C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Evosport unable to deliver headers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 10:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Audi C7.5 S6
This makes sense.

It's a good reason, to do the ECU last, after reaching stage2. Either go for the full EVO stage2, initially, or do the ECU last. Saves money in the long run.

Actually just doing the whole stage2 all at once is probably cheapest and least problematic. Of course, this can only be done, if all the parts are available.
Old 10-14-2006, 12:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 C32
Originally Posted by Vadim @ MBLN
jgsx: Powerchip is a software company, they do a lot of different makes and their expertise is in being able to modify code. People you spoke to on the phone have limited tuning knowledge, this why they were unable to answer all of your questions.

I have personally developed and tuned the C32 Stage II file. Powerchips provided the ability to locate maps, modify them and load them into DME.

Now they do have several engineers that are very proficient in tuning, but once they create a file they move on to a different car.
I understand and agree with that. I know that you guys developed the map, and it works well with stage2. What I'm saying is that Powerchip can't and won't provide any support post sale. If you make any more mods, like cams or something, your SOL. For $10 extra bucks (plus a dyno), you can get a Kleeman tuned ECU with free retunes later.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:50 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
YAY!!! My headers are shipping tomorrow!!!

Thanks Mike!!