Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 11:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Have anyone tried this...B&B Performance Cold Air Intake System

Browsing the internet I found this site:

http://www.globalautoshop.com

http://www.globalautoshop.com/access...ons/c_w203.htm

And they sell a cold air intake for the C55 W203. EAsy to install, so I was wondering if any of the guy here in the forum knows about them? Or Have use it?

Thanks!!
Old 12-26-2006, 11:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 C55
10% power gain huh? i'm not so sure about that but i would love a set of those sexy head light and tail light rings.
Old 12-27-2006, 01:18 AM

W211 E55AMG
B&B PERFORMANCE LINE ELECTRIC SUPERCHARGER SYSTEM * HOT * INTRODUCTORY PRICE OFFER *
The only supercharger in the market with Velocity Technology which feeds the engine 3 x more air speed than the conventional air intake system.

* Add more HORSEPOWER up to 17 HP guaranteed.
* Powerful fan: 26000 rpm and 1.3 psi boost pressure.'

Old 12-27-2006, 04:32 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by rhernand07
Browsing the internet I found this site:

http://www.globalautoshop.com

http://www.globalautoshop.com/access...ons/c_w203.htm

And they sell a cold air intake for the C55 W203. EAsy to install, so I was wondering if any of the guy here in the forum knows about them? Or Have use it?

Thanks!!
it's probably the same type they have for the SRT-6 which is doable. You basically remove your stock airbox and put the cone filter with the tube in instead. probably have the same gain as for just changing to a higher flow filter. basically the intake in our cars are RAM-air all you need to do is insulate the plastic tube before the airbox for a cold air effect. I kept saying i'm gonna do that, but keep lagging. lol
Old 12-27-2006, 10:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Cold air inductions are generally worthless. They suck air from inside the engine compartment, which is going to be hotter than outside air. And the cone filters are not necessarily higher flow than the OEM dual filters.

I once saw a test between an OEM paper air filter, K&N oiled cloth filter, and NO FILTER at all. It showed no appreciable difference.

What I always remind myself is that MB had every incentive to make the C32 as powerful as possible, and if it was possible to pull 10HP out of the engine so easily, they would have done it. What I might be interested in would be a system that replaced the two intake snorkels with fatter tubes.
Old 12-27-2006, 11:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Fifth Ring
What I always remind myself is that MB had every incentive to make the C32 as powerful as possible, and if it was possible to pull 10HP out of the engine so easily, they would have done it. What I might be interested in would be a system that replaced the two intake snorkels with fatter tubes.
Yes, one would think they would try and get as much easy HP as they could out of this car. The biggest problem with our intakes isn't the filters or diameter of the tubes, its the retarded intake splitter that chokes everything out. You could have 4" straight pipe/ram air but will have the same problem. Stupid design if you ask me. Green or K&N filters and an intake splitter from an SL55 are the way to go if you want to do anything.
Old 12-27-2006, 01:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
The splitter is the bottleneck. Although it is impressive that they package an intake, supercharger and intake manifold all in one place.

My old Audi twin turbo had the most convoluted intake plumbing imaginable. Air came in one box, routed over the engine from the firewall to the front, where it split and went down to the exhaust manifolds to each turbo, and from the turbos it was routed to twin intercoolers in front of each of the front tires; then it came back up and was merged at the front of the engine again. Many opportunities for turbo leaks, and superheated air.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:28 PM

Thank you guys!!! Where can I find the splitter from a SL55? Has anyone done that to a C55??? If so what do you gain? How much HP?

Thanks again!!
Old 12-27-2006, 11:54 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
the C55 doesn't use a splitter. the whole second half of the top cover is the intake.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:44 PM

2005 Brabus C55
Originally Posted by FrankW
the C55 doesn't use a splitter. the whole second half of the top cover is the intake.
... also ....

Essentially the C55 already has a cold air intake ... you have two pipes running from the grill above the radiator (that's cold air) and straight to the airbox/air filter assembly.

You might be able to get a gain by eliminating the airbox and just just use a "Y" straight into the MAF at the back of the engine.

Just installed K&N's (replaced stock paper filters w/ 20K miles for under $100) and felt a mid-range improvement ... essentially like better throttle response... tough to tell/describe any top end improvement (although there should be some).
Old 04-16-2009, 05:43 PM

hey there!
i was looking at putting the same intake booster on my 07 ml350... any suggestions?
should i also look for a wider intake spitter? do they even make one for w164?