C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

pref. serv. on time

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 04:08 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pref. serv. on time

I've checked the oil through the ODOMeter, first it told me "Pref. Serv. On Time" and after a few second I checked it again, and it's said oil was ok..
so what's does it mean for Pref. serv. on time?
do i need to fix it?
Old 04-18-2007, 08:09 AM

2002 C32 AMG
mine is doing the same thing as well as blackbenzz's car. Any input would be appreciated.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:24 AM

Location: dayton ohio hopefully it will be some place warm and sunny when i finish med school
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C32 AMG silver & 2003 Lancer Evolution 8 black very moded
Perform Service On Time.... aka if you are 8000miles till Service A... change your oil at 8000 miles... aka OK
Old 04-18-2007, 12:29 PM

'10 GLK 350 Capri Blue/Black
Same thing happened to me before the Service B notification came on (by time, not by miles).

Why don't they just include a friggin' dipstick so you can check it the old fashioned way? Maybe due to the dry sump system...
Old 04-18-2007, 01:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
It appears to be a message that indicates that conditions are not right to check on oil. Right after changing oil, I got the same message; but then warmed up the car and it worked fine.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:18 PM

03' E39 M5, 10' CLS63 AMG
Originally Posted by jwanee84
mine is doing the same thing as well as blackbenzz's car. Any input would be appreciated.
that does not mean anything, all that is telling u is that it was not able to check the oil in the car because it has not yet been completely drained to the oil pan.
if u read ur manual it says to check the oil through ODO meter u must have the car at a level spot and it must have been turned off for at least 5 min. so all the oil can drain out to the oil pan for accurate measurement.
so u dont have anything to worry about. ur car's
if u want to test out it out again, try to check the oil of ur car again right after u turned it off it will give u the same message every time.

Last edited by Harry Madan; 04-18-2007 at 01:20 PM.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:24 PM

2002 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Harry Madan
that does not mean anything, all that is telling u is that it was not able to check the oil in the car because it has not yet been completely drained to the oil pan.
if u read ur manual it says to check the oil through ODO meter u must have the car at a level spot and it must have been turned off for at least 5 min. so all the oil can drain out to the oil pan for accurate measurement.
so u dont have anything to worry about. ur car's
if u want to test out it out again, try to check the oil of ur car again right after u turned it off it will give u the same message every time.
Thanks. I was not worried, I know it doesnt mean anything. I was just wondering why that feature stopped working. And since dip sticks are "accessories" that need to be purchased seperately on our cars, that is the only way for me to check my oil. I am aware that you have to wait a while after you change the oil but it still didnt work for me. I will try letting it sit a bit longer and give it another try. Thanks.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:20 PM

03' E39 M5, 10' CLS63 AMG
Originally Posted by jwanee84
Thanks. I was not worried, I know it doesnt mean anything. I was just wondering why that feature stopped working. And since dip sticks are "accessories" that need to be purchased seperately on our cars, that is the only way for me to check my oil. I am aware that you have to wait a while after you change the oil but it still didnt work for me. I will try letting it sit a bit longer and give it another try. Thanks.
ya give that a try, and it should work, if u just changed ur oil it will take longer for the car to be able to measure the oil. but give that a try and wait a little longer and u should be able to get a reading. let me know how it worked out
Old 04-18-2007, 03:23 PM

2002 C32 AMG
will do!
Old 04-19-2007, 11:16 AM

2002 C32 AMG
Thanks for the help Harry. I actually remembered to check my oil before I started the car after work. Usually im so excited about going home i forget. It did check the level and everythign is A ok
Old 04-22-2007, 11:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E36M3 race car/Ferrari F355 GTS/1973 Mini 1275GT/Fiat Abarth/ML63/SLK55
timh718.

in a previous post i indicated you had an overfill of oil in response to your blue smoke from tailpipe prob. i guess you removed some to fix that condition. now- how much did you remove? what is your oil level by diagnostic? i think you removed too much. it's seems you are reluctant to use the search function........as an "old timer" on this board i'd like to point out that there is a wealth of information just waiting for your queries.

get the oil level in the car to exactly where it should be and that mesaage will go away.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:49 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by AWDman
timh718.

in a previous post i indicated you had an overfill of oil in response to your blue smoke from tailpipe prob. i guess you removed some to fix that condition. now- how much did you remove? what is your oil level by diagnostic? i think you removed too much. it's seems you are reluctant to use the search function........as an "old timer" on this board i'd like to point out that there is a wealth of information just waiting for your queries.

get the oil level in the car to exactly where it should be and that mesaage will go away.
check with D.A.S and I've got 7.8L while idle.