop rubbing. Thats one of the funnier things I have come across but its a bunch of hokey. The camber could fix it but you will need speedybenz camber links, rear renntech subframe upgrades, or a set of K-mac bushings to chance camber on the rar axle.

E-mail me.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sdsilverm3
Sorry wasn't aware of that since I don't see many CLK's around. I'm guessing you don't know the answer to my question then.
I personally don't know because I haven't try it. But other people from this forum has done it before. Just do a search in the CLK 55 forum. It going to cost you at least around $2500 just for part (foglight, grilles..etc).
Old 03-22-2007, 08:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by zee
Robert,Linh, nice car. Which CLK is that, a 500 or 55.
It a 500. I don't really care about performance anymore after what I went throught with HPS kit on my CL 55. I should could have wait for the 550 if I want the power.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.

Quick Reply: Need Advice on Adding More Power to HPS SC