Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
New Issue! Need help.

Ok Guys,

Just got car back from warranty work where items such as electric air pump, airpump, and relay where among the items replaced.

It seems thou the car takes off very strong and it feels like the SC kicks in.........but after a while I would feel a slight throtle iregular sensation and when I floor the car it seems like the SC isn't on. Now I have read about the IC pump having issues on these C32 around 50k miles but I am not an expert and really don't know whats going on. No engine check lights or faults present. Car just doesn't seem to pull hard but at times it does. I tested it today and you can feel the SC turn on but when I was on the tollway I felt that weird throttle sensation and when I floored it it seemed to have a hard timeclimbing after 60 or 80 MPH. Any help please?
Old 01-28-2007, 05:50 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by c32used
Ok Guys,

Just got car back from warranty work where items such as electric air pump, airpump, and relay where among the items replaced.

It seems thou the car takes off very strong and it feels like the SC kicks in.........but after a while I would feel a slight throtle iregular sensation and when I floor the car it seems like the SC isn't on. Now I have read about the IC pump having issues on these C32 around 50k miles but I am not an expert and really don't know whats going on. No engine check lights or faults present. Car just doesn't seem to pull hard but at times it does. I tested it today and you can feel the SC turn on but when I was on the tollway I felt that weird throttle sensation and when I floored it it seemed to have a hard timeclimbing after 60 or 80 MPH. Any help please?
If it feels like it isn't on, then it most likely isn't. Don't sweat it though, it is an easy fix and you have the warranty!

I can't imagine you having any more issues for some a long time.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by AMG-Jerry
If it feels like it isn't on, then it most likely isn't. Don't sweat it though, it is an easy fix and you have the warranty!

I can't imagine you having any more issues for some a long time.
jerry how do i tell dealer? and what might be the cause?
Old 01-29-2007, 08:51 AM
SPONSOR

C63S
jerry how do i tell dealer? and what might be the cause?
I would say that you think the Intercooler pump is not functioning all of the time. If they can't figure that out, then god help them.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by AMG-Jerry
I would say that you think the Intercooler pump is not functioning all of the time. If they can't figure that out, then god help them.

thanks Jerry!
Old 01-29-2007, 10:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 C32
Hey c32used, what dealer do you go to near Elgin?
Old 01-29-2007, 10:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by jgsx
Hey c32used, what dealer do you go to near Elgin?
Hey JGSX,

My name is Victor if you want to know. I have been going to a Resnick owned MB dealer in St.Charles for the last two services they IMO do good work but are small and they work numbers if something diagnosed is not done. I also have used Hoffman Estates Motorwerks MB and they are exceptional but will squeeze every dollar out of you....ie they did warranty work on my car and charged me diagnostic on an coolant leak that was not covered by extended warranty even though they got paid well for the work they did do by warranty. Those are the two closest to me. I have connections to one in Chicago but its 40 miles away and I preffer to stay local.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
One question JGSX,

AMG-Jerry told me to do a donut in my car to find out if somehow I might of had a LSD installed in car by previous owner and he said that the car should do no more then about a 90 degree in stock form but I did a few donuts nonstop besides getting to close to hitting something and the car kepted going for as long as I had the throttle down is there another way to check and be possitve.......I do a burnout and I always roast both tires at the same time and leave equal marks on the pavement. Also how can I go about checking if my ECU has been reflashed? Jerry told me to dyno it and most likely that would tell. Jerry checked with his MB software and in the ECU it had numbers that might mean it was modded but not sure. If you have possible answers please let me know.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
One question JGSX,

AMG-Jerry told me to do a donut in my car to find out if somehow I might of had a LSD installed in car by previous owner and he said that the car should do no more then about a 90 degree in stock form but I did a few donuts nonstop besides getting to close to hitting something and the car kepted going for as long as I had the throttle down is there another way to check and be possitve.......I do a burnout and I always roast both tires at the same time and leave equal marks on the pavement. Also how can I go about checking if my ECU has been reflashed? Jerry told me to dyno it and most likely that would tell. Jerry checked with his MB software and in the ECU it had numbers that might mean it was modded but not sure. If you have possible answers please let me know.
I haven't tried doing donuts in my car. I doubt you have a Quaife in your car because they haven't been available for our application for that long. Mabye you have a Kleeman or something. If you do, your previous owner was obviously into performance, and you most likeley have a flashed ECU as well.

You can check if you have a flashed ECU if the 155mph speed limiter is gone. You can try getting past 155 on the dyno. Mabye the three of us should go hit the dyno together.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:17 PM
SPONSOR

C63S
I haven't tried doing donuts in my car. I doubt you have a Quaife in your car because they haven't been available for our application for that long. Mabye you have a Kleeman or something. If you do, your previous owner was obviously into performance, and you most likeley have a flashed ECU as well.

You can check if you have a flashed ECU if the 155mph speed limiter is gone. You can try getting past 155 on the dyno. Mabye the three of us should go hit the dyno together.
Werd!

I can take off anytime....what day is best for you guys?

I talked to a few other performance shops and they said that they don't like GRD and their dyno because of low numbers. I had a guy email me his graphs from GRD and from a dynojet and they were way off. The GRD numbers were 328Whp and the dynojet was 351Whp. It was a modded 350Z that was being tested.

So, you guys up for a dynojet?
Old 01-29-2007, 12:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
Sure, I know of a dynojet in Arlington Heights that I used to go to
Old 01-29-2007, 01:24 PM
SPONSOR

C63S
Sure, I know of a dynojet in Arlington Heights that I used to go to

When you schedule it, let me know so I can make arrangements.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
Could I join dyno day?

Of course, if you don't mind?
Old 01-30-2007, 11:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
lets do this soon!
Old 01-31-2007, 10:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002

Well I bought car in late July so I really don't know anything on the car........the carfax indicates it was owned personal in Texas, Michigan 2002-2005 it indicates that person owned it in Texas 3 years 2 months in Michigan 28 days(which means it might of been a dealer) 9 months in IL most likely at a dealer.

The number of owners is estimated by CARFAX
Year purchased 2002 2005 2005
Type of owner Personal --- ---
Estimated length of ownership 3 yrs. 2 mo. 28 days 9 months
Owned in the following states/provinces Texas Michigan Illinois
Estimated miles driven per year 10,585/yr --- ---
Last reported odometer reading 32,397 32,751

when we do dyno I will be able to check the ECU stuff as you said.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Ok Guys,

They messed around with previous install of parts and got them going but i guess it burned out the circulation pump which I presume its the IC pump. So they replaced it and they bled coolant. A loaner was provided thru enterprise and this time it was a Caravan.............only had it for a day.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
I'm waiting to see if the dyno place will work with us. I'll let you guys know
Old 01-31-2007, 11:31 AM
SPONSOR

C63S
If not, we can go to GRD. I can get it done cheap....
Old 01-31-2007, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
I am game..................just let me know.