MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c55-amg-w203-48/)
-   -   Result of 95MPH into trees with my C32, CRAZY!!! (https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c55-amg-w203/179267-result-95mph-into-trees-my-c32-crazy.html)

0700700 01-26-2007 08:52 AM

im soooo happy you are OK my friend ... my thoughts are with you :)

get well soon

Fifth Ring 01-26-2007 09:03 AM

When I see something like this, I preach the same message. Get to a club event (Audi Club, Benz Club, Mazda Club) at a local road course and drive as fast as you want under safe conditions. Not only will you get your rocks off in a safe environment -- which will eliminate the urge to do it on public roads; but you will also learn your car's limits.

One or two days a year on track pretty much eliminates any desire to risk your life and others on public roads.

Thank God that you were alone. You could have taken the life of a friend or family member.

You're right to find God in this after seeing the wreck! We can all give credit to Mercedes, but I can't really say that there's anything left of the car that gets credit for saving your life!

BavarianPride 01-26-2007 09:33 AM

Those pictures are sick, i don't care who was behind the wheel when it crashed or what the circumstances where.
Scares me to know that there are drivers out there that cause this kind of damage on our roads, where my loved ones have to be at times.....

the101dragons 01-26-2007 10:38 AM

Fishy or not man lets see a pic of yourself in the hospital to prove all the naysayers. You were in there for so long you must have taken pics of all the wounds and all, I know I would have. When I had my accident I took pics of the accident scene, I know you couldn't but I know someone close to you should have or could have. Anyhow you got a 2nd chance and glad your ok.

NY C32 01-26-2007 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Kev04C320 (Post 1964177)
cough cough.... there wasn't that much snow in the northeast this year to justify the use of snow tires really.... cough cough. Our winter just started a week and a half ago...... My snow tires got chewed up by the 60 degree weather in the beginning of January :word:

This is retarded

Like most NORMAL people, I would put my winter wheels after Thanksgiving. If it turns out to be 100 degrees all winter all, oh well...the snow tires stay on until March. I've got better things to do than swtich between my summer/winter set up.

jtc55 01-26-2007 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by NY C32 (Post 1964315)
This is retarded

Like most NORMAL people, I would put my winter wheels after Thanksgiving. If it turns out to be 100 degrees all winter all, oh well...the snow tires stay on until March. I've got better things to do than swtich between my summer/winter set up.

i do the same thing. i put on my winter set-up when 1st snowfall arrives and leave them on until no more snowfall (usually March)

the101dragons 01-26-2007 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by emax (Post 1964116)
Thank you all for the kind words. I had a set of run flat snow tires on the car, they where not summer tires. I definatly learned my lesson from this one.

To the BS callers, I understand where your comming from and respect the idea that it's impossible that I'd be alive. I am living in some serious pain and fighting through this but I can't prove it unless you met me.

On a side note I had a $4K Rolex on which some how vanished... :(

I don't think it matters what tires you had on, you will slide off the road doing 95 in any set of tires regardless of winter or summer tires.

side note, wearing 4k Rolex, most of these people I know drive the higher end cars. Sclass SLclass. You pull up in your C32 and most people would not even notice it or your watch.

BIGjohnny 01-26-2007 10:53 AM

I'm very glad to know that you've survived! You're the luckiest person i know!

Whether this is BS or not, let this be a reminder to all of us; drive safely.

Berger Stahl 01-26-2007 11:24 AM

http://users.adelphia.net/~omega_republik/shok.gif wow ....
is hardly believable someone could survive that ....
glad to see you made it in one piece ..... https://mbworld.org/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

samuel003 01-26-2007 11:34 AM

Thanks God that you are alive,
and the best part is you believe in Him now.

p rossi 01-26-2007 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by the101dragons (Post 1964333)

side note, wearing 4k Rolex, most of these people I know drive the higher end cars. Sclass SLclass. You pull up in your C32 and most people would not even notice it or your watch.

whats that supposed to mean? I have 2 rolexes and i drive a c32...i dont drive it to get noticed i drive it because i like it???

DaCeptak0n 01-26-2007 11:45 AM

Wow!! Definitely an angel looking over your shoulder that day. Hope your healing process goes as planned.

You should send this story and pics to Mercedes Design & Development Team and show them what an excellent job they did to save a life and not just propel one...

the101dragons 01-26-2007 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by p rossi (Post 1964438)
whats that supposed to mean? I have 2 rolexes and i drive a c32...i dont drive it to get noticed i drive it because i like it???

It doesn't mean anything, it just doesn't make sense to me that's all. If I bought a 5k watch I wouldn't buy a C32. I'd be rolling in one of the higher end cars with the amount of money I'm spending but I guess that's just me.

tee_tz 01-26-2007 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by BIGjohnny (Post 1964347)
I'm very glad to know that you've survived! You're the luckiest person i know!

Whether this is BS or not, let this be a reminder to all of us; drive safely.

Very well said. It's a scary sight seeing those images, because even if it wasn't him, it was someone else and the point is: drive safely. Yes, Mercedes makes great quality cars, but the car is not made of bricks or metal; these cars tear apart quite easily and depending on so many factors, no airbag or AMG brakes will save your life.

Hope you get well soon, and appreciate all the good things in life.

Enjoy moderately, for you and others.

Tee_Tz.

Kar don 01-26-2007 11:54 AM

that'll buff right out.

Just kidding. Wow man, you are extremeeeeeeely lucky! I don't think Mercedes-Benz safety saved you... someone is def on your side! Live it to the fullest man.

MCONDE01 01-26-2007 11:54 AM

Wow! So gald to see that you make it out ok.... God wants you here for a reason... live every day like it is your last. Get well soon!

Kev04C320 01-26-2007 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by NY C32 (Post 1964315)
This is retarded

Retarded? I put on my snow tires 1 week after Thanksgiving and they got chewed up by the heat..... What's so retarded about this? :nix:

glomar83 01-26-2007 01:09 PM

Like everyone else said, its amazing that you made it alive and I hope you get well quick. At least it was your left leg that shattered and not your right, you'll be back in there in no time.
Its amazing to see what can happen when we push our cars too hard or beyond our abilities.

I don't believe in god, that's a topic for a different board, but you were really effing lucky dude. My boss always tells me, its better to be lucky than good, and that proved to be true in this case.
Best of luck and hope you recover soon.

Ps post pics of yourself. We wanna see battle wounds.

Evil Duffman 01-26-2007 01:17 PM

you are damn lucky to be alive. Ive herd some crazy crash stories and know a few people that had almost been killed if it werent for a miracle. You sir have angels on your shoulders.

SlvrC230SS 01-26-2007 01:35 PM

wow glad you are alive. I had the similar situation with my eclipse a few years ago. I told you what, ever since, it has changed the way I drive.

BKLYN_C 01-26-2007 02:00 PM

Get well man! Screw the watch, you are alive, a but injured but nothing that could put you into a wheelcair. This is the most important part.

And for those of you who give so much credit to MB safety in this crash... This is a pure luck the man is still alive. The reason - failed MB component seat belt. Look at the pictures once again and use your imagination what would happen to the guy if the belt kept him inside the car, groundmeat

Fifth Ring 01-26-2007 02:07 PM

Before I forget...

... DIBS ON THE ENGINE BUILDER PLAQUE!!! (If there is one.)

crb49 01-26-2007 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Kar don (Post 1964483)
that'll buff right out.

Ahhh...Finally, the silver lining.:rolf:

Fifth Ring 01-26-2007 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by BKLYN_C (Post 1964784)
And for those of you who give so much credit to MB safety in this crash... This is a pure luck the man is still alive. The reason - failed MB component seat belt. Look at the pictures once again and use your imagination what would happen to the guy if the belt kept him inside the car, groundmeat

Given the way the car came apart, it's very possible that the belt was cut by glass or steel (not a defect). But I agree that it was luck. It's hard to see anything about the car that saved him.

emax 01-26-2007 02:18 PM

Thanks again for all of the kind words you guys have shared, I appreciate it a lot. The tires are in fact snow tires, they where installed on December 11th, it anticipation of the NE winter. I know the winter is weak but I did not know it was going the be this way. The tires are: Pirelli Winter 210 Sottozero RFT.

The rolex I actualy picked up on ebay in March 05, I got it for about $3000, it is a 2003 model that retailed fro $4K.

Regarding proof, later today I will get a pic of my leg for you guys and I will hold me speedometer which was found on the ground at the crash site. For privacy reasons I will not be posting a pic of my face.