C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

ASP Pulley Installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 08:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK32
ASP Pulley Installed

So I am a bit late on the bandwagon to have a pulley kit installed. Should have done it when I first purchased the car This is one of those things that is easily over thought. Don't think about it, just do it.

As some of you may remember a couple of weeks ago I posted a thread asking who had the best price on pulley kits. Shortly after I posted Matt from http://www.revolutionbenz.com/ contacted me. I am glad that he did. I drove over there today to have the kit installed. Matt is a hell of a nice guy and he did a great job . We spent a decent bit of time chatting before and after the install. I highly recommend using Revolution if you are in the Atlanta area.

Went for a drive after the install and the car felt good, felt much stronger (as it should). I did not have a chance to do a lot of driving but the more I did drive the better the car felt. It also helped once I noticed that the car had accidently been put in W, Doh. Car felt better once it was back in S.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:00 AM
SPONSOR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice! glad you are enjoying the extra power...
Old 12-20-2006, 07:27 AM

SLK32
I am now debating cams & ECU.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts
AMG
Congrats!

You may just have a chance at beating me now....
Old 12-20-2006, 09:57 AM
Almost a Member!

2002 C32 AMG K
Why would you do pulleys without the ECU flash? Isn't it dangerous for the car not to know it has added boost?
Old 12-20-2006, 10:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
Originally Posted by C32Luvr
Why would you do pulleys without the ECU flash? Isn't it dangerous for the car not to know it has added boost?
Not really. You can supercharge a C55 without flashing the ECU if you want.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
2013 C63 AMG P31, 2014 GMC Sierra (6.2)
How long did the install take?
Old 12-20-2006, 01:11 PM

2003 C32
cost?

What was cost? Why did you choose ASP? Is your warranty void now?
Old 12-20-2006, 02:53 PM

SLK32
The install took a little less than two hours including pre and post test drives to monitor boost & air intake. It was ~$160 for the install.

I chose ASP mainly for the price. For the couple of extra HP potential out of the other kits I could not justify spending the extra $1k. Esp considering I am currently debating whether or not I am keeping the car.

No. Running the car without an upgraded ECU is not dangerous. The increased boost is still within a range that the ECu can tune for. The reason I did not purchase an ECU now is the same reason above. I am just not sure that I am keeping the car more than a couple of more months.

So why do the install now? I had given myself until the end of the year to get pulley's. If I did not do it now I was not going to do it, period.

As far as the warranty is concerned the answer is a qualified no. It is qualified for two reasons. The first reason is that if I have any issues the dealer must be able to "prove" that the pulley's caused the issue they are trying to deny. The second is that my warranty is up in a couple of days.

Chappy it may be tougher to beat you. The pulley's make controlling wheel spin that much harder
Old 12-20-2006, 03:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK500/Range Rover HSE/E55 AMG/Bmw 328Xi coupe/BMW 4.8x/Bmw 335i/GS350/Audi S5/E350
I'd get the sprint booster..... it takes your car to another level in regards to butt dyno'ing...
Old 12-20-2006, 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by 430
As far as the warranty is concerned the answer is a qualified no. It is qualified for two reasons. The first reason is that if I have any issues the dealer must be able to "prove" that the pulley's caused the issue they are trying to deny. The second is that my warranty is up in a couple of days.
Well, what happens is that you bring the car in for a problem, the dealer finds the modification, and takes the position that the modification voids the warranty. It's then up to you to either pay for the repair, and sue to enforce the warranty, or take the car back without a repair. Once in court, the burden may fall on the dealer to prove fault, but you still need to be in court. Either way, the risk is yours and the dealer really is in control.

With the new power, I think you need a Quaife LSD. Heck, you needed on before!
Old 12-20-2006, 07:52 PM

SLK32
You are correct about the Quafie. Unfortunatly they do not make one for the SLK32.

I hear what you are saying about the Sprint Booster and I would be interested at a lower price point. At the $250+ range I would rather just put the money towards an ECU. If someone wants to sell me one at $125 I will take it. Maybe if I drove a car with it I would change my tune but that is where I currently stand.

As far as the whole warranty thing I am not too concerned. One of the keys is finding a good dealership and most of the ones in Atlanta are not bad. There is only one I would avoid like the plague.

On previous cars I have had an occaisional issue with the dealer. I have always gotten the problem resolved to my satisfaction before getting anywhere near the discussion of going to court. It is also going to depend on what the issue is. I don't think (although never estimate the stupidity of people) any dealer is going to try and tell me that they will not fix my heated seats or any number of other issues because of the pulley's. Now if (god forbid) I were to throw a rod or someother catastrophic engine failure, well that of course is another issue.