C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Clock

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 10:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32
Clock

Did anyone notice that your clock on your dash did not change with the new day light savings scheduel? Can we go into the dash program and make the change, or do we have to wait for 3 more weeks of 1 hour off? Maybe its only my 2002 C32, did anyone else experience this?
Old 03-12-2007, 10:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Audi C7.5 S6
I just reset the clock using the steering wheel controls and on screen menu.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:38 PM

'03 C32
I don't think this can be done through the steering wheel if you have COMAND. Then again, the time reset function through COMAND will not allow me to change the hours!

This was easy on my '85 Subaru. Then again, that car had approximately 249 fewer horses.

The good news is I have a head start on the end of savings time in the fall.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03' E39 M5, 10' CLS63 AMG
Originally Posted by Glasgow Gold
I don't think this can be done through the steering wheel if you have COMAND. Then again, the time reset function through COMAND will not allow me to change the hours!

This was easy on my '85 Subaru. Then again, that car had approximately 249 fewer horses.

The good news is I have a head start on the end of savings time in the fall.
u can adjust the time through the command, when u increase the min the hrs slowly change, so just keep increasing the min, or just re-activate the nav unit and enter the county/city u reside in.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:25 AM

C32
clock reset

Thanks for the suggestions. I will give it a go.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac
MB sent me an email with direction for changing the clock (not that I really needed that). With the COMAND NAV, it worked just fine, going through the SVC button/Settings/Date & Time, as long as I was in my garage. Once I pulled out and hooked up with the GPS, my clock reset to the incorrect, pre-DST time. Now my Date/Clock settings were greyed out and unchangable. So I just changed to Mountain Time zone from Pacific Time zone. I'll have to change it again in 3 weeks. Oh well.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:55 PM

Location: dayton ohio hopefully it will be some place warm and sunny when i finish med school
2002 C32 AMG silver & 2003 Lancer Evolution 8 black very moded
Originally Posted by SACAMG
Did anyone notice that your clock on your dash did not change with the new day light savings scheduel? Can we go into the dash program and make the change, or do we have to wait for 3 more weeks of 1 hour off? Maybe its only my 2002 C32, did anyone else experience this?

BUD,
of course its not going to change with the "new" daylight savings. its NEW... and yeah you can do a lot of cool things with the control center on the tach. go to the menu window that says reset (blah blah blah) click the up or down arrows and it takes you to a menu that you can go through and change all kind of crazy stuff with you ride. like the passager mirror moving down when you back up or have the steering and seat move back and forth when getting in and out of the car. change you headlight such off time. or whatever else you can think of ... LIKE THE CLOCK
Old 03-13-2007, 03:45 PM

03' E39 M5, 10' CLS63 AMG
Originally Posted by edtv82
BUD,
of course its not going to change with the "new" daylight savings. its NEW... and yeah you can do a lot of cool things with the control center on the tach. go to the menu window that says reset (blah blah blah) click the up or down arrows and it takes you to a menu that you can go through and change all kind of crazy stuff with you ride. like the passager mirror moving down when you back up or have the steering and seat move back and forth when getting in and out of the car. change you headlight such off time. or whatever else you can think of ... LIKE THE CLOCK
that is not the same if u have a command unit. u can not adjust the clock form the steering wheel, if u dont have the command unit then that would work.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:03 PM
acm
Almost a Member!

'02 C32 AMG
Thumbs down

Just wanted to add that my 02 C32 (with COMAND) did NOT update the time for DST either. Also I can't change the clock via the steering wheel controls either.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:16 PM

2002 C32 ///AMG
Originally Posted by edtv82
BUD,
Hey I figured it was somewhere, thanks for the info :-) I was about to get the manual out, but this should solve that problem
Old 03-14-2007, 01:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
Originally Posted by acm
Just wanted to add that my 02 C32 (with COMAND) did NOT update the time for DST either. Also I can't change the clock via the steering wheel controls either.
Right . . . you need to manually adjust the clock on the COMMAND.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:23 AM
acm
Almost a Member!

'02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by jgsx
Right . . . you need to manually adjust the clock on the COMMAND.

Do you mean by adjusting the clock by minutes so that it goes up by an hour? Because the hours are not adjustable when the COMAND unit is locked onto the GPS signal.

But what I did in the mean time was what another poster suggsted and changed my timezone to Eastern to get the hour adjustment.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:42 AM

'03 C32
Originally Posted by acm
Do you mean by adjusting the clock by minutes so that it goes up by an hour? Because the hours are not adjustable when the COMAND unit is locked onto the GPS signal.

But what I did in the mean time was what another poster suggsted and changed my timezone to Eastern to get the hour adjustment.
Yes, you can change the minutes through COMAND to scroll to the next hour, as Harry suggests above. Worked for me (albeit in puzzling 30 minute increments), but still have to say that none of this is intuitive. Poorly engineered by MB.
Old 07-11-2015, 04:07 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C32
Not to beat a dead horse but how the hell do i change the time on my c32 with navigation but without the fancy screen like the c55's?????