C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

335i a threat to C55 ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 11:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C32 AMG BLACK
damn, I miss 3si.org... people with 500awhp cars there are usually the more mature ones who wouldn't entertain flaming or ****-size comparisons. This thread reads like something straight out of the honda forums.

AMG is the best car ever, and so it's the 3000GT, and so it's the Sportage, and the Cobra... cause that's what I drive. Disagree? Go count *** hair.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:41 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by EvilllEmpirE
Volk LE-37s would be perfectly hawttt on a White 335CI

Frank........i think you should get the 335Ci!!
nah...I don't like how the rear look. I loved my e46 328Ci, but no to the E92. The E90's rear looks good tho with the clear/smoked taillight.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:05 AM

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
Steve L, you are right on the money with your post. That sums everything up about the B7 RS4 nicely.

In fact, amongst the rubbish, there have been a lot of intelligent posts.

On the matter of Audi being a glorified VW, clap clap. That is an odd thing to say when the current Audi and VW models have next to nothing to do with each other and many other car makers are owned by the same companies. It would be ridiculous to call an AMG a glorified Chrysler for instance.

AMG is not inherently superior to other official tuners, but it is just different. I for one find it hard make a case for which is better. To be very broad, M makes the sportiest engines, Audi's go best in adverse conditions while AMG makes cars with straightline speed that is hard to match. Of course, there are many other factors, a few being the respective image of the vehicles, options available and personal preference.

From the C32/55 to the M3 to the S/RS4 and even the new breed like the 335i, there is very little between them. Just be happy to drive what you have chosen and give credit where it's due to those who have made a different choice.
omg are you really this stupid???

you're aware that the A4 shares its chasis with another VW car right?
whether or not current audi's and vw's have anything to do with each other is also irrelevant. the fact of the matter is the B5 DID have something to do with the VW's at the time

what chrysler does the W203 share its chassis with?
ill answer that for you - none

Cylinder Head - "Traditionally they used to?? This is the SECOND generation of RS4 ever released! Not much of a tradition chief. "

OMG i used the word traditional because you said RS models were TRADITIONALLY more expensive and special ********

here "Audi is without taking into consideration that Audi's have traditionally been on the more expensive side and that the "RS" models are VERY rare and exclusive,"

and you were asking what the B5 RS4 competed with back in its day?
ill answer that for you also - nobody because the C43 and M3 were nowhere near its performance. but now everybody is all caught up and the RS4 is still expensive as hell

"On a track it beats up all of its direct competition and takes their lunch money. It has a beautiful interior and a well engineered powerplant, and is likely more reliable than its BMW and Merc competitors."

the M3 competition package beats the hell out of a C55 also but you dont see it costing 11k more than the C55 right?

id post some tracktimes but i cant find any

anyways you 2 still have not proved me wrong. instead all you've done is made me repeat my points over and over.

holycrap you guys are retarded i swear.

edit: also, audi's have NOT been traditionally more expensive than benz's or bmw's and certainly not more expensive by 11k.

Last edited by IdriveFast; 09-14-2006 at 03:08 AM.
Old 09-14-2006, 05:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C55AMG W203; 330i E90
I switch between C55 W203 and 330i E90 and found the water drainage of W203 is much better than E90. This was discovered after I had showered the cars and found W203 has much less water went into the interior edges. This explains why E90 has poorer wind noise level. Anyone BMW&BENZ owners notice the same?
Old 09-14-2006, 09:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 368 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
First you say this:

Originally Posted by IdriveFast
yes but traditionally they used to outperform the competition by a large margin also thereby justifying its high price (i.e. B5 RS4 avant). Now, they do not, so they are overpriced..
Then you say this:

and you were asking what the B5 RS4 competed with back in its day?
ill answer that for you also - nobody because the C43 and M3 were nowhere near its performance. but now everybody is all caught up and the RS4 is still expensive as hell.
Nobody's caught up because we haven't even seen the new cars let alone a comparison. What the hell are you talking about?

the M3 competition package beats the hell out of a C55 also but you dont see it costing 11k more than the C55 right?.
How does that prove your point? We all know M3's are better track cars, did I even mention M3's? Where the hell did this come from? Besides in a direct comparison the RS4 beat up the E46 M3, so by your standards, that 11k is justified no?

anyways you 2 still have not proved me wrong. instead all you've done is made me repeat my points over and over.

edit: also, audi's have NOT been traditionally more expensive than benz's or bmw's and certainly not more expensive by 11k.
You're all over the place, clearly you're out of your depth as you're the only one who agrees with yourself and everyone else seems to think exactly the opposite. Merc's don't handle, they go fast in a straight line, Bimmers obviously are better track cars, you're preaching to the choir and missing the topic at hand. What EVERYONE here agrees with is that the RS4 does BOTH in an exclusive, very high tech package that's obviously better engineered than a C55 or even an M3, PLUS you can drive it all year in every weather condition, its more reliable, significantly more rare and very limited production.

If they were going to make thousands of RS4's a year then it wouldn't be worth the premium. My Supra goes for 10k more than others because of the PAINT JOB, its called a LIMITED PRODUCTION and such things go for a premium.

How can you say that the other manufacturers have caught up when their cars aren't even out yet? You're just speculating, you know nothing about the new models that ClayJ hasn't told you. All you're doing is repeating points that have continuously been disproved esp. because the RS4 stickers for 66k and that's exactly what a new M3 is probably going to run, not to mention the Audi has ONE option and the M3 fully equipped will probably run close to 76k, and that's what you're crying about.

I'm done educating you.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by cntlaw
I switch between C55 W203 and 330i E90 and found the water drainage of W203 is much better than E90. This was discovered after I had showered the cars and found W203 has much less water went into the interior edges. This explains why E90 has poorer wind noise level. Anyone BMW&BENZ owners notice the same?
I did 164 the other day in my M5 and not a single whistle from the outside air.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55 AMG, 135i, 911 GT3, GLE43 AMG

the M3 competition package beats the hell out of a C55 also but you dont see it costing 11k more than the C55 right?

For the record, here are some track times.

Published Sport Auto Nurburgring laptimes (all driven by same driver).
B7 RS4: 8:09 minutes (done on cup tyres)
E46 M3: 8:22 minutes
W203 C55 AMG: 8:22 minutes
B5 RS4: 8:25 minutes
B6 S4 Avant: 8:29 minutes
W203 C32 AMG: 8:37 minutes
B5 S4: 8:42 minutes

Published Evo Magazine head to head comparison on their 1.8 mile track.
B7 RS4: 88.6 seconds
E46 M3 CS (competition package): 89.8 seconds....a full 1.2 seconds slower than the RS4
W203 C55 AMG: 90.1 seconds.....just 0.3 seconds behind the M3 with competition package

Bottom line:
The E46 M3 and W203 C55 AMG are almost identical in their performance on a track. The M3 does not "beat the hell" out of a C55.....that statement is more accurate for the C32 (the C55 has significantly revised suspension tuning). The B7 RS4 is faster than the M3 and C55 in everyway, both in a straight line and around a curve.

But back on topic: Sport auto is supposed to test the 335i coupe soon on the Nurburgring. I eagerly await that result to see whether it will beat the 8:22 minutes of the E46 M3 and W203 C55.

Last edited by PC Valkyrie; 09-14-2006 at 09:35 AM.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
omg are you really this stupid???

whether or not current audi's and vw's have anything to do with each other is also irrelevant.
How is it irrelevant? That is a totally ridiculous comment. It is the very essence of the whole argument. This will be the last post of yours I bother to reply to.

You have proved to everyone you are incapable of having a civil argument. You also struggle with grammar and spelling. In no way did my last post attack you and you come out with that line of rubbish. Yeah "us guys" are all wrong and you are right. Just because despite your idiocy you stumbled across an AMG does not exclude from qualifying as troll, troll. You are not only jealous of those with RS4s or similarly priced 06/07 vehicles but one of lifes intelluctual inferiors possessing the social skills of a malfuctioning hand grenade.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW

holycrap you guys are retarded i swear.

You should stick to posting about Spiderman

Yeah "lap times of C55 are way off M3", more poorly based rubbish. My opinion is the M3 is more fun, i like stick for one thing, but C55 had Nurburgring suspension option- that was a clue that is was a pretty serious contender. Overall though, BMs have the handling edge, esp E55 vs M5, but thats a whole can of different worms and the 63 is here now.

An RS4 ripped my car apart last week, no VW could do that.

It could be said at least VW are as German as you can get while Chrysler, er, aren't... going by your "logic."

So Range Rover Sports are definitely only LR3s then, as they have the chassis...who cares about suspension, engines, styling etc etc. Aston Martins are about as plush as Fords...the list goes on.

I agree with other members, you aren't worth our time and I can understand why, as you claim, N.M.M. allegedly kept your suspension
Old 09-14-2006, 10:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Isn't this topic supposed to be about the 335i vs. a C55? Not C55 and M3 vs Audi RS4?

If that one post was true about the 335i with ECU making 375hp, then this is going to be a great car. With an ECU (I'm sure better ones will be made as tuners progress), exhaust, and cold air intake these cars will most likely be topping 400hp.

Slightly but how do you raise the boost on a turbo car? Is it just by ECU? I don't have any real experience with turbo cars. Thanks

My friend with a Cobalt SS raised the boost on his supercharger by just adding a cold air intake.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
Isn't this topic supposed to be about the 335i vs. a C55? Not C55 and M3 vs Audi RS4?

If that one post was true about the 335i with ECU making 375hp, then this is going to be a great car. With an ECU (I'm sure better ones will be made as tuners progress), exhaust, and cold air intake these cars will most likely be topping 400hp.

Slightly but how do you raise the boost on a turbo car? Is it just by ECU? I don't have any real experience with turbo cars. Thanks

My friend with a Cobalt SS raised the boost on his supercharger by just adding a cold air intake.
First of all let me start off by saying that your friend's supercharger probably just recieved less restricted "charge" air and that's why boost seemingly went up, the only way to truly raise boost on a "roots" style blower is to put a smaller pulley on it.

On a turbo car the wastegate controls boost pressure, it is an intrinsic part of any turbo system and can be controlled electronically (through a boost controller) or mechanically by adjusting it with a wrench/screwdriver/etc in order to get the preferred setting. Most modern cars that come with turbos standard have their turbo's controlled by the ECU, so a reflash is all that's required to raise the boost.

Remember that by raising the air pressure on the manifold, fuel needs to be added proportionately, and hence the limitations of the factory fuel system come into play as well as the durability of the engine in general.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:59 AM

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
How is it irrelevant? That is a totally ridiculous comment. It is the very essence of the whole argument. This will be the last post of yours I bother to reply to.

You have proved to everyone you are incapable of having a civil argument. You also struggle with grammar and spelling. In no way did my last post attack you and you come out with that line of rubbish. Yeah "us guys" are all wrong and you are right. Just because despite your idiocy you stumbled across an AMG does not exclude from qualifying as troll, troll. You are not only jealous of those with RS4s or similarly priced 06/07 vehicles but one of lifes intelluctual inferiors possessing the social skills of a malfuctioning hand grenade.
WOW just when i thought i explained it clearly enough but ok

here it goes again

its irrelevant because my "glorified VW" comment was directed at evilempires B5 S4 Avant which shares its chasis with the VW Passat or Jetta, i dunno 1 of those VW's. that is why it is completely irrelevant whether or not current audi's share a chasis with current VW's because my comment was directed at a B5, not a B6 or a B7 jackass.

yea please dont respond to this, i dont wanna have to explain this again for the 100th time

and your personal insults are retarded. whats your IQ? like 90?

calling me stupid when i gotta explain the same damn thing to you several times.

but ok genius
Old 09-14-2006, 11:04 AM

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by transferred

Yeah "lap times of C55 are way off M3", more poorly based rubbish. My opinion is the M3 is more fun, i like stick for one thing, but C55 had Nurburgring suspension option- that was a clue that is was a pretty serious contender. Overall though, BMs have the handling edge, esp E55 vs M5, but thats a whole can of different worms and the 63 is here now.

It could be said at least VW are as German as you can get while Chrysler, er, aren't... going by your "logic."

So Range Rover Sports are definitely only LR3s then, as they have the chassis...who cares about suspension, engines, styling etc etc. Aston Martins are about as plush as Fords...the list goes on.

I agree with other members, you aren't worth our time and I can understand why, as you claim, N.M.M. allegedly kept your suspension
ok 1st of all my VW comment was directed at the B5 S4 which i had already explained earlier. your comment only shows that you dont know what the hell you're talking about because you clearly didnt read my post.

and NMM did steal my suspension...along with silvaC32's headers...another members airbox/airfilters...and the list goes on. NMM is a thief...

i wouldnt wish doing business with him on anybody...not even you

next time please make sure you know what the hell you are talking about before you post ok?

maybe the RS4 ripped apart your car because you cant drive
Old 09-14-2006, 11:10 AM

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by transferred

if by other members you mean Carl L. then perhaps you 2 should get together and form the dumba@ $ s club. then you 2 can get married and talk about how you guys both love 72K cars that are about as fast as 55K cars that came out 5 yrs ago.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

maybe the RS4 ripped apart your car because you cant drive
Will somebody please ban this baby? You can't back up any of your statements with definitive facts so you resort to personal attacks. NO ONE agrees with you man, you might as well just shut up and take it.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:31 AM

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
First you say this:

Then you say this:

Nobody's caught up because we haven't even seen the new cars let alone a comparison. What the hell are you talking about?

How does that prove your point? We all know M3's are better track cars, did I even mention M3's? Where the hell did this come from? Besides in a direct comparison the RS4 beat up the E46 M3, so by your standards, that 11k is justified no?

You're all over the place, clearly you're out of your depth as you're the only one who agrees with yourself and everyone else seems to think exactly the opposite. Merc's don't handle, they go fast in a straight line, Bimmers obviously are better track cars, you're preaching to the choir and missing the topic at hand. What EVERYONE here agrees with is that the RS4 does BOTH in an exclusive, very high tech package that's obviously better engineered than a C55 or even an M3, PLUS you can drive it all year in every weather condition, its more reliable, significantly more rare and very limited production.

If they were going to make thousands of RS4's a year then it wouldn't be worth the premium. My Supra goes for 10k more than others because of the PAINT JOB, its called a LIMITED PRODUCTION and such things go for a premium.

How can you say that the other manufacturers have caught up when their cars aren't even out yet? You're just speculating, you know nothing about the new models that ClayJ hasn't told you. All you're doing is repeating points that have continuously been disproved esp. because the RS4 stickers for 66k and that's exactly what a new M3 is probably going to run, not to mention the Audi has ONE option and the M3 fully equipped will probably run close to 76k, and that's what you're crying about.

I'm done educating you.
i thoughtd youd be smart enough to understand my post but i was wrong
so ill break it down for you

1. B5 RS4 used to outperform its closest competitors the E36 m3 and the C43 by a large margin. and i use the word closest loosely because the only reason they are considered competitors is because the RS4 was based on the S4. The reason i said the RS4 didnt compete with anybody later on is because the RS4 was so far ahead of its "competitors" that it wasnt even a competition. The RS4 completely blew everybody else out of the water. Thereby justifying its high price. So that answers your 1st and 2nd quotations of me.

2. Why would that make 11K justified? My entire point is that even thought he M3 outperforms the C55/C32 on the track it is still in the same price range. However the RS4 only outperforms the M3 by 1.2 seconds on a 1.8 mile track yet costs 11K more. 1.2 seconds is hardly worth the extra 11K. That plus the fact that cartain magazines have demonstrated that the
RS4 does not blow its competition out of the water in a drag race...another reason it is not worth 11k.

Who cares if it has such a nice interior. The S4 has a very nice enterior also. All Audi's have a very nice interior. So why does the RS4 cost so much more than the S4? Because its so much better you say? Yes the RS4 is alot better than the S4....but in the grand scheme of things, the RS4 is not much better than the competition, and depending on what your source is, sometimes its not better at all but worse in some areas. The RS4 is what the S4 should have been, like another member said earlier. Audi is charging everybody 72K for a car that should have come out 3-5 yrs ago to be truly competitive at a price that is 11k too much. That is why the RS4 sucks, imo.

"You're just speculating, you know nothing about the new models that ClayJ hasn't told you. All you're doing is repeating points that have continuously been disproved esp. because the RS4 stickers for 66k and that's exactly what a new M3 is probably going to run, not to mention the Audi has ONE option and the M3 fully equipped will probably run close to 76k, "

im the one speculating but your saying the M3 will probably run close to 76K fully equipped? You're the one that is speculating. Not once did I talk about a car that wasnt out yet. The entire time ive been talking about the C32/C55 and the RS4. Im saying other car manufacturers have caught up because the M3 C32/C55 are so similar in performance to the new RS4. In a way its Audi who is playing catch-up since the regular S4 was so much slower.

your supra is worth 10k more because of the paint job? i hate to break this to you buddy but nobody is gonna pay you 10k more than your car is worth because your supra has a "special paint job". limited editions does nto always mean a car is worth more. its demand that makes it worth more. since its probably nobody gives a damn about your paint job your car is not worth 10k more.

the fact that you said im all over the place shows me that you're far too stupid to comprehend what i was trying to say. but i hope i was clear enough this time. you're not educating anybody. im done schooling you.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:35 AM

C32 AMG
First you say this:

Then you say this:

I'm done educating you.

WOW 628 posts in 2 months! dont get out much do you??

anyways the M3 will NOT cost 76k.

reason being...the M3 has a certain demographic it is trying to sell to. this demographic has a certain budget. around 60k. costing 76k would most defintely put it out of the price range.

wow i hope you're not a business or marketing major. or else id be really scared for you're company.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Way to change the subject! Way to avoid how owned you just got!

I work on Wall Street, I work 12 hours a day, and I drive $100,000 cars at 25. Don't be mad because I type fast and can multitask.

Besides, my point was that FULLY LOADED the M3 will go for somewhere around 76k, way to omit half of what I said. Sticker will be over 60k base.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:49 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Cylinder, I've got you beat.
I don't work a single hour a day, I drive loaner cars from Mercedes and I'm on mbworld.org 24/7.

Stop the insults. Another one below this post will result in a 7 day ban
Old 09-14-2006, 11:51 AM

C32 AMG

I work on Wall Street, I work 12 hours a day, and I drive $100,000 cars at 25. Don't be mad because I type fast and can multitask.

Besides, my point was that FULLY LOADED the M3 will go for somewhere around 76k, way to omit half of what I said. Sticker will be over 60k base.
LOL im not jealous and i didnt get ownd. I addressed all of your points in the previous posts. didnt you even read?. you work on wallstreet...ok... so that means you dont do anything

btw im 24 and i make about 70k and nxt yr ill make well over 100k

enjoy
Old 09-14-2006, 12:14 PM

C32 AMG

hahahah wait a min....let me get this straight. you make 100k a yr. whats that after tax? like 65K?

and you decided to buy a 90k car????? and spend, what i assume to be thousands, on a paintjob for your supra??

GREAT way to spend money

hahhaha
Old 09-14-2006, 12:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Once again proof that you're just not reading what I wrote. I didn't say how much I make, I said how much my cars are worth. I bought my M5 CASH, no finance, no lease.

The Supra CAME with the paintjob, its a Royal Sapphire Pearl '97 Twin Turbo, one of 24 on earth. Its the rarest color, and hence goes for a 10k premium.
Old 09-14-2006, 12:20 PM

C32 AMG
Once again proof that you're just not reading what I wrote. I didn't say how much I make, I said how much my cars are worth. I bought my M5 CASH, no finance, no lease.

The Supra CAME with the paintjob, its a Royal Sapphire Pearl '97 Twin Turbo, one of 24 on earth. Its the rarest color, and hence goes for a 10k premium.
oooo ok. ill admit it. i read it incorrectly.

but i still ownd you with everything else. this has been fun though. honestly

i did have a good time debating/arguing talking trash, whatever you guys wanna label it as. i hope you guys dont take it to heart

but still. RS4 = overpriced
Old 09-14-2006, 12:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i did have a good time debating/arguing talking trash, whatever you guys wanna label it as. i hope you guys dont take it to heart

A 4 to 1 vote says you owned nothing. Transferred, Lassiter and Valkyrie agreed with me, who came to your aid? Anyone who agreed with you could have chimed in, instead they supported my arguments and you scrambled to defend. You're claiming Victory Hezbollah style, but your argument took all the collateral damage.

Oh, plus Trips and SteveL also completely disagreed with you, making the vote 6 to 1, still think you won?

Last edited by Cylinder Head; 09-14-2006 at 12:31 PM.
Old 09-14-2006, 12:34 PM
Almost a Member!

02 c32

This has all been VERY entertaining, especially the pissing contest.

Whether or not the RS4 is overpriced is a subjective matter, with good arguments both for and against. I think what's most interesting is not that you (Idrivefast) argue that the RS4 is overpriced, but its that you argue with such passion. A car being overpriced, this is an interesting thing to be so passionate about. It appears you take it SO SO SO personally....to the point that you are emotionally affected by it. This is unusual to me.

Anyways, this is not meant to be a personal insult. Just my observation.

_toms

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 335i a threat to C55 ?