C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Question About Cd Changer?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 10:27 AM

Location: dayton ohio hopefully it will be some place warm and sunny when i finish med school
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C32 AMG silver & 2003 Lancer Evolution 8 black very moded
Question About Cd Changer?

just curious if i can pull the CD changer out and put the ipod connection cables in instead ? or is there still a way for me to have both...?
Old 04-16-2007, 10:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'01 C320 || '14 Honda Pilot EX-L
If you are talking about the iPod integration kit that is only for MY05+
Old 04-16-2007, 11:11 AM

Location: dayton ohio hopefully it will be some place warm and sunny when i finish med school
Originally Posted by johncl
If you are talking about the iPod integration kit that is only for MY05+
Old 04-16-2007, 11:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by edtv82
just curious if i can pull the CD changer out and put the ipod connection cables in instead ? or is there still a way for me to have both...?
No need. You can plug the iPod right into the Aux input in your glove box and then set the radio to Aux. It wont show the display on the radio, but it will at least play the music through your stereo and you run the iPod just as you would when listening to headphones. Then all you need is the cord which is $10 or less.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'01 C320 || '14 Honda Pilot EX-L
Originally Posted by SilverBulletAMG
No need. You can plug the iPod right into the Aux input in your glove box and then set the radio to Aux. It wont show the display on the radio, but it will at least play the music through your stereo and you run the iPod just as you would when listening to headphones. Then all you need is the cord which is $10 or less.
This is assuming that he has COMAND the aux port installed.

edtv82, tell us more about your setup. Do you have the standard cassette, COMAND or what?
Old 04-16-2007, 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
True...
Old 04-16-2007, 02:19 PM

edtv82, tell us more about your setup. Do you have the standard cassette, COMAND or what?
umm... well i have a tape deck... i dont really know much about my head unit... i know i dont have an AUX button on the head unit at all... i have CD Radio Telephone and tape...

Trending Topics

Old 04-16-2007, 02:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Doesn't sound like you have COMAND then. If I was you I would just look into an aftermarket deck. Most any new deck will have an aux jack in the back you can run a cord too and directly plug your ipod into. You could also upgrade to an aftermarket navigation unit at the same time. If you are looking to throw any subs or aftermarket amps in the car, you will get much better sound of an aftermarket deck as well.
That's the route I would go if I was you...
Old 04-16-2007, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by SilverBulletAMG
Doesn't sound like you have COMAND then. If I was you I would just look into an aftermarket deck. Most any new deck will have an aux jack in the back you can run a cord too and directly plug your ipod into. You could also upgrade to an aftermarket navigation unit at the same time. If you are looking to throw any subs or aftermarket amps in the car, you will get much better sound of an aftermarket deck as well.
That's the route I would go if I was you...
hmm? yeah i was looking at getting a Navigation set up... but i had read a bunch of stuff saying that if i do upgrade the headunit i would have to replace the Bose stock amp and speakers b/c the system wouldn't work correctly.... which when i was reading it i didn't think that was correct info but i dont really know a whole lot about german cars... im a riceburner from my past. but i might as well update it... but are there any euro din kits?
Old 04-16-2007, 02:36 PM

i was thinking about going with a Dual but didn't know if it would fit... i know its 7" wide from the guys at Dual but other than that i dont know if it will work.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
I have a faceplate and bracket custom made for a single din size. It's black and has the MB star above that is backlit in red neon. I was going to install a flip out style deck but decided to put the money elsewhere. PM me if interested...I'll let it go for cheap.
If you're looking for a double din, most need a custom faceplate made to fit because the stock MB faceplate is tapered on the end. Check with a local stereo shop and they should be able to hook you up.
As for the speakers, the factory bose will work just fine. I don't think the stock amp will however. One thing to find out for sure is the output of the speakers. Again, a stereo shop would be able to look and tell you right away what will or won't work.
Do a search in the forums. I remember reading about a few people that upgraded to some nice Pioneer decks, both single flip out and double dins.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:05 PM

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GB1NWM/ref=olp_product_details
/102-7884914-7715358?ie=UTF8&seller=

is where you can get the surround for an aftermarket indash unit... thats double din. i found that on another write up for a pioneer indash unit... if you're interested
Old 04-16-2007, 06:12 PM

2002 C32
Originally Posted by edtv82
hmm? yeah i was looking at getting a Navigation set up... but i had read a bunch of stuff saying that if i do upgrade the headunit i would have to replace the Bose stock amp and speakers b/c the system wouldn't work correctly.... which when i was reading it i didn't think that was correct info but i dont really know a whole lot about german cars... im a riceburner from my past. but i might as well update it... but are there any euro din kits?
I think the issue most people run into when they're considering replacing the stereo is the fiber optic loop that's used to connect the components (stereo head unit, CD changer, voice recognition, phone, amp), I got Steve (MbenzNL) to install a COMAND unit and run the AUX input down to the coin tray area where I connect the iPod.
There was a 3rd party iPod interface that replaced the CD changer (http://www.densionusa.com/icelink_info.htm but it's not available in the US anymore (eBay maybe?)) but I seem to remember it being hit or miss as to whether it worked well in people's cars.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:51 AM

i really think i'm going to just upgrade to a after market unit.