C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Parts compatibility between the C32 and Crossfire srt-6?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 12:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 320, C32 AMG
Parts compatibility between the C32 and Crossfire srt-6?

Supposedly the Chrysler Crossfire srt-6 has the same engine and S/C as the C32. Has anyone explored getting parts from Chrysler or getting them to work on your C32. I have a buddy that works for a Chrysler dealer and can get employee discounts on parts and his labor costs for me are outrageously cheap. Any thoughts or ideas appreciated.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
I have been told the chassi on the crossfire is pretty much the same as the SLK and the engine is that of the 3.2. I would bet they have different part numbers or something to make it more difficult to swap parts. Otherwise I'd imagine all of us C32 owners with broken parts would get parts from a crossfire for half the price. Don't know for sure though.
Old 01-30-2007, 05:34 PM

Crossfire SRT-6
Originally Posted by SilverBulletAMG
I have been told the chassi on the crossfire is pretty much the same as the SLK and the engine is that of the 3.2. I would bet they have different part numbers or something to make it more difficult to swap parts. Otherwise I'd imagine all of us C32 owners with broken parts would get parts from a crossfire for half the price. Don't know for sure though.
I own one and they are not half the price.. they are usually 10% or so more, they get them from the same place you guys get them and add to the price so that their part of the company can make money... now labor costs maybe different, but i choose not to service my crossfire at chrysler dealers. Their knowledge of the car is extremly limited, many crossfire owners go to mercedes dealers for service.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015.5 Volvo V60 Polestar
Originally Posted by Sidez
I own one and they are not half the price.. they are usually 10% or so more, they get them from the same place you guys get them and add to the price so that their part of the company can make money... now labor costs maybe different, but i choose not to service my crossfire at chrysler dealers. Their knowledge of the car is extremly limited, many crossfire owners go to mercedes dealers for service.
You can say that again. Trying to find out proper winter wheels and tires was a huge task. But it took 2 MB dealers to get the right answer.

One MB dealer laughed at me after I said the XF was a reskinned SLK.

Have you had any troubles with you SRT?
Old 02-01-2007, 11:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not an AMG :(
Originally Posted by numba41
Supposedly the Chrysler Crossfire srt-6 has the same engine and S/C as the C32. Has anyone explored getting parts from Chrysler or getting them to work on your C32. I have a buddy that works for a Chrysler dealer and can get employee discounts on parts and his labor costs for me are outrageously cheap. Any thoughts or ideas appreciated.
There are a couple of threads about the differences b/w the 2 cars here and on the x-fire forum.
I'm pretty sure the engines are not the same and that's why their power output is not the same as the C32 (20hp difference). For example, the cams appear to be different.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:43 PM

Crossfire SRT-6
No havent had any problems with the SRT other than the light condensation and the annoying rattles which are present in the r170 also

As for the engines being different the only difference is... the ecu tunning and exhaust are slightly more restrictive and the camshafts are different thus causing the loss of 19 claimed horsepower, but if u ask me i would say that there is probably a loss of only 15 horse power tops... This was done for marketing purposes also.. as they "tried" to hide the amg presence in the car for whatever reason.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Sidez
This was done for marketing purposes also.. as they "tried" to hide the amg presence in the car for whatever reason.
Which is retarded on their part as you would think that would be a huge selling point!

Trending Topics

Old 02-01-2007, 11:35 PM

Crossfire SRT-6
Originally Posted by SilverBulletAMG
Which is retarded on their part as you would think that would be a huge selling point!
Mercedes Benz car group did not want more competition for the SLK, The way I see it is.. Chrysler makes money = Mercedes makes money, but acctualy it is not so... The engine even has a different cover on it and the AMG engine plauqe and Badging has been removed and replaced with SRT6 Badging, but if u dig a little in the engine you will see amg labeled parts all over the place..

I don't care if they label the car Honda if it made in Germany by Germans at a Mercedes Benz Plant using Mercedes Benz parts it is a Mercedes to me.. I did not like the look of the SLK and it is why I didnt purchase it, I considered the SL though, but just couldnt agree to the price because this car came so cheap to me...

If anyone is still interested in anything about it I would love to answer your questions, but don't try purchasing parts for your mercedes from chrysler it will only cost you more...
Old 02-02-2007, 12:35 AM

Well to answer your question, our Speed Innovations ECU tuning is full compatible between the SRT 6 and C32. Here is a dyno of an SRT 6 with the SI software:

Thought I would pass along another interesting dyno from SI HOT OFF THE PRESS. This is from a Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6, the same engine that is in the C32 AMG