C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Can we PLEASE split the forums into c32 and c55 forums?????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 05:37 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'06 C55 AMG; '07 ML63 AMG
Originally Posted by FrankW
you are truly a moron.
(hands clapping) Great contribution Frank. Good work. A big feather in your cap, bro.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:20 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac
Originally Posted by smackjack
Frank, you need to take your Ritalin, man.

I've spent some time re-reading through the posts in this thread and have decided the following:

1- This quote seemed to have started the fracas. It went down hill from here, until....

2- Fifth Ring stated: "Let's be serious -- there's no difference between a C55 versus a C32 owner that would support a split. It's about the cars and the commonality or dissimilarity of them.

The argument for splitting is about making the forum more relevant to visitors. The argument against it is that it will reduce critical mass, and each group will lose the benefit of the collective wisdom and experiences of the other group. I think the latter argument (loss of mass) outweights the benefits by an enormous proportion. As I noted above, 2/3 of the content is valuable to all W203 AMG owners.

Perhaps things got a little heated because the original poster is known to be controversial, and he didn't help things by saying he didn't give a ***** about C32s. It's always risky to use profanity in a public manner since you never know the meaning that the reader/listener will give to it. To some readers, saying that you don't give a ***** about something means you disrespect it. That, together with the fervent wish to split the forum, and the authori's history, stirred up emotions."

This was a well stated compromise.

3- This post started the bad Ju-Ju again at: "Hey, guess what? The number of posts has nothing to do with quality of contribution. It only has to do with how MUCH you talk. Don't cha think?

In any event, though I'm new to this forum as a poster, don't assume that I'm a moron. I'd wager that I've owned more high-performance cars than 95% of the members here. Mostly what I see on this forum is akin to a childish college sports chat board, complete with all the attendant sarcasm and namecalling. Amazing really.

And, oh yeah, I am prepared for the obligatory response post telling me that if the forum is so bad, why don't I just take a hike. Now that I've said it, maybe you don't need to."

Come on, SmackJack. This seems to be a severe case of the kettle calling the pot black. Or, to put it better, does anyone else remember the parable about the speck in your brother's eye (Matt 7:3)?

Last edited by ScottW911; 04-27-2007 at 06:22 PM.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:57 PM
spr
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by jgsx
Let's burn spr at the stake!
And this is why I have not responded further to this thread.

C32 owners have really taken this the wrong way and are upset over nothing; you'd think I slept with your wife! I don't care about c32's because I don't own one and don't experience many of the maintenance issues they discuss ad nasium.

The cars ARE therefore different enough that the many maintenance issues that the c32's have, which seem to be quite a plethora as of late, simply don't interest nor concern most c55 owners.

It would simply be nice to have a c55 forum so that I don't have to sift through all of that irrelevant data to find something interesting and useful and spend my time pursuing something constructive instead of looking at a thread I thought was useful, only to find, time and time again, it is c32 related and irrelevant to a c55 owner.

I think that c32 owners have an inferiority complex and feel that I am saying that their cars are in fact inferior to the c55. I am not saying that. You can obviously mod a c32 and make it faster than a c55 stock. On the other hand you can stick a blower on a c55 and there is NO comparison. Get over the comparisons, that's why I never brought it up.

I am not going to waste my time any further on this issue. My goal was to make it easier for c55 owners to gain the information they desired more easily.

Think of it as if c32 owners had to share their forum with the other NON-AMG model. It would be annoying for them much as it is for us. Are many things the same? Probably, but that's not why I am on the forum. I am here to get more info about c55's not any other C model.

Old 04-27-2007, 07:08 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
like I've said. The C55's common problem is no different than any other 2005-2007 W203 C-class or 2001-2004 W200 C-class. Engine wise, if you can't find what you need here just ask or search for it in the CLK55 forum. We don't even have enough information in reality in this forum that's why there is the general W203 forum for DIY threads as most of us also contribute over on the W203 forum since the cars are essentially the same and the common problems can all be solved in the same manner.

By reading what you said, you basically want the information FEED to you without asking or discussing with other people that are willing to help. If you just want to do that why bother posting or registering on the board?

You want to learn more about the C55, yet you are willing to ignore all the other facts that the C55 is only a W203 where what you are looking for are probably already there for you to find.

btw, in this thread no one brought up the comparison between the C32 and C55 in performance other than you.

Last edited by FrankW; 04-27-2007 at 07:13 PM.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 C32 AMG, 2003 ML270 CDi
Originally Posted by FrankW
By reading what you said, you basically want the information FEED to you without asking or discussing with other people that are willing to help. If you just want to do that why bother posting or registering on the board?
With you Frank.

Any successful community - whether in the real world or online - requires it's members to contribute. It's that contribution to others and the greater good of the community that enables it's members to then be able to take out of the communities resources.

If that were not the case we'd all be loners in this world, and avoiding interaction with others. History tells us that with communities, the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts.

Those C32 owners that have responded to this thread - and have been criticised - are IMHO some of the main contributors to this forum, and they along with a select few others pretty much make this community what it is. It's their contribution that makes it a truly valuable resource for us all - whether a C32 or C55.

This is a great forum. Keep it up fellas. Whoever "fellas" might be.
Old 04-28-2007, 10:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by spr
Think of it as if c32 owners had to share their forum with the other NON-AMG model. It would be annoying for them much as it is for us. Are many things the same? Probably, but that's not why I am on the forum. I am here to get more info about c55's not any other C model.
C32 is to Non-AMG
as
C55 is to C32.

Superiority complex much?

The C32 owners DO share their forum with another model - the C55.
Old 04-28-2007, 10:45 AM
Almost a Member!

'06 C55 AMG; '07 ML63 AMG
spr to forum: "Let my people go!"

Old 04-28-2007, 12:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
R129, XF Sportbrake, SC400
That would be like splitting the regular w203 forum into 5 different sub forums.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:09 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
Splitting the forum into a C32 and C55 section is like trying to split the W220 section from 2000-2002 models and 2003-2006 models. Sure, they may be facelifted in and out, and have new engines, but they're still the same underneath.

Why are you guys still discussing this again?
Old 04-28-2007, 06:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

IBTL!!
Old 04-28-2007, 06:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C55 ///AMG, 535xi
you dont see the W203 COUPE owners asking to be split to the "coupes" part of mbworld!
Old 04-28-2007, 07:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1991 Toyota MR2, 2002 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by AsianML
Splitting the forum into a C32 and C55 section is like trying to split the W220 section from 2000-2002 models and 2003-2006 models. Sure, they may be facelifted in and out, and have new engines, but they're still the same underneath.
I agree.

I'm a big automotive enthusiast and being active in these forums in the little time I've been here, I've acquired knowledge from senior members that I could not find elsewhere.

I guess whatever makes the community happy is good enough for me.

Also to ScottW911: Excellent post.