C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Beat a c32 in my V

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 02:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Altima
Originally Posted by mex_amg
I think he was looking for it, why else would anyone post "Beat a c32 in my V" in a C32/C55 forum.
It's a discussion forum. I think he probably expected to 'discuss' his experience with his CTS and the C32. The folks on this forum act like little girls when someone with a faster car shows up.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac
Originally Posted by drallafi
It's a discussion forum. I think he probably expected to 'discuss' his experience with his CTS and the C32. The folks on this forum act like little girls when someone with a faster car shows up.
If you noticed, this person started this thread and dug up an old thread about a CTS-V. He started with a rude, arrogant and unlikable attitude in his very first posts.

Like our friend here, you will notice how most everyone here in this forum will gladly discuss all topics, including faster cars, if the participants are polite. Note the tone of another CTS-V owner that jumped into the fray of the other thread:

"After reading this thread, I just had to register. First, I'd like to apologize for the 'enthusiasm' of my V-brother. He comes off sounding quite brash, even though the discussion of the said V had been very civil until he arrived. He is obviously passionate about his car, as most of us are.

Having said that, I thought I could chime in about the Maggie'd V, as I also own one. 430rwhp would be within range [slightly the low side], especially on a Mustang or other load-bearing dyno. Mine did 461rwhp on a Dynojet. Not huge power, but for a 4-door blvd cruiser, it is respectable.

As far as the race[s] goes, I can believe it completely. With 3.73 gears, a decent-sized V8, and a positive-displacement blower, these cars are not easy to get out of the hole. Throttle modulation is critical all the way through second gear...once into 3rd, however - they're pretty stout, and pull like a freight train.

I can also say that I like and respect the MB cars, as well. I was just able to get a little more bang-for-the buck with the Caddy, and a 6-speed, which I gave up when I sold my Z06 when my son was born. I've had a couple run-ins with a local C32 when I had my Vette, so I know they are pretty quick machines!

Thanks, and enjoy "

This newbe was welcomed to the discussion.

I am not sure why you would be so caustic in your defense of the jackass that decided to start the name calling from his first or second post. Civility will always get you farther, even in disagreement.
Old 02-25-2007, 11:42 AM

2002 C32 ///AMG
Originally Posted by drallafi
Did you read the whole thread (and the original that he is referring to?). This guy read the original post, thought we said that C32's are faster than CTS-V's (when it was really just a story about one guy winning a race which he admitted could have been driver error), and then made this thread out of nowhere. He is doing this to be childish, and you shouldn't encourage his behavior. Most people have already admitted the V is faster, but we don't go on Honda Civic forums and say "Beat a Civic in my C32", because that's childish and pointless, just like this guys post.
Old 02-25-2007, 12:08 PM
Almost a Member!

C32 AMG, C230 Kompressor, Grand Cherokee 5.7 HEMI
Originally Posted by TJ_Andrews
Did you read the whole thread (and the original that he is referring to?). This guy read the original post, thought we said that C32's are faster than CTS-V's (when it was really just a story about one guy winning a race which he admitted could have been driver error), and then made this thread out of nowhere. He is doing this to be childish, and you shouldn't encourage his behavior. Most people have already admitted the V is faster, but we don't go on Honda Civic forums and say "Beat a Civic in my C32", because that's childish and pointless, just like this guys post.
LOL
Old 02-25-2007, 12:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Silver 2002 C32, Silver 2006 CLK 350
Dam one of this lame threads!

I tried to race a CtS V so many times but Grandma & Grandpa wont bite....
Old 02-25-2007, 05:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not an AMG :(
Originally Posted by mex_amg
LOL
sorry!
mex_amg - your signature photo - is that from a youtube clip where you were racing (and put a whipping on) a sc'ed mustang and 330i? The surroundings look very similar!
Old 02-26-2007, 12:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2002 c32
Originally Posted by Trekman

Best post on this topic yet
Old 02-26-2007, 02:12 PM
Almost a Member!

Umm maybe your referring to Cadillac's in general (which is lame because I say the same EXACT thing about Mercedes - just about every century year old person in Florida has one.....)but the Cts-V has a very young market driving it.....
Old 02-26-2007, 02:17 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by 04ctsvfl
Umm maybe your referring to Cadillac's in general (which is lame because I say the same EXACT thing about Mercedes - just about every century year old person in Florida has one.....)but the Cts-V has a very young market driving it.....
You're back again? I thought I'd read several of your posts that said you were departing, for good.

Come on, admit it, you missed us. Didn't you?
Old 02-26-2007, 03:10 PM

2002 C32 ///AMG

Yeah it does have a young market... you're only, what, 13 years old?
Old 02-27-2007, 05:53 PM

2005 C55 AMG Silver Bullet
Exclamation Hope that wasnt your V i **** on !!!

HAHAHAHA i saw a V on the 22 freeway this afternoon ... man it appears to me that the caddy owners dont know how to drive... i didnt even need to look over my shoulder to keep my lead....

and it was black 2....

frankly my opinion ... my C55 is awsome... i love it!!! and well the V's... all i hear about them is many of my friends (ex owners of caddy's)crashing them by accident... must be there great handeling traits...

so a v is cheaper then a mercedes... hence it cost less to produce... hence the cheap **** they put inside... which equals out to what we have been talking about... low resale value, ****ty handeling and a big ol v8 that will leave its fluids on the ground before my car hits 100k on the ODO... well you can have it... i'm sure youll realize sooner then later that you will want to sell that thing before you loose your *** off on that car...

AMG owner keep there cars... because they are worth every penny we pour into them... if you could afford one you'd buy one... LOL

i'm going to go have a smoke...
Old 02-27-2007, 08:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Dude with CTS-V this is a C32 forum and any down talk will bring about these consequences. I had a choice to make in the high performance market when I bought my car and I could only take an AUTO thus the C32 was the best choice. I do like the CTS-V but if I had a choice the C32/C55 would still be my choice. As for age of drivers of Caddy or Merc well mostly the older crowd can afford them. The Merc always represents better than a Cadilac. Keep in mind Merc doesn't follow Cadilac its Cadilac who follows when it comes to making the cars. Cadilac doesn't even touch it in sales. Lexus is probably the closest in terms of competition. If I had a choice other than Merc it would be Lexus.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:08 AM

03' E39 M5, 10' CLS63 AMG
Originally Posted by Trekman

LOL OUCH!!! LOL V- as a grandma & grandpa car ???? LOL
Old 02-28-2007, 02:16 AM

03' E39 M5, 10' CLS63 AMG
Originally Posted by c32used
Dude with CTS-V this is a C32 forum and any down talk will bring about these consequences. I had a choice to make in the high performance market when I bought my car and I could only take an AUTO thus the C32 was the best choice. I do like the CTS-V but if I had a choice the C32/C55 would still be my choice. As for age of drivers of Caddy or Merc well mostly the older crowd can afford them. The Merc always represents better than a Cadilac. Keep in mind Merc doesn't follow Cadilac its Cadilac who follows when it comes to making the cars. Cadilac doesn't even touch it in sales. Lexus is probably the closest in terms of competition. If I had a choice other than Merc it would be Lexus.
+1 on that, but i thought BMW would be next in line not Lexus??? my next choice after benz would have to be an M (hands down those cars can handle like no tomorrow) but in my opinion u get more bang for the buck with a benz over a BMW. that's why i stick with benz. however i would like to see BMW come out with a M3 that is 4 doors and see how well that will hold in the market.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:04 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
see signature
Thumbs down Cts- Style

As far as CTS styling....
I hate 'The LINE' down the rear bumper. It is just like the one on the rear of the (tamPon)tiac Sunfire
From any angle it looks like the rear of the car is two different colors...check it out the next time you see one....

Check it out:
http://www.familycar.com/RoadTests/C...mages/Rear.jpg
F-UGLY.

P.S. I hope he doesn't 'RAPE' me...

Last edited by chicago_fog; 02-28-2007 at 01:07 PM.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by chicago_fog
As far as CTS styling....
I hate 'The LINE' down the rear bumper. It is just like the one on the rear of the (tamPon)tiac Sunfire
From any angle it looks like the rear of the car is two different colors...check it out the next time you see one....

Check it out:
http://www.familycar.com/RoadTests/C...mages/Rear.jpg
F-UGLY.

P.S. I hope he doesn't 'RAPE' me...
I respect Cadillac for TRYING to do something unique -- the folded-paper styling while everyone else makes shapeless blobs-- but the end result on the CTS is horrible. It's too tall at the front fender, and looks top heavy from all angles. To me, it just screams of amateur design. Even Cadillac (like BMW post-Bangle) is recognizing the error and is softening the edges on the new CTS.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Im glad I went with my V instead of an older c32, as I put the beating on one last night from 40-80. But they are nice cars and I would take an e55 if I could afford it over my V. What are all your experiences racing cts-v's? And also what are stock c55's running these days....would my V be a good race against one??? Thanks guys.
Why is it when mentioning your V you aren't lazy to make it a capital but mentioning c32 or c55 you all of the sudden get to lazy to hit the shift key? The C is right next to the V on any standard keyboard. 40-80 well for a car with 50 more horses I would expect the whole rev range. Funny cause your newer V will depreciate more than my C. I can get a newer lower mileage V for the price I got my 02 C.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by Harry Madan
+1 on that, but i thought BMW would be next in line not Lexus??? my next choice after benz would have to be an M (hands down those cars can handle like no tomorrow) but in my opinion u get more bang for the buck with a benz over a BMW. that's why i stick with benz. however i would like to see BMW come out with a M3 that is 4 doors and see how well that will hold in the market.

Not everyone is straight forward for performance people like myself who had the quality of Lexus IS300/350 and its performance is good enough. I really prefer the gagdets thats Makes like Lexus/Infiniti/Acura make. Don't get me wrong Mercedes and BMW are visually and performance wise the **** but they are nothing like the Japs in the gagdets department.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:27 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Man, this thread is getting old.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by AMG-Jerry
Man, this thread is getting old.

This thing has been
Old 02-28-2007, 05:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by ScottW911

This thing has been
Totally. That's a weakness of this forum format. An old, old message can get bumped by another response, and then (unless we exercise restraint) the whole debate starts over again. I wish there was an inactivity function that would suppress old threads.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:59 PM
Banned

why is it guys cant just come in here and in a friendly tone ask for a race??? this isnt pinks!
Old 03-01-2007, 10:12 AM

2002 C32 ///AMG
Originally Posted by Fifth Ring
Totally. That's a weakness of this forum format. An old, old message can get bumped by another response, and then (unless we exercise restraint) the whole debate starts over again. I wish there was an inactivity function that would suppress old threads.
Well, the solution is to have a moderator lock the thread so no one can reply then it just dies off. This would be a good one to lock, since it's pretty much pointless.

Old 03-05-2007, 08:55 PM

03 CLK55, 03 S500 4MATIC
Originally Posted by code3smith
The cadillac explodes.
haha, you guys are funny
Old 03-06-2007, 05:18 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
woohoo...this thread still alive...LOL

I hope the thread starter ain't one of those dumb kids that I came up with last time with a regular CTS posing as a CTS-V. two dumb kid in the car, did a burnout next to me thinking they're cool. I just pointed, laughed and left them with a big smile on my face.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Beat a c32 in my V