C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

AMG Track experiance at MB World UK!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 04:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG, CL500, Jag StypeR, SLK200, Aygo, Audi TT
Smile AMG Track experiance at MB World UK!!

Hi all,

Well ive been invited for a AMG track event at the new Mb world in Brooklands UK tommorow and boy am I excited!

Apparently I get to be taken out on the track by an AMG trainer and then I get the chance to drive myself with him beside me in any of the AMG range cars and .... wait for it .... that includes the SLR Maclaren !! OMG! Im so excited.

Also they apparently do driving clubs for 'youbger' merc fans so my 14 year old is booked in to a few lessons tommorow too. She's excited too bless her.

Theres so much to do including the Brooklands museum where they also have planes including the now retired Concorde so we'll be in there too and also the place has over 30 acres of parkland to see - im sure it will be a fab day!

Ill take pictures and post up here over the weekend -promise.

Man I cant wait. Ive wet myself so many times Ive had to buy a new bumper box of pants!
Old 11-03-2006, 09:44 AM
ON PROBATION

I am going to bet that you and your daughter are going to have a good time.

I will be checking out this place as well as soon as I get back to Weybridge - so I would be quite interested in a report from you post-visit.

For everyone who isn't aware of the new MB World facility:

http://www2.mercedes-benz.co.uk/cont...e/PR_Test.html
Old 11-03-2006, 12:42 PM

Dont worry ill be posting my experiance and pics over the weekend for all. The weather whilst cold is supposed to be bright and sunny so it will be a real blast shooting round the track!

Ive been waiting for the UK to have something like this for years !!
Old 11-03-2006, 04:18 PM
ON PROBATION

Yep. And at Brooklands -- amazing.

Here's hoping for sunshine for your day, and looking forwards to the after-post.
Old 11-03-2006, 06:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 C32 AMG, 2003 ML270 CDi
Sounds great.

I'm trying to convince my better half to head down there. Would be great in this cold but sunny snap we've had since the clocks went back.

Even told her there's a shoe shop on site and she still hasn't bitten ...yet!!

How did you get the invite for the AMG event? See if you can get me on the guest list for a future one if you can??!!
Old 11-04-2006, 02:08 PM

1st visit complete!

Well my first visit to MB World has come to an end and overall out of 10 id give it an 8.

The place is fantastic - very clean, very clinical and makes you feel that your in a prestigious place. Its in lovely surroundings and overall the customer service was spot on - great stuff.

They have all models on show in 'nearly' all colours for you to sit and gorp over. They have an AMG zone, and MAYBACH zone and an SLR Zone. These last 3 zones I was disappointed in. The AMG zone didnt seem to blow me away - it was just afew cars and thats it - I would have liked to have seen ALL the AMG models from present and PAST there with alot more AMG memorabilia on display. But alas there wasnt.

The SLR and MAYBACH zones were even worse - whilst you could see the cars they were in a glassed room with no access to them and you couldnt even touch the cars as a rope barrier stopped you getting too close. Whilst I understand the value of these cars its ludicrous to go to Mercedes WORLD and not even get to feel and sit inside these cars - very disappointing indeed. Out of interest they actually had the new CL and something else in a locked room for you to see but once again you couldnt touch or sit in them - madness. I went here expecting to see ALL but was let down by this.

As for my daughters driving experiance - well she had big beeming smiles - to the point that she made us book another experiance for her next week . They treated her brill and she throroughly enjoyed it.

Onto my AMG experiance. VERY disappointed. We were supposed to be able to drive any vehicle from the AMG range including the SLR. On arrival I was told that all the AMG models have been trashed on previous experiances and hence all they could accomadate me in was a SL600. Oh and the best bit - I could only go in as a passenger. This was supposed to be the highlight of the day but was a BIG letdown. So much so I complained and this is where the customer service comes in - theyve arranged a FULL track event for me for next week in a SLK55 AMG - apologies and everything they were REALLY helpful and wanted to make sure I left happy. I have to say the AMG guys and the service staff were fantastic and there help and arrangements took the sting out of the whole thing. I cant wait to get abck there next weekend!

There are afew interactive things to do - I highly recommend the BUILD experiance - you sit in a 3D like cinema where YOU become a CLK being built - great stuff - the chair shakes you about and it was enough to scare the living daylights out of my son of 5!! all he kept saying was 'I dont like it' like someone out of little britain!! Oh and talking of kids - the FREE creche is brill - they looked after my son for 2 hours while we walked round and supervised him while he played scalextric. Good stuff.

We bought tickets to go to Brooklands museum £15 for the family, but found we'd actually managed to spend the whole day just in MB world - so when im back next weekend to do my 'proper' AMG track event then we'll pop over to that museum then.

It was a real nice day and bare in mind the wife and daughter wernt too happy to go, they came back REALLY enjoying the day to the point there coming back with me next week! The wife even bought things from the shop - love her

One other thing to say - about the CAFE\resturant - its a bloody rip off. Crazy prices. 2 roll sandwiches, 3 cakes (muffins) and 3 cokes - £28 - crazy money. Maybe worth taking your own food\drink!

Ive attached some pics - when I go next week ill pop up new ones. As I say overall its an 8 out of 10. Definately worth going and with the AMG event working out it prob would have made a 9 - just the lack of SLR, MAYBACH cars being open to us and the crazy prices of the food put it down.
Attached Thumbnails AMG Track experiance at MB World UK!!-1.jpg   AMG Track experiance at MB World UK!!-2.jpg   AMG Track experiance at MB World UK!!-3.jpg   AMG Track experiance at MB World UK!!-4.jpg   AMG Track experiance at MB World UK!!-5.jpg  

Old 11-04-2006, 02:20 PM

Mercedes World - pics

Heres scans of some flyers etc of Merc World.
Attached Thumbnails AMG Track experiance at MB World UK!!-scan0002.jpg   AMG Track experiance at MB World UK!!-small1.jpg   AMG Track experiance at MB World UK!!-small2.jpg  
Old 11-04-2006, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Bobby Dazzler
Sounds great.

I'm trying to convince my better half to head down there. Would be great in this cold but sunny snap we've had since the clocks went back.

Even told her there's a shoe shop on site and she still hasn't bitten ...yet!!

How did you get the invite for the AMG event? See if you can get me on the guest list for a future one if you can??!!
BY the way mate - NO shoe shops - but the boutique DID have hand bags if that helps get your sife down there
Old 11-04-2006, 06:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 C32 AMG, 2003 ML270 CDi
Originally Posted by shanusanus
BY the way mate - NO shoe shops - but the boutique DID have hand bags if that helps get your sife down there
Shhh. Don't let my wife hear you say there are no shoe shops!!

She may have to settle for the handbag and a stop off at Bicester Shopping Village on the way down!!