C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Help, new owner with questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 01:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 GL550, 2019 GLC350e
Help, new owner with questions

Don't have an owner's manual yet so hopefully you guys can answer a couple of questions.

1) How can I scroll through my radio presets from the steering wheel, right now it just goes to the next radio station.

2) What mode do you drive on, Sport or Comfort?

3) What tires do you have, Pirelli P-Zero (like me)?

4) Is unlocking only the driver door from the remote a dealer program thing, as mines is unlocking all doors right now.

5) Why does this MB have no power retention like many other cars these days, which allows you to close windows or the moonroof even after the key is pulled.

Thanks
Old 06-16-2006, 03:55 PM

2015 GL550, 2019 GLC350e
Question

Anybody wanna help me
Old 06-16-2006, 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML63
I have a C32 but will try to answer what I can..

1) How can I scroll through my radio presets from the steering wheel, right now it just goes to the next radio station.

-C32's are the same way... don't know if there is an alternative.

- I always drive in sport mode.. I am a lead foot though..

Michelin Pilot Sport 2's..

4) Is unlocking only the driver door from the remote a dealer program thing, as mines is unlocking all doors right now.

-c32's are the same. All 4 doors unlock.. not sure if there is a setting for driver door only.

5) Why does this MB have no power retention like many other cars these days, which allows you to close windows or the moonroof even after the key is pulled.

- this is annoying, same with the C32..

Congrats on the new ride!
Old 06-16-2006, 04:14 PM
Almost a Member!

C32 AMG

no idea

I have a c32 also and it's either Sport or Winter not comfort. The Sport mode starts the car in 1st gear the Winter mode starts the car in 2nd gear.

I will never buy any other tire than a Michelin. I have Pilot Sport PS2's.

My c32 unlocks the driver door with one click and then all with the 2nd click so it must be a programable feature that the dealer can change.

yeah I wish it did too but oh well.
Old 06-16-2006, 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 313 Likes on 231 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
Originally Posted by amgmark

-c32's are the same. All 4 doors unlock.. not sure if there is a setting for driver door only.
Hold down both the door open and door close buttons on the key for five or ten seconds until the little light flashes. This toggles between all-door and "security" mode.

You can download the manual at www.mbusa.com at the Owners Online section. All you need is a VIN.
Old 06-16-2006, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'19 E63S sedan
By the way, do you know that you can close all windows and the sunroof simultaneously from outside the car? Aim the key at the infrared sensor on the door handle and hold down the close button. As long as you hold it down, the windows and sunroof will close. The open button does the reverse: it opens all four windows and sunroof to whatever degree you select. It's very nice on a hot day, either to precool the car for a few minutes after returning to it or to leave the windows cracked.

These features are the only remote features that don't use the long-range (radio) transmitter in the key. They are infrared based and must be activated within a few feet of the car by aiming the key at the door handle.
Old 06-16-2006, 05:18 PM

2015 GL550, 2019 GLC350e
Thanks for all the replies...will try what "whoover" has suggested tonight
Old 06-16-2006, 05:30 PM
Banned

C230 SS
1> Radio settings. (not sure if you are asking this)

You need to go into setting to make set it so that when you press the button on your steering wheel it will go to the next preset instead of the next station. Should be in the manual.
Old 06-16-2006, 06:49 PM

2015 GL550, 2019 GLC350e
Originally Posted by whoover
Hold down both the door open and door close buttons on the key for five or ten seconds until the little light flashes. This toggles between all-door and "security" mode.

You can download the manual at www.mbusa.com at the Owners Online section. All you need is a VIN.

Owners online does not have an online manual for the 2005 C55 yet. I guess I'll just have to wait until I visit the dealer.
Old 06-16-2006, 07:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'19 E63S sedan
Originally Posted by SFML320
Owners online does not have an online manual for the 2005 C55 yet. I guess I'll just have to wait until I visit the dealer.
That's very odd. The 2006 C55 manual is there when I log on. If you send me a private message with an email, I'll send you that one. It should be substantially the same.

Martin