C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

c32 transmision fluid check???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 12:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 c32 /////amg
c32 transmision fluid check???

does anyone know if theres any way to check the fluid level of the transmssion. i did some reaserch and found that the c32's sometimes burn off transmission oil. im wondering if anyone knows how to check it without going to the dealer. thanks
Old 04-22-2006, 12:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C32
Never heard of a C32 burning off transmission fluid. There is no way to check it yourself. A seal has to be broken and a special dipstick installed to check it.
Old 04-22-2006, 07:35 PM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by Zeppelin
Never heard of a C32 burning off transmission fluid. There is no way to check it yourself. A seal has to be broken and a special dipstick installed to check it.
so how do you change it?
Old 04-22-2006, 08:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32
You change it just like any other auto trans - drop the pan. To re-fill you break the seal on the fill tube and pour in the fluid.
Old 04-22-2006, 08:23 PM

2002 c32 /////amg
You change it just like any other auto trans - drop the pan. To re-fill you break the seal on the fill tube and pour in the fluid.
why would you have to "break" the seal to put fluid in? or what do you mean by break?
Old 04-22-2006, 09:45 PM
SPONSOR

so let me ask the obvious question, how do you reseal the tranny?
Old 04-22-2006, 10:01 PM

2002 c32 /////amg
Originally Posted by 1FASTC32
so let me ask the obvious question, how do you reseal the tranny?
thats what i was getting at..... i never heard of anyone breaking seals to get into parts.
Old 04-23-2006, 12:39 PM
SPONSOR

OR, i guess the other obvious question is, can we just leave a dip stick in there?
Old 04-23-2006, 05:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
silver 2002 c32 amg
after having my car come back negative for the glycol test to try and fix my transmission jerk, the dealer then suggested that i have the transmission fluid changed as they say this could be another cause of the problem.
they want to charge me £185.00 for this because as they say it is a serviceable item and is not covered by the warranty (which has now run out), i am not too sure about having it done as i dont think this will fix my problem and i would be interested to know what service a transmission fluid change would normally be done at
Old 04-23-2006, 05:49 PM
Almost a Member!

'02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by timberman
after having my car come back negative for the glycol test to try and fix my transmission jerk, the dealer then suggested that i have the transmission fluid changed as they say this could be another cause of the problem.
they want to charge me £185.00 for this because as they say it is a serviceable item and is not covered by the warranty (which has now run out), i am not too sure about having it done as i dont think this will fix my problem and i would be interested to know what service a transmission fluid change would normally be done at

that's a load of SHlT...don't do it...

the transmission problem is real and you need to find a stealership who will do the correct maintenaince...
Old 04-23-2006, 06:06 PM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by A-Pod

the transmission problem is real and you need to find a stealership who will do the correct maintenaince...
agreed! they are just trying to extract more money out of you now that the warranty has run its course...
Old 04-23-2006, 06:11 PM

silver 2002 c32 amg
Originally Posted by A-Pod

i feel the same way but since the glycol test came back negative i'm lost for any ideas , i've had the car in several times for the same problem which on my car is intermittant and they can't seem to find anything wrong . the last time i had it in was just before the warranty ran out and after getting nowhere i made a point of getting the service manager to agree that this fault was reported under warranty and so should still be covered if and when a fix is found
Old 04-23-2006, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32
Originally Posted by bViC
thats what i was getting at..... i never heard of anyone breaking seals to get into parts.
The tranny dickstick tube has a seal(locking tab) that must be broken(cut off) in order to insert the dick stick. Once the fluid is added or the level is checked a special tool is used to install a new seal. This is why they say the transmission is a sealed unit and requires no sevice. If you broke the seal on your own I'm sure they would void your warranty.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:47 PM
SPONSOR

ok, that makes more sense now based on what i was reading last night in the service manual...and i don't have a warranty anymore, so it is a non-issue...i need to change the fluid for peace of mind since i bought this vehicle used...going to put some Amsoil ATF fluid in....