C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Question for those who have taken their cars in for service campaign 2006-030011

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 07:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63, SLK55
Originally Posted by ScottW911
I would venture a guess that the MB tech was pulling that excuse from his butt to cover that said butt.
Exactly!
Old 06-01-2006, 09:08 AM

2002 C32 AMG Orion Blue Charcoal/Blue
Intermittent Power Loss

Unfortunately, I am now experiencing intermmittent power loss once the car is warm. It definitely feels as if I have no supercharger and the transmission becomes hesitant to shift up or down. It sounds to me like the intercooler pump issue but the dealer was unable to replicate the problem. The power and transmission response comes and goes. Very annoying.

Can someone (DCHAO, BLK HALO) who had the power loss problem fixed by the dealer post the part number for the intercooler pump and the description of the repair on the invoice? Can you also post the price of the repair?

Last edited by Carl AMG; 06-01-2006 at 10:15 AM.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:18 AM

C63, SLK55
Originally Posted by Carl AMG
Unfortunately, I am now experiencing intermmittent power loss once the car is warm. It definitely feels as if I have no supercharger and the transmission becomes hesitant to shift up or down. It sounds to me like the intercooler pump issue but the dealer was unable to replicate the problem. The power and transmission response comes and goes. Very annoying.

Can someone who had the power loss problem fixed by the dealer post the part number for the intercooler pump and the description of the repair on the invoice? Can you also post the price of the repair?
Welcome to the "Got screwed by the recall service club" lol! Did you start experiencing the power loss after the recall service?
The I\C pump part number is: 000-500-03-86
Old 06-01-2006, 10:49 AM

2002 C32 AMG Orion Blue Charcoal/Blue
Yes, a few weeks after the recall. I certainly would have ignored the recall if others were posting these experiences before I had mine done.

If you (or any others) have the description of the resolution from the dealer work order and the costs of the repair that would be very helpful.

I took the car to one dealer who couldn't replicate the problem and I had no CEL or codes. They told me the intercooler pump I suspected did not exist. I told them if they didn't know a water to air intercooler needed a pump to circulate the coolant I was in the wrong place.

I am setting an appointment with another dealer and want to give them a detailed description of the repair and about the effects of the recall.

Last edited by Carl AMG; 06-01-2006 at 10:52 AM.
Old 06-03-2006, 10:04 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
2019 E63s AMG
Just posted I guess about this too... god dammit, my car was running great before this recall. Going to take it back to the dealer this week.

On a side note.... can anyone get there car into DYNO mode now???? After recall?

I have followed the steps and it WILL NOT go into dyno mode anymore.
Old 06-04-2006, 04:34 PM

AMG Grocery Getter
just got my car back from the recall ... been driving it for 2 days now ... car runs fine no problem so far
Old 06-08-2006, 12:50 PM

C63, SLK55
Trekman:
Did you have the power loss due to a dead sec air injection pump(also known as smog pump) or a dead intercooler pump?

I tried to PM you but ur box is full. I Just want to be sure because I'm a little confused from one of your answers in one of the threads. it would help a lot If you could clarify my confusion.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Silver 2002 C32, Silver 2006 CLK 350
pm boxed cleaned..... when my secondary air pump went out my car ran normal I did a reset on the Check engine light and when I'm on the freeway it would come on again. thats when I replaced it. So to answer your question I didnt feel any power loss.

Last edited by Trekman; 06-08-2006 at 02:08 PM.
Old 06-15-2006, 03:21 AM

2008 C63, 2002 BMW X5 4.4i
I had my recall done at Autobahn Motors about 3-4 weeks ago and yes all the same problems. It feels like there isn't a supercharger in my car, it will come and go. Up hill, I'm struggling to get to 30mph. I brought it back last week and they said they couldn't replicate the problem and I printed this thread for them as proof that I wasn't crazy. All they did was flash my computer chip and it still sucks although slightly better. I don't know what to do at this point. Anyone have these issues and actually had it corrected by the dealer? I need help.
Old 06-15-2006, 03:46 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
for all with power loss problem. have the dealer replace the intercooler pump. If your car is a 2002 then your intercooler pump is already at the time to expire.

I had my intercooler pump last month and just did the recall two days ago. We'll see if the i/c pump dies again.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It really looks like M-B did not fully think through the implications of this recall service. As it is, the fact that my car has NOT had this service performed will be a selling point when I upgrade!
Old 06-15-2006, 01:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Has anyone taken their C55/SLK55/CLK55 in for this recall and if yes, any negative effects? I've been holding off for as long as possible but I'm due for my next service in about 2700 miles. I don't want them to turn my car into a 3 legged hamster & wheel.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:05 PM

c32, 190e 16v turbo
i had this recall done, actually the dealer just did it when i took my car for srevice, and have had no issues yet, its been done for about a month now.
Old 06-16-2006, 01:16 AM

E55, C32, ML320
Originally Posted by Trekman
I only have the slight shaking when the car starts but after it warms up its normal.
Despite suggesting that the dealer not do the flash, they said that they were required to do it if the car is in for service. So they did mine and I now have the rough idle at start. It also looks as if I lost the ECU mods based on a before and after comparison by the tech. So I'll need to pursue getting that done again. Question is, does one wait and see if MB addresses these issues with a new flash in the near-future...
Old 06-16-2006, 12:00 PM

c32 AMG
Recall and something else

Hey everyone.. new to this form and a proud new owner of a very rare 2002 C32 Tectite Grey with some modifications on it. PICS coming soon.. Only 29000 miles on it..

First I bought this car in California and imported it into Canada.. Niagara Falls area. The ownership transfered and with the car was the 4 year extended warranty plan... sweet.... It is a US version vehicle so my warranty is onlY vald in the States.. No probs.. I just go over the border.. One thing I had to do was the dumbest thing ever and change the padding in the bumpers to meet Canadian standards. it was a joke. I tired everything in my power for them not to touch the car since it was set up perfectly. Little more green if you know what i mean...

I watched the MB / technition from Canada (awful service) like a Hawk, so I could educate myself and 2nd I don't trust them as it is. BINGO my gut feeling was right...... first I see the guy drop my front tire and land on the rim.. yupp scratched it. Did not even have the accountability to tell me we will take care of that...sorry... I had to speak to a manager and they are sending it away to polish it down. NOW I am experiencing intermittin SC absents like some of u have posted. I know the IC pump breaks down but at 29000.. common...

QUESTION: SINCE THE I/C PUMP IS IN FRONT OF THE RIGHT TIRE AND IN BEHIND THE RIGHT FOG LIGHT. COULD THEY HAVE DAMGED THE I/C PUMP WHEN TAKING THE FRONT BUMPER COVER OFF..........AND THAN PUTTING IT BACK ON.

With that said I got the RECALL letter and very worried in taking it in.
Old 06-16-2006, 02:34 PM

relay campaign

I had the campaign done in May, as soon as I got it back I knew something was wrong. You could mash the throttle and the car would fall flat. I swear I thought they stole the supercharger. It was like a vacumn leak, or a bad throttle sensor, something like that. It also did the rev scenario (and still does occasionally), pull up to a light and the revs climb up for a split second and then drop. never did it before this recall. Also I have the cold start rev too. Those 2 issues have not been resolved, but on the 3rd visit and keeping the car for 2 days they claimed to have changed the IC waterpump. I have the power back, but the idle is still not right. They claimed the waterpump output was poor, funny thing it was ok the day before the recall, hmmm?
Anybody hear of any other "fixes" for this issue?
Old 06-18-2006, 09:50 PM

c32, 190e 16v turbo
here is a little info, my car always had a bit of a rough idle, even before the recall i was told it was a caracteristic of the engine, so the other day just for the heck of it i put in some race fuel (101 octane) the rough idle is gone!!! ill see if it comes back once the high octane fuel is all gone. im sure the computer must have compensated for the higher octane
Old 06-18-2006, 11:10 PM

C63, SLK55
I just replaced the intercooler pump myself yesterday!! My AMG is back!!! no more power loss!! What a relief... I can enjoy my car again. I will think 10 times before taking it again to the dealership. I can't believe they still deny that the campaign service had nothing to do with the intercooler dying. I’m convinced it’s related since I experienced the symptom right after I took the car back from the service and given the fact of at least 10 members in this forum experiencing the same power loss symptom after having this campaign done. I'm going to investigate deeper in this matter to find out exactly what was done and how could it have affected the pump. But the good news for now is my car is back to its beast mode!!!! And if you’re having the same problem then REPLACE YOUR INTERCOOLER PUMP.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:19 AM

2012 GL550
I did bring it back about 2-3 weeks after the recall to tell them what I was experiencing.

- rough idle/shaking at a stoplight
- sometimes a high rev on cold start
- car just isn't as smooth or responsive

They told me the car didn't bring up an error codes and they didn't experience the shaking, but they did notice that my supercharger was clattering loudly. So the service advisor was confident that the failing supercharger was causing the shaking. They put in a new supercharger and it still shakes and still often has a high rev (not the normal higher rpm when cold, but an actual rev even though I'm not stepping on the pedal) on cold start.

So changing the intercooler pump will solve the problem? I'm still thinking the recall caused these problems since I noticed immediately that there was something wrong with the car. It was fine the day before like others have mentioned. I guess I should change the pump too....and then see again...
Old 06-19-2006, 09:57 AM

C63, SLK55
Originally Posted by bnz616
I did bring it back about 2-3 weeks after the recall to tell them what I was experiencing.

- rough idle/shaking at a stoplight
- sometimes a high rev on cold start
- car just isn't as smooth or responsive

They told me the car didn't bring up an error codes and they didn't experience the shaking, but they did notice that my supercharger was clattering loudly. So the service advisor was confident that the failing supercharger was causing the shaking. They put in a new supercharger and it still shakes and still often has a high rev (not the normal higher rpm when cold, but an actual rev even though I'm not stepping on the pedal) on cold start.

So changing the intercooler pump will solve the problem? I'm still thinking the recall caused these problems since I noticed immediately that there was something wrong with the car. It was fine the day before like others have mentioned. I guess I should change the pump too....and then see again...
Changing the intercooler pump will solve the power loss problem. Not sure if it will solve the rough idle/shaking issue since I haven't noticed it in my car before. The car now runs much smoother after replacing the pump and resetting the ECU.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203, W211, W219, W212
No problem whatsoever here. They did the service campaign along with service B. Everything is normal, responsive, no power loss and no hesitations. I haven't tried the dyno mode tho.
Old 09-24-2006, 06:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 C32 AMG, 2003 ML270 CDi
Originally Posted by Bobby Dazzler
Thank goodness I've found that I'm not alone with the rough idle problem. Been into dealers on four occasions now, and they haven't been able to replicate the fault.

Happens only when the engine is cold, 2 minutes in, and sat stationary waiting at the lights. Idle gets rough for 10 secs, and then smooths out again. When pulling away, throttle is hyper-sensitive and revs like mad before shifting to second. After that all is well again ...until the next morning!!

Dealer has already replaced the air injection relay, and will replace the air injection pump on Thursday. Not sure whether my car had the campaign update mentioned here or not.

Will try the ECU reset tomorrow to see if it makes a difference - sounds good even if it doesn't take away the rough idle!!

Will keep you all posted on progress
Been in to the dealers a few times and they have been unable to replicate. I went in to do it for them and failed. Final option was for the MB tech to come to my house and show him - as it happens every day on my way to work if I catch a particular red light.

After what felt like ages, it did it!! Albeit just as the lights started to change back to green!! He whitnessed it though, and had his computer connected. Only thing he spotted was that the throttle angle was showing 2.8, when the acceptable range is between 1.9 and 2.5 - they've now re-flashed the ECU. If that doesn't do the trick then it may be a new throttle body.

Unfortunately there aren't many C32/SLK32s in the UK, so mine is only the second one that's been in the workshop - means they don't have anything to compare it to. Any one else had the diagnostics computer connected when the problem manifested itself?

Just thought I'd let you guys know.
Old 09-24-2006, 02:28 PM

2012 GL550
Originally Posted by Bobby Dazzler
Thank goodness I've found that I'm not alone with the rough idle problem. Been into dealers on four occasions now, and they haven't been able to replicate the fault.

Happens only when the engine is cold, 2 minutes in, and sat stationary waiting at the lights. Idle gets rough for 10 secs, and then smooths out again. When pulling away, throttle is hyper-sensitive and revs like mad before shifting to second. After that all is well again ...until the next morning!!

Dealer has already replaced the air injection relay, and will replace the air injection pump on Thursday. Not sure whether my car had the campaign update mentioned here or not.

Will try the ECU reset tomorrow to see if it makes a difference - sounds good even if it doesn't take away the rough idle!!

Will keep you all posted on progress
Still experiencing the same symptoms. I asked the dealer to check it out before, but the got the usual "can't replicate problem" excuse. So I'm guessing the tech didn't have the computer plugged in when he went for a test drive.

What controls the throttle angle?
Old 09-24-2006, 06:46 PM
Almost a Member!

C32 AMG Maserati Coupe GT
modern cars - if no error code, nothing wrong with the car, can't do anything

Yep, I am living with the same problem still. I think the rough idle has must have something to do with this air pump (the dealer told me that was the ONLY thing that was update during the campaign), as the pump is also switched on during cold start or prolonged stopping, to help the cat converter.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:21 AM

02 C32, G60 Corrado
Guys,

I have the same problem right after I picked up my car from the service recall. I have a jerking problem when releasing the brake pedal in Drive. I thought it is the classic transmission problem. But, it seems like everyone has the same after the recall. So maybe it's a software issue. I don't have any power issues, the car runs very strong. Although, they changed my supercharger just before the service recall because the car was not pulling after 80mph. I recently took the car in for the jurking sensation they said it's characteristic of bigger "AMG brakes" , I'm going to take it in again this week. The good thing is it is very consistent and it happens all the time.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: Question for those who have taken their cars in for service campaign 2006-030011