C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Car shifted into neutral?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2006 | 02:47 PM
Almost a Member!

'02 C32 AMG
Question Car shifted into neutral?

I was driving onto a two-lane onramp that merges into one lane. I stepped on it to pass the guy and get on the highway, but as I gassed it, the RPM's just went up and I went nowhere...It was like i was in neutral...

I put my hazards on and pulled to the side of the road, and finally it started going again. This has never happened to me before...

I also have a feeling that my car doesn't have the acceleration it used to have... How do I check on the MAF/MAP to check on this. I've also had the tranny-jerk in stop and go traffic. Any help/recommendations?

I'm under complete warranty and right now my other problems are:

COMMAND system won't eject CD's sometimes
Parking mirror won't reset all the way
Both seats don't have heat for butt-pad, but work for back-pad
rear sunshield won't work sometimes

Should I bring it in? I hate the MB San Diego stealership, they're terrible for service.
Old 03-09-2006 | 03:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63
Originally Posted by A-Pod
I'm under complete warranty and right now my other problems are:

COMMAND system won't eject CD's sometimes
Parking mirror won't reset all the way
Both seats don't have heat for butt-pad, but work for back-pad
rear sunshield won't work sometimes

Should I bring it in? I hate the MB San Diego stealership, they're terrible for service.
Hi A-pod.. Yes MB of San Diego is terrible! I went to MB of Escondido for my last issues (front sway bushings, thrust arms, etc..)

Are you under factory warranty or extended warranty? They told me that the Command isn't covered under the extended warranty. I have the fan noise when I first get in the car in the morning. I guess as long as it works I shouldn't complain.

I also have the parking mirror problem. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

I would take it in for the tranny problem for sure. I have taken my car in to both MB of SD and Escondido for the jerking problem. Escondido said I had a leaky seal and they replaced. It doesn't seem as bad but its still there. MB of San Diego denies that the problem even exists, before and after the seal was replaced. When I mentioned the problems with others on the forum regarding the jerky tranny the SA said I have never heard of that problem.. Yeah.. right!!

Good luck
Old 03-09-2006 | 03:40 PM

2003 C32
it happened to me, it's a transmission problem. probably need a new module.
Old 03-09-2006 | 04:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55 ///AMG, 535xi
I had trany problems too, did u change ur tranny oil yet? maybe its dirty?
Old 12-15-2009 | 10:09 PM

2005 E55 Sedan (Peuter)
Guys, sorry to revive an old thread, but I had this exact problem in an 05 E55 this morning. I was on a freeway on ramp, I gave it full throttle to about 80 mph, then let off to coast to about 70 when I noticed the tranny was in neutral with the gear selector in drive and the instrument cluster indicating "D". I pulled over to a stop, put the car in park, then reverse and it worked like normal. I drove off and haven't had another problem with it the rest of the day. Any updates? I'm really sweating this!
Old 12-16-2009 | 06:37 PM

'03C32 Obsidian Black, '76Toyota Celica GT TRD, '12R350 4matic Arctic White, '06 ML 350 arctic white
Happened to me once on a merge as well like the tranny got confused or something....never happened again though.
Old 12-20-2009 | 09:37 PM

'06 C55 AMG
I had this issue also, turned out I had a transmission leak and was low on transmission fluid. might be a good place to start...

Trending Topics

Old 12-21-2009 | 03:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 E350 4Matic
Yeah, as discussed in some older threads, 55's commonly develop a leak around the electrical connection box on the outside of the transmission (the "multiplug"?) and the seal between the engine and the tranny (the "seal ring"?). These seals needs to be replaced. I had mine replaced prophalatically to keep from running low on tranny fluid and developing the same problem. The multiplug is very easy to replace but, to replace the seal ring, you will have to drop the tranny.