C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

can someone check their car for me?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 C55 AMG
can someone check their car for me?

i brought my car to the dealership for service b and also complained about crappy radio reception. they ended up finding some distortion (however my reception is still horrible) and replaced a few of my speakers.

i was looking at the speakers on the rear hatshelf and now one speaker has a harmon/kardon badge and the other does not. i can't remember if both speakers on a stock c55 had the harmon/kardon badging or not. can someone go out to their car and check real quick for me before i call my service advisor and raise some hell?
Old 05-09-2006, 12:34 PM

'05 C55 AMG
I had the same thing. They had to replace my amplifier.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 E63
Originally Posted by genechien
i brought my car to the dealership for service b and also complained about crappy radio reception. they ended up finding some distortion (however my reception is still horrible) and replaced a few of my speakers.

i was looking at the speakers on the rear hatshelf and now one speaker has a harmon/kardon badge and the other does not. i can't remember if both speakers on a stock c55 had the harmon/kardon badging or not. can someone go out to their car and check real quick for me before i call my service advisor and raise some hell?
you're fine. i just checked and only the speaker behind driver's side had harmon kardon logo on it, the other one does not.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:48 PM

'05 C55 AMG
Originally Posted by jtc55
you're fine. i just checked and only the speaker behind driver's side had harmon kardon logo on it, the other one does not.
hmm that's odd, for my car it's the speaker behind the right passenger side that has the h/k logo, not the other way around.

Last edited by genechien; 05-09-2006 at 01:18 PM. Reason: i'm stupid and don't know my right from left
Old 05-09-2006, 01:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 E63
Originally Posted by genechien
hmm that's odd, for my car it's the speaker behind the left passenger side that has the h/k logo, not the other way around.
mine is on the left rear/driver's side. it suppose to be on the left rear passenger side.
Old 05-09-2006, 01:34 PM

'05 C55 AMG
Originally Posted by jtc55
mine is on the left rear/driver's side. it suppose to be on the left rear passenger side.
sorry about my typo. yeah my RIGHT rear speak now has the h/k logo and it definately wasn't like that before because now i can see the logo when i check my rear view mirror.

is there any way to check if the speakers they used as replacements are harmon kardon speakers?

also on a side note: the mb website says that we're supposed to have an aux input in the glovebox ("Auxiliary input jack in glovebox allows connection of an Apple® iPod® or other MP3 player to the audio system."), but i'm positive mine doesn't have one.
Old 05-09-2006, 04:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
Mine doesn't...

I think it was an option that you could pick if you want to get an IPOD ready system... And I don't even have an IPOD
Old 05-09-2006, 05:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

My HK logo is on the driver's side as well. The passenger side isn't really a speaker. I believe it's either a vent or some type of passive device.