C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

2008+ C63 confirmed by Autoweed to have 450+hp. Link inside.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 05:52 PM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
Several of you are receiving PMs from me about the name calling and insults. If some of you don't start reading and paying attention, bannings will follow.
Old 01-21-2007, 06:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grand Cherokee Limited
Im curious to see whatg the c63 will really look like, the m3 does have better styling but its comparing a 2 door to a 4 door! right?
Old 01-21-2007, 08:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203, W211, W219, W212
I don't think C63 will look any more aggressive than what we've seen in the pictures so far. Body panels will be the same as the avantgarde trim. Speaking of M3:
Originally Posted by M3forum Member
Drivetrain: The car had the V-8, true dual exhaust from the engine back, prob about 65mm piping pre mufflers, center dual inlet/outlet resonator, going to a rear canister muffler to very "F430" looking tips....large dual wall and staggered in length...much larger than e46 M3 tips....they really looked like F430 copies.....look at those and you've got an idea.....just closer to the center of the rear valence as in the e46 M3. The sound was very quiet at idle...maybe too quiet...when on the throttle the car had an exotic V-8 sound.....more high revving "F430 ish" than E39 M5 "deep burble" sounding if you know what I mean. Sounded similar to the V-10 although with an obviously V-8 sounding bias....very nice. Had the aluminum finned M diff. and triple oil coolers up front with one long thin one in the center of the air dam and then two smaller ones in the air dam sides venting back to the wheelwells. The transmission was a manual six speed! I couldn't see if the DSC switch was there or not. The tach was covered.

Wheels/brakes/suspension: The car was on wheels similar to BBS LM's, staggered, with 245/40-18 Pilot Sports up front and 265/40-18 Pilot Sports in the rear. Brakes were large drilled vented rotors with standard looking calipers. Very business sport like and not bling at all. Spring perches were not adjustable. Large anti-roll bars and aluminum control arms all around. Car looked lowered about 1-1.5" from 335 coupe.

Bodywork: M hood with power bulge, side M vents in front fenders, air dam with large center and side openings, rear M lip, flared lower side rockers all hidden with camo black plastic on black bodywork.
Car had a metal roof with a sunroof and BMW assist antenna. Fenders weren't flared any more than 335 coupe fenders which was a little dissapointing.....but remember it was a mule. This car could have been modified on a 335 coupe body and the flares weren't incorporated....couldn't say. Front air dam looked aggressive under the camo. Trunk had the license plate in the center unlike the magazine shots that have been posted.

Interior: Standard coupe interior with no nav or idrive and nice seats with fairly large bolsters. It did have the wonky seat belt assist arms. Aluminum trim. Also had the power sunshade in the rear along with Logic7 sound.

Impressions:

I liked the high RPM sound, availability of the manual six speed, rear wheel size, front air dam, rear valence, exhaust, hood bulge, side rockers and ride height.

I didn't like the exhaust sound at idle (too quiet as in no sound), front wheel width (too narrow for the car's weight), lack of fender flares and the seat belt assist.

Last edited by 360_iti; 01-21-2007 at 08:43 PM.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Originally Posted by JDitlaia
Im curious to see whatg the c63 will really look like, the m3 does have better styling but its comparing a 2 door to a 4 door! right?
No. Read my post againy? It reads M3 sedan, and yes, they're releasing an M3 sedan
Old 01-21-2007, 11:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2001 S500 Sport "Klaus"
Originally Posted by amdspitfire
wow thats ugly
+1, or in this case, *10^23

that is a really awful-looking automobile, from every angle and inside, too. blecch to the current Merc design staff. Perhaps they need to smoke some "Autoweed" and get inspired!
Old 01-22-2007, 07:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E36M3 race car/Ferrari F355 GTS/1973 Mini 1275GT/Fiat Abarth/ML63/SLK55
re the engine:-

there was a thread on m3 forum some time back regarding the new m3 engine having a flat plane vs cross plane crank. I posted a bit on that. the consensus was it that it would be cross plane ( ie nascar sound vs F1 sound). here's the thread- good reading
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=107321

6 months ago i told a friend if the m3 came 4 dr and with a flat plane crank i would sell my f355 and c32 and buy 2 m3s. semi crazy statement at the time but relects my admiration and love of hi revving nature of flat plane engines, and the crazy engine note they produce.

.....the new m3 v8 will have offset crankpins. i read that in the autoweek article. how much the will even out firing pulses i'm not sure but there was a comment of it sounding f430 ish. if this is the case then most likely i will get an m3 4 dr vs c63. that engine, plus handling that makes the old e46 m3 seem broken will be just the ticket for my track days.

from autoweek-
"It’s under the hood, though, where the real action is concentrated. In place of the outgoing model’s 3.2-liter inline six cylinder is a new V8. As you might expect, given BMW’s typical engineering thoroughness, the new naturally aspirated unit is not simply a development of BMW’s existing 4.4-liter and 4.8-liter engines. Rather, the M3 receives a cut-down version of the M5’s V10 with a capacity close to 4.0 liters. We say “close” because our sources contend that several capacities were considered, though we hear the one that got the nod retains the same 75.2-mm stroke as the M5’s powerplant.

Shorter but wider than the outgoing third-generation’s inline six, it boasts a 90-degree cylinder bank angle with offset crankpins. Like other BMW M division engines, each cylinder receives its own throttle butterfly to allow the air to be precisely metered for razor-sharp response. Lightweight internals also ensure the M3’s new engine will rev to more than 8000 rpm and, despite its greater output, weigh little more than the decade-old engine it replaces."

and what's the fuss with flat plane cranks??? listen to this. my f355 has the bypass cats wired open and sounds similar (not as loud).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMKCeXwcFww

Last edited by AWDman; 01-22-2007 at 07:22 AM.