C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

$1500 Teleaid Upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 10:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Black on Black stock ' 03 C32
Originally Posted by redfarsi
You do realize an oil change takes only 10 minutes right?
It's the mobil 1 that makes it expensive. True that the oil and filter probably add up to about 60 bucks, but the guy has to earn a living, right? I pay 90. For the $30 that he makes, I don't have to get a jack, jack the car, get my hands dirty, dispose of oil, etc. And, I don't have the PC module to clear the computer of service reminders.

I have done mechanical work ever since I was a lttle kid following my dad around. I have even done rebuilds on an '85 Buick 4 Cyl, and an inline 6 FI Maxima. I know what is going on when I am being quoted for a job, but I would rather let someone else do it; for a modest price I don't get dirty, and I can earn at my rate working at what I do. I do computer work, and I had to let go of a customer very quickly once. I had quoted him some custom software, and his response was, "Why are you charging me so much?, You're just typing on a keyboard." That was the end of our meeting.
(end of rant... )

BTW: My mechanic has quoted me $270 for the tranny service that's going to be due at 90K miles. For that he will drain and fill the 12 quarts of MB tranny fluid that's about $14 a quart and replace the filters and seals.

He's quick, reasonably priced, and curteously answers any and all questions. That's probably why this guy has been there for a long time, and he's always got work.