C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

New Lexus IS-F: competition for C-AMG, M3, S/RS4

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 10:10 PM

Received 154 Likes on 38 Posts
c63 BS; lc500; F-pace SVR; Jaguar P8, c63 p31
Originally Posted by tee_tz
I'm sorry, but I must aggressively disagree on the customer service bit. Mercedes-Benz probably has THE WORST customer service for luxury cars, at least in the 3 dealerships I've been in; one was alright to be honest -- wasn't great, but they treated me okay (Union, New Jersey) and two of them (Larchmont Mercedes and White Plains Mercedes) were just terrible!!! I mean, have you ever experience such horrible customer service that you'll actual bother contacting the Group of companies to report this; that's how terrible they were. Useless!

I think that's why Lexus always wins JD Power's Customer Service Awards; and also consumer awards. The difference is quite noticeable.

Anyway, I just had to point out my... actually, anger, with Mercedes-Benz customer service.

Tee_Tz.
Agree. I was so sad to see how much better Lexus customer service was compared to MB. And I have taken my car to 4 different Mb dealers around No Virginia and Maryland and they all have that stuck up attitude. Their waiting rooms look like a Toyota dealer, and they gave my Hyundais and Chevys as loaners.
When i showed up at the Lexus dealer wearing sweat pants and t-shirt, the guys called my sir and treated me like I was a millionare. My loaner was the exact model as my car!!!
Like I said, I LOVE the way AMGs cars look and drive, but they need to work on offering more on the interior, reliability, and service. I would love to see MB be what Lexus is now when it come to those issues. Some peopple are so defensive when it come to pointing out flaws in their car/car companies. if we don't point them out, then who would?
The ISF is not that good looking though. The tail pipes is not to my taste. Maybe they'll change it around after the first few years.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML63 AMG
Originally Posted by Lizard
Agree. I was so sad to see how much better Lexus customer service was compared to MB. And I have taken my car to 4 different Mb dealers around No Virginia and Maryland and they all have that stuck up attitude. Their waiting rooms look like a Toyota dealer, and they gave my Hyundais and Chevys as loaners.
When i showed up at the Lexus dealer wearing sweat pants and t-shirt, the guys called my sir and treated me like I was a millionare. My loaner was the exact model as my car!!!
Like I said, I LOVE the way AMGs cars look and drive, but they need to work on offering more on the interior, reliability, and service. I would love to see MB be what Lexus is now when it come to those issues. Some peopple are so defensive when it come to pointing out flaws in their car/car companies. if we don't point them out, then who would?
The ISF is not that good looking though. The tail pipes is not to my taste. Maybe they'll change it around after the first few years.
Very well said.

I'm not going to sit here and pretent Mercedes is the absolute best brand with no flaws just to 'keep up appearances!'... I'm going to point out what I don't like - or want to see improve. And I think Mercedes values that honesty, because while their brand is one of the most valuable in the automotive industry, they ARE losing sales to other manufactures who are offering the other benefits of ownership. It only takes 1 Mercedes dealership to steer a young guy away from the brand forever.

Anyway, I'm not saying people are lying that Mercedes offers great customer service, or ownership, I'm just saying, we are all here to recognize the faults, the greatness, the problems, and the good passion of Mercedes-Benz vehicles - that's what this forum is for.

Tee_Tz.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 C32
Originally Posted by AcesHigh
Other photos of the car, from the Top Gear website. I must say I do not disapprove of the styling..

I disapprove of those exhaust tips
Old 01-12-2007, 08:52 AM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by jgsx
I think that both the old and new/current MB navigation stink in comparison to what Acura and Lexus offer.
Next time you are in the area, I want to take you for a ride in my buds S65 AMG. It has everything that you mentioned and more.

The seats even move when you turn the car. Not to mention the built in massage features.

I think MB could put more technology in the car if they wanted to, but they save it for the big boy toys.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
Originally Posted by AMG-Jerry
Next time you are in the area, I want to take you for a ride in my buds S65 AMG. It has everything that you mentioned and more.

The seats even move when you turn the car. Not to mention the built in massage features.

I think MB could put more technology in the car if they wanted to, but they save it for the big boy toys.
Yes, it looks like newer S-class has a pretty good navigation system finally, but it still isn't on par with the Acura/Lexus ones. The Acura/Lexus ones are still much better than the S COMMAND. It also takes years for the better MB navigation to trickle down to the C-class. Acura/Lexux offer the good navigation in more entry level vehicles. MB is catching up, all I was saying is that the Japanese have offered those features for years. Hopefully that will change soon.

As for other luxury features, MB all the way.
Old 01-12-2007, 11:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
Originally Posted by AMG-Jerry
Next time you are in the area, I want to take you for a ride in my buds S65 AMG.
BTW, yes, I want a ride in the S65. Papa AMG
Old 01-12-2007, 03:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by jgsx
Yes, it looks like newer S-class has a pretty good navigation system finally, but it still isn't on par with the Acura/Lexus ones. The Acura/Lexus ones are still much better than the S COMMAND. It also takes years for the better MB navigation to trickle down to the C-class. Acura/Lexux offer the good navigation in more entry level vehicles. MB is catching up, all I was saying is that the Japanese have offered those features for years. Hopefully that will change soon.

As for other luxury features, MB all the way.
The new generation of COMAND like the one found in the 221 S-Class will be available in the new 204 C-Class this fall as an option. I have test driven a Lexus, but not an Acura. How are their navigation systems better than the W221?
Old 01-17-2007, 07:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
Originally Posted by pmb600
The new generation of COMAND like the one found in the 221 S-Class will be available in the new 204 C-Class this fall as an option. I have test driven a Lexus, but not an Acura. How are their navigation systems better than the W221?
The W221 is a significant upgrade compared to previous MB COMMAND, but it still is pretty far behind compared to the Japanese. It doesn't even have touch screen. You control the thing with a knob. The new COMMAND doesn't support traffic information, and the POI database on the Acuras is superior. The Germans are catching up, but the nagivation systems that were available on entry level Japanese luxury cars YEARS ago still beat the next generation navigation systems on German cars that aren't available yet.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
I second JGSX! Touchscreen is basic now in alot of jap cars when you get the nav option. There nav like acura is fully controlled by voice activation........simplier to operate and the voice control can manage the seats,heater,ac controls etc.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
True I haven't spent enough time with the new generation of COMAND to know about the POIs and I did not realize it didn't have traffic updates. But it is fully controled by voice, which I think renders touch screen irrelevant. I'm not disagreeing with you guys, the Japanese NAVs are great. I guess it's no surprise, look how long it took to get a single in dash CD-Player on Mercedes.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Whatever you guys do, don't take your cars to Mercedes of Greenwhich CT. The worst service EVER. No arguments, lol.

I hope Lexus is joking about that exhaust, it is the dumbest thing I have ever seen. I'd take the Brabus 6 tip exhaust over that. And I like the car, but it gives off a ricer impression. The bodykit doesn't seem stock. 400hp seems promising, especially if it is priced below the M3 and C-AMG. But I think its still in a league right under M and AMG (and I think thats what Lexus was aiming for if they keep their prices right).
Old 01-18-2007, 11:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
Originally Posted by pmb600
True I haven't spent enough time with the new generation of COMAND to know about the POIs and I did not realize it didn't have traffic updates. But it is fully controled by voice, which I think renders touch screen irrelevant. I'm not disagreeing with you guys, the Japanese NAVs are great. I guess it's no surprise, look how long it took to get a single in dash CD-Player on Mercedes.
I currently have nice voice control with my Z1, and it is nice, but I assure you, sometimes it is a lot easier and quicker to just use touch screen controls instead. I'd take touch over voice if I had to choose.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cee Fiddy Five
On the dealership note- each person has their own experiences. I've found that the bigger Merc dealerships will be more of a problem, my guess being that even if some customers do complain, they don't care because of the pure volume they sell. If you are in the Chicago area, Motorwerks is a great example of this. And again in my experience, the Lexus dealership has just been as bad...

It looks good in that picture because you can't see the wheel vents and there is a shadow over the hood, obscuring the cancerous growth!

And on navigation- I like my C class navi better than the Lexus one. Sure touch screen is (very!) nice, but what good is it if you can't use it while driving?
Old 01-18-2007, 01:57 PM

C32
Originally Posted by MercedesFTW
On the dealership note- each person has their own experiences. I've found that the bigger Merc dealerships will be more of a problem, my guess being that even if some customers do complain, they don't care because of the pure volume they sell. If you are in the Chicago area, Motorwerks is a great example of this. And again in my experience, the Lexus dealership has just been as bad...

It looks good in that picture because you can't see the wheel vents and there is a shadow over the hood, obscuring the cancerous growth!

And on navigation- I like my C class navi better than the Lexus one. Sure touch screen is (very!) nice, but what good is it if you can't use it while driving?
Why not file a complaint to Lexus Corporate? If they are so emphasized on customer service, they would take your beef seriously.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
Originally Posted by MercedesFTW
That is easy to fix. I had to do it to my Z1.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cee Fiddy Five
Eh...I don't drive the Lexus much anyways, I swear I can be as peppy as ever, and as soon as I start the engine of the CX, I get drowsy!

It's not like the service is so bad that I need to complain. It just hasn't proven itself worthy of all the talk about Lexus service.

Also, I know for the Pioneer systems it's a matter of tricking the system (like removing the sensor from the parking brake or something??), is it something relatively simple for the Lexus system as well? I'd like to keep it in mind, especially if my dad decides to choose the LS over the S.

Do the new Lexus systems at least allow for Nav controls if there's a passenger??
Old 01-19-2007, 12:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
i am liking this car more and more..........maybe since i started of with the is300 then to the is350 now to this c32. if the price is right i am getting it and bye to mercedes.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 E55 and 2002 E320
I would be remiss if I didn't point out the fact that the rear seat on the IS-F seats only two people instead of three. I think this alone is very special; how many four door cars in this segment (compact sports sedan) have 2+2 seating?

If it has good fuel economy (it's possible especially with 8 gears the highway RPMs will probably be very low), a reasonable price, and comparable handling; then the M3 and C63 will be in big trouble. I omitted the Audi S4 since the S4 is an AWD car and for those who want/need AWD would not likely consider a RWD.