C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

US vs Canada Car prices

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 06:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 C55
US vs Canada Car prices

For all those who don’t understand why we pay more for cars in Canada.

http://drivingtelevision.com/?epID=401

Click on Canada VS US pricing.
Old 12-02-2006, 06:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 C55
canadians over pay so it's our fault. unlike toyota we dont even have the option to import a new Benz from the US. our hands are tied! my buddy is seriously considering buying a IS250 from the states. it would totally be worth it. he will save over 5k after all is said and done.
Old 12-02-2006, 10:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
excites your girlfriend
ouch! that really sucks. why can't you buy one in the states and drive it back? import restrictions?
Old 12-02-2006, 10:37 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by ctC230K
ouch! that really sucks. why can't you buy one in the states and drive it back? import restrictions?
You need to change the parts in the car (the bumper. speedo etc...) to match canadian law. I would love to buy a car and bring it over!!!! But then you will also have to pay tariffs on top of paying for the conversion and paying for the inspection and you also need to contact the head office of the company in both countries and get a letter from them.
I was planning to but then also warranties will get affected depending on how much of a ***** your SA is.
Old 12-03-2006, 01:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 C55
Originally Posted by harpz
You need to change the parts in the car (the bumper. speedo etc...) to match canadian law. I would love to buy a car and bring it over!!!! But then you will also have to pay tariffs on top of paying for the conversion and paying for the inspection and you also need to contact the head office of the company in both countries and get a letter from them.
I was planning to but then also warranties will get affected depending on how much of a ***** your SA is.

even with the money and patience it isn’t even possible to buy a "new" MB from the US and import it. there are mileage restrictions, a car has to be used and have X # of clicks on it before they even allow you to import it. it is different for ever manufacturer but for MB they dont allow you - i've called dealers and asked when i was looking for a C55. But you are right about parts being changed etc...
Old 12-03-2006, 02:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

excites your girlfriend
So what if you just bought a small piece of property in the US, then buy a car in the US, register the car to that piece of property then drive it back up to Canada?
Old 12-03-2006, 05:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Stage 2 C7 A6, QX60
canada is still cheaper than a lot of place
at least cheaper than most countries in Asia
Old 12-03-2006, 12:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 C32 AMG, 2003 ML270 CDi
Doesn't seem so bad to me even by Candadian prices.

Base spec Subaru Tribeca:

$29,995 USD in US; or

£28,995 in UK - that's $57,140.45 USD !!

Now that's what you call an unexplainable difference!!

PS Can't compare Toyota prices as we don't have that model in UK
Old 12-03-2006, 01:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'10 E63 Obsidiant Black; '06 R350 Alabaster White; 05 C55 Obsidiant Black (sold)
i think an Avalon is actually a Camry in Asian countries
Old 12-03-2006, 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 C55
Originally Posted by Bobby Dazzler
Doesn't seem so bad to me even by Candadian prices.

Base spec Subaru Tribeca:

$29,995 USD in US; or

£28,995 in UK - that's $57,140.45 USD !!

Now that's what you call an unexplainable difference!!

PS Can't compare Toyota prices as we don't have that model in UK
well, the video explains it all, no?
in the UK you guys make like a billion euros per hour! LOL
your cost of living is ovbviously higher but your salaries are too. i think we need to remember that we are comparing Canada and the US. to throw in oversea countries isnt really fair. but i hear ya, it's retarded what some countries pay for the same metal.
Old 12-03-2006, 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
Originally Posted by 14cue
well, the video explains it all, no?
in the UK you guys make like a billion euros per hour! LOL
your cost of living is ovbviously higher but your salaries are too. i think we need to remember that we are comparing Canada and the US. to throw in oversea countries isnt really fair. but i hear ya, it's retarded what some countries pay for the same metal.
Incorrect my freind, they pay didly squat in the Uk. I'm in construction in miami, i make really good money here, like over $100k and in vancouver since the construction industry is booming I could probably make the same with the excahnagerate. In the UK i would be lucky if I made $50K in US dollars doing the same job.

My sister is living in suburban London, works as a manager for a boutique hotel, commutes by train to central london, and shares a flat (apartment). She makes 26K pounds a year , can't afford to drive a car, her transit pass is relly expensive, her share of the rent is at least 1000 pounds a month and so and so on. Just to give you an idea, a mcdonalds value meal costs the same in sterling pounds as it costs in the US, when you factor in the exchange rate, the brits are getting screwed royally.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
i read a lot of british magazines (mostly auto) and they definitely are getting ****ed
Old 12-04-2006, 02:41 AM

Looking for a new toy.
The following link contains most info you need to import a car into Canada from the U.S. FYI

http://www.riv.ca
Old 12-04-2006, 02:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 C55
Originally Posted by moosejaw
Incorrect my freind, they pay didly squat in the Uk. I'm in construction in miami, i make really good money here, like over $100k and in vancouver since the construction industry is booming I could probably make the same with the excahnagerate. In the UK i would be lucky if I made $50K in US dollars doing the same job.

My sister is living in suburban London, works as a manager for a boutique hotel, commutes by train to central london, and shares a flat (apartment). She makes 26K pounds a year , can't afford to drive a car, her transit pass is relly expensive, her share of the rent is at least 1000 pounds a month and so and so on. Just to give you an idea, a mcdonalds value meal costs the same in sterling pounds as it costs in the US, when you factor in the exchange rate, the brits are getting screwed royally.

hey bud,

wow, 100k a yr! i'm in the wrong biz! and i am a director at an IT firm. i need to move down south for sure.

hmmm, back to the subject, weird, all the people i have met (4) who lived or is living in London said they make really good pay. the cost of living is very high but it is balanced with their salary.

cars are expensive and if you want an M or an AMG you will have to put out. unfortunately some pay more than others. fact of life.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Originally Posted by 14cue
hey bud,

wow, 100k a yr! i'm in the wrong biz! and i am a director at an IT firm. i need to move down south for sure.

hmmm, back to the subject, weird, all the people i have met (4) who lived or is living in London said they make really good pay. the cost of living is very high but it is balanced with their salary.

cars are expensive and if you want an M or an AMG you will have to put out. unfortunately some pay more than others. fact of life.
Trust me like vancouver, making 100k a year in miami believe or not does not get you very far. Miami and Vancouver have similarities, building boom(well miami went bust) by the water, climates, hot chicks and jobs. It's just darn expen$ive to live here.

Dude the IT market is saturated with people which is why salaries are not that competitive. In construction there seems to be a lack of people with the experience and common sense. really all u need is a four year degree in civil engineering and your first job out of school down here will pay you 70K a year. That's not bad for being Fresh Out of School.

England sux the food is bad, the taxes will kill ya and there is a camera pionted everywhere u turn. U get fed up with the Big Brother Mentality. you couldn;t pay me enough to live there. Not a lot of nice looking lasses there either "u know wadda mean mate?"
Old 12-04-2006, 07:33 PM

C32 AMG - in Pewter
IT market bacame saturated as the "big heads" figured these jobs can be exported to Asia. Pray that they do not figure a cost effective way applicable to construction (like bring chip labour on temporary permit, a big stretch I know, but things are going wild).
Old 12-04-2006, 07:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Originally Posted by gkstar
IT market bacame saturated as the "big heads" figured these jobs can be exported to Asia. Pray that they do not figure a cost effective way applicable to construction (like bring chip labour on temporary permit, a big stretch I know, but things are going wild).
I doubt it, I can see premanufacturing construction items such as steel joists girders outside US. Bringing in Stone or cabinets from Asia. Even bringing in workers from out of state. But in construction if it can only be cost effective if at the end of the day the work goes off without any problems. A schedule and the item in question has to be guaranteed to perform to do the task at hand and that is something that cannot be "Value Engineered".

What could hurt my industry, mind you, is another 911, or the banks freezing uop the money. Currently constructions loans are tough to get and the ones i'm talking about calculate interest of at least $200K PER MONTH!!!!!
Old 12-04-2006, 08:16 PM
Almost a Member!

C32 T-modell
Expensive cars you guys have. LOL...

Welcome to Finland!

Brand new C55 is 99750€ without any options, thats about 133000$
Two months ago, my used 2002 C32 wagon was 49000€ (65300$) with 108000 km on it. I guess you would get brand new C55 in the US?

From the link below, you will find our mercedes prices
http://www.mercedes-benz.fi/content/...tmp/MB2005.pdf

Mercedes is expensive car everywhere, but you get the picture... And honestly, we don´t make big bucks.

Last edited by Jani Anttila; 12-04-2006 at 08:21 PM.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:41 PM

My ex-cars: 03 E55,04 C32, 05 C55 ,03 E320
yea ppl,,,please....cars in US and Canada are CHEAP period! compared with the rest of the world..

Im from HK so I know the prices over there are crazy..almost double,..not to mention gas too....100 US dollars per fillup....
Old 12-04-2006, 08:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
God Bless America! Get me out of Canada.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

excites your girlfriend
lol, so i guess i should complain about prices of a 4 year old M3 or C32 being around $30,000 USD
Old 12-04-2006, 09:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML320, Looking for my S4
Originally Posted by ctC230K
lol, so i guess i should complain about prices of a 4 year old M3 or C32 being around $30,000 USD
hey dont forget a new m3 coupe in the states is 43K and its 43K in england except thats 43K pounds, and that comes out to 85,031.63 USD. so their getting royaly fuked up the bum
Old 12-04-2006, 10:37 PM

All of them!
At least you can walk into a Shoppers Drug Mart and get some good drugs at reasonable prices! And high octane beer in the liquor stores.
Wash down a few 222's with a Labatt's Max Ice, that should numb the pain. Pop a Halcion, , you'll sleepwalk your way down to the dealer and pay those prices without remembering it, or anything else!! LOL

Maybe they just see it as a profit vs. quantity thing. They don't sell as many cars, so they have to make more on each to make a similar profit quota.
Maybe they are trying to suck the last bit of money out of Canada before it collapses from ultrataxation. $100K Candian won't go far after taxes unless you reside on a Indian reserve.
I'd tell you to leave but where would you go? The U.S. (government) doesn't want you high priced Canuuks, they just want the cheap labor from Mexico, illegal aliens and products from our transplanted factorys. We let our companies outsource everthing from drive thrus to technical engineering jobs to India and Walmart has helped put the last U.S. tv manfacturer under.
So, maybe the quest for low prices in America caused them to sell for less here, but it will completely kill our economy.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
tell y awhat 100K in Georgia and I could live like a king......I was floored when I saw house prices in Hotlanta
Old 12-05-2006, 01:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 C55
Originally Posted by mbenzman
At least you can walk into a Shoppers Drug Mart and get some good drugs at reasonable prices! And high octane beer in the liquor stores.
the man has a point there
and we dont have to worry about kids carrying guns at every corner (Toronto excluded =P).

i wouldnt live anywhere else in the world but good ol' vancouver. i wouldnt mind travelling and living in other parts of the world but i know this will always be my home. with that said, i still need my car(s). they're like chicks; xpensive but we cant live w/o them

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: US vs Canada Car prices