C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Can we PLEASE split the forums into c32 and c55 forums?????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 10:22 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'06 C55 AMG
Originally Posted by sdsilverm3
I think this forum is less active (half the activity) than the the E-AMG forum so it might not warrant a split.
I second that.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:34 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
N/A
Originally Posted by Fifth Ring
Let this end the thread.

A quick review of 50 threads shows:

16 would only be of interest to C32 owners (32%)

6 would only be of interest to C55 owners (12%)

28 would be of interest to either C32 or C55 owners (56%)

===========================================

So, to a C32 owner, it is 88% relevant and to a C55 owner it is 66% relevant. A forum that is no worse than 66% relevant is pretty damn relevant.

Consider that various topics do not interest to people. I could care less about headlights, or nav systems. So I don't read those threads.
Statistics, baby, thank you 5th. Although I do appreciate the C55 folks, their vehicles, and their proposition, the numbers are convincing. Let's not burden an already overwhelmed forum. Let's keep it consolidated. You could always start up your own C55 AMG forum. One love. Close this out.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:10 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by spr
Well I didn't want to come off as an *** or anything. I'm not lazy, I just give a **** about any c32's one way or another and there should be a seperate section as they c55 is grossly different than a 32. Come on you all know it is Don't hate!

Case in point- there is a seperate black forum for the clk63 black than the clk63. Honestly I have ZERO interest in anything c32 related.

I also think there should likewise be a seperate c63 forum
no offense, but this thread is retarded. excuse me for not stating the obvious which others have already mentioned.

btw, spr, I just want to ask what exactly you know that we don't know about or have not read about the C55? and please don't tell me suspension because KW and Bilstein all uses the same setup for C32 and C55.

and dude, C63 is going to be on a completely different chassi, of course there's gonna be a different forum for it.

Last edited by FrankW; 04-26-2007 at 06:18 AM.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:55 AM
Almost a Member!

'03 C32
Originally Posted by FrankW
no offense, but this thread is retarded. excuse me for not stating the obvious which others have already mentioned.

btw, spr, I just want to ask what exactly you know that we don't know about or have not read about the C55? and please don't tell me suspension because KW and Bilstein all uses the same setup for C32 and C55.

and dude, C63 is going to be on a completely different chassi, of course there's gonna be a different forum for it.
+1

C55 potentially get more out of the joined forum then the other way round. If the 55 chaps want a SLK R170-AMG-alike forum (all of 6 or 7 threads)....well, then
Old 04-27-2007, 04:36 AM
Almost a Member!

'06 C55 AMG; '07 ML63 AMG
Originally Posted by spr
Let's do this! It would make it easier for the relevant owners to search and discuss issues that are based on their model. The E55 forum has done it. Let's do it as well. PLEASE!
I agree - split the forum. Nothing against the C32 crowd, but the C55 and C32 really do not have that much in common, and reading about C32's isn't very useful to me. Completely different cars from the A-pillar forward, and the interiors are much different as well. Aside from a general overall cosmetic similarity, they share very little.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:07 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally Posted by smackjack
I agree - split the forum. Nothing against the C32 crowd, but the C55 and C32 really do not have that much in common, and reading about C32's isn't very useful to me. Completely different cars from the A-pillar forward, and the interiors are much different as well. Aside from a general overall cosmetic similarity, they share very little.

interior = facelifted W203 same thing as the 2005-2007 C-class. I can remove the door panels and the dash board the same way I removed mine. want me to teach you or something? what you cannot find here you can find it in the W203 forum. please tell me you know how to search.

A-pillar forward the only real difference are the fender, hood, and the front bumper. pop the hood and everything is the same except the V8 vs V6k. Front suspension by aftermarket companies are all using the same part #.

Another difference, dual muffler vs single with different spare wheel tub and heatshield component. The 55 added a heat sink on the rear diff.

everything else...SAME.

If you want to read about the C55 more than you should post more instead of posting idiotic stuff like this saying they are VERY DIFFERENT.

If you want to mod the C55 there's little you can do. Air Filters, under drive pulley kit and ECU will give you some 30-35 crank hp (maybe). If you really want to make power RENNTech and Kleemann makes superchargers for it at $$$.

I can go on...bodykits? The same Carlsson add-on lip for the CLK AMG kit will work for the C55 or you can get the CF replica version most people have or make a run for the Brabus CLK bumper which works for the C55 front. changing the grille? buy the CLK grille and the CLK hood release handle.

the fact of the matter is there isn't much you can talk about on the C55.

oh yea...exhaust. you can buy the Brabus exhaust for the W220 S-class and change the piping and the hanger a little bit if you reall want an aftermarket exhaust (someone has already done it on this board). Other brand will probably work the same.

Ling has perfect understanding for all of these and are always contributing. Why can't you do the same instead of bagging on how things are different with the C55 without contribution.

Last edited by FrankW; 04-27-2007 at 05:22 AM.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:05 AM
Almost a Member!

Frank, you need to take your Ritalin, man.

Old 04-27-2007, 06:13 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Frank, you need to take your Ritalin, man.

you really should read the entire thread before you decide to jump in next time.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:25 AM
Almost a Member!

Final observation: It seems to me that there is an inordinate amount of childish emotion in this thread, mostly from C32 owners who seem pi$$ed that some C55 owners want to split the forum. Not sure I understand why anyone should be so personally upset by the idea, but maybe that in itself is a good reason to do it.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Why do you want the forum split again?

So there can be 10 threads in the C55 forum and 20,000 in the C32 forum? In reality those 10 threads could probably cover everything about the C55.

It isn't all that hard to find C55 data in this combined format. You might also learn a thing or two while reading the C32 stuff. A lot of the stuff carries over no matter how different you'd like to think the two models are.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:47 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Final observation: people are neither pissed or emotional. Am I upset? nope. I'm however focuing on one thing and one thing only which is the reason spr and you posted for wanting to split the great forum for both car. The idiotc claim that the C55 and C32 are very "different" and you cannot find the "help" you need on knowing your own car.

Granted the C55 was sold in the US 1 year short of C32 (2 vs 3), the reason we/C32 owner have much to post is most because we searched and experienced, and most of the information are on FIXING the damn car because the C32 being the first supercharged AMG has quite some problems. take AMG-jerry for example he posted a lot of great informations because he experimented. Like Ling and other 55 owner said in various other threads. The C55 doesn't have that many problems comes to reliability.

Instead of *****ing about the lack of information you could at least contribute or even start threads asking on stuff that you are looking for or for information that you cannot find.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 C32
Let's burn spr at the stake!
Old 04-27-2007, 09:05 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by FrankW
Final observation: people are neither pissed or emotional. Am I upset? nope. I'm however focuing on one thing and one thing only which is the reason spr and you posted for wanting to split the great forum for both car. The idiotc claim that the C55 and C32 are very "different" and you cannot find the "help" you need on knowing your own car.

Granted the C55 was sold in the US 1 year short of C32 (2 vs 3), the reason we/C32 owner have much to post is most because we searched and experienced, and most of the information are on FIXING the damn car because the C32 being the first supercharged AMG has quite some problems. take AMG-jerry for example he posted a lot of great informations because he experimented. Like Ling and other 55 owner said in various other threads. The C55 doesn't have that many problems comes to reliability.

Instead of *****ing about the lack of information you could at least contribute or even start threads asking on stuff that you are looking for or for information that you cannot find.

Here's what I don't understand: If the C55 owners are such a pain in the a$$ and have nothing constructive to contribute to the C32 forum, why fight so hard to keep us in the forum? Why wouldn't you be glad to see us split off and have our own discussion forum? Why should that bother you?

Last edited by smackjack; 04-27-2007 at 09:22 AM.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Here's what I don't understand: If the C55 owners are such a pain in the a$$ and have nothing constructive to contribute to the C32 forum, why fight so hard to keep us in the forum? Why wouldn't you be glad to see us split off and have our own discussion forum? Why should that bother you?
Let's be serious -- there's no difference between a C55 versus a C32 owner that would support a split. It's about the cars and the commonality or dissimilarity of them.

The argument for splitting is about making the forum more relevant to visitors. The argument against it is that it will reduce critical mass, and each group will lose the benefit of the collective wisdom and experiences of the other group. I think the latter argument (loss of mass) outweights the benefits by an enormous proportion. As I noted above, 2/3 of the content is valuable to all W203 AMG owners.

Perhaps things got a little heated because the original poster is known to be controversial, and he didn't help things by saying he didn't give a ***** about C32s. It's always risky to use profanity in a public manner since you never know the meaning that the reader/listener will give to it. To some readers, saying that you don't give a ***** about something means you disrespect it. That, together with the fervent wish to split the forum, and the authori's history, stirred up emotions.

Last edited by Fifth Ring; 04-27-2007 at 10:56 AM.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:39 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac
Let's be serious -- there's no difference between a C55 versus a C32 owner that would support a split. It's about the cars and the commonality or dissimilarity of them.

The argument for splitting is about making the forum more relevant to visitors. The argument against it is that it will reduce critical mass, and each group will lose the benefit of the collective wisdom and experiences of the other group. I think the latter argument (loss of mass) outweights the benefits by an enormous proportion. As I noted above, 2/3 of the content is valuable to all W203 AMG owners.

Perhaps things got a little heated because the original poster is known to be controversial, and he didn't help things by saying he didn't give a ***** about C32s. It's always risky to use profanity in a public manner since you never know the meaning that the reader/listener will give to it. To some readers, saying that you don't give a ***** about something means you disrespect it. That, together with the fervent wish to split the forum, and the authori's history, stirred up emotions.
Once again, Fifth reasons with wisdom and eloquence rarely seen in most forums. Thanks, Fifth Ring, for being a calming and reasoned voice amongst the shouting.

And yes, I believe he is dead-on correct in is analysis of the proposed split and the member making the proposition.
Old 04-27-2007, 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63

Great post Fifth... +1

I think its pretty ironic that the people that want to split the forum have less that 500 posts combined.. Maybe if you guys were more active someone might actually consider your proposition. Plus this would mean there would be more C55 posts. Don't cha think?
Old 04-27-2007, 01:03 PM

2003 C32 AMG, 2003 ML270 CDi

Great post.

Fifth Ring for President!!
Old 04-27-2007, 01:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Longest tread on this forum is about a C55

I vote for keeping it together! I added a ton of mods (other than then lame SC) that TRULY work after learning what the C32 guys are doing. For example Quaife LSD, Denso IK22, Magnecor wires, Colder T-Stat, Sprintbooster, K&Ns, Suspension (PSS9), Intercooler pump upgrade, Wheels, Brakes, etc...Plus a lot of comaraderie mixed with a bit of rilvary since they are both very close in performance makes this section more exciting to read about.

Last edited by AMGSC; 04-27-2007 at 01:28 PM.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:13 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by amgmark
Great post Fifth... +1

I think its pretty ironic that the people that want to split the forum have less that 500 posts combined.. Maybe if you guys were more active someone might actually consider your proposition. Plus this would mean there would be more C55 posts. Don't cha think?
Hey, guess what? The number of posts has nothing to do with quality of contribution. It only has to do with how MUCH you talk. Don't cha think?

In any event, though I'm new to this forum as a poster, don't assume that I'm a moron. I'd wager that I've owned more high-performance cars than 95% of the members here. Mostly what I see on this forum is akin to a childish college sports chat board, complete with all the attendant sarcasm and namecalling. Amazing really.

And, oh yeah, I am prepared for the obligatory response post telling me that if the forum is so bad, why don't I just take a hike. Now that I've said it, maybe you don't need to.

Last edited by smackjack; 04-27-2007 at 02:16 PM.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63
Hey smackdown..

Talk about quality of contribution?.. This is the first time I have ever seen you post in this forum and your other 30 posts don't seem to offer any value besides the fact you aren't happy with your ML's gas mileage.

Never assumed you were a moron, but I think I am starting so now.

Why don't you go back and look at some of your posts and compare who is childish.

FYI, I don't think anyone really cares how many high performance cars you have owned, besides you that is.

Have a nice day.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:52 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by amgmark
Hey smackdown..

Talk about quality of contribution?.. This is the first time I have ever seen you post in this forum and your other 30 posts don't seem to offer any value besides the fact you aren't happy with your ML's gas mileage.

Never assumed you were a moron, but I think I am starting so now.

Why don't you go back and look at some of your posts and compare who is childish.

FYI, I don't think anyone really cares how many high performance cars you have owned, besides you that is.

Have a nice day.
This is exactly what I was talking about. Rather than discussing the subject of the thread, you fellas only want to trash anyone who's opinion doesn't comport with your own.

Last edited by smackjack; 04-27-2007 at 02:59 PM.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63
There is no discussion! They are not going to split the forum. If a mod should do anything it's close this tread because it's ridiculous.

BTW, Where did I trash you?
Old 04-27-2007, 03:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
This is exactly what I was talking about. Rather than discussing the subject of the thread, you fellas only want to trash anyone who's opinion doesn't comport with your own.
Define "you fellas."
Old 04-27-2007, 03:09 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
you are truly a moron.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:32 PM
Almost a Member!

Define "you fellas."

Best post in the thread. Hands down.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Can we PLEASE split the forums into c32 and c55 forums?????