C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Evosport unable to deliver headers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 12:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Evosport unable to deliver headers?

Hi all,

On Friday, August 25th I ordered headers from Evosport for my C32. Mike@Evosport told that there was a 3 (three) week delay to get them made. This was expected as I'm sure they don't get a ton of orders for them. I thought perhaps that three weeks was even a little optomistic, so I've been as patient as possible. I started asking about their progress around one month's time, and now we're approaching two months. Today marks the 7 (seven) week mark, and Evosport has gone non-responsive. For weeks now, whenever I called I would be told that they "should have them for me next week". Now they don't return my calls at all, I get the runaround whenever I do reach someone there (never the same person twice), and Mike himself is MIA. My credit card was charged within a day of the purchase, and still no product or even a reasonable explanation why.

I'm curious: has anyone ordered Evosport C32 headers since August 25th and received them? I've seen a couple of newer Stage II C32's on here since then (jgsx, alterego, ?) - when did you guys get them?

I have all of Stage II ready to go on except the headers & Powerchip ECU reflash, the weather here is deteriorating, and my mechanic is wondering if he'll be able to fit the job in before snow sticks to the ground. There is no way I'm driving this car on salt-covered roads. Do I need to charge back and call Supersprint or HOP? Anyone have any other ideas or suppliers of headers for the C32?
Old 10-13-2006, 12:59 PM
SPONSOR

wow! sorry to hear about the problems...so they have given you no indication of when they will get them in? i was thinking about ordering them sometime soon, but don't want to deal with this kind of mess...
Old 10-13-2006, 02:01 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by m3_eater
Hi all,

On Friday, August 25th I ordered headers from Evosport for my C32. Mike@Evosport told that there was a 3 (three) week delay to get them made. This was expected as I'm sure they don't get a ton of orders for them. I thought perhaps that three weeks was even a little optomistic, so I've been as patient as possible. I started asking about their progress around one month's time, and now we're approaching two months. Today marks the 7 (seven) week mark, and Evosport has gone non-responsive. For weeks now, whenever I called I would be told that they "should have them for me next week". Now they don't return my calls at all, I get the runaround whenever I do reach someone there (never the same person twice), and Mike himself is MIA. My credit card was charged within a day of the purchase, and still no product or even a reasonable explanation why.

I'm curious: has anyone ordered Evosport C32 headers since August 25th and received them? I've seen a couple of newer Stage II C32's on here since then (jgsx, alterego, ?) - when did you guys get them?

I have all of Stage II ready to go on except the headers & Powerchip ECU reflash, the weather here is deteriorating, and my mechanic is wondering if he'll be able to fit the job in before snow sticks to the ground. There is no way I'm driving this car on salt-covered roads. Do I need to charge back and call Supersprint or HOP? Anyone have any other ideas or suppliers of headers for the C32?

I ordered mine last week and I was told 4 weeks until they arrive. They also said that they don't charge the CC until the item ships.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:09 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C32 AMG K
I ordered the Evosport Headers from GMP, Inc.in Charlotte about a month ago. GMP was told last week that the headers were out for coating and should ship this week. Haven't heard anything further, but I really want to get them installed before the Atlanta AMG meet in November.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:19 PM
Premiere Sponsor

First of all, I am not MIA and I return all phone calls promptly the same day a message is left. I was out of the office last Friday, but returned all calls left on my voice mail.

We do sell quite a few C32 headers, and they are all custom made. In fact, I have 5 orders that I have been waiting over 2 months to get in and I am still waiting. NO orders for C32 headers have shipped in the past 2 months period. I am as frustrated as everyone else about how long it is taking. If I have them, I want to sell them.

We do not charge your credit card until the order is shipped, unless the order was placed over the web site. I do not have any orders pending right now that are web orders, so the fact that we charged your credit card is not true. Maybe you are purchasing them through a dealer of ours that has charged you, but we NEVER charge a credit card until the item is shipped.

I would be more than happy to answer any questions you have. You can call me directly at 714.901.3100 x12 anytime.
Old 10-13-2006, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by evomike
First of all, I am not MIA and I return all phone calls promptly the same day a message is left. I was out of the office last Friday, but returned all calls left on my voice mail.
Except the call I made Tuesday this week (should've left a detailed voicemail instead of talking to a person?) and the message I left for you yesterday in the middle of the day.

We do sell quite a few C32 headers, and they are all custom made. In fact, I have 5 orders that I have been waiting over 2 months to get in and I am still waiting. NO orders for C32 headers have shipped in the past 2 months period. I am as frustrated as everyone else about how long it is taking. If I have them, I want to sell them.

This sounds perfectly reasonable, and I'm glad to get the information. Why couldn't anyone tell me this on the phone? Any reason at all would be helpful too, even if it is "Our supplier is backlogged with work and is trying to catch up".

We do not charge your credit card until the order is shipped, unless the order was placed over the web site. I do not have any orders pending right now that are web orders, so the fact that we charged your credit card is not true. Maybe you are purchasing them through a dealer of ours that has charged you, but we NEVER charge a credit card until the item is shipped.
Part of my credit card statement (screencap'd) dated 09/01/2006:

All of this said, I can understand if we're all in the same boat. I stand prepared to sing the praises of Evosport, if I ever manage to get the parts installed
Old 10-13-2006, 03:15 PM
Premiere Sponsor

I don't know who you spoke to on the phone. Please insist on speaking with me directly in the future. As to a message left on Tuesday, I can honestly say it never made it to my voicemail.

Secondly, the charge on your credit card statement is not from evosport. We are not NYX Racing in Memphis, TN. If we charge you credit card it will say evosport - Huntington Beach, CA. Sounds like you ordered something else from another vendor.
Old 10-13-2006, 03:24 PM

Obsidian E55
Maybe he ordered it from Harris ?? lol lol
Old 10-13-2006, 03:28 PM

Obsidian E55
Mike,on a more serious note, do you have any idea wether the headers are the same for both eu spec cars as oppesed to us spec cars, maybe the fact you guys drive on the wrong side of the road hence left hand drive cars could have different shaped headers to accomodate any differences.

Please advise at your earliest

Andy
Old 10-13-2006, 03:34 PM
Premiere Sponsor

I do not know for sure if the headers will fit a Euro Spec C32. I would imagine they would fit as the headers are symetrical on the US cars.
Old 10-13-2006, 03:41 PM

I don't know who you spoke to on the phone. Please insist on speaking with me directly in the future. As to a message left on Tuesday, I can honestly say it never made it to my voicemail.

Secondly, the charge on your credit card statement is not from evosport. We are not NYX Racing in Memphis, TN. If we charge you credit card it will say evosport - Huntington Beach, CA. Sounds like you ordered something else from another vendor.

You are correct. However, we both know exactly what I ordered. It's not "something else". Here's my active invoice (with my address obscured):

Regardless, I'm fine with your explanation and I'm looking forward to getting the headers when they come in. I'm not trying to break your ***** - I'm just trying to get my car modded in a reasonable time frame

Last edited by m3_eater; 10-13-2006 at 03:45 PM.
Old 10-13-2006, 03:45 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
m3_eater, the reason Mike has no idea what you're talking about is because he works for evosport while you placed your order with a distributor for evosport.

It's like you calling Mercedes in Germany asking them when your car will arrive although you placed your order in Houston, Texas. The dealership is the distributor and they are the guys who take your money directly, not Mercedes A.G. (is that the proper name?)

NYX I believe is simply a distributor for evosport products, I suggest you ask NYX when your parts will come in.
Old 10-13-2006, 03:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
m3 eater, did you really read Mike's post thoroughly or you're just toying around with Mike?
Old 10-13-2006, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by vraa
m3_eater, the reason Mike has no idea what you're talking about is because he works for evosport while you placed your order with a distributor for evosport.

It's like you calling Mercedes in Germany asking them when your car will arrive although you placed your order in Houston, Texas. The dealership is the distributor and they are the guys who take your money directly, not Mercedes A.G. (is that the proper name?)

NYX I believe is simply a distributor for evosport products, I suggest you ask NYX when your parts will come in.

Sorry, but I disagree. The distributor (NYX) told me that they are shipped directly from Evosport to me, and Mike@Evosport has been discussing the order with me from day one. They are not trying to claim that there is no order, they are just dealing with a delay like me and haven't been very good at letting me know.

Originally Posted by Kev04C320
m3 eater, did you really read Mike's post thoroughly or you're just toying around with Mike?
I did read it, and would have let this go except that Mike implied in a subsequent message that I must not have ordered Evosport headers at all. I will not allow disinformation to derail my clear intent - to get parts I paid for in a timely fashion, nothing else. It is not personal, and I still recommend Evosport to anyone who will listen in both M-B and BMW capacities.

Last edited by m3_eater; 10-13-2006 at 03:57 PM.
Old 10-13-2006, 04:00 PM
Out Of Control!!

The distributor (NYX) told me that they are shipped directly from Evosport to me, and Mike@Evosport has been discussing the order with me from day one.
Intersting!
Why not pay evosport directly then? Just curious.
Old 10-13-2006, 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Originally Posted by m3_eater
Sorry, but I disagree. The distributor (NYX) told me that they are shipped directly from Evosport to me, and Mike@Evosport has been discussing the order with me from day one. They are not trying to claim that there is no order, they are just dealing with a delay like me and haven't been very good at letting me know.

I did read it, and would have let this go except that Mike implied in a subsequent message that I must not have ordered Evosport headers at all. I will not allow disinformation to derail my clear intent - to get parts I paid for in a timely fashion, nothing else. It is not personal, and I still recommend Evosport to anyone who will listen in both M-B and BMW capacities.
I don't think Mike is implying that you bought some different headers, just my opinion though.

I've ordered from Evosport for a couple times (mostly small parts, nothing huge yet, might get Stage 2 in the winter). Everytime they would not chage until my package is ready to ship.
Old 10-13-2006, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by vraa
Intersting!
Why not pay evosport directly then? Just curious.
Because Mike refused to match the price of the vendor when we spoke on the phone. If I had known that this delay would occur, I'd have simply placed the order verbally with Mike and then been charged when the item shipped. They did that with the SL55 Y-splitter/green filters, and it went very smoothly.

I started this thread to ascertain whether direct buyers were getting preferential treatment, since as a vendor-based purchaser I was not getting satisfactory results. So far, that does not look to be the case.

Last edited by m3_eater; 10-13-2006 at 04:09 PM.
Old 10-13-2006, 04:13 PM
Out Of Control!!

Because Mike refused to match the price of the vendor when we spoke on the phone.
Makes sense, another case of distributors and supplier stories

Good luck with the purchase, keep us updated. I think I've run out of ways to be of assistance.
Old 10-13-2006, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
I ordered headers some time ago (July?). Evosport took my order without even asking for a deposit. There was a long delay, but Mike worked with me to get me my headers asap. I give evosport a big

The only part I wouldn't suggest is the Powerchip ECU. Powerchip is a bunch of choads and don't know anything about MB tuning. That isn't evosport's fault though. If you have the time, I'd bolt on stage 2, then hit the dyno, get an AFR printout and then get a custom Kleeman tune for $1000 instead of the $990 powerchip. I sure wish I did that. If you're in a rush and don't want to hassle with a dyno, the powerchip stage2 ecu had a pretty good map.
Old 10-13-2006, 04:20 PM
ON PROBATION

My Parents-06s500-just sold,06CLS55-K4,2006 R350
Hey M3 eatr, i used to live in royal oak, is that where you are? I know what you mean about the snow and salt-real car killers but the biggest prob up there is the roads! . Good luck

sorry offtopic i know

Last edited by gangrun; 10-13-2006 at 04:53 PM.
Old 10-13-2006, 04:28 PM
Premiere Sponsor

You ordered the parts through our distributor and they have already charged you. We have not charged anyone anything yet and will not until the part ships. Also, NOBODY gets preferential treatment, all orders are invoiced and shipped in the order they were received, period, whether you are buying direct from us or through a distributor.

Our supplier has been backordered on the headers for over 2 months and their is actually an order ahead of yours in line from August 4th. I am not trying to hide anything or go behind anyones back. I can only tell you what I have been told the past few weeks about the delay. I greatly apologize for the delay. As I mendtioned before, I am just as frustrated as anyone else. If you think like getting the grief for the delay, you are simply wrong. I do not get paid until items are shipped either.

Lets just end this. Again, if anyone has any questions please call me directly.
Old 10-13-2006, 04:40 PM

Lets just end this. Again, if anyone has any questions please call me directly.

Agreed. Sorry to ruffle feathers. I'll wait for your "Got the headers and they are ready to go" phone call.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:15 PM

Not an AMG :(
Originally Posted by jgsx
The only part I wouldn't suggest is the Powerchip ECU. Powerchip is a bunch of choads and don't know anything about MB tuning. That isn't evosport's fault though. If you have the time, I'd bolt on stage 2, then hit the dyno, get an AFR printout and then get a custom Kleeman tune for $1000 instead of the $990 powerchip. I sure wish I did that. If you're in a rush and don't want to hassle with a dyno, the powerchip stage2 ecu had a pretty good map.
jgsx - I tried to search for threads related to what you alluded to above, but I'm not seeing anything. If you get a chance, can you tell us / me how the Kleemann tuning is better with stage 2 (i.e. is there significantly more hp gain or just safer on the engine?). Appreciate it!
Old 10-13-2006, 05:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
Originally Posted by boohooramblers
jgsx - I tried to search for threads related to what you alluded to above, but I'm not seeing anything. If you get a chance, can you tell us / me how the Kleemann tuning is better with stage 2 (i.e. is there significantly more hp gain or just safer on the engine?). Appreciate it!
The map that comes with the powerchip ECU is pretty good for stage 2. If you want to change anything, don't get that flash. Powerchip won't fine tune for you. If you do any other mods, you're stuck with what you have. Kleeman will retune your ECU just for the cost of shipping. Also, if you have any issues, Kleeman is knowledgable and will help you. Powerchip can't even answer the most basic questions, yet alone solve any problems.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:33 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
The map that comes with the powerchip ECU is pretty good for stage 2. If you want to change anything, don't get that flash. Powerchip won't fine tune for you. If you do any other mods, you're stuck with what you have. Kleeman will retune your ECU just for the cost of shipping. Also, if you have any issues, Kleeman is knowledgable and will help you. Powerchip can't even answer the most basic questions, yet alone solve any problems.
jgsx: Powerchip is a software company, they do a lot of different makes and their expertise is in being able to modify code. People you spoke to on the phone have limited tuning knowledge, this why they were unable to answer all of your questions.

I have personally developed and tuned the C32 Stage II file. Powerchips provided the ability to locate maps, modify them and load them into DME.

Now they do have several engineers that are very proficient in tuning, but once they create a file they move on to a different car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Evosport unable to deliver headers?